1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World Editor and Undead Race NOW LIVE

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 5, 2019.

1. nighthawk700

nighthawk700

Resources:
    Resources:
    Even replays are stored in the documents folder. So you've gotta clean that folder every half year or so if you turned on "save all replays" (as you should!). Really, really not a fan of having to keep an eye on my wc3 maps/replays size on my boot drive!

2. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    After more testing:

World Editor suddenly crashes when I try to save. With an error that says "JASS HELPER - NO MORE MEMORY". It's just a plain simple map I was testing a few doodads with. Nothing fancy at all.

Any idea what might be the cause of this? @Dr Super Good @Kam @MindWorX

Also, I get crashes a few seconds in game in other custom maps. I can play an entire 1v1 game with no crashes. That is if the game will start once an opponent has been found and it doesn't go black screen.

Here's one of my test maps that keeps crashing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  3. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "I don't like having all of my replays saved when I select the option to have all replays saved"

I... see

4. Ungoliath

Ungoliath

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    METAMORPHOSIS TEXTURE
    I decided to try out one of my very first maps and got this :D:

Azmodan texture over bridge.png Azmodan texture over everything.png Azmodan texture in game.png
    This is a metamorphosis texture made by Denu, which has the import path texures\Black32. It essentially covers everything on the map.

CINEMATIC FILTERS
    I also noticed that cinematic black filters are slightly transparent, even at 0% transparency. I could clearly see units move around etc after each cinematic.
    Black fade filters not working.png

CUSTOM MODELS
    Regarding custom models, I kind of expected this:
    File Errors.png

Although it would seem that these guys managed to load:
    Custom models which loaded.png

In-game, even though the unit model wouldn't show up, it's portrait did during cinematics
    Model not visible but portrait is working.png

SOUND
    It would seem that the trigger Sound - Stop "sound" <after fading> is still not working properly. It just cuts off instantly. I really hope this will be fixed!

5. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You can report it, I've already adressed the issue that causes model imports to be broken to employees with explaining why

6. GGWentworth

GGWentworth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Posting from my bug report on the blizz forums
    -All floating text is showing as red

-All of my custom heroes’ ability icons appear the same as the default paladin abilities, the tooltip text is correct inside the ‘Hero Abilities’ page, but shows the Paladin’s ability tooltips once you skill the ability. In addition to this, it plays the art of the respective paladin ability when using the custom abilities. I haven't tested if this is because all my custom heroes are based on paladin, I honestly can't remember what my template hero is.

-Many custom model assets are not loading.

-A lot of debuffs appear to be referencing the incorrect debuff art, namely Stuns and Slows are referencing the art of the base Stunned (Pause) art and Slows are referencing the art of Sorceress' Slow ability.

Also, @Bribe your Knockback Engine appears to be busted, When I use it to knockback regular units without locust, it plays the SFX, but nothing else. However if I use it to move a dummy unit projectile it works just fine.

7. wc3neverdies

wc3neverdies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It seems that all my imported icons are not loaded and in-game are replaced with normal new icons

8. MadMax

MadMax

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Man so lame, i did bought the game on first minutes sfter it was announced (and still didn't get acces to beta =(

9. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    And Will the be able to fix it?

10. Shadow44

Shadow44

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont know why, but I can not select texture number one, when I click on it it select texture number two

Attached Files:

11. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Probably. It is just game ignoring to read animated alpha values in material layers of models, no reason for it to be not fixed since it was there for like 17 years

12. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  13. Ungoliath

Ungoliath

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I haven't tried loading any of my newer maps, I know it would be a complete shitshow. :D I really hope that things gets sorted out eventually, so that awesome projects like Flickering Light can transition into the new editor without sacrificing tons of work.

I'm going stick to our current editor and wait for the official release of the reforged beta one. :)

14. wc3neverdies

wc3neverdies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Lilypad doodads disappear if you zoom in with the camera editor

In the sound editor the soun for the Night Elf Arches Pissed2 is repeated 2 times

15. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    I'm more surprised you haven't run into this 'issue' earlier since Black32.blp is one of the most commonly used textures.

16. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  17. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I haven't check the Reforged WE yet but does the unit database include everything that was inside yet (other than Nelves) ?

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  19. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    Not surprisingly Test Map is insufficient to test the Campaign maps, but I expected this since that was the case during TFT beta, too. It's a shame because I wanted to know what that new row of drop-downs did.

Not only this, but the lower water height affects all the Doodads in the water, too. I use a Water Plane, for example, at the water height, and with the current Shallow Water they're now all appearing under the ground instead.

ED: Figured out what the drop-downs did. It's actually a sort for the Import Manager.

20. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For me id love it for the editor to have a clickable button that allows us to be able to download models/skins/icons with a simple click somehow.. instead of having to download every single one you need. Or, have it easier to upload to your map.. because sometimes uploading some models and skins are very frustrating... :/

Also, will our old maps work on the reforged editor? Im sure this question has been said but id like to know myself. I hope it does.