• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Sooooo... you have to be CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET to use the Test Map feature...

You can test it without internet. And the best part, its somehow faster.
Maybe because even the servers know they are running a piece of shit game.

I do all my coding ON THE TRAIN. I can't even start a fucking custom game match without jumping through hoops like installing Bonjour and trying to make a lobby name/etc. AND THEN THE GAME DOESN'T EVEN START.

What the fuck even is this piece of shit game!?!?! Some sinister fuck must be getting off to all this.

But of course, our favorite Bobby boy loves your money.

lol. Hi, guys!

Glad I clocked out in 2017.

How goes it, angry people?

I'm with you man, I merely stand on a hill watching this cesspool.
And only occasionally throwing rocks at Blizztard.
LONG LIVE 1.26 VERSION

I refunded and yet I still consider myself to be their customer - one that was so disappointed with their product that he chose to get his money back. Besides, you're free to complain even if you don't have Reforged and, as you said previously, all they care about is money, so... yeah.

Anyway, I find your decision to not refund... kinda strange. I mean, you're first to call out folks for defending Reforged or hoping that it gets better and rally people to "keep fighting evil corporations", while at the same time you allow Blizzard to keep your purchase despite the fact that the game isn't even working for you.

I don't know, man - to me it doesn't make much sense...

I also won't refund. I want to see where and how this dumpster fire ends.

please, your 4k phone display is way too much for our devices

Lol

I still like it in meaning of models and what I expected (everything same but with new models), but I do not like what is being promised and uct off, false advertising, lack of proper communications, banning and not refunding people once they got disappointed by game, buggy game (black screens, disconects, random crashes and errors).

You had me at false advertising.

Even as someone who is relatively satisfied, and has been fortunate enough to avoid (most) technical problems, I am still extremely disappointed at Blizzard. Just because I don't have many problems doesn't mean others don't and I care what others think because if people hate this game then no one is going to play my Reforged campaigns or use my models so I don't really have a reason to work on either. The EULA doesn't help either but didn't SC2 have a similar EULA?

My exact feelings.

And that's why SC2 is also a dying piece of shit. The only saving grace are the modders
still stuck to that sinking ship and the players who enjoy the custom games. Ladder play is dead?

And how's SCII modding going? Last time I checked it died in 2016. To clarify, it was never in the level wcIII moding is.

My thoughts exactly

Sincerely,

Just one passionate Warcraft III player

Love it. Send it to Bobby, attached to a brick, through his window

Isn't the Galaxy Editor basically a pile of sh!t?

Kudos to everyone who learned how to mod with that editor, I've seen some amazing work there.
But yeah... I also think the editor is just encrusted goat vomit.

Level 34
@deepstrasz but you do not see bigger picture. Its not about just money of certain person. She may paid 30$ for this crap, but as you may forgot that since first day Reforged came, I did serious and rapid campaign against them myself. I successfully managed to deflect at least over 10 people since day one! And next day few kids whose play WOW and were interested in reforged to buy soon. And many many others in my real life surroundings, but I am not sure about that and wont guess numbers. But lets say just 10!
They got 30$ from us and banned me, but in turn I deflected 10x30=300$ And this is much less (because I spread campaign with others everywhere in my part of country we could and know), but let say for sake of conversation. So, in this I still won.
While you are right about that we may be stupid for not refund, still you did not count how many damage people like us did to them. It was better from Blizzard if we did not pay for game, but remained silent instead. So no, I strongly believe that they are not doing nothing on my money, as from me they got more damage than gain.

Reactions: pyf

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
You can test it without internet. And the best part, its somehow faster.
Maybe because even the servers know they are running a piece of shit game.

When I clicked test map, it took 6 times as long to start the game as it did with classic. When running it offline, an error occured. Faithfully. But I still had to wait 6 times as long just to be disappointed.

Also, when I tested it offline, I ALWAYS got an error, which when dismissed took me to the page that allowed me to select whether I would play offline or leave the game. No matter which option I chose the game wouldn't start. When trying to manually start an offline game, I had to install BONJOUR, create a LOBBY NAME, find my map amidst the sea of maps in my storage, and then that map would autocrash before the loading screen and bring me BACK TO HAVING TO CREATE A LOBBY.

That was what broke me.

Level 8
Damn I uninstalled yesterday, but I was lucky I did not have anythig important in reforged custom maps since I am using 1.27 backup, neverheless reforged is first game I am scared to install because after patch I had registery problem. Next time I will create those virtual windows and install it there, so I can safely delete whole virtual windows with everything reforge ever touched.

Reactions: pyf
Level 11
After uninstalling Reforged, my sea of development work was nuked in my Maps folder.
Did you keep those maps in the same directory as your Warcraft 3 installation? My "Maps" folder is stored in Documents\Warcraft III\, nothing was deleted after uninstalling Reforged. Custom campaigns, preferences, logs, replays - everything is still there. Didn't even bother to backup anything (which I should have done, anyway).
yYyhI7Z.png
eu9qeaI.png

Level 16
Reforged quality content.
JAZCQG8.jpg

Edit: bthw, the credits never end. they're unending. They are infinite. You have to press ESC manually. There is no secret. They just never, ever end.
Edit2: Look at those HD models on the house walls! LMAO.. honestly, modders here have done a way better job at making HD content, on the limitations of tools and game capacity.. this is just shameful.

Last edited:
Level 5
On your money though.
Also, masochistic.

:goblin_boom:

@deepstrasz but you do not see bigger picture. Its not about just money of certain person. She may paid 30$ for this crap, but as you may forgot that since first day Reforged came, I did serious and rapid campaign against them myself. I successfully managed to deflect at least over 10 people since day one! And next day few kids whose play WOW and were interested in reforged to buy soon. And many many others in my real life surroundings, but I am not sure about that and wont guess numbers. But lets say just 10!
They got 30$ from us and banned me, but in turn I deflected 10x30=300$ And this is much less (because I spread campaign with others everywhere in my part of country we could and know), but let say for sake of conversation. So, in this I still won.
While you are right about that we may be stupid for not refund, still you did not count how many damage people like us did to them. It was better from Blizzard if we did not pay for game, but remained silent instead. So no, I strongly believe that they are not doing nothing on my money, as from me they got more damage than gain.

You are my hero. I will create statues in my maps in your honor. And little children will tell the tale of the man
who saved them from buying a broken ass piece of shit game coming from a name that once had worth.

Like a hero.

I'm serious btw lol

When I clicked test map, it took 6 times as long to start the game as it did with classic. When running it offline, an error occured. Faithfully. But I still had to wait 6 times as long just to be disappointed.

Also, when I tested it offline, I ALWAYS got an error, which when dismissed took me to the page that allowed me to select whether I would play offline or leave the game. No matter which option I chose the game wouldn't start. When trying to manually start an offline game, I had to install BONJOUR, create a LOBBY NAME, find my map amidst the sea of maps in my storage, and then that map would autocrash before the loading screen and bring me BACK TO HAVING TO CREATE A LOBBY.

That was what broke me.

:vw_wtf:
That's horrible... The whole create-wait-error-wait-create-wait-CRASH ... I've broken stuff for less in the past...

I'll test later. I'm 60% sure it worked for me.

After uninstalling Reforged, my sea of development work was nuked in my Maps folder. The old protections which were in place to make sure Maps data didn't get deleted is gone.

I repeat: UNINSTALLING REFORGED NUKES YOUR SAVED CUSTOM MAPS!!!

damn........

dont you guys have backups?

:/

Damn I uninstalled yesterday, but I was lucky I did not have anythig important in reforged custom maps since I am using 1.27 backup, neverheless reforged is first game I am scared to install because after patch I had registery problem. Next time I will create those virtual windows and install it there, so I can safely delete whole virtual windows with everything reforge ever touched.

So the message is pretty clear... make some back-ups cuz Blizzard not only wants to steal your ideas
they also want to destroy the evidence if you ever uninstall the game.

You don't know.

You think you want it, but you don't?

Edit2: Look at those HD models on the house walls! LMAO.. honestly, modders here have done a way better job at making HD content, on the limitations of tools and game capacity.. this is just shameful.

DOTA HQ is like, 5 years ago... and its still a better job than reforged...
made by one guy, that loved the game.

Level 34
You are my hero. I will create statues in my maps in your honor. And little children will tell the tale of the man
who saved them from buying a broken ass piece of shit game coming from a name that once had worth.

Haha I am not hero, just fighter for justice

You think you want it, but you don't?
He told me that I do not know. Yet he knows, that is important.
But he does not seem to realize that this what we do (Hive, internet, foruming and all craps) are just one part of life. real life is another. Here in part of my country people are still ,,old fashioned" even they are all time on internet. They believe more person whose they count ,,legitimate" (their friend, cousin, family members etc..) rather what we say here. For simple reason because there are ,,paid" and biased reviews/fanatics with one side, and those hateboys at another side. So my words to them count more than 100 words online spoken. Because they do not know people online. Here is matter of trust in real life, not in virtual life. We go to coffee, cinema together, we walk together, go to parties. We speak often, almost daily. So yes, I know when I made conversation with someone I know for long time regarding Reforged, for sure that he is not going to buy it.

deepstarasz mostly thinks when I say to my cousins, relatives, neighbours, collegues in university that it is same as I wrote post here in Hive or anywhere else. Which is totally wrong, as mentality here is different. People spend too much time on internet here, but regarding such things, they like more to talk with real person they believe. And many asked me about Reforged since they know that I am into this stuff. That is why I am sure that I backed off at least 10 people fore sure. Many many more, but I am not sure about numbers because those people whose I convinced against Reforged are spreading words to their peoples, relatives, close friends, colleagues at work and such ... Chain reaction. That is why I cannot say true numbers. But for some I am sure.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
deepstarasz mostly thinks when I say to my cousins, relatives, neighbours, collegues in university that it is same as I wrote post here in Hive or anywhere else. Which is totally wrong, as mentality here is different.
Please keep your hands off the keyboard if you intend to let them be taken by the impulse of typing.

What I mostly think is that you're being hypocritical not refunding the game on the idea that it was given to you as a present and that you need it to write on the official forums when you can do it without it.

Level 34
Please keep your hands off the keyboard if you intend to let them be taken by the impulse of typing.
Me being impulsive? For what? I at least write something and try to explain, while you quote my posts with simple sentences ,,You do not know" then fail to elaborate what did you mean when I ask you nicely.

What I mostly think is that you're being hypocritical not refunding the game on the idea that it was given to you as a present and that you need it to write on the official forums when you can do it without it.
I am hypocritical? I have more moral right to talk about game than you since I actually own it, unlike you. MasterBlaster did have game as well, he tried to. Bribe has it. Many people have it.

Level 20
I am hypocritical?
I've tried to avoid using that word, but since it has been said by someone else... In my eyes - yes, you are.

But that's hardly relevant. At the end of the day, what you do with your money is none of my business. You do you and I'll just keep what I think about it to myself. We've had enough drama recently, no point starting another one.

Last edited:
Level 16
not refunding the game on the idea that it was given to you as a present

Don't want to mingle, but I think that's a very valid reason for him not to refund it, especially since it's from his significant other. I know Haosis tends to let more of his personal life than the rest of us do, but I wouldn't say that's impulsive either.

Just giving my unbiased opinion on this, for political correctness sake. I'm not assuming there's a side to support or not.

Level 20
I think that's a very valid reason for him not to refund it, especially since it's from his significant other
Purely theoretically (i.e. not referring to anyone) - yes, it's a completely valid reason to not refund IF your reasoning is to not make the person who gave you that gift sad, but if you already told that person that his/her gift was bad then that reason ceases to make sense.

Level 20
I wouldn't expect more than 15%
Our Black Friday Sale Is Now Live!

Get 50% off the following for adventurers of all kinds:
  • Battle for Azeroth® (Standard Edition, Digital Deluxe Edition, or Digital Deluxe Upgrade)
And that's just one example. During the very same sale, they had 50% off for Overwatch Legendary Edition, first-time WoW sub, Starcraft Remastered and Diablo 3.

Considering this, a 50+% off deal on Reforged seems completely possible, albeit it make take a couple of months :)

Level 20
black friday sale is an exception, but I do indulge the idea of them dropping this. I simply think it's unrealistic to expect.
Okay, so how about this:
Everything You’ll Find In Blizzard’s Holiday Sale

It's not an exception - they have some really decent sales from time to time. Obviously, you won't get a new game for 50% off, but considering how bad response to Reforged was, they might want to offer it at a seriously discounted price in their next sale just to recover some money.

So, I'd say that a 33% off mid-year, 50% off towards the end of the year is possible.

Last edited:
Level 34
@MasterBlaster it is not arguing, just constructive conversation. I do not feel angry or something like that.

I know Haosis tends to let more of his personal life than the rest of us do, but I wouldn't say that's impulsive either.
We had conversation, and I told him and I can told here in front of everybody. I constantly learn from mistakes, and in past I made plenty of them in real life. I can name you if you wish, this can be comedy as ever, but we will get off topic. So yes, I learned in heavier ways to knowledge bad moves, to PREVENT them happening again. If you defend your shit blindly you will get into deeper shit.
But here, I fail to see what I did or said wrong. I was called to be impulsive for no reason. Impulsive man react impulsively, without thinking, letting his emotion to lead him before reason and rational sense. If you see my post I actually asked him nicely if he can explain himself better (for that very reason actually, to prevent such situation), and he did not. Then I wrote statement (which may be corrected if he explained himself which he had chance to do), and for no reason my behavior is called impulsive. But literally for no reason.
This is one of those situation, how you turn you are guilty. You do A you are guilty. You do B to prevent A, you are guilty again. How you turn, you are guilty anyway.

Now, MasterBlaster, since this is ontopic as we are talking Reforged actually. Mind to elaborate please what is hypocrite regarding Warcraft: reforged, as I seem fail to understand this therm regarding this game.
From what I know hypocrites have also one characteristic. They tend to complain of stuff which are no necessarily affecting them. No directly, but still they yell about it how they are being directly hit. For example: You complain on rain, watching it from inside (yet again people around you go outside at that weather). You complain about cars something and have no driving license at all (yet again some people dive, test them and such), you complain how high some taxes are even you do not pay any tax (which obviously you can determine this by examining taxes, but there are people who actually pay from their own pockets thus their opinions should be more valued), and finally, regarding Reforged. There are people complaining how game is bad, yet they do not have game, did not experience disappointment at their own skin as we did directly. And some of them are more strongly voiced than us like they are directly hit. (By this I do not count those whose classic Wc3 got fucked and merged with Reforged and have to download 20+GB just to play classic). But I hear everywhere even in reality people who do not play classic, do not have Reforged, both complaining and defending blizzard. based on what?
Sure, freedom of speech and all of that. But there is common sense and responsibility. People want rights but not responsibility that their opinion actually have some height. This is what I want to draw line. People whose are not affected directly should have voice regarding subject, but people whose got directly affected not should, but MUST have their voice more important. They can't be equal.
That is why you have some of people asking all of us ,,Hey what is big deal it is just game?" - and he expressed his opinion. based on that he does not care, not interested in classic, not in reforged, but keep talking on subject. And finally, calling someone hypocrite who actually possess game is for me hypocritical behavior as well.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
This is what I want to draw line. People whose are not affected directly should have voice regarding subject, but people whose got directly affected not should, but MUST have their voice more important. They can't be equal.
This is wrong on so many levels. If that were to be applied, then there would be no support groups, no one to help you or something when needed because by your logic only the person who directly experiences something has the right to complain or protest.

Hypocrisy is when you say or complain about something but do not do anything to change it for the better. It's not when you complain about something you don't have. That's empathy.
If I complain about you having depression and not try to help you, then yes I'd be a hypocrite but if I do something about it I will not be. I don't also need to have depression so I can not be a hypocrite if I say something about depression, otherwise all doctors would be hypocrites by how you wrote it.

Last edited:
This Thread had lost its value as only 10% of the posts here are actually useful.

I hope there will be a janitor cleaning up because nobody is ever going to read 50 pages of discussion when only 5 talk about something that is ontopic.

No harm intended guys, but this reminds me of the blizzard forums. We can do better than this.

Level 16
This Thread had lost its value as only 10% of the posts here are actually useful.

I hope there will be a janitor cleaning up because nobody is ever going to read 50 pages of discussion when only 5 talk about something that is ontopic.

No harm intended guys, but this reminds me of the blizzard forums. We can do better than this.
Be the change you want to see in the world, for example don't post offtopic if offtopic is what's hurting you.

On a side note, I think we're just a little excited to be back on Hive, hence the many comments. I don't support offtopicism, this has been an extraordinary time.

Level 34
This is wrong on so many levels. If that were to be applied, then there would be no support groups, no one to help you or something when needed because by your logic only the person who directly experiences something has the right to complain or protest.
Ah no. My bad because I did not precise what I directly mean by ,,complaining on reforged". I directly mean on technical stuff and performances.
You do not need to own game to see that it is bad. You hear people, you see models and such, you see Blizzard's absence and lack of communication, you see false advertising, and you actually SEE EVERYTHING to know.
But you do not see bugs, slow down, disconnects and such.. You only heard from others. For example, I know about black screens and how it looks like. I know random errors I get, I know many stuff although I did not experienced multiplayer and thus you wont see me arguging or mentioning multiplayer EVER! I strongly believe that I should talk and argue mostly about stuff which I know for sure. Not about ,,what I think but may be different". Those bugs I have experienced when play game, you did not. Now I am giving you example, I never said that you argued about performance yourself. But I have seen many people here doing it. ,,I wont buy Reforged it is piece of crap" - which is true anyway, but start to mention poor performance and bugs. Obviously this is not helping situation and he cannot report any bug! As he does not have game, so he cannot report anything for real. That is why I mean, to technical aspects, those people's opinion should be less valued than ours.

What you experienced directly is they forced you down to download 20+GB of crap in order to play classic! They ruined classic for you, and you have full right to bash them for it and rebel as you did not ask for this.

Hypocrisy is when you say or complain about something but do not do anything to change it for the better. It's not when you complain about something you don't have. That's empathy.
Thanks for explain me what you think. It really helps me lot.

If I complain about you having depression and not try to help you, then yes I'd be a hypocrite but if I do something about it I will not be. I don't also need to have depression so I can not be a hypocrite if I say something about depression, otherwise all doctors would be hypocrites by how you wrote it.
See, I totally get your point. And regarding this case you may be right.

But speaking of medicine itself. it is really questionable. You may have good will to help me, but your actions maybe are not helping me because you do not know certain subject very well, you are not doctor! If i listen you and took some medications for some illness and something, you wont answer to laws because you are nobody to medicine! I do not say this, even it is harsh, but those are not my words. World said that. It is world's system which applied in every single country.
One must pass exam, to study medicine, to get certified for example to be doctor. So if I have some problem (easier problem can be solved at home), then I need to report problem, they set me date to met him. Then after he checks me, he decide what is wrong with me and how to treat it. he has seal, signature and all to mark his opinion, because his opinion matters. I can deny it, by reporting it, then his superiors will set up commission team to question his decision. Yet again those are higher doctors, not people on street whose got modern mentality that ,,their opinion matters"
My mother died 10 years ago in car crash. She was nurse. And my neighbors mostly were lazy to visit doctors, so they bugged her constantly while she was alive for various sicknesses to tell them what to do and what medications to take. Even she was medicine worker, she often sent them to doctors as she claims that she has basic knowledge about certain stuff, she still needed to study more to better understand some problems to more professional level. And her opinions were valued mostly along people, she still sent them to those whose are supposed to have even more valued opinions as they master that that knowledge.

Another case for you. We once installed boiler in bathroom. We called man who does such things. Recently it malfunctioned. We called our neighbor as he is working in electric company. he opened boiler and saw that wires were not connected as they should inside. Electricity could fry us. Then we called our relative whose is IT expert and works for installing telephones, internet and all of that. he saw it and told that we should call certified expert. He also saw that wires are weirdly connected, and we should call specifically for certified electric man. When he came, he also saw (third man confirming this) that it could literally boil us while we were showering. That works, but is not connected as it should by standards and could cause serious injuries if something went wrong. We were lucky that it just broke. Then he fixed problem. When my father talked to man first installed boiler and told him what others said, you know what was his reaction?,, Nah I do not see problem here. Their opinions, their ways, I know how to do and obviously it were not problem. I do what I think it is best." - So it was our mistake to call him instead of certified man at first place.

Third case. One man I know and studied it called me to go to snowy mountain. They gathered to go to snow walking and that craps, for some reason I could not. I was present man who is experienced truck driver (has 65 years, since 18 is professionally driving), suggested him to put winter tires and all relative protection because mountain they went is messy. Guy told him ,,Nah, I do not think it is problem. I drive here in city and roads daily. I can handle this car" and you know what happened? Their tires up there started to slip, he could not drive normally because of ice covered with snow, and once car moved up from road, they hit deep snow! They could die literally because of his ignorance backed up that ,,I have opinion and I know best" Opinions can be dangerous.

I wanted to prove you that everyone can have opinions ,and is better to have many (two brains usually think better than one), but in certain cases only experts, professionals, people whose actually experienced issues should have their opinions more valued. If not, actions taken by ,,just opinions" can be dangerous literally in reality.

Level 34
@deepstrasz thank you for that rep and to have compassion with me. Yeah, I to not talk about it often.
Anyway, just one thing. MasterBlaster wrote me long message, essay and explained in my and other cases what is being hypocrite. It was pleasure to read (one of examples are people smoking actively yet go around yelling how smoking is bad).
Now since we talk about reforged, as subject is, to tell you why I did not refund, what are my motives. Still, I do not try to change your or MasterBlaster's opinion, just to explain my motives behind this:

What I wanted from reforged is just game exactly same as Wc3 with new graphics. And for single player. And I got it. But it is not working MAYBE because this is still shitty computer. I was being told by both DSG and Blizzard's technical support that PC requirements are bellow what is required, that is why Reforged mode is disabled! So, once I upgrade computer or buy another, MAYBE it will work! That is why I did not refund, because I cannot buy it again in case that it works somewhat to tolerable level in future.
But regardless of my computer, I experienced bugs which others experienced such as disconects, black screen, lags and such. And regardless of my PC it is fact that they forced everyone to download 20+GB, false advertising and all stuff they did, so I am sympathizing with people, feel their ,,pain" and ,,shame" and ,,dislike" for blizzard for that. I am not smoking cigarette knowing that it is bad and yelling to others how smoking is bad. I just did not know that my actions would be categorized by you two as hypocrite actions.
I still have moral compass not to talk about multiplayer as I never tested it.
Oh yes, regarding system requirements. I am convincing people not to buy Reforged because they might experience similar effects. They have similar PC as me, and as BONUS to that Blizzard did bad and illegal moves which I use as facts to further prove my points. That is why was easy to deflect my surroundings from buying Reforged.
@MasterBlaster I will reply you PM later

Level 5
I agree. I hope he didn't tell his gf that he hates the gift.

I got reforged as gift too. I also told the peeps that gave it that it sucks.
Its cool, not all games are winners. Its still "another warcraft" game tho.

Just make it %75 off and I'll buy it.

(Not gonna happen but one can dream.)

Lmao. I might buy it for 10% of its price.

I agree, so lets reset the tone of this thread.

While I was here trashing Blizzard with all of you, I was also playtesting the game.
I mean, how would I know its dogshit.

Playing custom games with random people is outright criminal right now. From around 20 games I've played, I've only ACTUALLY PLAYED
about 3 of them......... the rest of them crashed, didn't load, made me quit on purpose, lagged out or plain didn't work.

The campaigns are boring.

The map editor can be loaded offline and yes you must install bonjour, you can playtest your maps offline.
It just takes a really long time, which is so unforgivable... I also have SC2, and it runs way better than this.

So yeah, the game is absolute dogshit. I love it.
It reminds me of how better a 2002 game is.
In every possible way.

I still have moral compass not to talk about multiplayer as I never tested it.

I got you covered there my friend.

I've recorded some videos and plan to put them out for all of you to watch
and see "my" reforged experience so far. SPOILER ALERT: It sucks.
It sucks so much even people started recognizing me in-game just
because of how many games I tried to create for the same map
and only 1 of 10 actually worked.

f4651fa305392ca83bf0671a90707a5b.1000x563x1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 34
Be the change you want to see in the world, for example don't post offtopic if offtopic is what's hurting you.

On a side note, I think we're just a little excited to be back on Hive, hence the many comments. I don't support offtopicism, this has been an extraordinary time.
What this man said. People forgot that we managed to defeat round against Blizzard, to hurt them badly because we rebel against them rapidly and everywhere and some serious and heavy actions are being taken against them.
That means we are in ,,unofficial war" against Blizzard. By legal means of course. Those are extraordinary times. Or better to say, desperate times. And desperate times need desperate measures.
This means that one could expect aggressive and harsh words against Blizzard, mass downgrate, downratings and such.... Those are not regularly just another two weeks in Hive. Those are times when people worldwide rise against Blizzard.
My personal primary values: 1. be fair 2. be honest 3. have good intentions towards other people and 4. be realistic, see world how it is, not how it should be. And I am trying not to break one of them.
I was called moron and asshole by fanatic, hypocrite by two people (although it was their good intention, so no offense taken by me), and even my fiance could not recognize me that day Reforged came, she said that I spent to much time there fighting for two days against corporation aggressively. But again, this is all secondary and less matter in time of legal war against Blizzard. You can't defeat them if you are fine. You have to be asshole sometimes, moron and all of that. At least they are hurt by this, not by nice behavior. They expected people to be nice while being fucked up. Then you have me, Bribe and many more people whose are much more aggressive than we are towards Blizzard. And it worked to some extend. I am not defending such behavior or statements, but I just say that this is the only way Blizzard and other corporations understand

Level 20
Okay, I see we need a quick reality check again...

we managed to defeat round against Blizzard, to hurt them badly because we rebel against them rapidly and everywhere and some serious and heavy actions are being taken against them
You have a vastly inflated sense of your own importance if you truly believe "we" have won anything. Or even "hurt them badly". "We" might have cost Blizzard a little bit of revenue and caused a PR inconvenience, but they are still more than fine. If you need proof, just listen in to their earnings calls from time to time.

That means we are in ,,unofficial war" against Blizzard.
You realize that combined there's probably less than a thousand of "us", while Blizzard's customer base ranges in millions, right? And even if you factor in people who refunded - and I guarantee you that most of them just took their money and moved on - that's still a drop in the ocean.

Those are extraordinary times. Or better to say, desperate times. And desperate times need desperate measures.
Seriously? You really believe that you're going to achieve anything? Listen in to their last earnings call report. They have tons of mobile games on the way and each one of them is likely to bring in orders of magnitude more money than Reforged would if it was absolutely perfect. On top of that, they still have big games like WoW, Hearthstone or Overwatch - and yes, they might be struggling, but each one of them is still in a completely different league revenue-wise. That's not counting what Activision (CoD and CoD mobile are insanely successful and profitable) and King (Candy Crush is still going strong) are doing.

You are not taking "desperate" measures, you're being a Don Kichot - your tilting at windmills is adorable in its idealism, but at the same time... it's just pointless.

This means that one could expect aggressive and harsh words against Blizzard, mass downgrate, downratings and such.... Those are not regularly just another two weeks in Hive. Those are times when people worldwide rise against Blizzard.
Where you see a "fight", I see a bunch of angry nerds (including myself) who got disappointed by a video game and need to vent their frustration. And that's fine. But if you really believe that you're "rising against Blizzard" and that it's going to cause any real change, you're... let's just say "wrong".

hypocrite by two people (although it was their good intention, so no offense taken by me)
Sadly, I see that you failed to reflect upon what was said to you. Oh well... I'm not going to repeat myself.

legal war against Blizzard
What legal war against Blizzard? Where? The moment they enabled automatic refunds, there's literally no legal angle that can be taken against them. If anyone tries to sue them, they will just say that it's possible to easily refund the purchase and any judge will dismiss the case.

You can't defeat them if you are fine.
All you can do is vote with your wallet (*wink*) and if enough people refuse to give them their money (*wink*) then maybe they will take a step back, but even then... You can't defeat them. Period. Not now, not while there are still millions of people who mindlessly consume whatever big companies throw at them and a bunch of "people" who spend tens of thousands of dollars on lootboxes, mobile gatcha games, broken live-service titles and other BS.

All you can do is not buy into the madness and save yourself the money and the disappointment. It's not going to change anything in the grand scheme of things, but YOU will be better off that way. But that's not "fighting them" - that's helping yourself. And if you want to actually change something - support indie developers. Look for smaller studios that listen to their players and want to deliver a good product and give your money to them. That way you at least promote an alternative.

Last edited:
Level 16
ActiBlizz makes 38% of their revenue through mobile games. With Diablo Immortal that may go up to 40%. That's nearly half, think about that for a second. They didn't give a shit about Reforged. None.

IMO, the only way to hurt blizzard, is to nOt hAvE a PhoNe.

Level 13
ActiBlizz makes 38% of their revenue through mobile games. With Diablo Immortal that may go up to 40%. That's nearly half, think about that for a second. They didn't give a shit about Reforged. None.

IMO, the only way to hurt blizzard, is to nOt hAvE a PhoNe.
Well, it's really not that surprising. It's also not surprising at all that they are shifting their focus on mobile games.
In not so distant future (some say c. 2025) PCs will become basically useless and not that many people will be buying them. Smart phones will surpass them in every way. PCs are slowly but surely becoming a thing of the past.
So basically it's not that surprising that Blizzard is putting WoW in maintenance mode, and possibly planning to make Diablo and OW mobile games. It's far more profitable and safer to have a dozen Hearthstones than a few large, high quality PC games.

Level 16
You see @Venombite I think we're all aware of it, but I'd say that's far fetched into the future and not circa 2025.
My problem is, why not have both? Surely they can focus on the future of gaming, and make actual quality content. It's a lack of will not resources or possibility. That's what pisses me off. With the same resources, Blizz could pull of the game that WE the players wanted. But instead they shifted focus, to what? An incomprehensible game.

It's like using your money to buy a Wii when your kid wanted a freaking Playstation. Catch my drift?

Level 34
Seriously? You really believe that you're going to achieve anything? Listen in to their last earnings call report. They have tons of mobile games on the way and each one of them is likely to bring in orders of magnitude more money than Reforged would if it was absolutely perfect. On top of that, they still have big games like WoW, Hearthstone or Overwatch - and yes, they might be struggling, but each one of them is still in a completely different league revenue-wise.
Yes I believe that we achieve something. I was talking about Reforged only, that we hurt them into Reforged, I did not mention other games never ever in my posts.
Again, I do not play other games, and I cannot talk about them. But speaking of just reforged because we are palyers of Wc3, and deceived people mostly bought Reforged, or were playing WC3 rebelled. As far I know. Why would anyone fight against blizzard who is playing Overwatch or Diablo and has nothing to do with Wc3?
Speaking of globally, yes, they are corporation, they earn money on many games, but speaking of reforged, they are hit there. because this is first time seen such revolt globally, or correct me if this happened before in other Blizzard's game.
You also forget that this is first step! let them do this to Diablo, Overwatch and other games and see how their further revenue will be.

What legal war against Blizzard? Where?
Oh, I did not explain what I mean. Sorry. I did not mean legal war by just legal battles. I though that we fight legally (no hacking Blizzard, no set them up anything what they did not do, and respecting site rules here as we reportedly have right here to talk about Reforged and blame Blizzard, no need to harshly break rules while this).
Even point you mentioned that they did automatic refund, you forgot on moment how came to that. If people did not start fight against them, they would never do that as this was not planned, obviously.
maybe according to you I fail to see some things. And perhaps you are right. But asking me what we achieved while mentioning me that they set automatic refund AS RESULT OF ACTIONS AGAINST THEM is also failing to connect some things.

Level 21
The problem with the phone scenario is:

Those with a phone probably don't care about us desktop nerds, so they won't jump on the boycott.

Status
Not open for further replies.