• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.28.3 & 1.28.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
w4d0UT2.png
Warcraft 3 Patch 1.28.3 / 1.28.4 is LIVE
Link to Patch 1.28.3 / 128.4 battle.net post

The game turn rate being lowered is perhaps the biggest update in this, as it dramatically reduces the lag / delay in battle.net for both melee and custom game players. User MindWorX found this out a little over a month ago, that the 250ms delay would be reduced to 100ms, and it's been confirmed. This was perhaps the most suggested fix in the entire battle.net community, especially in the competitive scene where minimal delay is of extreme importance. And it's finally here!

You can also now switch between The Frozen Throne and Reign of Chaos in game, in addition to what was said in the patch notes about the editor.

Next up, there are more compatibility and quality of life changes which can hopefully both make the patching process and game itself run easier. Perhaps not so exciting, but it's good that this stuff is being prioritized as well.

If there's any new information that arises, before and after the patch is live, we'll make sure to update it!

BattleNet Latency Reduction

UPDATE: Patch 1.28.4 released, hot fixes some things. ~Updating thread.
Addressing Windows XP issue
Windows XP Issue Resolved

UPDATE 2: The import manager in the editor isn't working for some right now, so while we wait for Blizzard's fix, you can use the WEX editor as it works there.

Last edited:
Level 23
@thorlar jngp was working the whole time, you just needed to modify your mpqs or use Wurstpack/WEX

All JNPGs seem broke now. Even when I copy the .exe files with expected names, I get a "cannot redicrect" error which is from grimoire cpp code and not fixable in the lua files.
And the grimoire repo is deemed hard to build iirc. Guess WEX it is.

Last edited:
Level 14
^for map making i have stored 1.27 before 1.28.0 rolled out too.
Right of the bat i have some feedback:
-Every time games are switched wc3 thinks its first run changing graphical settings to pure potato(800x600 and everything at low) amd plays Blizzard logo. It also forgets Bnet nickname. It happens on every switch.
-my friend had some issues
unknown.png

For now i have nothing more its to late tonight to play it on bnet to spot other possible issues(i hope that there are none aside from this)
On sidenote awitch button is rather ugly and blurry, also it may be just my "eye vision OCD" but icon upsets the colour schemes of reslective main menues xS
However its not important. It was more handy for me to have2 icons to run RoC right away if needed, world edit exes fusion is good tho. I never understood why it had two separate(both launched tft editor so...)executables.

"Alzheimer" bug eith settings, running and bnet logon are most imoortant.
I hope that feedback helps

Level 5
Still can't connect to battle.net with cyrillic username in Windows, also my save-folder was deleted completely and each time I launch the game, it shows me that I have 0 created users.
76ea37be92.jpg

Edit: I found save folder in C:\Users\MyUserName\Saved Games\Warcraft III but game still shows me 0 user profiles
I tested all of this by launching game with Warcraft III.exe. When I start "Warcraft III Launcher.exe" I see following error
990751aab2.jpg

Edit 2: Tested launcher with non-cyrillic account, everything works fine.

Last edited:
If you simply copied warcraft 3 (not installed), open maps in Win-explorer might not load them into world Editor anymore.
This can be fixed by updating the reference of auto open (if you previously refered to WorldEdit.exe) and changing something in regedit.exe.

in the two lines below Replace C:\Spiele\Warcraft III\World Editor.exe with your Warcraft 3 Path keeping it inside ""

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Applications\World Editor.exe\shell\open\command\"C:\Spiele\Warcraft III\World Editor.exe" -loadfile "%1"
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\World Editor.exe\shell\open\command\"C:\Spiele\Warcraft III\World Editor.exe" -loadfile "%1"

Last edited:
Level 51
Programs such as the model editor no longer have access to the wc3 mpqs. No matter what program I want to chose the MPQ's, they seem non accesible. I already tried everything with admin rights, regaining ownerships and so on. Only program I was able to get to work with the MPQS was Mdlvis.

If I try to load an MPQ manually in Magos it works, but only as long as I have the window open. Stuff that is present in every MPQ like the teamcolour texture files are not loaded at all.

Additonally, neither sharpraft nor JPEG seem to work now, as the exe files of the map editor and the exe files of the game have changed. Literally everything seems broken for me rn. Not able to switch back too.

Programs such as the model editor no longer have access to the wc3 mpqs. No matter what program I want to chose the MPQ's, they seem non accesible. I already tried everything with admin rights, regaining ownerships and so on. Only program I was able to get to work with the MPQS was Mdlvis.

If I try to load an MPQ manually in Magos it works, but only as long as I have the window open. Stuff that is present in every MPQ like the teamcolour texture files are not loaded at all.

Additonally, neither sharpraft nor JPEG seem to work now, as the exe files of the map editor and the exe files of the game have changed. Literally everything seems broken for me rn. Not able to switch back too.

Magos' ME works just fine for me. I can even fast access the standard .mopaq files and can even export things from there.

EDIT: I've put all the mpq files in the same folder that 'War3ModelEditor.exe' is in and maybe that's why it works for me.

The only thing that's really bizzare for me is that the World Editor refuses to import a file:

German_Mistake.png

([German version, excuse me]"Import failed: Cannot copy file to: [...]")
Weird.

Last edited:
Level 12
Iv'e encountered a very annoying melee bug in this patch.

Usually when I issue the A-click move command at a point filled with trees, with units that CAN'T target trees, like hippogryphs, the units will understand that I want to attack the point of my click and not the trees that happen to be there. Though since this new patch, if a-click move to a point with trees, I will receive the error message "cannot target trees" and the units will not move. It is extremely annoying if you are in an aerial battle over some trees and you are trying micro, because you basically cannot issue commands properly.

Level 6
Iv'e encountered a very annoying melee bug in this patch.

Usually when I issue the A-click move command at a point filled with trees, with units that CAN'T target trees, like hippogryphs, the units will understand that I want to attack the point of my click and not the trees that happen to be there. Though since this new patch, if a-click move to a point with trees, I will receive the error message "cannot target trees" and the units will not move. It is extremely annoying if you are in an aerial battle over some trees and you are trying micro, because you basically cannot issue commands properly.

Patch notes do not describe any change that could affect playability.

I know this is something it has already been talked here but I seriously think they should include FULL LOG of changes so we have better understanding of what's going on.

This would improve everything in both sides of the game, devs and players.

Level 3
Hello, after the update, playing a custom game and when i wanted to join a new custom map it said "Lost internet connection" and now i cant join the battle.net anymore. It keeps saying i need internet connection but i have...

Tried by starting as administrator too. Can anyone help ?

Edit: Well now it works suddenly.

But now i cant whisper anyone ingame -.-

Edit2: Ok restarting game fixed the whisper bug too.

Last edited:
Level 32
Hello, after the update, playing a custom game and when i wanted to join a new custom map it said "Lost internet connection" and now i cant join the battle.net anymore. It keeps saying i need internet connection but i have...

Tried by starting as administrator too. Can anyone help ?
Are you this doesn't have to do with the bots? Sometimes, when you copy and paste game names from a website, like makemehost, it copies some code which BNet detects as malicious.

Level 12
Patch notes do not describe any change that could affect playability.

I know this is something it has already been talked here but I seriously think they should include FULL LOG of changes so we have better understanding of what's going on.

This would improve everything in both sides of the game, devs and players.

It might have been something in the back end that they changed that accidentally messed this up, like how they messed up the order IDs a few patched ago, while doing something completely unrelated to it

Level 2
Hello,

I would like to suggest a change to be implemented in future patches (related to sound settings / unit responses):

Sound Settings / Unit responses - when on - volume of the speach of the units and heroes is too high (it happens to be higher than the rest of the game sounds - it overrides the rest of the sound). This forces players either to lower master volume in order not to be too annoying // or turn off unit responses to be able to hear game sounds properly.
However unit responses is essencial to gameplay.

Therefore if possible an option to set volume level for unit speech and responses separately (not to be related to game sounds) would be very useful. Volume of unit speech and responses could be regulated separately in Sound Settings to allow the rest of the game sounds to be propely heard.
Otherwise if unit responses is turned off completely - players are not receiving sound notification for new units that are built - this impacts gameplay significantly.

Alternatively - sound notifications when a new unit is built could be always on - same as notifications for Building/Research complete (both are always on - in other words - trained units to be included to Building Sounds). Unit Responses option in Sound Options could be changed to turn on/off only Unit Speach (only when a unit is selected and commands are issued) - not affecting new trained units.

Also another useful option would be a shortcut that would allow to toggle Helath Bars of units on/off ingame (for example Ctrl+[ for allied units // Ctrl+] for enemy units and another shortcut for all units). Without that players need to hold ALT; [ and ] keys throughout the game - this also has impact on gameplay.

Thank you

Last edited:
Level 1
Great job with reducing the delay <3 greatly appreciated.

I would like to see a change in the automatic match making system tho, finding games after you get good stats is very hard, in TFT/ROC.

Level 51
Try putting the war3 mpqs in the same folder of ModelEditor and it might do the trick.

They are and have been for >6 years now. I never knew were the program really pulled the mpqs as you can not see a path. When I click on the inbuilt mpq browser and select an mpq, it gives me an error message that the mpq from the new wc3 folder (the one on my external drive which I have installed it on for a while now) can not be loaded. I didn't change anything at all, just updated wc3.

Edit: figured out a small solution. I can now load them from the quick list in the editor, somehow the new update removed one Warcraft III folder (just the folder where the other warcraft III folder was in) so the path got messed up. Magos does still not load textures when opening models, and when clicking on them in the texture manager the textures can not be found.

NVM, everything works again.

Last edited:
Level 3
Personally, I'm reffering to the bug that JNGP cant see warcraft anymore, cos they renamed worldedit.exe and renaming it back doesnt help and just gives a new error.

Level 4
"New installers available for PC and MAC" - does this mean, if I download Warcraft 3 from my Blizzard account, it will directly install 1.28.3? I can not see it in advance because the download file is named "Warcraft-III-Setup.exe".
Also, did anyone gather any experience with installing this? Is it working better than the patching progress of 1.27. to 1.28.? (where we also had to download the full client in the end)
The thing is, since 1.28 my World Edit can not associate maps with the editor anymore. It was just totally overgoing my assignment order... so I did that directly in the registry and it worked... but now with 1.28.3/4 it broke again and I can not link it in the registry anymore... it will always open an empty map only -.- (reinstalling after 1.28 didn't solve the problem earlier)

Level 6
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271398167814209547/327889740869402624/image.png

1: Opened replay folder
2: Attempts to watch a replay
3: Error message, "Warcraft III was unable to initialize."

Another issue: Switching between RoC and TFT (via button beside Single Player) puts all your settings back to default.

(Note, I have not experienced any of these errors. These were all experienced by friends of mine without Hive accounts.)

Status
Not open for further replies.