1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.31 PTR

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes but so does JASS2.
    And the GPU/CPU you are using is?

Also worth noting that PTR might have extra debug stuff built into it so release may perform better.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    If it isn't well known, one can now edit a copy of the campaign maps in the PTR (without having to burden himself/herself with extraction tools to do so.)

Noting this, the following video will demonstrate a low-quality edit of the finale of the Night Elf Campaign of the Frozen Throne:

4. WyrmSlayer

WyrmSlayer

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Link please? dunno about JASS2 but is that different from Jass and not built-in wc3?

5. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If your hero is standing still in the enemy base or near it, you are not collecting any experience unless you can kill a few workers, but I can't think of a hero other than Blademaster who can pull that off effectively. I suppose it can indeed be abused to annoy the heck out of people. Still, you can counter with well placed buildings and buying dust of appearance whenever you can. It's nothing you didn't already have to do to counter Blademaster raids. Cloak of Shadows raids, I reckon, are not going to be effective, rather just incredibly annoying (because Blademaster has high damage and Wind Walk ignores collision, while Cloak of Shadows doesn't).

x2

Unlikely. At least until Reforged. Notice in RoC campaigns you even have the RoC damage/armor system still (Knights and Abominations with Heavy armor taking extra damage from Piercing damage, for instance).

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That doesn't prove how to do it. Yes, now you can access the ".mpq" directly from the editor:
    editorBlizzCampEdit.png

7. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Waaaaaait a second.
    1) Map can be saved as MPQ
    2) MPQ can have multiple maps in it, as I understand?
    3) We can save multiple map maps in one MPQ map, and distribute ORPGs as a single file without all that save-load nonsence?
    Or I misunderstand how it works?

8. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty positive performance has been regressing in the last few patches. Experienced this myself as well as other people. Same map, different wc3 versions, newer ones lag much more.

9. LiSen冯

LiSen冯

Resources:
    Resources:
    CPU 17-4770K
    GPU R9-270X

but It doesn't matter of my computer...
    The problem now is comparing 1.31&1.30 on the same computer

10. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry, missed your post.

To answer your questions, I think that'd be entirely unnecessary. Lua functions capture their environment, acting like closures, so you can just pass in a normal callback and capture its environment and it'll work as expected. No need to use __call.

11. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Technically speaking, the language that Warcraft 3 uses is JASS2. Actual JASS was using in Brood War, if I'm not mistaken, so when someone mentions JASS on here, it's actually JASS2. vJASS is a wrapper for JASS2, for example.

As for the WASD keyboard question I have been looking through common.j and I've noticed constants named like OSKEY_BACKSPACE and OSKEY_SPACE and OSKEY_W. What I THINK this means is that from we will have access to all keyboard keys (presumably, primarily) for custom UI hotkeys and stuff like that. If that's the case, then there's no reason to believe WASD movement won't be possible.

12. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm why is it so laggy and... the tooltip and the health/mana counter is weird? My standard WC3 works fine though

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When? Please be specific and do not throw vague reports.
    Kam said they know about the issue.

@mafe hey, you can see the new melee maps ingame and through/with the editor. They are integrated in the game files.

14. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It appears that the previous observations regarding the defend ability's deflection mechanics are proven right by being indistinguishable from an attack. Furthermore, it appears that the unreduced damage of the deflected projectile is 1.00, based on default stats of the defend ability.

However, it is very easy to tell if the damage dealt is from the attacker or the receiver if the ability is based on either carapace or spiked barricades. (The damage type dealt is defensive, and ignores armor)

@_Guhun_ The observation made regarding deflected attacks was correct. There is no way to determine if the projectile was deflected, at least without having to check the speed of the projectile and periodically tracking the possible location of the projectile.

15. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Has anyone tried customizing interface already?

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Ardenaso tried a 12 player melee with AI on Emerald Gardens and I get lag spikes at some second intervals.

17. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know how to describe it but it just lags, even on the start menu everything's moving slowly and I even tried setting on lowest settings.

Also, when I set the textures on low, the game became black and white.

However, the standard WC3 on latest patch is working very fine as usual.

upload_2019-4-26_23-4-35.png

Also, how does orb of fire work, is the healer or healed that is reduced?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lowTextureCrash.png

The heal reduced on the affected unit.

19. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You cannot sort global variables in the Trigger Editor. o_O
    Variable Editor works well, though.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What are these anyway? What's the difference? Please explain to me, anyone who knows.