• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use 1 old working cd key of Roc since more then 10 years, and 1 newly digitaly purchased(maybe 1 year ago).I had no problem playing wc3 online on official bnet on all realms,on any previous versions ,until now,when i unnistal and trying 2 days to install again:D

Should i buy both cd keys digitaly? Tnx for direct link,friend already sent me.

News : I installed wc3 from app you sent ,then wrote cd keys.Then ,,Warcraft 3 was unable to initialize. Error 0.

Does anyone having some issues with this new patch about installing , starting on windows 10 for example ?

Sorry i am disturbing again, kinda lost hope and patience. Tnx for any help you provided :)

Level 4
No more crashes.
The only issue now is the sound triggers, EotA has a song that plays on the hero selection phase at the start, now it doesn't (there are other triggers but that's the easiest to spot failing).

Did the patch notes specify OpenGL support drop? otherwise I don't understand avoiding the issue mentioning other options instead of just saying "no more OpenGL" or "it will be fixed"

Last edited:
We are looking at sound issues.

OpenGL is no longer supported by OpenGL.org. The OS and drivers and HW are not designed around opengl 1.4 anymore. Much like the decision to drop XP support this aligns with the other Blizzard franchises and our industry.
OpenGL is not supported by OpenGL anymore?

So how do Mac clients play Wc3 then?

Is it possible to replace the rendering engine with Vulkan?

Thanks for making me unable to play a game I purachsed and played before just fine on this OS.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@Kam I fail to see any updates about the "error 0" problem. Is this something that the dev team is looking into? I believe I am not the only one to become annoyed with how these last patches has impacted the community. So far we've got sound problems, world editor and WC3 wont start due to the "error 0" problem and desyncs. Also, due to hardset doodad limits in the World Editor some map developers can't continue to work on their maps.

@Anachron Vulkan is the future.

@Kam I fail to see any updates about the "error 0" problem. Is this something that the dev team is looking into? I believe I am not the only one to become annoyed with how these last patches has impacted the community. So far we've got sound problems, world editor and WC3 wont start due to the "error 0" problem and desyncs. Also, due to hardset doodad limits in the World Editor some map developers can't continue to work on their maps.

Error 0 is a result of another instance of Warcraft III running - check your task manager. We are aware of the issue and are working on it.

There should be no more crashes related to FMOD but if you encounter any let us know. Miles was in a substantially broken state for most of it's lifespan so we are tuning FMOD to replicate behavior users are used to. If you have specific examples post them and we will look at them.

The doodad limit is a new issue to me. We did not decrease the existing limit. Would you provide an example map that was able to have doodads added in 1.29 and can't in 1.30?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Level 6
@Kam

I just updated my w3 in my desktop pc and got the famous error 0. Basically, after finishing the installation, a w3 process remained open. If you close the process and try to open w3, it will open again w3 process without doing anything. If you try to open w3 again, it will throw the error 0.

Opening w3 without internet (and without any other w3 instance), will launch w3 correctly.

Level 7
@Kam

The new desyncs are occuring when you play on one map and then play on another without restarting Warcraft 3, this is since the latest patch but not the one before. My 2nd post in this thread gave some examples of maps which cause them, but you should be able to reproduce it on a great number of custom maps judging by the number of people I'm seeing desync.

We fixed a number of desyncs in the 1.30.1 patch so we need reports from the current live patch.

My post was directed at the current live patch. The map still desyncs, and I have seen many people in discord mention they desync a lot on the current patch.

@Kam

The new desyncs are occuring when you play on one map and then play on another without restarting Warcraft 3, this is since the latest patch but not the one before. My 2nd post in this thread gave some examples of maps which cause them, but you should be able to reproduce it on a great number of custom maps judging by the number of people I'm seeing desync.

Apparently that helps but it doesn't stop everyone from desyncing.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] Miles was in a substantially broken state for most of it's lifespan so we are tuning FMOD to replicate behavior users are used to. [...]
Blizzard has been using Miles v6.1d (developed circa in late 2001) in Warcraft 3.

Since then, Rad Game Tools has kept developing the Miles Sound System:
Miles Sound System Development History

Starting with Patch 1.27b (released in December 2016), the original file mss32.dll was replaced by a signed version of it. But it was still that good old version 6.1d from the year 2001.

Level 12
The doodad limit is a new issue to me. We did not decrease the existing limit. Would you provide an example map that was able to have doodads added in 1.29 and can't in 1.30?
Any decent map-maker is using some sort of modded world editor, and that means they can remove the doodad limit with the press of a button.

However, because the standard world editor has this limit, maps that go past the limit can't be saved with the newer versions.

@Anachron Try -graphicsapi OpenGL2
The following program launch:
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III Public Test\Warcraft III.exe --game=w3t --gamepath=C:/Program Files/Warcraft III Public Test/ -graphicsapi OpenGL2 -uid w3t

To no success. It exactly uses 100% of one CPU. No window launches.

If I do that on the latest patch (non-ptr) the window launches but I get a crash: C7B2A582-EB41-4264-803F-9BC39285AF9B

Hope its helpful.

@Kam

I just updated my w3 in my desktop pc and got the famous error 0. Basically, after finishing the installation, a w3 process remained open. If you close the process and try to open w3, it will open again w3 process without doing anything. If you try to open w3 again, it will throw the error 0.

Opening w3 without internet (and without any other w3 instance), will launch w3 correctly.

I shuted all wc3 instanced didnt help me , but when i turn off internet it WORKS :) . It solved my problem so i can play 1 game tonight after 2 days of struggle with this patch. Still , its an issue for blizz classic team to solve , cause game should be simple and stable ,click and play .Anyway tnx for community and Kam for help

Now new problem occurs which i cant solve : In video options of wc3 i cant change resolution , its 1024x768 by default unclicakble ... But screen its self look same,cuted side bars....

I heard someone mention -nativefullscr ,can this solve a thing ? Anyone can provide me with link , pictures,instructions how to solve.Tnx

@kantarion Please run the launcher again with internet connection, we recently fixed the 65% issue.

-nativefullscr can be applied by creating a shortcut to the Warcraft III.exe and then edit the Target line:

"C:\Users\Username\Yourpath\War3\1.30.1.10211-retail\Warcraft III.exe" -nativefullscr

Yes i can run it with internet now ! Tnx!

For the nativefullscr i dont understand few things. I create warcraft 3.exe shortcut , then i go properties,then i copy paste code you wrote.
Now : \Users\ i keep default name \Users\ . For \Username\ i put my desktop pc name , or my username that is used inside C disk Public-Local-Username Kantarion for example.

\Yourpath\ ----- do i go C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe

Or just \Program Files (x86)\ or \Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe\

I am rly noob, i dont try to disturb you tonight. Maybe some hive member can put screenshot and explain ..Tnx anyway!

Level 6
@Kam, alt-tabbing is so slow with nativefullscr that sometimes it doesn't play this "found game" sound when it finds one (or it plays it once you're in game already).

Also, without nativefullscr, w3 client simply doesn't open itself when a game is found.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@Kam Thanks for your many responses these past 24 hours, I don't think I'm alone in feeling that a lot of friction has evaporated. There has never been a Blizzard World Editor without a doodad limit, however NEWGEN doesn't work with the new patch so we are forced to work with the Blizzard World Editor now and while it has succeeded in many ways (when I work on my map it saves a whole lot quicker, thanks Classic Team!) it also has a hardlimit on how many doodads you can place inside of your map. This has restricted @Zwiebelchen from working on his map Gaias Retaliation, a very liked and frequently played map.

anyone figured why some maps that previously worked just throw error when you hover them now since first 1.30? because it's still happening

Please attach a map that replicates this behavior.

Just a question. Am I the only one that has mouse problem on resolution 1280x1024 or are other people? If there are do you plan on fixing that problem in the near future?

What exactly are the issues? Are you using -nativefullscr

@Kam Thanks for your many responses these past 24 hours, I don't think I'm alone in feeling that a lot of friction has evaporated. There has never been a Blizzard World Editor without a doodad limit, however NEWGEN doesn't work with the new patch so we are forced to work with the Blizzard World Editor now and while it has succeeded in many ways (when I work on my map it saves a whole lot quicker, thanks Classic Team!) it also has a hardlimit on how many doodads you can place inside of your map. This has restricted @Zwiebelchen from working on his map Gaias Retaliation, a very liked and frequently played map.

We will increase this in 1.31. @Zwiebelchen Is this preventing you from working at all? Can you work around it for now?

Download works now, thanks Kam!

Is there an ETA on when we will have a workable text editor (with native function browser and syntax highlighting)? Are there currently any tools which can facilitate this?

That is in development but won't be on live for some time.

Level 4

A map hosted on this very site, Hero of the Empire, had this issue with its previous versions. Thankfully the mapmaker made a swift new release that used a different map compression tool (I think?) which allowed the map to function as normal again. Attached to this post you find the version before that, which does not work at all on the new Warcraft patches.

Attachments

• 76_Hero_of_The_Emp.w3x
    7.6 MB · Views: 244
Level 1
This map right here is one out of many similar to the previous post right above this one. Many many maps act like this ever since 1.30 was released.
The first picture is from patch 1.28.5, the second picture is from this current patch, 1.30.1. However, the second picture is what would have been seen on 1.30 as well

This is what it looked like prior to 1.30:
upload_2018-9-19_15-27-15.png
And this is what it looks like now after patch 1.30:
upload_2018-9-19_15-31-15.png
When trying to host the map, this happens in 1.30.
upload_2018-9-19_15-49-38.png

Attachments

• U9_HM_RPG_v7.00.w3x
    17.8 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Level 4
Right after I updated to 1.30, this map (Undead Assault) does not play it's custom sounds properly anymore, majority is almost muted while others (mainly gunshots) are stopped right after beginning (only standard rifle works because it had an instant loud crack). Throwing "Ground Flares" (item with ability) no longer causes "radio beep" sound too, but the sound remains when objectives are given.
Well, this might be an issue on my side, but I also experience now severe FPS drop during playing.

Attachments

• Undead Assault II 1.5b beta 9 OW.w3x
    3.4 MB · Views: 99

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
We will increase this in 1.31. @Zwiebelchen Is this preventing you from working at all? Can you work around it for now?
While it does not prevent me from working on it from a technical point of view (I could work with multiple installations of WC3 as has been suggested), it's a huge pain in the ass to manage and adds a non-negligible amount of overhead. With an already tight schedule on my side, I personally decided not dealing with it for now and instead wait for the next patch to resolve these issues (mainly because I need the fixed item tooltip native and default-enabled local file support for what I'm trying to do for the next release).
I'm putting my trust in you guys you can fix this in a timely manner.
Remember that big projects are not the only thing that matters for the community now. If we remember the 90:10 rule, what was released with the newest patch has affected many other people aswell that might not outright say it here. So, yes, this is important and should be a priority (if you can't implement TESH right now, this is fine because it only affects mappers using vJASS, but the doodad limit is critical for a much larger amount of users).

Last edited:
Level 23
Well, this might be an issue on my side, but I also experience now severe FPS drop during playing.

Yea, I noticed this too but it's hard to confirm. The map i attached earlier (city defense) was noticeably more laggy than it used to.
I don't have any easy to reproduce example though.

it's a huge pain in the ass to manage and adds a non-negligible amount of overhead

It would be just a one-time setup, and then work - Wurstpack would even do it for you. But blizz prevented all these kinds of "automatic" compatibility now by removing all mpqs and other data that is required to build such a compatability wc3 install. Uploading them is probably not too good of an idea.

So yeah, while my jngp still works because saved my pre 1.29 game folder, I'm hoping for an official fix asap.

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
@Zwiebelchen I do not know how many doodads you are using, but I calculated that a map of maximum size (480x480) with great many doodads everywhere would end up somewhere between 150000–180000. Am I right?
It's currently around 50.000.

So yeah, while my jngp still works because saved my pre 1.29 game folder, I'm hoping for an official fix asap.
I have complete trust in Kam and MindWorX on that front and I have absolutely no problem remaining patient here.
I have been playing WC3 for over 15 years now. There is no reason for me to assume that I will suddenly lose interest in it.

I have complete trust in Kam and MindWorX on that front and I have absolutely no problem remaining patient here.
I have been playing WC3 for over 15 years now. There is no reason for me to assume that I will suddenly lose interest in it.

We appreciate the trust. It will be some time before we address non-critical bugs but we will get everything healed up.

Level 6
Is there a way to change standard interface hotkeys? I don't know since which patch I'm having this problem but some of the interface hotkeys are messed up.

I'm attaching an image with the Custom Games hotkey which should be "D" (from partiDa personalizada) in the Spanish w3 and currently is "N". Even the word is not well-written; it should be "personalizada".

Attachments

• 2k.png
    2k.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.