1. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch 1.31 announced

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, May 28, 2019.

1. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They just put out the patch notes for 1.31:

Read the full list here:
    1.31.0 Patch Notes

!! WARNING !!

Make sure to backup your map before saving it in the newest World Editor. There is currently a bug which can corrupt the string data in your map.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2019
  2. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Only one question left... When?

3. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That’s a big one folks. Maps as folders and Lua? Wow.

4. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Am I missing something? Wasn't this announced with the 1.31 PTR release?

5. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hype! hopefully the next minor patch contains smaller stuff that's missing like accessing children frames

6. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    They added new info about patch. And more detailed.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I'm waiting for it to go live as they say since the launcher doesn't tell me there's an update to be made.

EDIT: never mind. I had to use the launcher in another Warcraft III folder the last update made.

EDIT2: what do these commands actually do?
    -graphicsapi Direct3D9
    -graphicsapi OpenGL

I just chose the full screen ingame.

8. LordTalbot

LordTalbot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you please explain the desync problem a bit, or don't you know all of the reasons yet? i see that you have fixed desyncs for two maps but I have still no idea what causes them and how to fix it for map. Because now I only know that is experience extensive desyncs since rather late 2018 without changing my map and I have no clue how to fix it :/ I have completly stopped mapping for that reason even though I mapped since 2005.

I will try to get some players and see if the problem still exists with 1.3.1, but if you can tell that would be great.

Attached Files:

9. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's hope this spawns a Reforged Beta soon like in a week or two!

10. Marcraft22

Marcraft22

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will Lua integration mean the possibility to have a mouselook function like the one from the Starcraft 2 editor?

11. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    There seems to be a huge lag / delay when browsing through maps - as if loading the teams setup and map previews would take a lot of power to do.

EDIT: Seems the patch corruped my editor, can't launch it and "repair" doesn't fix it.

12. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Go to the warcraft install directory -> x86_64 (if you use 64bit OS) or only x86 folder, and from there you can find the matching WorldEditor.

13. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Figured it out. But somehow the object data of my map is just messed up completely. Gotta look into this.

So for some reason the object data has been moved around the map files and the maps are basically corrupted. Some ability names have been moved into a unit data fields like names or other descriptions.

Interesting.

14. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ***WARNING*** Make backups of your maps before you save them! Saving under the new patch may scramble your Object Data strings.

The new patch has butchered the campaign data in my campaign. For example, it erased all the proper names of one hero. A bunch of strings are misplaced, e.g. one ability is named (in the editor) all of the proper hero names for another unit. One ability that used to have a hotkey of "W" now has a hotkey of: "liquid fire"

I'm reluctant to spend the 20 hours it would take to repair all of this.

UPDATE: Weirdly, my backup files of the campaign seem unscrambled.

UPDATE 2: I exported the object data from the old version of the campaign and then imported it to the new version (with the triggers I've been working on). The data looked perfect when I imported it. Then I saved the campaign. Now the Object Data are messed up again, though not in precisely the same way. It seems like saving the campaign butchers it somehow.

UPDATE 3: Can confirm. I opened an old version of my campaign. The object data was perfect. I then saved the campaign. The object data was now scrambled.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  15. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I'm looking at hundreds of hours of work here so this isn't working properly - clearly. So what is the issue - how to avoid it?

16. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very weird. I checked my backup files (which were only a couple days old) and they all work fine. I'm wondering if I screwed it up by downloading the new patch while my editor was open. Remixer, was your map open when you downloaded the new one?

I tried restarting my computer...no luck, it's still scrambled. I might try exporting the object data from the old version and importing into the new version (I had made many chances since the backup, but not to the object files). I'll keep a backup of the scrambled version just in case.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well guys, why would you update a program while it's still running? Besides, it's an old game, not Battle.net 2.0.

Sorry, I hope you figure it out without losing too much.
    A quick glance on a 1.27 map of mine told me that there were no issues in the Object Data.

18. titans_zealot

titans_zealot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Whenever I see something like this update I feel so happy, but I know that you coders/designers who make Hive great are MUCH more excited over this, I just wish I could understand this more!

19. SharSash

SharSash

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have an issue that WE messes abilities, upgrades, etc descriptions/tooltips up. After i close and reopen the map it either fixed or messed up differently.
    Edit: I had made a backup before I downloaded the update.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  20. Kam

Kam

Blizzard Associate Producer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's a possible issue with map data being corrupted. Please save backups of your maps from 1.30.4.