1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31 announced

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, May 28, 2019.

1. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    From patch Warcraft perma lags for me, offline, in bnet chat/lobby, and in game. (someone from disord group has same experiene)

I have my desktop task bar at top (task bar=where some shortcuts, opened programs, and date/time etc is binded to). When I switch between warcraft <-> desktop using ALT+TAB, the task bar remains in warcraft, and won't go away. With having the task bar at bottom, like default, it will be hidden as expected when switching. (Win 8.1 Pro)
    I also experienced at some ALT+TAB switching, though not often (maybe 1 from 15-20 times from tests), that the Warcraft just stops responding, and I can't open it anymore. Need to kill task with task manager. Sorry, no more specifics found but that it happened with task bar on top.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @IcemanBo did you try fiddling with the video options, full screen etc.? If not try the commands in a Warcraft III.exe shortcut:
    • The ‘/’ command line argument flag is no longer supported (use ‘-’ instead)
    • Removed: -nativefullscr (Replacement: -windowmode fullscreen)
    • Removed: -fullscreen (Replacement: -windowmode windowedfullscreen)
    • Removed: -window (Replacement: -windowmode windowed)
    • Removed: -swtnl (Replacement: nothing, Warcraft uses hardware texture and lighting)
    • Removed: -d3d (Replacement: -graphicsapi Direct3D9 [May be removed in the future])
    • Remvoed: -opengl (Replacement: -graphicsapi OpenGL [May be removed in the future])

3. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have tried here and have been ignored. As for forum, I don't see posts related to maps not working

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then make one.

5. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I fixed all string corrupt problem. All you need to replace your map folder to documents folder>warcraft III>Maps>replace your map to here and open it from there on world editor.

Strings will not corrupt. They transfered map datas to your documents folder. I hope it will help

My map work well.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good! But you should be able to safely load it from anywhere.

7. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    They are clearly not being reported there, so that doesn't seem the right place

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You just have to be persistent and less restrictive with yourself:
    Custom Games

9. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    send help

[​IMG]

10. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Fullscreen yes/no, but others not really. But will try soon.

Patch 1.31 announced

===

For testing maps the WorldEditor tries to create map at "C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\Maps\Test" folder, which did not exist for me and so has lead to errors. I had to create "Maps" and "Test" folder myself there, and then it worked.

Also, going in WorldEditor -> Help -> Warcraft III World Editor Help throws an error:
    1.png

11. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    upload_2019-5-29_17-45-46.png

Its they who restrict ^^. Very useful to say map not working and not being able to link map.

12. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Kind of disappointed we still have no syntax highlighting and function list :( seems like a pretty trivial thing to implement, but obviously I could be wrong on that;

13. Gwy

Gwy

Resources:
    Resources:
    tkok map doenst appear in map folder when you play wc3.
    tkok is a very good rpg. any ideas?

14. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    True, but that would be a second option in which one has to devise them to simulate something that the editor does not have. There are many things that need to be added to the editor, but as I said hopefully these will be added little by little, in other patches.

15. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have. It was really challenging, and lags like crazy on a busy map... but I managed to make a mini-game where the water you are sailing in slowly drains away (i.e. I raise the ground up over the water line so it looks like the water is draining). You can see it here in my trailer:

EDIT: Go to 2:59 in the trailer

16. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Bugs are to be expected, although this particular string issue is quite bad and we are working on it.

We aren't going anywhere, bugs will be fixed.

17. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It seems that custom portraits for heroes are also broken. When I have a custom portrait called SomeModelName_Portrait.mdx, it gives the corresponding model a black(empty) portrait.

18. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    <3 love from here, hopefully the issues will be resolved.

19. blink

blink

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Is it just me or the BlzGetUnitAttackCooldown does not work properly?

20. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks great, they should add more functions for the height of the land, to make it easier to use. But I refer to increasing the level of height of the terrain, of which this generates cliffs and also the paths of descent and rise to these levels of ground height, so I saw no functions, and the terrain is defined only in the editor, and there are no real-time functions for this, but only for the texture of the terrain.