• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged Blizzcon Recap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
that's why Shadowlands suck
I disagree - I think Shadowlands look absolutely amazing and I'm very happy that instead of adding another bunch of new systems, half or more of which would likely be crap (*cough* Warfronts, Azerite Armor *cough*), they've decided to go back and fix what's already there (classes, leveling, rampant RNG, etc.).

My only disappointment is that there isn't a new class, but added customization options and returning abilities should cover for that.

But wait, they'll add new content after release, "not necessarily campaigns", which in my book means purchasable Daughter of the Sea type skins and purchasable baby lamas for charity.
At this point, it does kinda seem like this might be their plan.

They are going to add super easy difficulty (really???).
And this bothers you... why exactly? It's not like they're removing or nerfing old campaign difficulties - you will still get them. All they're doing is adding another one, most likely by expanding the hidden "Easy" difficulty that was already there in the base game, for people who want it. You don't need to use it.

Having a mute Anastarian as a creep in front of a Sunwell is the lamest thing ever.
I hope "no new recordings" was referring to the fact that they aren't re-recording stuff, not to completely avoiding any new lines, because - if they're going to have Anasterian, it'd be really nice if he says something, even a short one-liner.

A few screenshots, half of which have been datamined already
I don't know, I've followed the news pretty religiously and most screenshots seemed new.

Everyone is getting a Beta, which in my books means that they have zero professional testers, and did zero tests, before the Beta.
I doubt that's true - I can't imagine that the game didn't go through some QA testing, considering that the first public build was for the most part pretty stable. If anything, saying that everyone who preorders gets into beta is aimed at getting people to buy the game.

Worst of all is that it's obvious that the devs themselves have no clue about the release date
I didn't know you're a telepath and you can read their minds?

Obviously they have some idea as to when they want to release - the reason why they don't announce it is because there's a lot of things in software development that can go wrong and some people would go on a rampage if they announced a release date and then something happened that pushed it back even a few days.

still no release date, not even a mild one...
Not really true. They've confirmed that the game is on track to come out by the end of the year.

"We're keepeing the old voice lines, cause of player feedback!" Seriously?!!
Yes, seriously - because there was actually a fair amount of people who wanted them to keep old voice lines or not WoW-ify the campaign. It's not like they've said they did something due to feedback that didn't exist - they just happened to listen to a group that had the opposite view to yours.

If Reforged ends up being a HotS graphics pack for Warcraft 3, I'm not really sure if I care about it, even though I like 99% of the new visuals. I thought I would buy the game asap, but now I'll definitely wait for sale, and a few patches, and see how the game has turned out, and decide if I'll buy it at all.
Look, I get it that you're disappointed and I share some of your sentiments, especially about waiting with a purchase, but holy crap, dude... calm down. It's just a video game - if you don't like it, vote with your wallet or express your criticisms in a fair manner. There's no need to get mad. Come on.

That's why I never pre-purchase anything. They sold you a product at the Blizzcon 2018, and you're not getting that product, you're just getting the glimpses.
This part I totally agree with. I think it's stupid that companies can ask for people's money without a set release date and a somewhat finalized feature list for their product, but such is the world we live in.

By the way, I haven't seen it neither here nor on MMO-Champ, but maybe I missed it.
Was there ANYTHING about regular Warcraft III? Will we get anything new? Unlikely, I know, but "old graphics" option implies there must at least be Warcraft III-compatible models for new stuff (e.g. Anasterian, Jaina and Thrall skins, etc).
Any info on that?
I highly doubt that any of models that were made for Reforged will get their classic equivalent, i.e. the most likely scenario is that using old graphics you will go back to the exact look the game has right now, for example: Anasterian will get turned into an Archmage, Jaina will go back to its regular skin, etc.

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
The earthquake of fanatic purist cults and WoW extreme fanboys is already bad in the US Battlenet forums, let's not do the same here

It's sad they scrapped the cutscenes, I hope they give them back after, even if it takes another year after release

Also, let's not gatekeep WoW content here as long as it does not strongly retcon anything else; after all, Warcraft is Warcraft

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Level 9
That's lame. I was hoping to be able to use the statue and castle wall models as they would be quite useful for the modding community. I hope they didn't scratch them too. Old Stratholme isn't a better choice. The new one as shown in the trailer was better in my opinion.

Yep, this. I was happy about the campaign changes because of additional assets we can use for custom maps. The lore is pretty mutch destroyed already with wow so....

That's lame. I was hoping to be able to use the statue and castle wall models as they would be quite useful for the modding community. I hope they didn't scratch them too. Old Stratholme isn't a better choice. The new one as shown in the trailer was better in my opinion.

They are in the casc already, most of them were datamined, I personally checked too (maybe except terenas' statue) so we will have them in editor

Level 6
The more I think about it. the more disappointed I am that they scrapped the reworked campaign. It might have not been perfect but I really wanted to see WOW Stratholme and WOW NPCs in Reforged. It was a huge selling point for me. Maybe they caved in to the pressure or maybe they ran out of time/money.

All they needed was to let you choose between the new and original ones and leave it up to the player which one is canon.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
As I do with all games, I will wait for a final / complete version of the game before buying it. And yeah I am that patient ^_^
Same!
To be honest, with all the games from my childhood coming back, I was going to rush buying or building a new computer. But I'm of the patient sort too, so I'll wait and see. I wasn't summoned for the BETA either way, so.

Adding new content does not remove crossplay.
I wonder. If someone makes a Reforged map and places a unit using Anasterian model, what will the classic players see? :peasant-thinking:

New music sounds good (music is really the one thing Blizzard has been consistently awesome at for 25-ish years now),
Hell yeah, protass myusic :ogre_datass:
Btw, someone linked an awesome remastered alpha track (not from Reforged, it's from 2016). God it's sweet.

Level 9
I wonder. If someone makes a Reforged map and places a unit using Anasterian model, what will the classic players see? :peasant-thinking:

Featureless black silhouette with words "Purchase Reforged now to see this model in HD!" floating above it.

Atleast there is small chance that group of modders gonna make what it should made with these new assets :p
Like they did with Starcraft II?

Level 3
Just my thought ,
Are the people who own Classic but not buy Reforged has right to use Reforge resources (morally ofcourse) ?

Level 7
what venombite posted sounds oddly familiar, almost like bioshock infinite
amazing concept, marketing, insights and sneak peeks
and the final product was so lacking that it became known as an example of a rushed development disaster
i hope that this will not become such a case as well

Level 34
I would prefer a physical release, too! Any word on this?
HAHAHAHA it turns out that they do not know even where they are standing with this game right now, as seeing in recent (and todays) threads, news, discussions, leaks... no release date, no new voiceovers or whatever, no new cutscenes... Apparently people accursed Blizzard for fake advertisement. And core fans of classics and WOW are arguing on internet...So they do not know now nothing precisely about this game, all is confusing... Then you and me asked sinmple question if this is gonna be sold on disc... Still no answer. HAHAHAHAHA

Level 3
I don't morally owe anything to company that blatantly avoids paying taxes, for a product made not even by them, but outsourced overseas.
What do you mean ? i thought BLizard make the concept and hire outsource do the modeling for them , like architect and worker thing ?
But Blizzard is surely corrupt , can you report them for all the illegal stuff they done?

Level 3
I really hate to be negative or a troll or anything like that, but sadly it has come to that.

Obviously Blizzard has tried to out do themselves this year at BlizzCon, and this year in particular. With big things like Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, a new expansion for WoW, a new expansion for Hearthstone and Warcraft 3 Reforged, all in the same year. And in my book, they have failed miserably. Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 have obviously sucked in all the budget, which I understand, cause they are the priorities, not Warcraft. And they basically tried to pass on the other games without a budget, which is obvious(that's why Shadowlands suck).

I'm quite disappointed with Warcraft III Reforged, though I can't say I didn't "fear" of this outcome. Basically after a big promotion at BlizzCon 2018, we haven't heard a single thing about it in 11 and a half months. Only a few weeks ago, they've published stuff for dataminers, without any official statement. Only to say, at BlizzCon 2019, that they've cut 50% of the contents(at least, if not 70%). No new cut scenes, no new quests, no new voices, no new boss fights, some chapters are being redone, but only a few, not even close to every one of them, as they promised at BlizzCon 2018, no environmental upgrades as in the Demo.

But wait, they'll add new content after release, "not necessarily campaigns", which in my book means purchasable Daughter of the Sea type skins and purchasable baby lamas for charity. They are going to add super easy difficulty (really???). They are going to add new music (if so little changes, why bother with music???). And redo some chapters, with the old voice lines though. Like seriously??? Having a mute Anastarian as a creep in front of a Sunwell is the lamest thing ever. A scene that is the main plot of (dozens) of books, comics, quest lines and what nots, if it doesn't have a proper cut scene, dialogue and quest and a boss fight is a story and game play ruiner in my book.

What did we see at Blizzcon? A few screenshots, half of which have been datamined already, and when they publish stuff for dataminers, it's always planed on purpose. And a glimpse of obviously unfinished Arthas vs Illidan. Great thing!

Everyone is getting a Beta, which in my books means that they have zero professional testers, and did zero tests, before the Beta. Another great thing!

Worst of all is that it's obvious that the devs themselves have no clue about the release date, a year after it was announced. As if they have no intention to release it anytime soon. If they were delivering a game promised at Blizzcon 2018, I would be happy to wait even 5 years, but with 50% of it scrapped and still no release date, not even a mild one... Another great thing!

Honestly I see all of this as a disrespect, not to me, but to fans and public and people who will buy it in general. A drop that spilled the cup for me was, if legit the statement: "We're keepeing the old voice lines, cause of player feedback!" Seriously?!! If I pre-purchased, I would find that just insulting, but maybe it's just me, cause I personally value honesty.

If Reforged ends up being a HotS graphics pack for Warcraft 3, I'm not really sure if I care about it, even though I like 99% of the new visuals. I thought I would buy the game asap, but now I'll definitely wait for sale, and a few patches, and see how the game has turned out, and decide if I'll buy it at all.

For the first time I'm saying it out loud. I'm glad I didn't pre-purchase!!! If I did, I would honestly feel scammed and played. That's why I never pre-purchase anything. They sold you a product at the Blizzcon 2018, and you're not getting that product, you're just getting the glimpses.

Sadly, for me Blizzcon 2019 was "The Day Warcraft Died"!!!

EDIT: I copy pasted this post from another thread, with some minor changes, because it's just made for this thread, it just belongs here, and I couldn't resist.

Maybe it's a result of budget constraints, but there was also heavy backlash to any indication of change, expansion, or improvement on the game.
From fixing pathing issues, to adding new voice acting, to any of the new cutscenes and changes to campaign and otherwise, everything has been opposed and fought. Now, there's nothing wrong with criticism, but a lot of it seemed to be born of pure inertia.
I wish Blizzard had just left the old War3 totally separate from the new one, let people keep playing it, see how many of the people resisting change would actually stick with it over the reforged release.
Basically a lot of people want everything to be the same with nicer visuals(They seem like a vocal minority to me, but you know, maybe they are the majority, idk.), which isn't terrible, and I'm still looking forward to the release, but I wouldn't put the blame solely on Blizzard for their choice to dial back their original improvement promises.(Well, I mean, they deserve full blame, but the luddites who wanted no quality of life improvement, no cinematic improvements, etc. also deserve scrutiny.)

If Blizzard really just scrapped their promises based on failure to meet the deadline, that is a big disappointment. But I also hope they didn't take for granted that a lot of us were looking forward to what they promised and were simply waiting for the release to oppine in, and that a lot of those criticizing Reforged never even wanted a reforging of the game to begin with..

Level 13
@MasterBlaster first of all I must say that I had an exam in Rhetoric today, so that post might have been written, with a professional disorder of a sort. But I'm actually happy that it sounds like I'm mad, instead of apathetic.
I hope "no new recordings" was referring to the fact that they aren't re-recording stuff, not to completely avoiding any new lines, because - if they're going to have Anasterian, it'd be really nice if he says something, even a short one-liner.
If you ask me even a short liner wouldn't do. At least there needs to be a cutscene, like the one when Arthas confronts Antonidas at the entrence to Dalaran.
I didn't know you're a telepath and you can read their minds?
Obviously they have some idea as to when they want to release - the reason why they don't announce it is because there's a lot of things in software development that can go wrong and some people would go on a rampage if they announced a release date and then something happened that pushed it back even a few days.

Not really true. They've confirmed that the game is on track to come out by the end of the year.
Using pure logic here. WoW Classic nailed it, becoming Blizzard's most popular game, possibly even surpassing Overwatch. If anything it says that nostalgia formula works well. Logically they should expect that Reforged will surpass expectations as well, so they should have some promotion involved. So if they had any idea of a release date, they would announce it, cause that's when the promotion starts. Of course they aren't going to reveal a release date, until a game is in a stable enough state, so that they can be sure it won't be late. And it's obviously not in that state.
Yes, seriously - because there was actually a fair amount of people who wanted them to keep old voice lines or not WoW-ify the campaign. It's not like they've said they did something due to feedback that didn't exist - they just happened to listen to a group that had the opposite view to yours.
Maybe it's a result of budget constraints, but there was also heavy backlash to any indication of change, expansion, or improvement on the game.
From fixing pathing issues, to adding new voice acting, to any of the new cutscenes and changes to campaign and otherwise, everything has been opposed and fought. Now, there's nothing wrong with criticism, but a lot of it seemed to be born of pure inertia.
I wish Blizzard had just left the old War3 totally separate from the new one, let people keep playing it, see how many of the people resisting change would actually stick with it over the reforged release.
Basically a lot of people want everything to be the same with nicer visuals(They seem like a vocal minority to me, but you know, maybe they are the majority, idk.), which isn't terrible, and I'm still looking forward to the release, but I wouldn't put the blame solely on Blizzard for their choice to dial back their original improvement promises.(Well, I mean, they deserve full blame, but the luddites who wanted no quality of life improvement, no cinematic improvements, etc. also deserve scrutiny.)

If Blizzard really just scrapped their promises based on failure to meet the deadline, that is a big disappointment. But I also hope they didn't take for granted that a lot of us were looking forward to what they promised and were simply waiting for the release to oppine in, and that a lot of those criticizing Reforged never even wanted a reforging of the game to begin with..
I'm fairly certain that a huge majority of people (imo 90% or more) were actually looking forward to map/campaign changes. There were also those people who were opposed of course. With new voice acting, I think the percentage was even higher. Of course there were those who complained as well. If anything people who complained gave Blizzard an excuse. I'm fairly certain Blizzard knows who is in the majority, but they've got their excuse. If those people who complained wanted to give Blizzard an excuse to make a game cheaper for them, and not in the same level of development, the they did it. Congrats.
I disagree - I think Shadowlands look absolutely amazing and I'm very happy that instead of adding another bunch of new systems, half or more of which would likely be crap (*cough* Warfronts, Azerite Armor *cough*), they've decided to go back and fix what's already there (classes, leveling, rampant RNG, etc.).

My only disappointment is that there isn't a new class, but added customization options and returning abilities should cover for that.
Although this is not a place for this discussion, it's pretty obvious that the zones are old zones recolored, no new models. The most important thing is a level squish, and making it more like Classic. Until now the only expansion not introducing a single race or class was WoD. BfA was average at best, I left cause of lack of content and patch zones sucking, and honestly Shadowlands do not look to be promising. We still don't know how will the Covenants work, I'll just have to see[/QUOTE]

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

Fair enough I suppose, if it affects melee maps then it would indeed ruin crossplay. But this is not specified so just wanted to point out that he was jumping to conclusions.

Reactions: Rui
Level 34
I'm fairly certain that a huge majority of people (imo 90% or more) were actually looking forward to map/campaign changes.
I am actually one of less than 90% that just wanted updated graphics. All terrain, units and such same but modernized (and upgraded little changed where need if possible). Of course those new stuff are just bonus.More stuff, better. I am not one to sabotage others if they wish something. I am cool with rest, but did not expect nothing more than graphics. However I am with you here that they got many people by those overadvertizing which turns out to be false advertisement. I do not like that.

MrRious

M

MrRious

It's obvious that Reforged will actually have new voice lines, just not for the original characters. After all, gender-swapped units can't sound the same.

Sadly, that "might" mean non-english players won't be able to switch to the old dubbing. (And trust me, the new one sucks)

Last edited by a moderator:
Either that or at least make it look cool. This doesn't look cool, they look like they're coming back from a pool-side barbecue party and Deatharoc is the dark master of sloppy joes (some exotic sunglasses would be a great addition to them).

Only comment I have on Detheroc: He looks like Traggey's avatar....

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Yes! We got Stratholme zoo back!

Great, can we also bring back the ports and the harbor and the oil refineries?

WoW retcons RTS lore. Heck, WoW lore they are going for is modern WoW lore, which already retcons classic WoW lore... Its a retcon of a retcon. And we should embrace it because it just so happens to have same logo? Because Warcraft is nothing more than a logo devs put on a game at this point.

I mean, as much as I despise post-MoP WoW, we can't just delude ourselves into saying it is non-canon because of their disgusting retcons unless they say that 15 years of lore development is cancelled and let's go back to WoW Classic. Also, WC3 retconned many stuff from WC2, are we going to say WC3 is non-canon as well?

Level 14
I got the editor:
image1-9.png

[/spoilers]

Great, can we also bring back the ports and the harbor and the oil refineries?

I mean, as much as I despise post-MoP WoW, we can't just delude ourselves into saying it is non-canon because of their disgusting retcons unless they say that 15 years of lore development is cancelled and let's go back to WoW Classic. Also, WC3 retconned many stuff from WC2, are we going to say WC3 is non-canon as well?

It is pretty normal for a Warcraft III player to ignore WoW lore, just think it as an alternate universe where bad writers are in charge. If someone was a hardcore WC2 fan they should even ignore WC III but I think majority will always be WC III lovers.

And here is the important thing, I'lld never ask for Warcraft III 'retcons' to be added to a Warcraft II remaster, why would I want to ruin peoples game, WoW players should think like that and understand why Warcraft III should be left alone as it is. None of us here joins WoW releated forums and cries for WC3 to retcon WoW but WoW kiddos just come and cry for WoW retcons to be basically in every game in every platform.

Level 14
I don't mind Detheroc being fat, I actually love it because it brings variance! What I dislike is how all Dreadlords chests are showing (pecks and abs), like that there is lack of variance. :(

Level 13
It is pretty normal for a Warcraft III player to ignore WoW lore, just think it as an alternate universe where bad writers are in charge. If someone was a hardcore WC2 fan they should even ignore WC III but I think majority will always be WC III lovers.

And here is the important thing, I'lld never ask for Warcraft III 'retcons' to be added to a Warcraft II remaster, why would I want to ruin peoples game, WoW players should think like that and understand why Warcraft III should be left alone as it is. None of us here joins WoW releated forums and cries for WC3 to retcon WoW but WoW kiddos just come and cry for WoW retcons to be basically in every game in every platform.
Two short questions, just out of curiosity. Should hardcore RoC fans ignore TFT? Should TFT retcons not be added to a RoC remaster? As it looks now, they probably won't be, but I'm just curious.

Level 9

First of all, don't move goalposts. You said "warcraft is warcraft" which means if we like the original we should like the new version... why? Simply because copyright holders said this is part of the same franchise? Because current Blizzard are nothing more than that at this point. They didn't create Warcraft we love. Pretty much all people instrumental in creation of Warcraft left the company at this point. They are just a bunch of completely different people who happen to have legal rights to the franchise, unfortunately.
Maybe its just me, but LEGAL ties don't elicit the sense of enjoyment and continuity from me. Current WoW is not Warcraft in same sense RTS games were Warcraft

Second, just because it is canon for legal reasons, doesn't mean it should matter to fans. We don't have to accept it, we're not wiki staff or something like that. Especially in such a case, where only thing tying old and new lore together is trademark. It is one thing when writer reveals some new facts about what he wrote, its another when bunch of people who just happen to own franchise without having made it start spewing bullshit to sell more stuff.
In any franchise where writers change it is very common to disregard newer "canon" and stick to what was canon at a certain time. Dune fans usually disregard's Herbert's son's novels, Warhammer Fantasy fans pretend End Times and Age of Sigmar are just one of possible futures if they are being lenient, Highlander fans obviously deny second movie even exists, many Star Wars fans stick to first 6 films and so on. That is understandable, and this is fans' moral, ethical and logical right. This is not a legal situation, we're not forced to bow to trademark and praise the copyright holders. Its not even the case as is with Harry Potter universe, where same writer just starts crapping on her own setting, causing a division in fans, its a bunch of entirely different writers lead by entirely different management.

Also no, there aren't nearly that many retcons between II and III. Sure, what Blizzard did to world map is atrocious (have you ever tried matching Warcraft I, II and III maps together? They don't match! At all!), but they are more or less consistent. But if you compare modern WoW lore to Warcraft II/III lore, the only reason they are not two separate settings is because coasting on recognizable brand name brings moneys.

tl;dr It is only Warcraft for legal reasons which don't matter outside legal situations. And it has zero bearing on what we should enjoy or accept, let alone welcome.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Was there ANYTHING about regular Warcraft III? Will we get anything new? Unlikely, I know, but "old graphics" option implies there must at least be Warcraft III-compatible models for new stuff (e.g. Anasterian, Jaina and Thrall skins, etc).
Reforged will probably mean any updates coming to classic as well but to the classic under Reforged.
Anasterian will probably be the Silvermoon campaign map Archmage, so no, these "skins" are only for Reforged.
It might just be parts of the map, not everything.
Well, if doing an updated Stratholme meant they were going to cut 70% of the dialogue then I actually prefer the old one.
Cut? Didn't they actually add something back then? Or is my memory faulty?
I wonder. If someone makes a Reforged map and places a unit using Anasterian model, what will the classic players see?
A no model unit :D?
That's their way of reimagined in the end.
Also, WC3 retconned many stuff from WC2, are we going to say WC3 is non-canon as well?
Much less than any WoW game. Retcons between the RTS Warcraft games are more of added material than retcons.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32

WoW players should think like that and understand why Warcraft III should be left alone as it is. None of us here joins WoW releated forums and cries for WC3 to retcon WoW but WoW kiddos just come and cry for WoW retcons to be basically in every game in every platform.

First of all, don't move goalposts. You said "warcraft is warcraft" which means if we like the original we should like the new version... why? Simply because copyright holders said this is part of the same franchise? Because current Blizzard are nothing more than that at this point. They didn't create Warcraft we love. Pretty much all people instrumental in creation of Warcraft left the company at this point. They are just a bunch of completely different people who happen to have legal rights to the franchise, unfortunately.
Maybe its just me, but LEGAL ties don't elicit the sense of enjoyment and continuity from me. Current WoW is not Warcraft in same sense RTS games were Warcraft

Also no, there aren't nearly that many retcons between II and III. Sure, what Blizzard did to world map is atrocious (have you ever tried matching Warcraft I, II and III maps together? They don't match! At all!), but they are more or less consistent. But if you compare modern WoW lore to Warcraft II/III lore, the only reason they are not two separate settings is because coasting on recognizable brand name brings moneys.

I see, I stand corrected. It just really irks me on how people like to shit on WoW (I also shit on WoW but for legitimate reasons like the huge retcons like Vault of the Wardens and Derek Proudmoore, and destroying potential characters like Kael'thas and spitting out totally new races each expansion) and say that WC3 is perfect while at the same time claim WoW is non-canon while also ignoring the fact that WC3 reconned stuff from WC2

Anasterian will probably be the Silvermoon campaign map Archmage, so no, these "skins" are only for Reforged.

There's the High Elf Archmage in the leaked models

Much less than any WoW game. Retcons between the RTS Warcraft games are more of added material than retcons.

I'll be the cowardly fence sitter here but the point is, I just wish people would be more consistent on their beliefs

Last edited:
Level 20
Cut? Didn't they actually add something back then? Or is my memory faulty?
Grubby said that the Stratholme map had like 70% of the old dialogue cut, because it didn't fit with locations. I'm inclined to believe it, seeing as how a part of the introduction cutscene was missing in the Stratholme demo (i.e. the part when Arthas thanks Uther for coming).

Anyway, now that they've went back to the old cinematic mode, they're readding all of the old dialogue that was previously cut. And that's good, because if their original intent was to cut a bunch of the original dialogue and then add some new stuff, it looks like they weren't "expanding" on the classic story (which is what I wanted), but replacing some parts of it (which I absolutely didn't want).

So, if I'm to choose between the original story with little to no additions or some changed story, I'll take the former every day.

Two short questions, just out of curiosity. Should hardcore RoC fans ignore TFT? Should TFT retcons not be added to a RoC remaster? As it looks now, they probably won't be, but I'm just curious.

Even though TFT has got no retcons to RoC's story there is an hardcore playerbase of RoC that are pissed because their ladder is taken away which kinda explains how they'lld feel. Yes if it was a RoC remaster I'lld ask for RoC to stay the same

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Well, then, will the character appear in the map's intro scene and not during gameplay?

Apparently according to the novels, Thalorien was at the Quel'danas Isle entrance, and Anasterian made his last stand by the Sunwell itself

That High Elf Archmage may probably just be inside the city proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.