• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor and Undead Race NOW LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Demons are different. They don't have to workout. They can use mind tricks.
Oh seducing and stuff. Yes, but still, they made them look awesome. You see, screw those human women, elves and such. Let me introduce you with one nice demonic woman. Live fire! :cgrin:
She will charm you literally, because of her you will forget even your name, yet daily problems ahahahaha

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Live fire!
Haha.
She will charm you literally, because of her you will forget even your name, yet daily problems ahahahaha
I will forget my life. I will literally be sucked of it.

I'm replying to your huge post by the way but it takes time.
iu

Level 34
Yeah, exactly. Gotta put facts there
And screenshots. I would have much more for you, but man it was very long, I could not do it more, my fel energies needed to recharge!

But what if it's a torturess?
I just checked. It is Maiden of Pain. Do you know that she can beat Doom Guard 1 vs 1? I could take that bitch only in correct moves. If I miss one move, I am dead. I remember that life sucking is great factor, she drains you to and heals her lot, while your attacks does not harm her during that time. And she puts shadow strike but not needed much. So each time she tries life drain I do war stomp to stop her, but you must do this in second.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
So each time she tries life drain I do war stomp to stop her, but you must do this in second.
This and also, it's not mana drain so it's quite pretty good. Plus the succubus is melee from what I remember so you don't have to run around while the unit attacks you from a ranged distance.
Only issue is that Life Drain is 75 mana (I think on neutrals too) and War Stomp is 90 and possibly Doom Guards have less mana overall. Don't know about the mana and/or health regeneration rate.

Level 34
This and also, it's not mana drain so it's quite pretty good.
Yeah, just checked, it is Hit points drained: 55 per 1 second for 8 seconds on all heroes or regular units at 500 range!

Plus the succubus is melee from what I remember so you don't have to run around while the unit attacks you from a ranged distance.
No, she is ranged! Red are melee, blue are ranged! And I am melee and ranged against air.

Only issue is that Life Drain is 75 mana (I think on neutrals too) and War Stomp is 90 and possibly Doom Guards have less mana overall.
She has 400 and I have 500 mana. Yes yo uare right about mana costs, but luckily I have little more both HP and mana!

Don't know about the mana and/or health regeneration rate.
Her mana regeneration is 1, and mine is 1.25 a slightly more.
her health is 1050 and 0 armor, and mine is 1350 armor 3 (1600 as summoned but I tested regular one)

So overally, I am little stronger, but she has deadly ranged attack + shadow strike + life drain which can kill me just like that!

Level 34
And the mana cost for it :\ but at least it lasts 120s(?) and Shadow Strike 30s?
Sadly no. Cripple is one of the most powerful spells, but it is not that long. Mana cost is 175, duration 60 and duration against hero (and powerful units as she is and resistant skin ones) is just 10! But enough to catch them.
Shadow strike is 15.10 seconds duration on both units and hero types! Weird. it does not make difference. And I think it cannot be dispelled!
How the hell you manage to reply in moments after I post message?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I do not have credit card, I do not work yet. But my fiance works, so perhaps I can buy with her. However I wait to see specifications if this will work on my computer.
have you preorder it? Oh why do you think that they do not give beta?
Oh, what are you doing then? Get to work! :D You need a good pension so you need the working years.
I did not preorder it. I don't do purchases like these. I want to know what I'm buying.
I remember some people saying the beta access comes in limited numbers or something.

Level 34
Oh, what are you doing then? Get to work! :D You need a good pension so you need the working years.
Yes but! This country requires master studies as must for this job which I finished university so I am stuck now.

I did not preorder it. I don't do purchases like these. I want to know what I'm buying.
AAaaaaa smart move! Smart man :cgrin:
You were smart there too, but I am demonic expert haha

I remember some people saying the beta access comes in limited numbers or something.
O yea? You buy and you wait? All good cookies eaten by others.... Still one month left.

Level 34
Can't beat demons man. Not a fair fight.
YOU JOKING? If not army, you can do one vs one, I have seen cases, I tested a lot (although they have many champions to test). Look at yourself. All this knowledge, post numbers, reputation, reviewer on this site.... Dont tell me that you belong to race where one put women in front of him to do job for him! hahahahaaha

Level 34
It's all an illusion. I am a Warcraft III rat. Can't attack, have low hp and squeak all the time.
Oh now you are trying to play me out. This is not gonna work! Maybe you are Kobold! They are humanoid rats! Oh they also look cool in Reforged as they can look cool since they are rats! But good stuff with that candle on head haha

Level 34
not a greedy kobold who always feels heat and hot wax over his head and possibly face and eyes :\
Ahahaha! But their heads are specially designed to handle that candle and wax! haha it always made me laugh, as underground creatures they should see in dark! And good for them having shovels (some of them did in Wc3, I am not sure about reforged) so once when real men started fight on surface, they can hide and get burred because of earthquakes and shockwaves! They would need those shovels to dig ways out!

Level 34
I think they also have claws. But depends on their oxygen needs, if they can make it out in time, that is :D And if they use the candles too, they'll be breathing CO2 in no time.
Oh I think candle will be turned off once rock and dust hits head :cgrin:

You need to get a job and buy a bed!

:D
NighT night!
Oh good night. Morning actually. it was good. All mortals are sleeping now, it was just two of us here.

Level 13
You know what I just realized. Blizzard nailed it with the game. They said that they've cut remaking campaigns, new voice lines, new contents, enviroment updates, cause of purist feed back, and they pretty much dissapointed everyone else. However they kept new WoWified models, female DK and DH and pissed the purists off as well, not that they wouldn't be pissed off anyway. Why didn't they just change the logo, fix the bugs of recent patches, provide UI to cover the whole wide screen, and maybe, just maybe increase the resolution of cinematics(though making sure that Arthas, Archimod, Medivh are still griddy enough)? They should of reused Classic's graphics as well, that way Reforged wouldn't cost them almost anything. And release a purest friendly game, purists at least wouldn't complain that much. Now everyone is pissed, while Blizzard still spent money on Reforged. Good decision Bllizzard.

Last edited:
Level 34
I still think it'll have nice sales.
Nice but not nearly as planned.
I agree with @Venombite although I like newm odels and game so far, it is not matter. I never seen people disappointing with anything like that recently. Too many people from various sides says that this is not what they expected and what they have been promised.

Level 20
There are 2 things that can hurt their sales - a) cutscenes and b) people seeing how the game looks in action by watching beta videos.

There's no way to predict how b) is going to impact the sales as we don't know the ratio of people who like the new graphics vs those who don't.
My guess is that it's going to be fairly neutral.

As for cutscenes - let's be real here, if it had any serious impact on sales, they would have released some sort of a statement or whatever. The fact that we didn't even get a forum post about this topic indicates that if the whole cutscene thing had any impact on sales, it was very minuscule.

Level 20
No, they just do some squats from time to time, otherwise they are upright, I would acctuallz like if they did squats for time, but not have a troll poisture all the time.
Archers squat more than they stand up. Same with the Dark Ranger, Sylvanas, and Shandris. The Archer standing like that is identical to the original.

Level 3
View attachment 337582
1) Tooltip Name of Buff is not unlimited, still
2) Tooltip Description of Buff is bugged still, commas inside the description consumes the further description

Minor reminder (I hope that its just getting still fixed and I'm not ignored):
1) Tooltip Name of Buff is not unlimited
2) Tooltip Description of Buff is bugged - commas inside the description consumes the further description
Screenshot_15.png

3) Abilities tooltips were fixed - okay, thats good, but... Research ability tooltip is somehow bugged (like again consuming line)
Screenshot_14.png

(There was supposed to be additional line, Area of Effect, but it got consumed)

Level 20
I wouldn't really call these "rips" - it looks more like an inspiration, but anyway...

SHAME on Blizzard for using their own concept art to inform the model design for Reforged models. SHAME! /s

---

But seriously - these are like what, 25 models, right? Reforged supposedly has about 2200 models and if my memory serves me right, @Venombite claimed that 60% are "rips", so... even if I were to agree here, I'm still waiting for circa 1300 more before I admit I was wrong :p

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
SHAME on Blizzard for using their own concept art to inform the model design for Reforged models. SHAME!
Shame on Blizzard for being Blizzard!
But seriously - these are like what, 25 models, right? Reforged supposedly has like 2200 models and if my memory serves me right, @Venombite claimed that 60% or so are "rips", so... even if I were to agree here, I'm still waiting for circa 1300 more before I admit you were right
Indeed.
The point I was making is that they are not based on the Warcraft III designs.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Nobody is disputing that some - okay, a lot of - models are a significant departure from their original design.
It's funny because they did that for some neutral units but the characters are conspicuously WoW-HotStorm. They didn't reimagine all of the models but only some. Very few actually.
For instance, even the centaurs are WoW inspired
latest

Level 13
@MasterBlaster :p
Alterac Pass check all the images.
Mountain King, Blademaster and such are as different from Campaign counterparts as skins in HotS.
Armored Gnoll hope this counts for all Gnoll creeps.
Murky this counts for all Murloc and Mur'gul creeps.
Cho'gall ogre creeps.
Zul'jin forest troll creeps and maybe other trolls :p
Falstad Gryphon Rider.
Ragnaros Firelord.
Again these are look alikes, already admitted I was wrong, but I would love to see 2200 models, there are like 200, 2200 isn't really realistic to me :p
Official HotS site doesn't really work. Bravo Blizzard!

@deepstrasz well HotS models are acctually inspired by Warcraft 3 more than WoW. Some characters like Jaina, Arthas(Human), Sylvanas(living), Uther etc... look far more Wc3 like than WoW like in HotS.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Those links don't work.
Ah, you edited.

They could replace the current Firelord face with Ragnaros'. The Reforged one is not only ugly but too cute or scared, actually, to fit a Firelord.

@deepstrasz well HotS models are acctually inspired by Warcraft 3 more than WoW. Some characters like Jaina, Arthas(Human), Sylvanas(living), Uther etc... look far more Wc3 like than WoW like in HotS.
Not referring to Vanilla WoW. I think they "updated" the models from WotLK onward.

Just dribbling at the thought of all those HotStorm models and their variations to be ported to Reforged:cool:2

Last edited:
Level 34
So, you have here party and I was not invited :cgrin:
it is interesting that they mentioned constantly 2200 models! It is not matter qualityit is quantity. I mean I like all new models to be good rather than be decent or unfinished.
But here is main queston! People are interested in main and famous characters as well as races. Not much about some side models.You here posted various videos and comparison between jaina and others, not about some stuff which happen only once in map such as ,,Moss Covered Golem" hahaha anyway I like that model very much. I like that approach so we can use those models used only once, in our maps

Status
Not open for further replies.