1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged Blizzcon Recap

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Same!
    To be honest, with all the games from my childhood coming back, I was going to rush buying or building a new computer. But I'm of the patient sort too, so I'll wait and see. I wasn't summoned for the BETA either way, so.

I wonder. If someone makes a Reforged map and places a unit using Anasterian model, what will the classic players see? :peasant-thinking:

Hell yeah, protass myusic :ogre_datass:
    Btw, someone linked an awesome remastered alpha track (not from Reforged, it's from 2016). God it's sweet.

2. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Atleast there is small chance that group of modders gonna make what it should made with these new assets :p

3. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Featureless black silhouette with words "Purchase Reforged now to see this model in HD!" floating above it.

Like they did with Starcraft II?

4. goldviper

goldviper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just my thought ,
    Are the people who own Classic but not buy Reforged has right to use Reforge resources (morally ofcourse) ?

5. YetAnotherYoutuber

YetAnotherYoutuber

Video Producer

Resources:
    Resources:
    what venombite posted sounds oddly familiar, almost like bioshock infinite
    amazing concept, marketing, insights and sneak peeks
    and the final product was so lacking that it became known as an example of a rushed development disaster
    i hope that this will not become such a case as well

6. JimmyJoJameson

JimmyJoJameson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah well, I guess hoping for new sound effects was bit of a stretch. Still, most of the stuff looks pretty neat. I remain cautiously optimistic.

7. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I don't morally owe anything to company that blatantly avoids paying taxes, for a product made not even by them, but outsourced overseas.

8. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    It;s sad that that's exactly what every competitive player will do to maintain that fps and steady ping.

9. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    HAHAHAHA it turns out that they do not know even where they are standing with this game right now, as seeing in recent (and todays) threads, news, discussions, leaks... no release date, no new voiceovers or whatever, no new cutscenes... Apparently people accursed Blizzard for fake advertisement. And core fans of classics and WOW are arguing on internet...So they do not know now nothing precisely about this game, all is confusing... Then you and me asked sinmple question if this is gonna be sold on disc... Still no answer. HAHAHAHAHA

10. goldviper

goldviper

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you mean ? i thought BLizard make the concept and hire outsource do the modeling for them , like architect and worker thing ?
    But Blizzard is surely corrupt , can you report them for all the illegal stuff they done?

11. Onholyservicebound

Onholyservicebound

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe it's a result of budget constraints, but there was also heavy backlash to any indication of change, expansion, or improvement on the game.
    From fixing pathing issues, to adding new voice acting, to any of the new cutscenes and changes to campaign and otherwise, everything has been opposed and fought. Now, there's nothing wrong with criticism, but a lot of it seemed to be born of pure inertia.
    I wish Blizzard had just left the old War3 totally separate from the new one, let people keep playing it, see how many of the people resisting change would actually stick with it over the reforged release.
    Basically a lot of people want everything to be the same with nicer visuals(They seem like a vocal minority to me, but you know, maybe they are the majority, idk.), which isn't terrible, and I'm still looking forward to the release, but I wouldn't put the blame solely on Blizzard for their choice to dial back their original improvement promises.(Well, I mean, they deserve full blame, but the luddites who wanted no quality of life improvement, no cinematic improvements, etc. also deserve scrutiny.)

If Blizzard really just scrapped their promises based on failure to meet the deadline, that is a big disappointment. But I also hope they didn't take for granted that a lot of us were looking forward to what they promised and were simply waiting for the release to oppine in, and that a lot of those criticizing Reforged never even wanted a reforging of the game to begin with..

12. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    @MasterBlaster first of all I must say that I had an exam in Rhetoric today, so that post might have been written, with a professional disorder of a sort. But I'm actually happy that it sounds like I'm mad, instead of apathetic.
    If you ask me even a short liner wouldn't do. At least there needs to be a cutscene, like the one when Arthas confronts Antonidas at the entrence to Dalaran.
    Using pure logic here. WoW Classic nailed it, becoming Blizzard's most popular game, possibly even surpassing Overwatch. If anything it says that nostalgia formula works well. Logically they should expect that Reforged will surpass expectations as well, so they should have some promotion involved. So if they had any idea of a release date, they would announce it, cause that's when the promotion starts. Of course they aren't going to reveal a release date, until a game is in a stable enough state, so that they can be sure it won't be late. And it's obviously not in that state.
    I'm fairly certain that a huge majority of people (imo 90% or more) were actually looking forward to map/campaign changes. There were also those people who were opposed of course. With new voice acting, I think the percentage was even higher. Of course there were those who complained as well. If anything people who complained gave Blizzard an excuse. I'm fairly certain Blizzard knows who is in the majority, but they've got their excuse. If those people who complained wanted to give Blizzard an excuse to make a game cheaper for them, and not in the same level of development, the they did it. Congrats.
    Although this is not a place for this discussion, it's pretty obvious that the zones are old zones recolored, no new models. The most important thing is a level squish, and making it more like Classic. Until now the only expansion not introducing a single race or class was WoD. BfA was average at best, I left cause of lack of content and patch zones sucking, and honestly Shadowlands do not look to be promising. We still don't know how will the Covenants work, I'll just have to see[/QUOTE]

13. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Updated first post.
    • More than 8 campaign maps have been significantly changed (like Stratholme).

14. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fair enough I suppose, if it affects melee maps then it would indeed ruin crossplay. But this is not specified so just wanted to point out that he was jumping to conclusions.

15. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am actually one of less than 90% that just wanted updated graphics. All terrain, units and such same but modernized (and upgraded little changed where need if possible). Of course those new stuff are just bonus.More stuff, better. I am not one to sabotage others if they wish something. I am cool with rest, but did not expect nothing more than graphics. However I am with you here that they got many people by those overadvertizing which turns out to be false advertisement. I do not like that.

16. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hmm where do we get that info

17. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    From Grubby :)

18. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh from his vlog,I'll check it out

19. MrRious

MrRious

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's obvious that Reforged will actually have new voice lines, just not for the original characters. After all, gender-swapped units can't sound the same.

Sadly, that "might" mean non-english players won't be able to switch to the old dubbing. (And trust me, the new one sucks)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  20. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why dem Dreadlords are half-naked though? That belly is screaming for a blade or arrow (or even something less spectacular like a simple bullet) to pierce it. :p