1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.31 PTR

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Apr 24, 2019.

1. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Patch 1.31 PTR Update

The long awaited patch 1.31 has arrived. This patch introduces many highly anticpated features to the World Editor. As always, with any patch on the Public Test Realm, please try to extensively test all of the features and report any bugs you may encounter.

Key Features
    • Lua scripting support.
    • Native damage detection and modification.
    • Maps can be saved and loaded as folders (as well as MPQs)
    • Object modification system API allows new changes to many items, abilities, units and more at run-time.
    • Added Custom User Interface functions to allow map makers to add, remove, and adjust UI frames.
    • Folders can now be nested in the Trigger Editor.
    • Tooltip previewer in the object editor.

More Information

You can find the complete patch notes for Patch 1.31 here.

Download: https://battle.net/download/getInst...ocale=enUS&version=PTR&gameProgram=WARCRAFT_3

Feedback

A new website has been created in order to streamline the feedback process for Warcraft III. It's completely optional, you can still voice your opinions in the patch discussion forum, but we hope the new site will help the developers get a better idea of what people actually want. It's still in Beta but the website will be gradually improved over time.

Warcraft III Feedback Site

By voting for suggestions you can attract attention to the most wanted features, so they will be pushed to the top.

Attached Files:

• 131.png
      131.png
      File size:
      425.5 KB
      Views:
    • common.j
      File size:
      342.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The madmen actually did it.

They even added bitwise support to JASS (not that I will be ever using JASS again ;)

Gotta give credit where credit is due. This is the kind of update the community needed now for a long time. Good job.

3. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The new damage features are crazy, and i will have to learn LUA to make more interesting things :).
    good job blizzard.

4. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Praise be upon blizzard!

5. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Exciting news! Where can I find a list of all new functions?

Only had a few minutes to browse the new editor. Two quick print screens (these where the only new GUI actions I could find):

Attached Files:

6. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hyped for UI natives

7. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I updated the main post with a download for the new common.j (JASS natives) file. Most of the changes are near the bottom.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Orb of Fire became a change not something new like the Knight's Sundering Blades. I mean, this sort of change affects modding (unless they can do something to choose a previous patch version within the editor for the object data if you decide to save your map on the latest patch).

Well, one more thing. Gargoyles are powerful anti-air units. Hippogryphs used to solo Gryphon Riders. The thing with gargs is that they can just drop out of air combat and regenerate while Hippos and Flying Machines certainly can't.

"Renamed to Incite Unholy Frenzy"
    Really BlizzEnt? Reason being lulz?
    Wait... AoE!? Old Gods forbid.
    "Sacrifices a target friendly Undead unit. All nearby non-mechanical units gain Unholy Frenzy."
    !? So, from that AoE, one random undead is killed? Great... And, let's say you cast it on Raised Dead, then which units are the ones to get the buff, random nearby ones?
    Since now necros have Cripple so soon, Ghouls with their new attack speed increase need to be thoroughly tested (especially with Unholy Aura).

Ritual Dagger to be tested with Death Pact and Essence of Blight.

Boots of Speed. Great! I'd make all items which can be bought not drop from creeps.

Cloak of Shadows' 24/7 hold position invisibility is rather unsettling. Not only does it force players to buy more Dust of Appearances but you might end up not killing a enemy hero in time, many times. Thorough testing is in order.

The problem with Crystal Ball is detection of invisible units too free of charge (no mana required) and cooldown, not charge, based.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  9. TheGamerEdgaras12

TheGamerEdgaras12

Resources:
    Resources:
    how i can update the wc3?

10. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You can launch the PTR and it will ask you to update. If it fails for some reason, you can use the download link in the main post.

11. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't play melee, but I feel like each "balance change" further amplifies my decision to NOT
    use the latest melee patch for the unit stats in my campaign since the changes had begun.

I am all for making casters more useful, but if you do it, maybe apply it to all races rather than only one?
    I mean, you can't tell me that Necromancers needed that buff.
    Raise Dead being Adept rather than Initiate is NOT a nerf.
    Necro adept was always one of the first things I got back in the day when I still played melee.

12. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Direct x11 and 64 bit support. Good bye to fps drops YEY!

13. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is HOT.

14. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  15. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    With* these major changes to orb of fire healing reduction, would you be able to use it outside of the item or is it hard coded to the orb of fire item?

16. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Resources:
    WHERE IS TESHHHH, SRLY!!!!! We neeeeed syntax highlight.

17. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are changes like the Unholy Frenzy not going to break triggers that have a unit cast the ability on another unit?
    Is this going to damage custom data even when using an old patch for maps? Like not having the map use the latest melee patch.
    Not trying to be all negative, I only NEED to know if I now have to fix shit.

18. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  19. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Resources:
    i thought that the new damage native events would become a Generic Unit Event, but it is not. So basically all the DDS'es need to be revised and re-written?

20. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    For some reason I can't get local files to work, can someone help\inform me what's going on? Kam noticed me that they are working but still I can't get them to work