• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Yeah, methinks. Looks more like WoW stuff.

Don't mention that again, eww... disturbing.
Why???:pcry: How can you not like her. I like her she is sooo cute: "Ohhh, Hi new friend!...We like happy things like making new friends!"
Jokes aside I'm OK that an actual farie dragon will be Brightwing, cause I quite like her. But I'm not fine that a suppose to be big badass dragons are anything like her, they should have their own models and animations.

Level 20
I've taken another look at the caster animations and I genuinely hope that they're bugged/not finished, because they look really horrible - and I don't mean "not my taste" horrible, but "very low quality" horrible. Especially the Blood Mage one - it stats kinda nice and then boom, it resets. It's very noticeable and quite frankly, far below from what I would regularly expect from Blizzard.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Remember, "skins" sell.
Yeah, but you know what - I'd really, really want Blizzard to eventually release some new content and if selling skins makes it worthwhile to do so, I'd be fine with it.
Problem is when you use them for custom maps at the point when only those who bought those skins can see them and those who didn't seeing the usual unit skin.

Level 20
Problem is when you use them for custom maps at the point when only those who bought those skins can see them and those who didn't seeing the usual unit skin.
I think they'd pust some limitations on skins in custom maps, i.e. either not allow them to be used by modders or allow everyone to play with them, regardless whether they own the skin or not.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I think they'd pust some limitations on skins in custom maps, i.e. either not allow them to be used by modders or allow everyone to play with them, regardless whether they own the skin or not.
If I'm not mistaken (citation needed), in StarCraft II you can use those resources for modding but not in melee/ladder/campaign if you haven't bought them. I could be wrong and this might only be true with those not having all StarCraft II games but only WoL, HotSwarm or LotV.

What I was pointing out was, if that is the case, having to buy those resources to see them in custom games, as the player not the modder who maybe bought them, then (free) imported content would still be the thing to use instead like we did until now with Classic.

Level 20
What I was pointing out was, if that is the case, having to buy those resources to see them in custom games, as the player not the modder who maybe bought them, then (free) imported content would still be the thing to use instead like we did until now with Classic.
Yeah, it's a valid concern.

Personally I think they would just ban paid skins from custom maps completely as having them creates a risk that someone will make melee or Blizzard campaign maps that use these skins and hence reduce their store appeal. The only other option is to do what you said, i.e. impose some convoluted rules when you can use/see a model, but would be confusing for both modders and players.

Level 20
There's still no stopping people from using art assets when they're determined enough (seriously the worst that can happen is you just have to repack it yourself).

People who have Warcraft 3, but not Reforged, will still get the Reforged assets anyway for compatibility's sake, but not be able to access it. That's pretty much how it goes with Starcraft II already; everyone has access to LotV assets even if they don't own it.

Level 9
From what i have seen until now i must say i am not completely satisfied. It seems that some iconic stuff has been changed (Townportal tranquillity icons, the paladin face looks wierd not similar to the calssic one also his divine shield effect it's different from the classic one, it seems like the bubble of lihgt from wow, same goes for the archmage, his model just looks wierd, i can't even figure out why, maybe the horse. The blood mage lost one sphere in the void, and his spell animation i saw on a twitter video was really bad, it seemed rushed. All other stuff is really good

Status
Not open for further replies.