• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of Bugs & Issues for 1.30.1+

Level 6
When you are streaming with OBS and then you ALT + TAB so w3 is in the background, its being streamed like this.

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
Level 6
I just hosted a test game of my map about the Fall of Lordaeron.

It no longers recognize custom war3.mpq terrain art :( Solve it please. It ruins the game, u can walk over mountains and corrupt them.

Also, some triggers are fucked, like removing units from game when they die or tping units from a point to another one (the trigger works and change faction owner, but then doesnt move the unit...). Please solve this stuff, they ruin the game completly. Its unplayable!

Why do u touch stuff that is already working if you are going to screw it? The game was fine U.u

Level 6
upload_2019-6-1_7-6-15.png

When u open WE you see this... They have changed or added tons of values but forgot to add strings to it, so WE misses them all. How can they be so lazy to add values without names?...

Btw, talking about strings. When u save the map all skill strings are messed up and destroy the map.

Also, former pathability files are no longer read and the game is completly mad. I will explain it: I had mountain terrain wich was unwalkable and so u couldnt blight it. I had my map saved in old WE, and hosted the map in 1.31 battlenet. Well, everything looked fine, you CANT walk on mountains, but suddenly, that same terrain is affected by blight and u can walk over it. WTF? of course if u open the map in the new WE the terrain appears as walkable now. A competly mess.

Level 19
I'm getting constant visual glitches on the top half of the screen when using the x64 version of the game on fullscreen and windowed fullscreen.
It's as if parts of the screen get moved around or disappear.
The glitch stops for a couple of seconds when I take a screenshot

Edit: I just noticed that this happens only on my integrated GPU

Last edited:
Level 20
How's your work dealing with the newest patches? Any bugs or incompatibility issues?
Found an interesting one I should've picked up a few patches ago. One of my ridiculously old models was missing two pivot points (both attached to particles that were never used yet existed in the model because of carelessness-- we were all noobs at one point) seemed to have degenerated in functionality; I completely ignored that the game wasn't using the model's camera anymore, but now in 1.31 the game refused to show the model at all and then eventually crashed the map (for some reason it didn't crash it immediately or even before this patch).

Obviously that was my own dumb fault, but it may be a sign that Blizzard is altering the mdx rendering on some level now.

Level 20
This model no longer works:

King Terenas Menethil
I replied over there, but I will copy what I posted here because it potentially involves a missing texture.

"Objects\InventoryItems\PotofGold\GOLDCoin.blp" doesn't seem to exist in the new patch. If you change that to "Textures\GOLDCoin.blp" it will work again.

I used the Goblin Alchemist as a reference point and since that model still works correctly that would also mean the coin model/texture it occasionally uses should also still work, therefore this texture path.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Getting a unit weapon's integer field - attack targets allowed doesn't seem to be working, for both indexes 0 and 1. Looks like it is incomplete.
Why in the GUI action unit set dice number there is a grey "5"? xd

Level 3
Version 1.31 World Editor and I have a problem with placing random Hostile enemies... Everytime I select my theme for example "Barrens" and then click on the RandomUnit Spawn Icon it will select an other unit...

Here it selects always the : Medicine Man
Capture.PNG

Level 20
I haven't noticed any commonality with this yet, but I noticed when trying to mouse-over the Upgrade to Halls of the Dead button on my Necropolis half of it was being taken up by a mouse-over of the Upkeep tab from the top of the screen. It seemed to be a command button-sized space half over that Upgrade button and half in the border to where the item menu would be.

That's the only building I've consistently noticed this on so far.

Level 4
So my map was previously on ROC, and now that we're on TFT, the damage bonus table is completely different.

This table here shows that there is a difference between ROC/TFT,
Warcraft III - Basics -> Armor and Weapon Types

My gameplay constants haven't changed, as an example, all attacks should do full damage to medium armor, but piercing damage is doing reduced damage.

Level 6
Ok, my map: Fall of Lordaeron, was hosted yesterday by W3 lovers of a discord server. They enjoyed it for a bit more than 40 mins, then W3 froze and all of them where forced to be leave... Since they enjoyed the map a lot, they asked for a remake, and it was instantly filled, the game was launched (different host) and it lasted for 10 mins till it was, again, frozen.

WTF is this? What broke blizzard with the hotfix??

My map had had 0, zero, ZERO! Crashes, desyncs, kickings, frozens, whatever u want to call it, before the 1.31 hotfix. It was perfectly working and now it looks "unplayble" due to blizzard's bugs. I demand a fix, retribution, solutions!

Btw, as i said, the game was hosted by a discord server, and they have been playing other maps, before mine and after mine, and it looks like most of them (like all except one, and maybe due to luck), are freezing that way, sooner or later. Making them all unplayable.

Again, wtf is this?? They suppose that it has something to do with the "alt tab fix". Idk what it is, but it must be fixed or reverted at once. This LITERALLY destroys custom games.

It has been too much hours of work, and too much people loving it, to leave it unplayable just due to blizzard desire of pushing Reforged. Fix, vanilla, warcraft, 3. Now.

Level 6
I don't know. You should attach the map for testing here. Also, have everyone exit the game (.exe) and log back in to B.net to create the game with your map not play it after other maps. See if the same happens.

Here you have the version they were playing:

FoL 0.21 - Download - 4shared - Diego

I already have a warning to tell them no to alt tab, should i also warn them to relog in the lobby? God, it would be much more simple if blizzard do their job xD

Level 6
It sometimes happens that a gate will be copied over itself with the same name/number and variable designated to it when placing pathing blockers on/in it by holding shift (basically stacking doodads).
Is that like a "what could cause freeze in my map" or just a random report? xD

PD: If its just a report... Why would u hold sift when placing them then?

Greetings :)

Level 6
Then contact the author of the model? I mean, this hasn't anything to do with bugs and issues of wc3 specifically.
It has to do. It stoped working with 1.31. Is like the other model i reported: Terenas Menethil. It also stoped working at 1.31 and they discovered it was due to blizzard removing a texture (or changing its name), they fixed it in the last hotfix.

Level 20
Well when I looked for the missing Terenas texture I just replaced textures in the model one by one and imported them until the guy showed up. The same should hold true for the modified batrider.

In this case the regular Batrider that comes with the game still works correctly so there is something in the modified Batrider that is different from the original one.

ED: Okay this is funny. Apparently not only is the texture missing, Blizzard changed the Batrider to accommodate for that change. I noticed this because the modified Batrider is using all the same texture paths as the Batrider I extracted from the 1.26 MPQ, but when I pulled out the Batrider from the 1.31 CASC I noticed that change.

The missing texture is:
"Textures\GenericGlow2_mip1.blp"

The texture actually used now is:
"Textures\GenericGlow2.blp"

But wait! It gets even better-- Textures\GenericGlow2.blp" DOES NOT EXIST in the older MPQs.

If you want to make the model work RIGHT NOW, you can just change it to this:
"Textures\GenericGlow2b.blp"

Last edited:
Level 6
Blizzard must fix It as they did With terenas. In that case they have just renamed the gold coin texture for no reason, and when we reported It they just changed It back to its proper name. According to ur research is the same in this case, With genericglow2 texture. The question is why the fuck did they changed them?

On the other hand, i want to report that blizzard has bróken "something", custom games freeze after x time. We dont know why, is not one game, but nearly most of them. And those which dont freeze might be just luck or small ones. Several mapers have been talking and we dont know what is causing this freezing. It makes the maps un playable, is frustrating. Maybe blizzard changed how something should and when that is used in the wrong way the game freezes or maybe blizzard changed how something works and now is causing leaks.

We dont know, and we CANT know, we cant check every fucking aspect of massive games. Blizzard must fix It or tell us what they broke and what we should avoid. But Since it is affecting nearly all maps, we are quite sure is a core stuff blizzard broke.

Edit: I just wrote a not to blizzard in their patch notes. Please, go there and like it so they see it and, hopefully, fix it. The future of custom games is at stake.

1.31.1 Patch Notes

Last edited:
Level 5
Posting it a third time:

In Lua, GetEventTriggerId() doesn't equal to any EVENT_XXXX (i.e. EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_PICKUP_ITEM, EVENT_UNIT_PICKUP_ITEM), because they are of different types!!!! Devs from Blizzard plz respond if you see this.

This is a really weird and annoying bug.
When you use a generated unit variable in a custom script, it just disappears from the globals block and jasshelper throws an undeclared variable error for CreateUnitsForPlayerX and anywhere else.

Enable the trigger in the attached map to test this.

Edit: ok nvm, the global isn't generated until you reference the unit in GUI

Attachments

• test.w3m
    15.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Level 3
  • After opening map, selecting terrain with selection tool in terrain palette leads to editor crash.
  • Some tilesets from added custom tilesets become unselectable, I cannot change my brush texture, clicking texture icon does nothing (I noticed this bug in unit pallete too)
  • Copy and paste terrain does not work: editor crashes either when selecting terrain or pasting
  • THE MOST ANNOYING BUG: When using map in folder mode import path in test map do not set properly, in (listfile) paths are using forward slashes instead of backslashes resulting in unability to replace game resources like tilesets, unit skins, water textures, CommandFunc.txt.

Posting it a third time:

In Lua, GetEventTriggerId() doesn't equal to any EVENT_XXXX (i.e. EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_PICKUP_ITEM, EVENT_UNIT_PICKUP_ITEM), because they are of different types!!!! Devs from Blizzard plz respond if you see this.
You can compare handle id's of these and it will work

Last edited:
Level 6
The worst thing is not blizzard destroying everything. But blizzard not answering at all!! Is a fucking shame!

They should have already said days ago: "ok guys, we screwed It, we are sorry. But trust us, we are working on it and we will fix It soon. In X days u will have a new hotfix that solves everything and if we cant fix It we will revert the game to patch 1.28, keep sharing the Bugs we caused so we can fix them. Thanks for the feedbck, u make warcraft big, we have the best community and we wont fail you, see you soon! "

But no. They didnt. They just keep in silence, lurking, doing mean stuff and studying how to break our good old game a bit more. Disgusting

Level 6

Are u dumb? Is not conspiracy, is a fact they are ruining the game a bit more every day. I dont say they do It in purpose, i just say every idea they have and every thing they do, is destroying the game a bit.

And u and the rest should stop moking on me. I dont care if u keep insulting me or joking on me and u dont get a Ban. But while u make fun of me for criticizing blizzard's wrong behaviour, instead of going out there to expend ur energy in a protest agaisnt the company, they would keep doing nothing, puting no money or effort to fix what they broke and ur beloved game would be a bit more dead.

So yes, keep the memes coming instead of trying to defend warcraft, and in a few months no one would even see ur memes cause no one would keep coming to the forum of a dead game.

dude lighten up
it's ok to criticize, but honestly you're taking it way too seriously, they aren't out to hurt you, this is just a video game

i'm really tired of everyone acting like blizzard is trying to ruin their lives

Anyway, this is my last post about this here. I wanted to say that this is not the right thread to criticize anyway, but that would have been a bit hypocritical.

Level 3
It doesn't work.

This is trigger action from my map and it works
Lua:
if GetHandleId(GetTriggerEventId()) == GetHandleId(EVENT_GAME_ENTER_REGION) then
   StatSystem.addUnitStat("BASE", GetTriggerUnit(), "MOVE_SPEED", 522)
else
   StatSystem.addUnitStat("BASE", GetTriggerUnit(), "MOVE_SPEED", -522)
end

Level 5
This is trigger action from my map and it works
Lua:
if GetHandleId(GetTriggerEventId()) == GetHandleId(EVENT_GAME_ENTER_REGION) then
   StatSystem.addUnitStat("BASE", GetTriggerUnit(), "MOVE_SPEED", 522)
else
   StatSystem.addUnitStat("BASE", GetTriggerUnit(), "MOVE_SPEED", -522)
end
Yes you are right. But it is verbose, because you can overload operators in Lua.

Level 12
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but on the World Editor, sometimes clicking on one icon in the unit palette selects a different one a couple of rows above it. This makes it impossible to select certain units in the unit palette.

Level 9
Ok, my map: Fall of Lordaeron, was hosted yesterday by W3 lovers of a discord server. They enjoyed it for a bit more than 40 mins, then W3 froze and all of them where forced to be leave... Since they enjoyed the map a lot, they asked for a remake, and it was instantly filled, the game was launched (different host) and it lasted for 10 mins till it was, again, frozen.
Can confirm this bug, several other maps freezes too after some period of time.