1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.4

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Landmine, Jan 16, 2019.

1. mori

mori

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    In my experience, the desyncs can happen on literally ANY map, even on maps that never desynced before.

I even started desyncing in Enfo's MT 1.93, which did NOT desync mid-game before 1.30.4 came out. Been playing it right now, and desynced around the 15 minute mark.

2. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    how would it be determined, given there are only hash which irreproducable by any mean? Also desynced client may be already dropped by the moment game decides to send info. But idea of sending tons of RAW data might work.. for some degree.

3. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Yes. Green TDs with literally just a bunch of GUI triggers suddenly desync.

4. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    sudden desyncing issue isn't up to triggers, obviously, because it worked just fine before. Something fucked within engine. Might be even native aura's timing or literally anything else.

5. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Spanish speaking user here. Shaman instead of talking full English on the Spanish version of the program as 1.30.2, is now mixing lines in English and Spanish in 1.30.4.

6. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Most of the desyncs were caused by serveral game data caches that we now clear between games. This was why people were desyncing from ladder games after playing a custom map. We are looking at certain maps including Green Cycle now to determine which triggers or data are causing issues.

7. mori

mori

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Desynced again during a game on my map. The map and the replay are attached.

It should be noted that the desync happened while absolutely nothing was happening. It's a roleplay map, and most everything that is going on is just text chat, there's not even units moving most of the time. In the past, this map has proven to us to be very reliable, and I don't think I've seen any desyncs on it prior to patch 1.29.

Unoptimized version also attached. It doesn't use any GUI triggers, all of the code is Zinc and vJASS. You'll have to look at the script file for the actual triggers, unfortunately.

Hopefully this helps in the investigation.

@Kam

Attached Files:

8. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    if you want to help to solve a desync, you should attach 2 replays - one of the host, one of the client.

9. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried out an MP3 with metadata (English) in 1.30.4 and it worked without problems.

10. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Indeed, I just did a single test with 1.30.4 and it worked, but the only mention of a fix seems to be in 1.30.2. (or I missed it?)

I know that it wasn't fixed with 1.30.2, because that released around 1st December and I committed the fixed sounds to my git repo at Dec 29th.
    The sounds didn't play, but after using an id3 remover, they worked.

If I get the time I will check Robo Arena which's music was also still bugged with 1.30.2

11. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I found a bug. You cannot create a custom unit out of Entangled Gold Mine. It does not appear in the unit list in the Create Custom Unit dialog.

12. Sakata Gintoki

Sakata Gintoki

Resources:
    Resources:
    does this patch still support LAN anymore?

13. DoctorGester

DoctorGester

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Point is: the game simulation occurs on all clients simultaneously. Even the slightest change like some floating point precision error (it's just an example, usually fixed point math is used) in a single variable (which might not be hashed!) can accumulate over time and cause the desync of some other state somewhere later. A so called "butterfly-effect". Meaning the state at the point of desync can be

14. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For 20 years floating point systems were fine, and now broken? Nice joke right there.

15. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Hi. I found out something new related to Green (Circle) TD maps.
    Most of the ones which are hosted on battle.net contain cheatpacks (code injected into the map to allow control to certain cheat commands),
    and cheatpacks use a gamecache and more for stuff like keybinds.
    Hence it might not desync on a "simple GUI map" after all. Not sure.

16. DoctorGester

DoctorGester

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
  17. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    educate yourself how it worked flawlessly for 20 years before patching started first

18. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  19. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not like blizzard north were some newbies at programming who couldn't understand such things. My point is that system used to work just fine for years. Blaming floats for latest desyncs now would mean there are heavily incopetent programmers rewritting some old code in a wrong way. Which is obviously cannot be true.

20. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Or the desynch detection was far stricter tuned, so it catches stuff that was before let by. And that is known to be the case, since the newest patch catched things which were completely fine in the past. That is how we got these masses of desynchs. It wouldn't be too hard to imagine that these were overseen, too.