• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29 PTR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
1. Melee/ladder
I think it is made to imitate the Blizz's activity. Such changes can be achieved by anybody for 2 hours max.

2. General and Modder
I hope 24 players and enchanced options for some triggers wouldn't affect on old maps (like you load an old map with the World Editor and get an error because of the version compability)
I'm interesting that are 12 additional colors would be in the patch. (it's not black definetely, maybe dark red?)
The new special effect options are not a big deal. You can easily create empty dummy, attach effects and remove it later then it is needed.
Response mouse - looks like we will get maps like in mobile games where you can drag units with a cursor.

And still no news about Inventory bind changes.

I've really hoped for online WEditor or cooperative campaigns (not maps with preload codes)

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44

Here's a quick sloppy demonstration. Didn't spend more than a couple minutes on this

• unit damaged
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set randomInt = (Random integer number between -100 and 100)
      • Event Response - Set Damage of Unit Damaged Event to (Real(randomInt))
  • add units
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is in damagableUnits) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to damagableUnits
              • Trigger - Add to unit damaged <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)
... holy

COW

OK, so, ok. So, Ok!

So alright, it essentially replaces the damage event entirely? With... Whatever? What kind of fields are available to us in there? Can we access information about the attacking or attacked units? Is that what stuff like "base damage" and "damage dice" are now trigger-available for??

Also, I've heard about people doing what you seem to have done (turning the 'specific' Unit is Attacked thing into a 'pseudo-generic' Unit is Attacked thing), via two separate triggers & a unit group... So is that what you did? And how 'clean' is your example (I know it was done fast, but I wanna learn based off of it, and I want to avoid too many leaks & all that)?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Heh, haven't been here in a while. Hype!
Same pretty much! :)

Looks like I've missed something big! Already read through the patch notes. The proposed events to register projectile launch or unit damaged didn't make it though? :eek: :(

I'm glad with the changes to melee as well. Finally the much needed nerfs and buffs. The change to Far Seer's “Far Sight” spell is pretty neat.
I'm glad Alchemist's Healing Spray no longer heals enemies too, but I'm not sure the buff to Acid Bomb was necessary. I'm one of the (seemingly very few) people that play Alchemist, and I can tell that when coupled with aggressive allies, such as Mountain King or Blademaster, he absolutely demolishes enemy heroes.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Regarding the last sentence, for the record:
1920x1080 Loading Screen
Are loading screens not forced into 4:3?
TGA files may be big, but they load fast (like BMP ones) iirc
Open to debate. Often times loading speed is bottlenecked by IO speed rather than processing time. As such a compressed file like JPEG might load faster than a TGA purely because less IO is needed to load it, even though JPEG takes several times longer to process.
Can't we just get to choose man, where to install, where to put things like screenshots? I really don't want to necessarily have a My Documents folder shortcut on my Desktop...
Documents is the correct place to put them. This was standardised since Windows Vista. Program Files data is meant to only be mutated by updaters for security reasons.
Yeah, I do not get what was wrong with having screenshot folder directly in WC3 folder as before.
Requires the application have write permission to the Program Files folder. Only the application updater should have that for security reasons. Additionally it violates the user account model of the system since these screenshots then become bound to the system rather than traveling with the user's account like anything in documents does.
Having a game not work out of the box would suck, so many games keep their saves and stuff in my documents.
They keep them in Documents because that is where they are meant to be kept. It was bad programming in the first place to place them in the Program Files folder, something Windows Vista finally tried to fix.

Level 3
I don't quite get all these changes, but seeing all these modders hyped and motivated brings me hope for another amazing campaigns!

pyf

pyf

Level 32
HIDDEN CHANGE!
Seems there is no longer a maximum mipmap resolution limit for BLP files. 1920*1080 BLP files will load perfectly in game and appear at full quality if allowed to.

This means one can have a HD loading screen if one wants.
[...] Regarding the last sentence, for the record:
1920x1080 Loading Screen
Are loading screens not forced into 4:3?
I was pointing out that it was already possible to create a HD loading screen before Patch 1.29 PTR.

The 1920x1080 Loading Screen tutorial was published before Patch 1.27b was released iirc.

Open to debate. Often times loading speed is bottlenecked by IO speed rather than processing time. As such a compressed file like JPEG might load faster than a TGA purely because less IO is needed to load it, even though JPEG takes several times longer to process.
Loading speed should be irrelevant on a SSD drive imho.

Regarding the time-critical performance of JPG decoding routines, it is said somewhere that libjpeg-turbo can accelerate baseline JPEG compression and decompression when compared to libjpeg.

For the record, such differences with performance are best experienced on an i486 DX processor. I myself especially remember the MS-DOS image viewer QPV/386, which allowed for incredibly fast(er?) JPG processing on i386 CPUs and above.

Not sure how the processing time of a BMP or a JPG file compares to the processing time of a RLE compressed TGA file... But I must admit I am nitpicking here.

Documents is the correct place to put them. This was standardised since Windows Vista. Program Files data is meant to only be mutated by updaters for security reasons.
They keep them in Documents because that is where they are meant to be kept. It was bad programming in the first place to place them in the Program Files folder, something Windows Vista finally tried to fix.
@deepstrasz @MasterHaosis @Xonok: I second DSG's opinion. Saving such user data in the (My) Documents folder is the way to go.

Even in the early Windows XP days, some AAA video games such as Dungeon Siege (published by Microsoft in 2002) already did that.

Last edited:
Level 7
Do I have to delete Warcraft III TFT and then install the new version? Because I installed the provided executable for windows & my game client's patch is still the same.

Level 7
Do I have to delete Warcraft III TFT and then install the new version? Because I installed the provided executable for windows & my game client's patch is still the same.

The new patch isn't out yet. It's only on the PTR.

That being said, no you don't have to delete your current install. Just click on the Battle.net button in-game while running your TFT executable and it'll download the new patch when it's released.

Level 11
No, you can have both standard game + PTR version on the same computer. By default, PTR should be installed under Program Files\Warcraft III Public Test

Level 1
Where can I find all the info about changes in the new patch. So that everything is gathered in one place. Put exalted orb in too shield and go up with extra classes

For a long time now, humanity has followed the path, the path of exile, something the primitive people needed. Mayan culture, Indian culture, all races are equal.
PoE Orbs are cheap, there is a limited number.
However, the most popular of them is Exalted, Exalted orb, which is the only orb of all that is cheaper than vaal orb, and more expensive than chaos orbs. Therefore, it is not the other, and the one Exalted orb is usually used to make the exchange between two traders, or to buy the buyer, and the seller to sell exalted orbs

Buy exalted orbs
Exalted, Vaal, calender, Bestiary, Orb, Buy
My Poetry (PoE (path fo exile)

Last edited:
Level 7
Ohh, i thought the patch was released.. PTR means something entirely different outside of Blizzard.. Thanks for explaining.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I was pointing out that it was already possible to create a HD loading screen before Patch 1.29 PTR.
Not with a single image. And still it is limited to 4:3.
Loading speed should be irrelevant on a SSD drive imho.
Consumer SSDs reach several hundred megabytes per second. RAM speed is in the gigabytes per second. Yes it still is relevant when it comes to load times.

The reason IO is often not relevant is the file cache. After the first time the asset is loaded it is in memory in the file cache. Hence subsequent loads will be at near RAM speed, and hence JPEG decoding does become significant. Assuming your system has enough free memory that is.
For the record, such differences with performance are best experienced on an i486 DX processor. I myself especially remember the MS-DOS image viewer QPV/386, which allowed for incredibly fast(er?) JPG processing on i386 CPUs and above.
Modern processors cannot be compared with anything from DOS time. Being able to execute 48 billion instructions per second makes a huge difference.
It is a PTR. Please keep your WC3 install for when it is released. Once the patch is released you will need to update it and uninstall the PTR.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
@deepstrasz @MasterHaosis @Xonok: I second DSG's opinion. Saving such user data in the (My) Documents folder is the way to go.

Even in the early Windows XP days, some AAA video games such as Dungeon Siege (published by Microsoft in 2002) already did that.
I disagree. What if I want to install my game on another disk than that where the OS is? I don't want to be forced to split stuff or keep space on the OS disk to have all files organized.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What if I want to install my game on another disk than that where the OS is?
Then it installs all the game files on the other disk. User files go into your user folder which is wherever you let it be stored.
I don't want to be forced to split stuff or keep space on the OS disk to have all files organized.
None of the files have to go on the OS disk. Both user account files and program files can be located on other partitions from the boot partition. User files just default to the boot partition unless explicitly moved.

Reactions: pyf

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Including those, I meant. Most games like the ones you so agree with force you to have the save files there instead of the game folder...
Because if they are not there they will not migrate with the user account when it is loaded on another terminal.

What you are asking for is a USB install, where everything is placed in one folder so it is portable on a USB stick.

Level 3
You're right.

Hopefully we will be able to play the patch normally soon once the public test is over. :p

On the meantime patch 1.27 should work just fine for me. :)

Level 1
Does anybody have a rendering issue about special effect?

It seems that the game will render a special effect only if the player camera is in a certain range of the original position when the special effect is added via AddSpecialEffect(). The new special effect position natives do not change this and can make special effect disappears even if the player camera covers its current position.

This could make a new projectile system that uses special effect instead of dummy unit tricky since the projectile originating from off-screen might end up not being rendered correctly.

I have attached a map to demonstrate this issue. In the map, a unholy aura effect is created at the top right of the map and has its position periodically set to the Archmage's position. You can see when and where the effect is rendered / not rendered.

I'm sorry if this thread is a wrong place to post this kind of stuff.

Attachments

• Test Effect.w3m
    17.3 KB · Views: 78

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Wow, as if it's that complicated to just copy your maps and save files to another folder before uninstalling...
Putting in documents makes backing up easier. One just needs to backup the user account data instead of all the program files. Again another reason why this is done in the first place. WC3 might have <50 MB of user data, but has ~1GB of program files.

Level 16
Hey guys,

I don't know if you talked about it before but,

Widescreen Support
  • Added bookends to the in-game interface
  • Added black pillars in menus to prevent stretching
I don't really like this... Is there a way to "stretch" like before ?

Last edited:
Level 11
Is there any information about when the patch will launch?
Not yet!

Does anyone know if ability limits will be increased? Abilities like Transport Units, Burrow, etc.
You mean, how many units can be transported? Nothing was mentionned in that area, as far as I know.
Edit: I just did a quick test with Cargo Hold (Ship): it doesn't seem to work. Cargo capacity can't be increased without causing the game to crash when units are loaded into the ship.

Last edited:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
The set unit armor values (at least in GUI) seem to mess up with additional armor.

When you increase armor of a unit (real armor) it works fine and returns proper value.
If you give the unit additional armor (via e.g. item ability) it works fine and returns proper value.
Mixing the two causes a mess. It seems that getting unit armor value and setting unit armor value, one ignores the additional armor, the other does not. It is necessary to have option to ignore it or at least make sure both natives behave in similar fashion.

When you increase armor of a unit (real armor) it works fine and returns proper value.
If you give the unit additional armor (via e.g. item ability) it works fine and returns proper value.
Mixing the two causes a mess. It seems that getting unit armor value and setting unit armor value, one ignores the additional armor, the other does not. It is necessary to have option to ignore it or at least make sure both natives behave in similar fashion.
Both armor functions work for current total armor.
SetUnitArmor manipulates base armor to fit current total armor to the wanted value.

Yes, I'd like it too, if the GetUnitArmor function had some setAble flags ( include bonus, include heroStats).

Level 25
Where can I see the constants for the new type mousebuttontype?
Blizzard's thread does only list the new natives?

edit:
Nevermind, I have extracted the common.j:
JASS:
    constant mousebuttontype    MOUSE_BUTTON_TYPE_LEFT          = ConvertMouseButtonType(1)
    constant mousebuttontype    MOUSE_BUTTON_TYPE_MIDDLE        = ConvertMouseButtonType(2)
    constant mousebuttontype    MOUSE_BUTTON_TYPE_RIGHT         = ConvertMouseButtonType(3)

It would be helpful to just list the current new natives in the first post of this thread:
JASS:
// JAPI Test Functions
native GetTriggerPlayerMouseX                   takes nothing returns real
native GetTriggerPlayerMouseY                   takes nothing returns real
native GetTriggerPlayerMousePosition            takes nothing returns location
native GetTriggerPlayerMouseButton              takes nothing returns mousebuttontype
native SetAbilityTooltip                        takes integer abilCode, string tooltip, integer level returns nothing
native SetAbilityOnTooltip                      takes integer abilCode, string tooltip, integer level returns nothing
native SetAbilityExtendedTooltip                takes integer abilCode, string ExtendedTooltip, integer level returns nothing
native SetAbilityOnExtendedTooltip              takes integer abilCode, string ExtendedTooltip, integer level returns nothing
native SetAbilityResearchTooltip                takes integer abilCode, string researchTooltip, integer level returns nothing
native SetAbilityResearchExtendedTooltip        takes integer abilCode, string researchExtendedTooltip, integer level returns nothing
native GetAbilityTooltip                        takes integer abilCode, integer level returns string
native GetAbilityOnTooltip                      takes integer abilCode, integer level returns string
native GetAbilityExtendedTooltip                takes integer abilCode, integer level returns string
native GetAbilityOnExtendedTooltip              takes integer abilCode, integer level returns string
native GetAbilityResearchTooltip                takes integer abilCode, integer level returns string
native GetAbilityResearchExtendedTooltip        takes integer abilCode, integer level returns string
native SetAbilityIcon                           takes integer abilCode, string iconPath, integer level returns nothing
native GetAbilityIcon                           takes integer abilCode, integer level returns string
native SetAbilityOnIcon                         takes integer abilCode, string iconPath returns nothing
native GetAbilityOnIcon                         takes integer abilCode returns string
native GetAbilityPosX                           takes integer abilCode returns integer
native GetAbilityPosY                           takes integer abilCode returns integer
native SetAbilityPosX                           takes integer abilCode, integer x returns nothing
native SetAbilityPosY                           takes integer abilCode, integer y returns nothing
native GetAbilityOnPosX                         takes integer abilCode returns integer
native GetAbilityOnPosY                         takes integer abilCode returns integer
native SetAbilityOnPosX                         takes integer abilCode, integer x returns nothing
native SetAbilityOnPosY                         takes integer abilCode, integer y returns nothing
native GetUnitMaxHP                             takes unit whichUnit returns integer
native SetUnitMaxHP                             takes unit whichUnit, integer hp returns nothing
native GetUnitMaxMana                           takes unit whichUnit returns integer
native SetUnitMaxMana                           takes unit whichUnit, integer mana returns nothing
native DeleteHeroAbility                        takes unit whichUnit, integer abilCode returns nothing
native SetItemName                              takes item whichItem, string name returns nothing
native SetItemDescription                       takes item whichItem, string name returns nothing
native GetItemDescription                       takes item whichItem returns string
native SetItemTooltip                           takes item whichItem, string name returns nothing
native GetItemTooltip                           takes item whichItem returns string
native SetItemExtendedTooltip                   takes item whichItem, string name returns nothing
native GetItemExtendedTooltip                   takes item whichItem returns string
native SetItemIconPath                          takes item whichItem, string name returns nothing
native GetItemIconPath                          takes item whichItem returns string
native SetUnitName                              takes unit whichUnit, string name returns nothing
native SetUnitNameAll                           takes unit whichUnit, string name returns nothing
native SetHeroProperName                        takes unit whichUnit, string name returns nothing
native GetUnitBaseDamage                        takes unit whichUnit, integer weaponIndex returns integer
native SetUnitBaseDamage                        takes unit whichUnit, integer baseDamage, integer weaponIndex returns nothing
native GetUnitDiceNumber                        takes unit whichUnit, integer weaponIndex returns integer
native SetUnitDiceNumber                        takes unit whichUnit, integer diceNumber, integer weaponIndex returns nothing
native GetUnitDiceSides                         takes unit whichUnit, integer weaponIndex returns integer
native SetUnitDiceSides                         takes unit whichUnit, integer diceSides, integer weaponIndex returns nothing
native GetUnitAttackCooldown                    takes unit whichUnit, integer weaponIndex returns real
native SetUnitAttackCooldown                    takes unit whichUnit, real cooldown, integer weaponIndex returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectColorByPlayer            takes effect whichEffect, player whichPlayer returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectColor                    takes effect whichEffect, integer r, integer g, integer b returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectAlpha                    takes effect whichEffect, integer alpha returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectScale                    takes effect whichEffect, real scale returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectPosition                 takes effect whichEffect, real x, real y, real z returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectHeight                   takes effect whichEffect, real height returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectTimeScale                takes effect whichEffect, real timeScale returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectTime                     takes effect whichEffect, real time returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectOrientation              takes effect whichEffect, real yaw, real pitch, real roll returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectYaw                      takes effect whichEffect, real yaw returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectPitch                    takes effect whichEffect, real pitch returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectRoll                     takes effect whichEffect, real roll returns nothing
native PlaySpecialEffect                        takes effect whichEffect, integer anim returns nothing
native PlaySpecialEffectWithTimeScale           takes effect whichEffect, integer anim, real timeScale returns nothing
constant native DecPlayerTechResearched         takes player whichPlayer, integer techid, integer levels returns nothing
native SetEventDamage                           takes real damage returns nothing

native AutomationTestStart takes string testName returns nothing
native AutomationTestEnd takes string testName returns nothing

native SetSpecialEffectX                        takes effect whichEffect, real x returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectY                        takes effect whichEffect, real y returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectZ                        takes effect whichEffect, real z returns nothing
native SetSpecialEffectPositionLoc              takes effect whichEffect, location loc returns nothing
native GetLocalSpecialEffectX                   takes effect whichEffect returns real
native GetLocalSpecialEffectY                   takes effect whichEffect returns real
native GetLocalSpecialEffectZ                   takes effect whichEffect returns real
native GetUnitArmor                             takes unit whichUnit returns real
native SetUnitArmor                             takes unit whichUnit, real armorAmount returns nothing
native UnitHideAbility                          takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, boolean flag returns nothing
native UnitDisableAbility                       takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, boolean flag, boolean hideUI returns nothing
native UnitCancelTimedLife                      takes unit whichUnit returns nothing
native IsUnitSelectable                         takes unit whichUnit returns boolean
native IsUnitInvulnerable                       takes unit whichUnit returns boolean
native UnitInterruptAttack                      takes unit whichUnit returns nothing
native GetUnitCollisionSize                     takes unit whichUnit returns real
native GetAbilityManaCost                       takes integer abilId, integer level returns integer
native GetAbilityCooldown                       takes integer abilId, integer level returns real
native SetUnitAbilityCooldown                   takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, integer level, real cooldown returns nothing
native GetUnitAbilityCooldown                   takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, integer level returns real
native GetUnitAbilityCooldownRemaining          takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId returns real
native EndUnitAbilityCooldown                   takes unit whichUnit, integer abilCode returns nothing
native GetUnitAbilityManaCost                   takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, integer level returns integer
native GetLocalUnitZ                            takes unit whichUnit returns real   

// native GetUnitMovementType                      takes unit whichUnit returns integer
// native SetUnitMovementType                      takes unit whichUnit, integer movementType returns nothing
// native GetUnitArmorType                         takes unit whichUnit returns integer
// native SetHeroStatEx                            takes unit whichHero, integer whichStat, integer statValue, boolean permanent returns nothing
// native GetHeroPrimaryStat                       takes unit whichHero returns integer
// native GetHeroPrimaryStatById                   takes unit whichHero returns integer
// native GetHeroStat                              takes unit whichHero, integer whichStat, boolean includeBonuses returns integer

edit2:
Aren't there any events for mouse clicks?

Last edited:
From the common.j inside war3x.mpq or on this posts:
a
b
JASS:
type mousebuttontype    extends     handle
constant mousebuttontype    MOUSE_BUTTON_TYPE_LEFT          = ConvertMouseButtonType(1)
constant mousebuttontype    MOUSE_BUTTON_TYPE_MIDDLE        = ConvertMouseButtonType(2)
constant mousebuttontype    MOUSE_BUTTON_TYPE_RIGHT         = ConvertMouseButtonType(3)
constant playerevent        EVENT_PLAYER_MOUSE_DOWN                 = ConvertPlayerEvent(269)
constant playerevent        EVENT_PLAYER_MOUSE_UP                   = ConvertPlayerEvent(270)
constant playerevent        EVENT_PLAYER_MOUSE_MOVE                 = ConvertPlayerEvent(271)
constant native ConvertMouseButtonType      takes integer i returns mousebuttontype
native GetTriggerPlayerMouseX                   takes nothing returns real
native GetTriggerPlayerMouseY                   takes nothing returns real
native GetTriggerPlayerMousePosition            takes nothing returns location
native GetTriggerPlayerMouseButton              takes nothing returns mousebuttontype

Beaware that this is still on PTR state

Rui

Rui

Level 41
- Lighting in warcraft3 is horrible. We want something better! :) specially when it comes to casted shadows.
- Allow better FPS mode, this one is a killer for many great ideas, there's no way we can make a cool FPS experiance witing warcraft3 since it's way to clunky.
- Better weather effect? I know it's a weird one, but only few weather effects we have access to are horribly contrasted and repetitive. Give us more options please :D
- Better unwarps, this one might be too much to ask, but hey... if blizzard is willing to update all their WOW models every new patch. I request better warcraft3 visuals, and if it's too much to ask at least better unwarps. some units are hell to work with. *cough*footman*cough*
- Access to the Cliff's textures. Right now we can only change the texture via cliff/texture1. or 2. Perhaps alloud more then 2 types of cliff? and allow modding for all of them?.
- RGB acces to the buff/abilities FX would be interresting. If it's doable. Change the color of a spell without going through custom models.
- Better way to classified stuff in the WE, right now the only ways we can create somewhat of a structure in the object editor is my making cathegories with the use of the Races. I'm thinking allowing folder creations perhaps. also changing the orders of the created units and spells, etc. would help us greatly building maps more quick.

this is what I've got for now.
This is incredible! I'm always amazed that Blizzard still supports a 16 year old game.

This. So much this. Real time shadows would make a huge difference for the visuals. I'm of the opinion that we don't really need a complete remaster of the game. Improving the lighting and shaders, and maybe upping the resolution of the textures would go a long way. The great thing about the WCIII art style is that it doesn't really age. Resolution and lighting does though.
I agree with this. I was imagining a simple HD remake of the environment, including destructibles and doodads. But @Mr.Goblin's list is pretty sufficient.

I love that everyone thought of Uther Party for a 24 player game :plol:. I confess I wasn't particularly hyped about that change, due to the way Warcraft III struggles when many units are in play. Maps like Uther's Party seem to be the only ones to benefit from this?

Also, thanks for the list @Barade. I'm curious about the SetEventDamage() and UnitInterruptAttack() natives though. How do they work?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
That's... Actually pretty fantastic, man. : )

Here's a quick sloppy demonstration. Didn't spend more than a couple minutes on this

• unit damaged
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set randomInt = (Random integer number between -100 and 100)
      • Event Response - Set Damage of Unit Damaged Event to (Real(randomInt))
  • add units
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is in damagableUnits) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to damagableUnits
              • Trigger - Add to unit damaged <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)
... holy

COW

OK, so, ok. So, Ok!

So alright, it essentially replaces the damage event entirely? Like, you can just arbitrarily set how much damage is dealt to anything, upon it being damaged, by anything?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.