1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.4

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Landmine, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Landmine

Landmine

Multimedia Manager

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Patch 1.30.3 and 1.30.4 PTR Updates

With the passing of the holidays, Blizzard is back to work on releasing patches for Warcraft 3. It looks like we're starting 2019 strong with Patch 1.30.3 release the first week of January and Patch 1.30.4 now released to the PTR.

These patches include a list of balance changes and a few bugfixes. Affected by the balance changes are the Keeper of the Grove's Entrangling Roots, Alchemist's Acid Bomb, Glaive Thrower's Vorpal Glaives, Defend, and Mountain Giant.

You can find the complete posts for Patch 1.30.3 here and Patch 1.30.4 here.

2. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, any guesses what will stop working this time? :D

Mean jokes aside, it's nice to see that they're continuing to work on the game and hopefully they make some good progress :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  3. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    5 Players including me just desynced from a green TD. (1 sec before i got scorescreen i was able to see the chat messages)
    This map I attached 5 months ago still crashes when a player selects a preplaced zombie on the map.
    Stuff's still borked.

Attached Files:

4. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1.30.4 has actually been released to the live servers and not PTR.

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1.30.4 states that some desyncs have been fixed.. nice, might return to the game by 2022 then.

6. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    just give them some time boys, not like you're hurring up somewhere Kappa

7. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe a problem is with the map, rather than the game...

8. Im_Noob

Im_Noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.30.4 are in live servers :)

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  10. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New guy huh

11. mori

mori

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, uh, the startup desyncs seem to have gone.

Now to fix all the other desyncs!

12. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Startup desync gone? Well that's fantastic news. Now i can get desynced 5 minute's later instead of right away.

13. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Please explain? The map worked fine before the broken patches.

yea :D But it's nice there is some progress at least.

14. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The number of desyncs has been reduced and we are continuing to investigate causes. The best help we can receive is the specific map you're having trouble with, and 5/5 reproducibility steps.

15. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    I appreciate that, but you still have to realize that those desyncs have been introduced by the patches to begin with, so - at least for me - having all of them gone again is more of an expectation than an achievement.

I have uploaded multiple crash and model + music/sound issues with maps and steps to reproduce in previous threads.
    There has been nothing done about it, not even an acknowledgement or "we are working on it" as far as I know.
    E.g. sounds with meta data still don't work like they used to, and it doesn't look like it will be addressed. Will it?

Since the desyncs are new and caused by stuff that didn't cause them before, it's hard to find reproducible steps.
    Especially since now you are instantly thrown to the score screen, you can't even see error messages or other hints that might be on the screen, indicating why you desynced.
    It has essentially become harder to debug and I haven't seen a mention nor reason as to why the "lagg" dialog and "disconnected" dialog have been replaced with throwing ppl to scorescreen instead.

Other games that had desync issues after patches like AoE2:HD added the option to automatically upload replays of desynced games to the developers.
    Maybe you can add a similar option, or at least somehow log desyncs per map so you can pin point broken maps.
    I would even leave some extra diagnostics tool running if possible, just to see them be fixed more quickly.
    But these measures don't exist and thus posting in patch threads mostly feels like throwing stuff at a wall to me.

tl;dr: Keep on patching. Help us to help you. Much love. Cheers.

16. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    there are no place to make full-size synchro while playing, I believe server only shares current hash of the gamestate and those who failed to confirm are dropped, there are barely any way you can find out the reason from code-level, basing on hash. And syncing tons of various data instead (because it doesn't look like JASS error, must be inner structures issue) would totally waste any server. Desyncs have always been blind guessing, nothing changed, except the fact now you have to fix not just your desync, but blizzard's as well

17. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think a good bug tracking software for the community bug reports would benefit everyone to track which bugs have been solved and in which patches. Now, it is a bit frustrating to report the same bugs over and over again in every patch. Even if it would cost some money, I think it would be peanuts in Blizzard's budget.

Here's for example my bug report of missing WE shortcuts, which I have reported with most recent patches and it is still unfixed.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I guess they should write something along the lines of: we fixed one of the most important bugs as fast as we could; the other reported ones will come in time. Of course, it would be great for them to also write a list of the ones awaiting to be fixed.

19. mori

mori

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A public bug tracker would go a long way to help. It's discouraging having half a dozen active threads where bugs are reported, and another dozen that are already dead.

20. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Perhaps they could create something like "send debug data to Blizzard when someone desyncs in a game" functionality to the game. When someone desyncs, all clients send their state to Blizzard, along with the map name which was played. Then, it could be determined what caused the desync.