1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Group up and create a Warcraft hero based on a member of the Hive and win up to 100 rep and a rank icon. Enter the team contest now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Music Contest #8 Results are out! Congratulate the creators of Hive's coolest soundtracks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The results for Mini-Mapping Contest #14 is up! Congratulate the winners here!
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.28.3 & 1.28.4

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Jun 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Warcraft 3 Patch 1.28.3 / 1.28.4 is LIVE
    Link to Patch 1.28.3 / 128.4 battle.net post

The game turn rate being lowered is perhaps the biggest update in this, as it dramatically reduces the lag / delay in battle.net for both melee and custom game players. User MindWorX found this out a little over a month ago, that the 250ms delay would be reduced to 100ms, and it's been confirmed. This was perhaps the most suggested fix in the entire battle.net community, especially in the competitive scene where minimal delay is of extreme importance. And it's finally here!

You can also now switch between The Frozen Throne and Reign of Chaos in game, in addition to what was said in the patch notes about the editor.

Next up, there are more compatibility and quality of life changes which can hopefully both make the patching process and game itself run easier. Perhaps not so exciting, but it's good that this stuff is being prioritized as well.

If there's any new information that arises, before and after the patch is live, we'll make sure to update it!

BattleNet Latency Reduction

UPDATE: Patch 1.28.4 released, hot fixes some things. ~Updating thread.
    Addressing Windows XP issue
    Windows XP Issue Resolved

UPDATE 2: The import manager in the editor isn't working for some right now, so while we wait for Blizzard's fix, you can use the WEX editor as it works there.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Things are continuing to improve (says the guy who still hasn't patched lawl)

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unit turn rate :D?

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow, something remotely useful for once.
    Nice.

5. thorlar

thorlar

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. Frotty

Frotty

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    @thorlar jngp was working the whole time, you just needed to modify your mpqs or use Wurstpack/WEX

All JNPGs seem broke now. Even when I copy the .exe files with expected names, I get a "cannot redicrect" error which is from grimoire cpp code and not fixable in the lua files.
    And the grimoire repo is deemed hard to build iirc. Guess WEX it is.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  7. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^ Confirmed. Thankfully i have a 1.27 backup version lying around.

8. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^for map making i have stored 1.27 before 1.28.0 rolled out too.
    Right of the bat i have some feedback:
    -Every time games are switched wc3 thinks its first run changing graphical settings to pure potato(800x600 and everything at low) amd plays Blizzard logo. It also forgets Bnet nickname. It happens on every switch.
    -my friend had some issues
    [​IMG]

For now i have nothing more its to late tonight to play it on bnet to spot other possible issues(i hope that there are none aside from this)
    On sidenote awitch button is rather ugly and blurry, also it may be just my "eye vision OCD" but icon upsets the colour schemes of reslective main menues xS
    However its not important. It was more handy for me to have2 icons to run RoC right away if needed, world edit exes fusion is good tho. I never understood why it had two separate(both launched tft editor so...)executables.

"Alzheimer" bug eith settings, running and bnet logon are most imoortant.
    I hope that feedback helps

9. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Kacpa2
    For most of the stuff you mentioned, can't you just change it in the video settings?

10. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's bothersome to have to change the settings every time. I get the same issue.

11. anufis

anufis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still can't connect to battle.net with cyrillic username in Windows, also my save-folder was deleted completely and each time I launch the game, it shows me that I have 0 created users.
    [​IMG]

Edit: I found save folder in C:\Users\MyUserName\Saved Games\Warcraft III but game still shows me 0 user profiles
    I tested all of this by launching game with Warcraft III.exe. When I start "Warcraft III Launcher.exe" I see following error
    [​IMG]

Edit 2: Tested launcher with non-cyrillic account, everything works fine.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  12. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If you simply copied warcraft 3 (not installed), open maps in Win-explorer might not load them into world Editor anymore.
    This can be fixed by updating the reference of auto open (if you previously refered to WorldEdit.exe) and changing something in regedit.exe.

Regedit on your own Risk

in the two lines below Replace C:\Spiele\Warcraft III\World Editor.exe with your Warcraft 3 Path keeping it inside ""

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Applications\World Editor.exe\shell\open\command\"C:\Spiele\Warcraft III\World Editor.exe" -loadfile "%1"
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\World Editor.exe\shell\open\command\"C:\Spiele\Warcraft III\World Editor.exe" -loadfile "%1"

13. HB.

HB.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does StealthBot run for anybody?

14. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Programs such as the model editor no longer have access to the wc3 mpqs. No matter what program I want to chose the MPQ's, they seem non accesible. I already tried everything with admin rights, regaining ownerships and so on. Only program I was able to get to work with the MPQS was Mdlvis.

If I try to load an MPQ manually in Magos it works, but only as long as I have the window open. Stuff that is present in every MPQ like the teamcolour texture files are not loaded at all.

Additonally, neither sharpraft nor JPEG seem to work now, as the exe files of the map editor and the exe files of the game have changed. Literally everything seems broken for me rn. Not able to switch back too.

15. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Magos' ME works just fine for me. I can even fast access the standard .mopaq files and can even export things from there.

EDIT: I've put all the mpq files in the same folder that 'War3ModelEditor.exe' is in and maybe that's why it works for me.

The only thing that's really bizzare for me is that the World Editor refuses to import a file:

German_Mistake.png

([German version, excuse me]"Import failed: Cannot copy file to: [...]")
    Weird.

16. MatiS

MatiS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    My WE cannot save campaign files :-(
    [​IMG]

17. Abovegame

Abovegame

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Could we manually import the models somehow, as in editing the map data ?

18. Tharifas

Tharifas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Damn, it's true, I can't import files anymore :/

19. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Can't seem to be able to create variables with 2 arrays anymore, any one else has this issue?

20. OnyxTheDark

OnyxTheDark

Resources:
    Resources:
    I still got the "email service" message, and I don't know where it comes from
    By the way, the Wc3 Icon is the ROC icon, and not the TFT one

Attached Files: