• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft III Reforged - What we know... so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have faith. We know for a fact that the team is hard at work ;)

'Hard work' :clol:

Serious note: I think something will happen after 8.2 (25th June) and before Classic WoW probably at early to mid July we will see the beta considering the 'delayed' 1.31 from february to may building hype for both Classic and to fill the time gap between 8.2 and Classic

I think that one post about development per month wouldn't slow their work so much...

I think they know that they 'failed' so hard too and doing nothing to change it let's go back to Blizzcon interviews:

Pete Stillwell: We are hoping to deliver 1.31 the last patch before Reforged at February
-Arrived at May

Pete Stillwell: We will have a beta, more like an alpha hopefully at Spring
-Spring ends in 2 days

I see no reason to trust they are working hard.

Entertainment creators rarely release anything more than a few sneak peeks here and there. Just because we haven't seen any progress, doesn't mean there isn't any.
At the end of the day, the people working on this are literally just employees doing their job, there's no reason to assume they're working any less or any more than any other regular person does at their job. About that statement about a beta, doesn't sound like they said they would be releasing that beta to the public. Big game developers almost never do this anymore.
Just hope for the best and don't take lack of progress or communication so personally. They'll show us stuff when they want to, they don't owe us anything.

Entertainment creators rarely release anything more than a few sneak peeks here and there. Just because we haven't seen any progress, doesn't mean there isn't any.
At the end of the day, the people working on this are literally just employees doing their job, there's no reason to assume they're working any less or any more than any other regular person does at their job. About that statement about a beta, doesn't sound like they said they would be releasing that beta to the public. Big game developers almost never do this anymore.
Just hope for the best and don't take lack of progress or communication so personally. They'll show us stuff when they want to, they don't owe us anything.

Well, the 'public' beta that is like how Classic WoW has now is 'approved' by their own words, I think they'll atleast use 3 months of testing before the official release (again like they mostly did with WoW and stuff they test 'betas' atleast 3 months), I would not be that 'pissed' if they never said a word about 'spring beta' but when it's said it is atleast not moral to not give any information about it. And to be earliest the beta arrives and longer it lasts, the chances of getting a 'decent game with minimum bugs' increases.

not moral to not give any information about it
lol come on, how can you take this stuff so seriously, how is this a question of morality at all, they just shared their plans/predictions for the progress of development. Whether or not you like the way they handle their PR, it's just a company communicating about their activities, nothing more, nothing less.

lol come on, how can you take this stuff so seriously, how is this a question of morality at all, they just shared their plans/predictions for the progress of development. Whether or not you like the way they handle their PR, it's just a company communicating about their activities, nothing more, nothing less.

Again ,yes it is nothing more nothing less it could not have been said to avoid the arguments, or just a little bit of explanation like 'sorry, we are taking that word back' would be alot nicer than radio silence. But once it is said, it gives some sort of responsibility nonetheless

Again ,yes it is nothing more nothing less it could not have been said to avoid the arguments, or just a little bit of explanation like 'sorry, we are taking that word back' would be alot nicer than radio silence. But once it is said, it gives some sort of responsibility nonetheless
Look, you're making a bunch of assumption based on what they said, and then you're getting upset that they're not delivering on your assumptions. They never said they would have a public beta, or that they would let us know when they entered the beta stage.

Reactions: pyf
Level 6
I think they know that they 'failed' so hard too and doing nothing to change it let's go back to Blizzcon interviews:

Pete Stillwell: We are hoping to deliver 1.31 the last patch before Reforged at February
-Arrived at May

Pete Stillwell: We will have a beta, more like an alpha hopefully at Spring
-Spring ends in 2 days

I see no reason to trust they are working hard.

You seem to only believe what you want to believe.
Your arguments are incredibly far-fetched. The release of Witcher 3 got delayed back then and it still was a great game in the opinion of many.
There have been many games where the development was clouded in silence for several months or years and they still came out great.
Do not jump to conclusions before having even the slightest of evidence.
The fact that they are not telling the players a lot may be unpleasant for your personal safezone, but still does not mean anything about the state of their work or their game.

Look, you're making a bunch of assumption based on what they said, and then you're getting upset that they're not delivering on your assumptions. They never said they would have a public beta, or that they would let us know when they entered the beta stage.

Please comment if you have more info and I will add it to the list.

Well, here is the confirmation of public beta, about game, classic is ofcourse always good that's why we are here but Reforged 'from what we have seen so far' atleast artwise was not looking great and I hope they'll really open that beta soon so people can give feedback about art,

Level 6
What do you think about Blizzard saying that they wont release anything big this year ?
Does it me that wc3r can be delayed?
Isn't it against EU law about preorders?

They meant with that, that they will not release any big new standalone game this year and that they will focus mainly on WoW Classic and Wc3 Reforged.
However, timeframes can always be miscalculated and we will probably know more the next time we hear something from them again.

Level 3
What do you think they will do with the old campaign? And what's with their promise that you will be able to play the new Reforged campaign in SD (standard definition)?

I started a thread on the official forums where I explain my predictions and questions in detail (link).

My prediction is that a Reforged account will only have the official access to the new campaign, both in HD and SD.

Whereas a pre-Reforged account will only have the official access to the old campaign in SD.

But as the game is the same, a Reforged account will still be able to play a custom campaign that fully resembles the old campaign, both in HD and SD. The same goes for a pre-Reforged account that will be able to play the new campaign unofficially, just only in SD!

My question, however, is how the new campaign in SD will deal with cutscenes.

The only counter-argument is that I understand Blizzard incorrectly and a Reforged account will not be able to play the new campaign in SD (but choosing SD, you will get the old campaign). My response is that it would run contrary to the Blizzard ideal of deleting everything old (vanilla WoW is an exception to the rule) and not directly promoting two contradicting versions of the story at the same time.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
What do you think they will do with the old campaign? And what's with their promise that you will be able to play the new Reforged campaign in SD (standard definition)?
I think it'll be like with StarCraft: Remastered. You'll be able to play SD with a non-Reforged key and play Reforged material (including the custom scene) and standard/classic material with a Reforged key.

Level 12
Before making any assumptions, I'd appreciate if someone could clarify one thing to me. Regardless of having bought both RoC and TFT long ago, I still have to pay the full price for Reforged as a "new customer", and not only "upgrade" to get the new content (what I already have + via upgrade I get access to Reforged) as a "veteran"?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Before making any assumptions, I'd appreciate if someone could clarify one thing to me. Regardless of having bought both RoC and TFT long ago, I still have to pay the full price for Reforged as a "new customer", and not only "upgrade" to get the new content (what I already have + via upgrade I get access to Reforged) as a "veteran"?
Veterans are bad business.

Level 20
Maybe if you're from the USA.
Nah...

If for whatever reason you don't want to buy Reforged anymore, you can contact Blizzard's customer support to cancel your preorder and get a refund. I've never heard of anyone having issues with that*.

However, if @Whisper was asking if we will get compensated for the delay - it's very, very, very unlikely. You will either have to accept the delay or cancel the preorder to get a refund.

Also @PrinceOfThaWest - as far as I'm aware, there are no unique bonuses or discounts for people who already owned Warcraft 3 before Reforged pre-orders became available.

EDIT:
*The only instance in which I could see Blizzard being reluctant to give someone a refund is if that person didn't have the classic W3 on his account and thus already received part of the "ordered product".

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
@Archian: do we have another source of information which could substantiate the fact that an estimated release date for WC3:R could very eventually be November 2, 2019? (or even the year 2019)

If I understand correctly, this date was based on deductive logic; but the source on which this deduction was based, proved to be unreliable in the end?

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I did some more research regarding the "release must be within a year from the prepurchase date". The original source seemed unreliable after more research. The original source also seems to have been removed.
It was a YouTube film that did have links in the description, but I have been unable to find those links again or the YouTube video.

Fact is, that Warcraft 3 Reforged is scheduled to release on or before December 31, 2019. Preorder or prepurchase laws seems to indicate that the company who is selling a product not yet released must give an estimated release date. The customer who prepurchase a game must have an idea when to expect to receive their order. There doesn't seem to be a specific time limit for estimated release dates. Only that a release date must not be vague like "Coming soon".

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Fact is, that Warcraft 3 Reforged is scheduled to release on or before December 31, 2019. Preorder or prepurchase laws seems to indicate that the company who is selling a product not yet released must give an estimated release date. The customer who prepurchase a game must have an idea when to expect to receive their order. There doesn't seem to be a specific time limit for estimated release dates. Only that a release date must not be vague like "Coming soon".
Why not ask Blizzard directly then?

Why not ask Blizzard directly then?

Yeah exactly since they are in touch I think he can get a clear answer, also I don't think a youtube video with reliable sources disappearing does not mean it becomes unreliable unless the law has changed. What I suspected was removal of the date being ordered by Blizzard by the way

Level 11
Hmm I understand them adding some additional female versions of existing characters (though I hope there will be an option to choose between male and female versions), but why female Illidan? That model is quite obviously Illdan, and not normal Demon Hunter. Unless, I guess, they are making female alternatives for all characters, for role-play reasons? But why are there no Night Elf Archer male models, then? I would really like that. Like, if you are doing this, either go all the way, or not have it at all.

Hmm I understand them adding some additional female versions of existing characters (though I hope there will be an option to choose between male and female versions), but why female Illidan? That model is quite obviously Illdan, and not normal Demon Hunter. Unless, I guess, they are making female alternatives for all characters, for role-play reasons? But why are there no Night Elf Archer male models, then? I would really like that. Like, if you are doing this, either go all the way, or not have it at all.

Actually Night Elves were never supposed to have male archers\hunters\warriors and female druids, WoW added them only for gameplay reasons , it is even stated by Chris Metzen if I remember correctly they are next to non existant in WoW too

Level 11
Actually Night Elves were never supposed to have male archers\hunters\warriors and female druids, WoW added them only for gameplay reasons , it is even stated by Chris Metzen if I remember correctly they are next to non existant in WoW too
Well, that's my point - they are doing this for role-play reasons, I assume. And just like there were no male Night Elf Archers in any games, there was no female Illidan. In general, the entire idea is... strange, to say the least. Does this only apply to generic Custom game heroes, or Campaign ones as well? Are they going to make alternative sound sets for each hero, as well? Hell, for Campaign heroes they would need to change the entire campaign to accommodate, say, a female Illidan, or Arthas. Also, are they making Priestess of the Moon and Sylvannas male versions, too?

It's a hassle, and I don't imagine that getting much popularity. And thus, why is this needed at all? No one really asked for this, and seemingly, this is not even going to be done thoroughly (not all heroes are going to have this option), so why bother at all?

Level 13
It's not female Illidan. It's just the Demon Hunter in melee maps. Campaign heroes will have their own skin, but only one skin. She looks like Illidan, because the Demon Hunter will be Illidan from Heroes of the Storm, so they will all look like Illidan in some way. Illidan will have his own skin, and melee Demon Hunters will have a male and a female skin, maybe even multiple male skins. Campaign heroes won't have multiple skins, let alone genders, cause it would be just redicolous.

Male NE archers, huntresses, PotMs would be the weirdest thing ever... But also kinda hilarious.
This is WC3 and the whole point of Night Elves is feminism, that's why they're naked.

Level 12
That female demon hunter model has nothing to do with Illidan, except taking his "metamorphosis" form from WoW, which all Demon Hunter class players are able to achieve by the way.

In all honesty that model looks more like the female character I currently play in WoW than it does resemble Illidan.

It's just a skin variation, and a good one at that, for existing Demon Hunters. I bet they want to make those "winged half-metamorphosis" Demon Hunters available in melee maps as well.

Level 4
Honestly the most intresting mechanic they should add is if you own a different skin than the original you have a chance that the unit you make spawn with either the original or an alternative you own. This mechanic is already use with Dark Templars in ST2 who can spawns with two different skins.
This would had a lot of variety in the appareance of your army.

Level 4
I really don’t understand how you can have confusion. I played st 2 for a while and Blizzard is enought good to make skin that stays in the same design. This not like the unit would hand up with a blade instead of a bow or a staff instead. That is really a poor argument that is a really too much use.

A Warcraft III: Reforged build has appeared, these are the first two images! (Source: Back2Warcraft)

72353128_3071121326234660_7218098312258256896_n.jpg

72942223_3071121352901324_6113667697092853760_n.jpg

Level 2
"Players who own the original Warcraft 3 will be able to play against those who own Warcraft 3: Reforged, and vice versa."
Do this mean I won't need to buy this pseudoWoW RTS if I already have Wc3?

Status
Not open for further replies.