• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged Blizzcon Recap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Even though TFT has got no retcons to RoC's story
Maiev Shadowsong, Kael'thas, Illidan's fate, Malfurion's name, to name a few. Also the most important and imo the best WoW character, Sylvanas Windrunner, has been made that way because of a TfT retcon. So I see quite a few retconns here. Sure you can say they aren't that big as with WoW, but still retcons.

Maiev Shadowsong, Kael'thas, Illidan's fate, Malfurion's name, to name a few. Also the most important and imo the best WoW character, Sylvanas Windrunner, has been made that way because of a TfT retcon. So I see quite a few retconns here. Sure you can say they aren't that big as with WoW, but still retcons.

Only Mal'Furion' was a real retcon though others were more of a continuation since they did not touch the old story

Level 20
say that WC3 is perfect while at the same time claim WoW is non-canon
I think people are way too sensitive when it comes to retcons. Sure, some suck, but not all of them are bad. For example, Diablo III changed the identity of the Diablo I warrior from some random guy to Leoric's son. To me this was a brilliant change, because it made the original story much more tragic by having Aidan kill both his father and his younger brother to rescure Tristram, only to ultimately succumb to the same curse that corrupted his family. It also made it more believable that Aidan wanted to take the stone to the head, because not only did he see a lot of shit, but he also lost his entire family, so it makes sense that he'd be willing to sacrifice himself to make sure nobody suffers through the same fate again. Thus, it's an example of a really nice retcon.

However, when it comes to Warcraft 3 - nostalgia aside, the original story might not be Shakespeare or something, but as far as fantasy stories go, it's really good. I don't see any need to change it, especially considering that it's doubtful that Christie Golden and the modern WoW writers would be able to make it any better. So ultimately I am happy that they chose not to retcon it in any way.

Level 13
Only Mal'Furion' was a real retcon though others were more of a continuation since they did not touch the old story
Illidan became a crazy powerful demon and lost everything Night Elf about him, that's why he was banished by (Mal)Furion and Tyrande. Suddenly he's a Night Elf again, on par with (Mal)Furion and Tyrande again, I see a story change here. Sylvanas was just a bit more powerful banshee that's raised by Arthas to undead. And again suddenly she's one of the highest ranking scourge generals and a corporal ranger, another story change. etc....
Christie Golden and the modern WoW writers would be able to make it any better.
Christie Golden wrote "Lord of the Clans"(2001), a prelude to RoC. Acoording to many the best, but at least one of the most important WoW novels/stories. So saying that she wasn't involved in writing WC3 story just doesn't make sense to me. Also Chris Metzen still voices Thrall in BfA and pretty much every Blizzard game, so I doubt he doesn't still have his say on a few things.

Level 20
Christie Golden wrote "Lord of the Clans"(2001), a prelude to RoC. So saying that she wasn't involved in writing WC3 story just doesn't make sense to me. Also Chris Metzen still voices Thrall in BfA and pretty much every Blizzard game, so I doubt he doesn't still have his say on a few things.
Chris Metzen is no longer a part of Blizzard - he might have a little influence when it comes to WoW, but I doubt he's involved in any other game.

As for Christie Golden, don't forget that she wasn't a part of Blizzard when Warcraft 3 was written and it's totally possible that she was simply hired to write a book based on a story outline that the actual writers have given her. Besides, right now Golden is a regular writer for WoW and she played a big part in writing Battle for Azeroth, which is arguably one of the worst stories that WoW has ever had.

Chris Metzen is no longer a part of Blizzard - he might have a little influence when it comes to WoW, but I doubt he's involved in any other game.

As for Christie Golden, don't forget that she wasn't a part of Blizzard when Warcraft 3 was written and it's totally possible that she was simply hired to write a book based on some story outline that the actual writers have given her. Besides, right now Golden is a regular writer for WoW and she took a big part in writing Battle for Azeroth - arguably one of the worst stories that WoW has ever had.

Never ever forget Arthas novel, where we have learned he was in love with his horse alot more than Jaina....

Level 13

As for Christie Golden, don't forget that she wasn't a part of Blizzard when Warcraft 3 was written and it's totally possible that she was simply hired to write a book based on a story outline that the actual writers have given her. Besides, right now Golden is a regular writer for WoW and she played a big part in writing Battle for Azeroth, which is arguably one of the worst stories that WoW has ever had.
BfA story ended up being bad, cause a lot of stuff were cut, cause the expansion contents were bad(warfronts, Azerate gear etc...). The inital story from Kul Tiras about Jaina's regrets and stuff was a blast if you ask me. The final story still beats the WoD story in anyway though, maybe even Cata.
From Chris to Christie.

Metzen retired as far as I know. I don't think he's involved in anything at moment.
I'm 100% certain that Metzen will voice Thrall in Shadowlands, so I dout they will ignore his opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rui
Level 20
BfA story ended up being bad, cause a lot of stuff were cut, cause the expansion contents were bad(warfronts, Azerate gear etc...). The inital story from Kul Tiras about Jaina's regrets and stuff was a blast if you ask me. The final story still beats the WoD story in anyway though, maybe even Cata.
Yes, Jaina's story was nice, but the main plot of the expansion - the war campaign - was seriously messed up since pre-patch, e.g. Sylvanas wanting to invade the tree only to have it burned because Delaryn pissed her off (funny enough, it was already retconned), Lor'themar suddenly being fine with Sylvanas raising Blood Elves during Battle for Lorderon, the Vindicaar going MIA even though it's one of the most powerful weapons Alliance had, etc.

Level 9
I think people are way too sensitive when it comes to retcons. Sure, some suck, but not all of them are bad. For example, Diablo III changed the identity of the Diablo I warrior from some random guy to Leoric's son. To me this was a brilliant change, because it made the original story much more tragic by having Aidan kill both his father and his younger brother to rescure Tristram, only to ultimately succumb to the same curse that corrupted his family. It also made it more believable that Aidan wanted to take the stone to the head, because not only did he see a lot of shit, but he also lost his entire family, so it makes sense that he'd be willing to sacrifice himself to make sure nobody suffers through the same fate again. Thus, it's an example of a really nice retcon.

To be honest, that is not much of a retcon, no more than learning that Rogue became Blood Raven and Sorcerer became fake Horazon, its more of filling a blank spot. Assigning a name to nameless player character in a later installment is a common thing.
It would be a retcon if the Warrior had a canonic name and suddenly it got changed.
Now that I think of it, Diablo lore is actually surprisingly consistent - probably due to smaller scope and not having to mutilate lore to facilitate a MMO.

You can say the same for half-naked women. It's the shameless sex appeal of contemporary times.
Objection, half-naked women are always sensible and right. Provided they are sufficiently good-looking, of course.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Hmm... they didn't mention they would fix all inconsistencies like they did on that High Elf Archmage and whatnot. Here's what I hope they will fix:
  • Replace Darkspears with Orc Spearthrowers in Blackrock and Roll and Blackrock and Roll Too
  • Replace Far Seers with WC2 Death Knights in Blackrock and Roll Too [1]
  • Replace Dwarven units with High Elf Archers, Ballistae, and Dragonhawk Riders in the Siege of Dalaran and Under the Burning Sky [2]
  • Replace Ogres with Pandarens or any decent Northrend unit in Dissension
  • Replace the name of the skeleton orcs from Blackrock Clan to Black Tooth Grin Clan in The Tomb of Sargeras
  • Replace fel Kodos with Shadow Council necrolytes in Gates of the Abyss and Lord of Outland [3]
  • Add some Dwarven Axemen in Into the Shadow Web Caverns
[1] Far Seers greatly contradict with the Blackrock Clan's fel use. Normally the elements should have abandoned them already
[2] Not even Wildhammer Shamans would have anything to do with Dalaran as Shamanism is far from Arcane
[3] There is literally no reason for fel Kodos to be in Outland. i don't think there would be fel corrupted Warsong Orc to smuggle some fel Kodos back inside the Dark Portal

Last edited:
Level 34
Hmm... they didn't mention they would fix all inconsistencies like they did on that High Elf Archmage and whatnot. Here's what I hope they will fix:
  • Replace Darkspears with Orc Spearthrowers in Blackrock and Roll and Blackrock and Roll Too
  • Replace Dwarven units with High Elf Archers, Ballistae, and Dragonhawk Riders in the Siege of Dalaran and Under the Burning Sky [2]
  • Replace fel Kodos with Shadow Council necrolytes in Gates of the Abyss and Lord of Outland [3]
[1] Far Seers greatly contradict with the Blackrock Clan's fel use. Normally the elements should have abandoned them already
[2] Not even Wildhammer Shamans would have anything to do with Dalaran as Shamanism is far from Arcane
[3] There is literally no reason for fel Kodos to be in Outland. i don't think there would be fel corrupted Warsong Orc to smuggle some fel Kodos back inside the Dark Portal
  • There are no orc spearthrower model, maybe the forest troll axethrower could work?
  • There aren't wc2 dk models either, maybe use some of the orc warlocks models instead?
  • Probably they'll do that
  • Hmm, maybe more bandits? or ice trolls? tuskarr maybe?
  • Fel beasts could work here
  • There aren't dwarven axemens models either :c

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
  • There are no orc spearthrower model, maybe the forest troll axethrower could work?
  • There aren't wc2 dk models either, maybe use some of the orc warlocks models instead?
  • Probably they'll do that
  • Hmm, maybe more bandits? or ice trolls? tuskarr maybe?
  • Fel beasts could work here
  • There aren't dwarven axemens models either :c

I meant in Reforged, they're making LOTS of new models to fix their inconsistencies in the Quel'thalas invasion, they better do it as well in the others

Also, the Amani already abandoned Orgrimm's Horde before the Second War even ended

Level 34
I meant in Reforged, they're making LOTS of new models to fix their inconsistencies in the Quel'thalas invasion, they better do it as well in the others

Also, the Amani already abandoned Orgrimm's Horde before the Second War even ended
I was talking about reforged too X'D
Well, wc2 dk's are also gone, and the only ones that survive are in outland; regarding that, i don't think Actiblizz will ask lemon sky to make more models, but probably they will make some modifications to the ones already seen it so far.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
I was talking about reforged too X'D
Well, wc2 dk's are also gone, and the only ones that survive are in outland; regarding that, i don't think Actiblizz will ask lemon sky to make more models, but probably they will make some modifications to the ones already seen it so far.

They said each campaign hero will have their own models so there's possibility for more models.

I don't think personally that all death knights were eradicated in Azeroth after the Second War

Also another inconsistency: change the name of the skeleton orcs from Blackrock Clan to Black Tooth Grin Clan in The Tomb of Sargeras

Level 34
They said each campaign hero will have their own models so there's possibility for more models.

I don't think personally that all death knights were eradicated in Azeroth after the Second War

Also another inconsistency: change the name of the skeleton orcs from Blackrock Clan to Black Tooth Grin Clan in The Tomb of Sargeras
They also said there would be 4+ hours of in-game cutscenes :v
Well, most of them became liches in wc3.
Do the skeletal orcs have the blackrock symbol on them? if not they could represent any clan without a problem.

Level 3
Out of all the retcons my least favourite was taking the piranha like draenei race and turning them into a generic paladin-esque eredar look alike race with human features/faces. And explaining away the original race as having "degenerated", into a completely different species. Which as far as I remember there is no mention made of any such thing in War3.
I wonder if they will add mention of that awful lore to the draenei story now, and maybe change akama/the draenei to have face tentacles like the eredar do.
(Obviously this is a controversial opinion because of all the people that play the draenei race, but you know, I don't care much about WoW, the original Draenei were a lot more interesting than the idealized squid faced human/goats.)
I hope they leave them alone, WoW's lore is it's own beast.(I mean, if they ever did a warcraft 4 they'd probably need 17 years of lore reboot to get it back on track.)

Level 34
But their team names were Blackrock Clan, Stormreaver Clan, and Twilight's Hammer Clan. Any slight oversight still needs to be fixed in reforged
But that is in one mission. Maybe adding new models for that mission only, not to replace completely models because there are neutral skeletal Orcs all over Sunken Ruins maps. Even in Night Elf campaign, in few other maps there are Skeletal Orcs and Grunts which do not belong to those clans. They just represent remains, and are together with necrolutes and elementals, and those revenants.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
But that is in one mission. Maybe adding new models for that mission only, not to replace completely models because there are neutral skeletal Orcs all over Sunken Ruins maps. Even in Night Elf campaign, in few other maps there are Skeletal Orcs and Grunts which do not belong to those clans. They just represent remains, and are together with necrolutes and elementals, and those revenants.

I wasn't really asking for models for them, just to change the name of Blackrock to fix the inconsistency

Every unit\hero\building that has a new model is in game either as a model or icon, so there will be no more new models

That's sad, but it's said every named hero will have their own unique model so I was expecting more for Blackthorn, Califax, Dalvengyr, Rage Winterchill, Ras Splinterspine, the fixed named Naga Sea Witches, Chief Petty Officer, Zerx Hydromon, Kelen the Seeker, Duke Lionheart, etc.

So much for "Reforged" then, if they will ignore those inconsistencies if the main point of Reforged is to actually fix inconsistencies in general. Oh well, someone will just redo the campaigns soon.

Or at least they present more resources after launch.

Level 3
Well, judge the new Draenai models for yourself.
You know, I think I might have seen them before but forgot exactly how they looked.
They actually look great, (Besides the clipping heads)the portrait on the first one looks very cool, the old one had a lot of character(The sadness, desperation and downtrodden nature was evident) but I do like the new look as well. I'm glad they didn't throw a bunch of tentacles of space-goat features on them.
Looks like Akama and the buildings have been WoWified though, but in the case of the buildings at least, the originals were a bit too generic.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Apparently according to the novels, Thalorien was at the Quel'danas Isle entrance, and Anasterian made his last stand by the Sunwell itself

That High Elf Archmage may probably just be inside the city proper.
Well, the elf archmage model could be used in the Dalaran level while Anasterian in the Silvermoon map.
Illidan's fate
Illidan just called in the naga. It's not like Furion was watching the demon hunter with Tyrande's owls or via nature all the time to make sure if the character left the whole Kalimdor continent or the huge elven parts. Also, Illidan was contacted by Kil'jaeden somewhere in Kalimdor(?) but that was weird since the character wasn't demon tainted yet. I think it's an error like with Gul'dan's Shamans.
Also the most important and imo the best WoW character, Sylvanas Windrunner, has been made that way because of a TfT retcon.
Well, how do you know Sylvanas is not a banshee in TfT but mind tricks that the character looks like an undead elf? I don't think the character is called the Banshee Queen just because we get to use lots of Banshees.
I thought Malfurion was the name the character used when mounted, honestly.
For example, Diablo III changed the identity of the Diablo I warrior from some random guy to Leoric's son. To me this was a brilliant change, because it made the original story much more tragic by having Aidan kill both his father and his younger brother to rescure Tristram, only to ultimately succumb to the same curse that corrupted his family. It also made it more believable that Aidan wanted to take the stone to the head, because not only did he see a lot of shit, but he also lost his entire family, so it makes sense that he'd be willing to sacrifice himself to make sure nobody suffers through the same fate again. Thus, it's an example of a really nice retcon.
Yeah, that's an awesome explanation. However, what came after with Adria... :\ tears of cringe.
Aso Diablo I mentions Albrecht as Leoric's only son.
You can say the same for half-naked women. It's the shameless sex appeal of contemporary times.
Yeah, most harpies and succubi look alike...
Illidan became a crazy powerful demon and lost everything Night Elf about him, that's why he was banished by (Mal)Furion and Tyrande. Suddenly he's a Night Elf again, on par with (Mal)Furion and Tyrande again, I see a story change here. Sylvanas was just a bit more powerful banshee that's raised by Arthas to undead. And again suddenly she's one of the highest ranking scourge generals and a corporal ranger, another story change. etc....
Illidan was in Metamorphosis form. Afterwards, you can clearly see the corruption of the elven characteristics.
Sylvanas was in the infant undead stages. Arthas did not have a use for the character then. Possibly, the Lich King decided it was best to have as many fiends as possible, especially those who could be used to exploit certain aspects or people since Sylvanas was renowned in life.
It was something unforeseen by Arthas that the Lich King would cut links to bring the death knight to the Frozen Throne thus Sylvanas getting a self conscientious mind.
This name alone was the one that almost made me cry when I saw last year that she would work on Reforged's story, she already ruined all the Warcraft , it is so nice to know now Reforged is free from her.
I don't think it's solely these ghost writers' fault.
Yeah, something like George Lucas with the new Star Wars movies.
Never ever forget Arthas novel, where we have learned he was in love with his horse alot more than Jaina....
:D ->video
Now that I think of it, Diablo lore is actually surprisingly consistent - probably due to smaller scope and not having to mutilate lore to facilitate a MMO.
Not since DIII (and external material before that).
Replace Far Seers with WC2 Death Knights in Blackrock and Roll Too [1]
Or Warlock type.
Replace Dwarven units with High Elf Archers, Ballistae, and Dragonhawk Riders in the Siege of Dalaran and Under the Burning Sky [2]
Why, dwarves don't have mages and don't participate when humanity is in danger?
Replace fel Kodos with Shadow Council necrolytes in Gates of the Abyss and Lord of Outland [3]
Are Necrolytes even a thing anymore? Weren't they turned to Death Knights by Gul'dan back in WcII?
Sure but if they don't change the gameplay, just aesthetics will make it even weirder.
Who knows what kind of mages get in and out of Dalaran. Maybe some only study there. Also, every mage has its own traits with time. It would be boring for all mages to be the same. I mean, look at various priests and theologians throughout time, many ideas and different. Sure, most majority will stick to the purist rules but it's not set in stone for everybody.
This is true.
Well, judge the new Draenai models for yourself.
Ha-ha. Akama is the only one to have the tentacles. Ouch.

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Why, dwarves don't have mages and don't participate when humanity is in danger?

Who knows what kind of mages get in and out of Dalaran. Maybe some only study there. Also, every mage has its own traits with time. It would be boring for all mages to be the same. I mean, look at various priests and theologians throughout time, many ideas and different. Sure, most majority will stick to the purist rules but it's not set in stone for everybody.

You have a point. Maybe make the last two chapters in the Scourge campaign in to four enemy teams:
  • Lordaeron Refugees and Reinforcements: Footmen, Militia Spearthrowers, Captains, Knights, Chaplains, Hydromancers led by some Paladin
  • Alliance High Elf Loyalists: High Elf Swordsmen, Archer, Priest, Ballistae, Sorceress, Dragonhawk Rider led by some High Elf Archmage
  • Dwarven Reinforcements from Aerie Peak and Dun Garok: Wildhammer Shaman, Mortar Team, Rifleman, Gryphon Rider and Gnomish Gyrocopters led by some Mountain King
  • The main Kirin Tor body with Footmen, High Elf Priest and Sorceress, Knights, Chaplain, Hydromancers led by Archmages and High Elf Archmages
Fighting off the overall all-out Alliance forces would be fitting for the concluding chapters of the Scourge campaign, since you are evil and about to unleash doom on Azeroth; might as well face the full force of the Alliance of Lordaeron beforehand.

Level 34
You have a point. Maybe make the last two chapters in the Scourge campaign in to four enemy teams:
  • Lordaeron Refugees and Reinforcements: Footmen, Militia Spearthrowers, Captains, Knights, Chaplains, Hydromancers led by some Paladin
  • Alliance High Elf Loyalists: High Elf Swordsmen, Archer, Priest, Ballistae, Sorceress, Dragonhawk Rider led by some High Elf Archmage
  • Dwarven Reinforcements from Aerie Peak and Dun Garok: Wildhammer Shaman, Mortar Team, Rifleman, Gryphon Rider and Gnomish Gyrocopters led by some Mountain King
  • The main Kirin Tor body with Footmen, High Elf Priest and Sorceress, Knights, Chaplain, Hydromancers led by Archmages and High Elf Archmages
Fighting off the overall all-out Alliance forces would be fitting for the concluding chapters of the Scourge campaign, since you are evil and about to unleash doom on Azeroth; might as well face the full force of the Alliance of Lordaeron beforehand.
Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

Level 9
Not since DIII (and external material before that).

I actually was thinking about DIII when I wrote that, since I can't remember any serious retcons. Reveal that there were many butchers was meh, but not exactly a retcon.
I'll admit I haven't read any expanded universe materials about Diablo universe, so can't speak for those.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I actually was thinking about DIII when I wrote that, since I can't remember any serious retcons. Reveal that there were many butchers was meh, but not exactly a retcon.
We're dissecting that sort of stuff here: Diablo IV suggestions & comments
But short version: Adria+Aiden->baby Diablo; Black Soulstone+marked prime evil essences; to name a few and the most important ones.

Level 20
Well, would you look at this:

EIodEfNXkAULQwd

I've checked and the comment is legit - to be honest, I have no idea what's true anymore... at one point we hear that they're not doing Stratholme-style cutscenes, then Grubby comes out and says that actually they are doing them. I think the confusion comes from the possibility that Blizzard didn't provice a clear answer and what we're hearing from either Back2Warcraft or Grubby or both are just their interpretations.

As it stands right now, I think that if you're someone who cared a lot about these new cutscenes and you haven't preordered yet, the smartest thing to do would probably be to wait and see what happens, because I really doubt that anyone from Blizzard (looking at you @Kam @MindWorX) will clear this up before the game releases.

@Archian - I think it would be smart to update the list to indicate that the cutscene change is pretty uncertain after all.

Level 2
What about the custom part?

"The World Editor and Custom Games are coming to the live BETA on Tuesday 5th Nov. UPDATED"

Level 13
Honestly Blizzcon 2019 kinda killed the hype for me, but I must say, man do the Undead look awesome. I like everything about them. They totally look scary, unlike the screenshots. The only thing is why are there eggs in a Boneyard? I know this is a fantasy universe, and that nothing makes sense, but that is just totally ridiculous. Frost Wyrms use Faerie Dragon animations...ah well.

• Replace the name of the skeleton orcs from Blackrock Clan to Black Tooth Grin Clan in The Tomb of Sargeras
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you tbh. It seems they didn't even add a different skin for high elf and blood elf footman and archer. As a consolation those inconsistencies were made on purpose for gameplay reasons. They wanted the orcs in Undead Campaign to look as similar as possible to melee orcs, they wanted to fight full melee humans in Undead final, the fel orcs in Outland as close to Grom's fel orcs etc..., I'm honestly more bothered with Red Dragons in Outland, then the Kodos. At this point it would be wise to expect that the Campaign will look something like this (just with undead and slightly more polished with the engine and stuff)
Well, would you look at this:

EIodEfNXkAULQwd

I've checked and the comment is legit - to be honest, I have no idea what's true anymore... at one point we hear that they're not doing Stratholme-style cutscenes, then Grubby comes out and says that actually they are doing them. I think the confusion comes from the possibility that Blizzard didn't provice a clear answer and what we're hearing from either Back2Warcraft or Grubby or both are just their interpretations.

As it stands right now, I think that if you're someone who cared a lot about these new cutscenes and you haven't preordered yet, the smartest thing to do would probably be to wait and see what happens, because I really doubt that anyone from Blizzard (looking at you @Kam @MindWorX) will clear this up before the game releases.

@Archian - I think it would be smart to update the list to indicate that the cutscene change is pretty uncertain after all.
To be 100% honest I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. For a number of reasons:
  1. If this was the case, Blizzard would have already made and official statement, cause of a lot of angry people in official forums.
  2. If they really had those cutscenes they would say something like:"And there are dozens of redone cutscenes just waiting for you! All the cutscenes were redone like the ones in "The Culling", and we are very please to announce!" They wouldn't keep quite about it, cause it would be a huge plus for them.
  3. With no new voice acting it would be extremely difficult to synchronize everything. They could barely do it with one cutscene, let alone dozens, if not hundreds.
To me all this seems like they were cut indeed, but there is also the possibility that they don't know themselves yet whether they were cut or are doing them, however I doubt that. At this point the best thing to do is listen to your self, see how things turn out in the final version, or when campaigns reach the Beta, and vote with your wallet.

Last edited:
Level 13
Kodos don't make sense but red dragons do since in WcII Alexstrasza was under orc custody and obviously there could have been slave red dragons after the dragon queen has been set free.
No, when Alexstrasza was freed, the power to contain red dragons was lost, and dragons are too powerful to be held as slaves. Further more, no Red Dragonflight were ever taken to Outland, the dragons that did were the last remnants of Deathwing's Black Dragonflight, many of whom have been sold as slaves by Deathwing.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
No, when Alexstrasza was freed, the power to contain red dragons was lost, and dragons are too powerful to be held as slaves. Further more, no Red Dragonflight were ever taken to Outland, the dragons that did were the last remnants of Deathwing's Black Dragonflight, many of whom have been sold as slaves by Deathwing.
You mean, like post WcII material?
Who cares. Dragons were raised from infancy. They became one with the Horde. During Beyond the Dark Portal, the orcs probably just took some of the red dragons there and made new roosts on top of Deathwing's black dragons. Mind you, there was no such colour or faction difference between dragons in WcII. Dragons were dragons.

I want to know what the Reforged editor looks like.
I hope it would be with better design and more options and tools.
+ full Lua support with line numbering, keyword coloring, word prediction, list of functions.

I also want to see that they fixed the problem in trigger editor with nesting windows.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

so is there a ladder on war3 reforged release? I mean I didn't pay attention to all words from blizzcon war3 reforged panel 2019, but the video about it from YouTube was deleted. The sentence "so is there a ladder on war3 reforged release?" refers to whether it comes from the words of devs.
I did see grubby's comments (that the ladder will be there) from his discord channel after seeing back2warcraft's messages about the ladder won't be there, but from my impression back2warcraft gathers people's personal comments n' messages and then just talked about it rather than the messages from the dev? (ok I know that the assumption is bad, (what do I mean by this sentence is that I don't watch his video about the ladder-not-being-released stuffs) but I never watch back2warcraft's video about the ladder not being released for that I watched back2warcraft's previous videos, and I was like "oh so this guy has no evidential stuffs" (from what I saw he just posted about the people's comments n' just talked about it) but I don't trust any personal comments, it is their doing, so (note: I know what kind of person grubby is)
does the messages about the ladder comes from the devs? sorry about that I didn't hear clearly, n' now I'm asking this question

re-edited:
12:33, so there is the ladder by the devs, nice one

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.