• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft III Reforged - What we know... so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
  • Players who own the original Warcraft 3 will be able to play against those who own Warcraft 3: Reforged, and vice versa.
  • Players can switch back and forth between the old graphics and the new ones.

Since this is happening, I am wondering about what will happen to the clans?
Will they be shared among both versions? Or will there be a new system?
I intend to get back into that so it would be nice to know about it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It has been confirmed that the art visuals are being outsourced to a Malaysian studio. Which is hiring right now to finish the night elves race.
The source is behind a login wall...
Edit: Only the Intro cinematic will get remade.
Makes sense since such cinematics are very costly to make, especially for a product that will never be sold at full price and will have limited player base.

Level 5
Quoted from the Lemon Sky Studio Facebook page: (login-wall)

"
NOW HIRING: "WARCRAFT III: REFORGED"

Three of the main playable races have been revealed for 'Warcraft III: Reforged': The Orcs, the Humans, and the Undead. Do you have what it takes to help us bring the fourth race, the mysterious and elusive Night Elves, to life?

We are looking for talented artists to help us breathe new life into Azeroth! Join us as we march towards the game's release in 2019. Drop your portfolio and latest CV to "(their e-mail address)"

Currently recruiting:

1. Animator
2. 3D Modeler
3. Concept artist

For more details about these vacancies, DM us!
"

Level 14
If you look at lemon sky studio website, one of their only fully developed game is basically a clone of the Warcraft universe. We have gone full circle.

My favorite:
spellbreaker.PNG

Last edited:
Level 5
If you look at lemon studio website, one of their only fully developed game is basically a clone of the Warcraft universe. We have gone full circle.

My favorite:
View attachment 309724
Heroes of Charge?? HAHA.. This is a Chinese mobile game 刀塔传奇(literally "legend of DotA") by Lilith Studio. I think all designs of characters in it are copyright infringement. Because apparently, copyright of DotA belongs to either Blizzard or Valve.

Level 14
@WeirdEditor

From their website:

heroescharges.PNG

Edit: I just looked into it and uCool (the company for which LS made the game) copied Lilith Studio game. Blizzard sued Lilith Studio while they sued uCool. This is resulted in a legal mess where basically Blizzard lost the case somehow (source). Today we have Warcraft 3 which is being made (at least visually) by a company who made the clone of a Chinese mobile game which itself copied the Wacraft universe so much that it looks traced.

Here are the two games side by side:
104156.jpg

Last edited:
Level 1
wow these news are sad, they dont even care to do the design on their own so they outsource it to a very trashy chinese studio...wow...so sad...

Reactions: pyf

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
New resolutions count as remastered? What is wrong with this world ...
WC3 supports all resolutions as is. The UI is being remastered to better suit the new resolutions such that pillar boxing approaches will not be required and it will look more modern.
Also, the company working on this created a copy of a copy of a Blizz game?
Oh the irony.
There may be reasons behind this. Anything from price to experience to prior track record. In any case they will certainly be offering Blizzard a better deal than any US or EU based company could...

Blizzard has outsourced artwork for ages. We all remember the StarCraft 2 Heart of the Swarm cinematic leaks due to an error made by the graphic company responsible for creating them.

Level 5
WC3 supports all resolutions as is. The UI is being remastered to better suit the new resolutions such that pillar boxing approaches will not be required and it will look more modern.
They mean cinematics. Only the intro sequence is remade and the rest will just get a HD version. Honestly don't think that's that big of a deal as people make it out to be.

Reactions: pyf
Level 1
New
Assuming original WC3 will also get the remastered cinematics, hopefully it will have the original remastered opening cinematic and not the new version.
Or at least a remastered version of the original opening cinematic should be released in some way.
wait up, so you are saying there is a chance it will be the new version instead of the remaster?

Level 11
Source: Blizzard WC3R Forum

12 unit selection cap will not be removed.
I can't say I'm not disappointed, it would have been a nice improvement, at least for campaigns and custom games.
This being said, I couldn't find Blizzard's post about it, could you provide a link please?

Level 11
Can we port our maps (with custom models, icons, skins etc) to reforged? Or we gona create new ones?
They said most maps should be compatible with both classic and Reforged versions. However, even if I suppose old custom assets will work in Reforged, they will look out of place and inconsistent with the rest of the remastered game.
So you may keep working on maps with current custom assets; all you'll have to do is warn people that they should play with the classic version. You may also make maps with no custom assets and these should be ported to Reforged easily, as far as we know.

Level 1
that awesome i hope they add more function with editor like make cooldown when takes damage (kelen's dagger dotA mechanic) instead replacing item.

That's also what I hope for. The world editor was such a mighty tool and I hope it will become even more powerful with the remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.