1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31 announced

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, May 28, 2019.

1. Cryze666

Cryze666

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Razorclaw_X its only messing with custom data, as logn as u stick to using the standart units/spells/items/doodads u r fine and u wont notice that somethings is wrong

@Assassins-Creed i totally agree, the file explorer is ugly and u cant even right click the folder anymore and say "open in new window" probably one of my most used features when i needed to do a little edit on one of the models

2. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you guys for working on this. Can't wait to take it out for a spin. Especially hyped about the world editor enhancements.

3. Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I usually try to be positive with updates, but uh.
    How in the name of sanity is it even possible to screw up SO VERY HORRIBLY that data gets completely jumbled upon saving.
    This is way beyond bizarre.

4. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    As far as I can tell the object data is fine, but the problem is the map's string file (war3map.wts). The editor corrupts the string file and the objects end up pointing to the wrong string.

5. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We are looking at it. There will be a patch as soon as we fix the issues.

6. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What a hot mess.

Well besides strings and optimizer RIP everything else seems to work.
    I've heard rumours of lagg with the editor, can't confirm though.

Attached Files:

7. Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Druid Pouch +1 is the most optimal way to select game modes, especially when it gives you more strength and a random keg.

So I tried testing a map with Jass stuff, got an error on that, aaaaand this is what happened. Neat? The uh... last time I actually did anything was end 2017 though, and that was with... JNPG? I think it was? So that may have something to do with it.

Attached Files:

• neat.jpg
      neat.jpg
      File size:
      174.4 KB
      Views:
  8. Cryze666

Cryze666

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Nudl9 i am having hard laggs on big maps (+1k triggers, +400 variables, +25k doodads +75mb) and could get that confirmed by a few friends trying to open larger maps too

on smaller or medium sized maps we worked fine for me too, yet i didnt had any lagg issues before update even on large maps

9. titans_zealot

titans_zealot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh jeez, I must've misread the situation. Well I hope blizzard does good!

10. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last patch we spent 3 months with a broken game.

How many times do they have to kill custom games?
    How long before they fix 4v4?

We should have just had 1.29 until Reforged was actually released.
    Instead Blizzard chose to tear the good will with patch after patch by experimenting on the playerbase with botch jobs.
    Mapmakers want a stable climate and so do pro melee players.
    Its disrespectful to the playerbase that has been loyal for years and to potential customers.
    Im just so sick of it.

11. maddeem

maddeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    How about we stop ripping on a team that is trying to revive a 17 year old game. Give them time and have some patience. If you don't like it, develop your own game lmao

12. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How about we don't?
    We had a perfectly functional game before 1.30.
    Then they patched it and made everything broken and didn't fix it for months on end.
    The game is still riddled with bugs and dumb shit like this.
    We have every right to be pissed, the only way we can get this fixed is to be loud and whine as much as possible.

They're throwing us under the bus by making a once fully functional product subpar and expect us to pay for Reforged which adress all the problems they created in the first place.
    Its a despicable business practise and they need to be called out on it.
    This site is so infested with yes-men sometimes i can't believe it.

13. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How about they roll-back to the last stable patch until all the bugs are fixed?

And I am a software engineer. So don't come at me.
    Yes software development is hard. Legacy spaghetti code is hard.
    There are industry standards to help so that broken things are not rolled out. And it sometimes happens anyways because we're all human and make mistakes, so backups are kept and if something breaks, the backup is rolled back/restored. It seems that the current wc3 is not capable of doing rollbacks or something, and it may be a good idea to make this functionality.
    It also seems that proper testing is not being performed.

Y'know I always wonder why people say this nonsense. Like who started this dumb trend of saying this? Why is no one capable of the simple reasoning skills necessary to realize how wrong this statement is? Implying that you have to be a successful game developer to know whether a game is good or bad. That's not how... anything in life works, yet I see this stated all the time.

Like I'm not a pilot, but if I see a plane crash into a tree, I'm still pretty sure he fucked up. And Battle.net is currently broken, so guess what that means...

I don't believe they are messing up on purpose. But I do believe that they should not have made big patches until they were completely sure of the codebase they were working in.

P.S. most of the serious map developers (as in, the ones who have communities of 5000-10000+ players) are working and playing on 1.28.5 which is the last stable version. This is exactly the reason why. Because if you develop on an old version, they can't suddenly break everything in your map.

If you are not happy with what Blizzard is currently doing, join these communities and do not buy reforged. The only thing that matters to a company is what you do with your money.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  14. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Reforged is also a hot mess on release

15. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    BTW damage detection systems on the hive are currently broken (units never die using GDD). It does not seem that the new world editor contains damage detection natives even though the patch notes say it should:
    At least, it's not in GUI. Can't find the native in JASS if it exists.

Recommended to not do map development until things are more stable. If you save a map with the new wc3 editor, it may be corrupted permanently.

16. maddeem

maddeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I am not implying anything. I'll say it again. If you don't like it, develop your own game. Simple. I have no sympathy for whiners and complainers. At this point they are well aware of how fucked up their release was. There is no need to keep saying how bad it was unless you have a new issue to bring to the table.

17. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can repeat yourself all you want, your point makes no sense at all.

Someone's ability to create their own game has no relation to whether or not they should be allowed to express their frustration with WC3.

At least explain why you believe only game developers should be able to criticize game developers?

You're whining about people criticizing Blizzard.

18. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They clearly don't.
    Just roll back the patch.

Melee players get more changes nobody asked for.

Custom games is dead.

RoC is dead.

AT is dead.

I don't know about singleplayer campaign, but i've heard a lot of bugs concerning 1.30.

What is left? 1v1 melee.
    Like thats great and all, but they make up only a portion of the playerbase.

Edit:
    Even for 1v1 theres not much to be happy about.
    -Dagger is a clunky item that could have just been scroll of regeneration and adds micro to a micro heavy race
    -KOTG should have been reverted back to 1.28 instead they double down on their idiocy.
    -They dont make changes to obvious spells that need buffs: Thorns Aura, immolation, doom.
    -Instead we get nonsense changes that nerf already useless heroes like Firelord.
    -Replace 2 veto maps for 2 new veto maps.
    -Caving in to redditors and increase armor on all ring of protection by +1. Even gruby commented about how broken it was and he usually shows restraint in critisism.
    -Vampiric Aura effect increased from 15% to 20%, op changes for a level 4 item for the sake of "As a baseline, aura items should at least be the same as a level 1 hero ability. Since Devotion Aura and Vampiric Aura were buffed, we are increasing the effect of their respective aura items as well."

Like im not super into melee ladder, but these changes are so obvious once you crossreference peoples opinions with each other.

19. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    But the people updating the Campaign would notice this. Custom data is used in every map in both campaigns.

I find it difficult to put that much faith in a team that seems to push out patches that break things even their internal teams would have difficulties with dealing with.

The whole Arranged Teams situation is inexcusable; that would be like going to Diablo 2 and removing Act 2 for six months because of Duriel killing everyone walking into his room.

20. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    For those speaking Spanish, Furion still has an English soundset in the Spanish versions, people always talk about not being hard with the dev Team, but why the hell they mess with the soundsets in the 1.30 patch that was for online services.

The Shaman is in Spanish, The Miracle!