1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World Editor and Undead Race NOW LIVE

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 5, 2019.

1. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Usually a ckeckpoimnt is an auto-save for when you pass a particular point in the map, therefore 'check point'. But in WC3 I wonder how it is implemented.
    An 'auto-save' is a save of a game every XX minutes/periodically

2. Blue_rays

Blue_rays

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would appear that changing the tinting of destructibles work in-editor just fine, though when you view them in-game they don't retain the tinting colours given. Weirdly enough though, when all tinting fields are set to 0 the object does stay black.

When tinting units/buildings the tint works but, it appears that if you look at the unit/building your game will crash in-game.

3. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Unrelated to the World Editor, but the talking animations of most campaign dreadlords appear unfinished ingame.

A new pathing palette was introduced in the World Editor, but it doesn't appear to do anything yet.

Some neutral unit (campaign) models appear to not have changed significantly in the Reforged World Editor. (Terran Marine, Orcish Marine).

It appears that
    BlzCreateUnitWithSkin(player owner, integer baseId, real x, real y, real facing, integer modelId
    would actually be the base function of
    CreateUnit
    , with the latter passing either null or the baseId as the parameter for modelId. This would have unintended effects, (which might have already been stated) such as the merging of ability definitions (ability will functionally be the same, but will have their icons based on the modelId's ability list).

BlzSetUnitSkin(unit, integer modelId)
    appears to transform the unit into the desired unit type, but might not display their model as a consequence.

IIR,
    BlzSetDestructableSkin
    appears to have been commented out in the common.j. (Getting the common.j just requires you to save a map in JASS, and browsing the Documents for a Jasshelper folder in Warcraft Beta folder)

In total, I can recall about 8-10 new natives being introduced to the common.j

4. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  5. Morrowind135

Morrowind135

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've found that omnilights in map bug the entire lighting. The map goes extremely dark except around the omnilights. Day time is also extremely dark. This also occurs in the editor and is temporarily fixed by pressing 'L' a few times to turn the lighting on and off.

6. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A few Bugs I have ran across are as follows:

Model Visual Bug:
    • Storm Reaver Apprentice Changes to a Giant Ice Arch [Image Shows what it should look like, this is the default unit]
    Model Bug.png
    • Firelord Derp
    FirelordDerp.png
    • Cave Cliff Interaction Visual Error
    CaveOof.png

UI Bug
    • Using an Ultrawide Screen, there are portions in the Upper Right and Upper Left that are cut off, and end abruptly.
    UIBug.png

Custom Ability Bug
    • Custom Ability Names revert to either "Tooltip Missing" or Back to the Heroes normal Hero Abilities
    • Custom Ability Tooltips do the same
    • Custom Ability Icons either revert back to the hero Ability Icon, or become the annoying tooltip missing Face Icon.
    Dialog UI Buggy
    • Dialogs, atleast with Orc UI, have buggy tops and bottoms, and I can't unsee it.
    DialogIssue.png

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  7. Recklessness

Recklessness

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I try make a map or continue working on a map now using the Reforged WE instead of Old WE will it be compatible with the final version once it launches or no?

UPDATE: All of my cinematic Transmissions are not appearing. Whenever it goes into cinematic mode where the box with text would normally appear it does not now.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not recommended to work on a beta or unstable version.

9. Ghan_04

Ghan_04

Vice Chieftain

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It would be somewhat odd for Blizzard to release the editor during the beta specifically so people could start using it and then later break things when going to the live version. I haven't seen any guidance from them on this one way or the other, but I would definitely encourage frequent backups if you are working on maps during the beta period. My expectation would be that it will transition smoothly to live, but there are no guarantees here, so proceed at your own risk.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's how it worked with PTRs and betas are supposed to be even more buggy.

11. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    The PTR versions of the editor are not exactly the same as what would go to Release and the difference between the two has caused compatibility issues for people who decided to develop on the PTR version anyway (the most common issue being something that was on the PTR did not make it to Release or changed between that version and Release).

Feel free to test stuff as you see fit, but DO NOT plan to make live changes with the PTR builds or you will regret it.

12. Veronnis

Veronnis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Beta Play Time: 2 hours, crashes 0, graphics and hardware: top of the line.
    Function: Cinematic Enable/Disable Occlusion does not appear to be working.
    Cooldown clock is too transparent, make it more opaque.
    Some units look abnormally large, might just be me, maybe sizing isn't done yet.
    Some objects in editor, such as Fire do not fully render; however upon entering the game it appears properly.
    At one point, while selecting a terrain tile type (paint) it would instead select the one left of it.
    Sometimes Icons become Sammy, the error face (even midgame).

Presumably Simple Requests:
    Make channel capable of firing a proper missile.
    Make water base color white, then create a new color that returns it to what is presently here and have maps default to that color on creation, this will give us a greater spectrum for colors of water to choose from, like white.
    Also cause water tinting to tint the water "wake" model that spawns against cliffsides and edges.
    Make a Lava skin for water.

Side notes: Great work guys, this is looking really good - however as I'm sure you see this is a greater undertaking than your end of the year deadline will allow. Please do continue your work after reforged's "release". There is much left to do, and if it takes investor leg pulling to make it actually happen I'm quite okay paying for additional feature development as long as it is reasonably priced and does not prevent non-purchasing players from enjoying my creations in their full capacity.

13. JC Helas

JC Helas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What I expect is no more BJ's XD ,,more than 1 arrays XD ,,no more hang/bug when step out in world bounds,, auto null handles,, auto destroy/remove handles that may leaks either manual with duration,, player properties in most mentionable native like camera therefore no more getlocal as well as desync prevention..

14. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Isn't Hashtable a Multidimensional array?

15. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    To be honest, I use them as such: I don't even deploy handles/labels. I simply save all data as integer index of integer index in a hashtable and write down indices for each set of data. It helps to avoid confusion (and same numerical value of different handles) when you work with almost a hundred of hashtables.

16. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Any news concerning the Reforged system requirements?

17. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    BLIZZARD PROMISED US MOVIE-LIKE CINEMATICS AND A BETTER LOOKING GUI

In addition, the WE has the same ugly UI. At least they can add a modern dark mode

18. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:

Changing skins? Creating buttons on the fly?
    Tell me it is coming to classic WE too! Please!

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah @lolreported can you switch to Classic and do that?

20. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    He can't test that, as of now 1.32 is not yet available in the classic Warcraft III.