1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31 announced

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, May 28, 2019.

1. omidh

omidh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Beside bugs, Does anybody tried to take down that Orc's base with 5+50% Damage Spiked Barricades? It's OP.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  2. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The most unexpected part of this was the bitwise operations.

I'll be able to double and halve numbers even more efficiently now (jk)

3. EvilNico

EvilNico

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I try to download the map at Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com, I get an error.
    1. Map file is corrupt or truncated.
    2. Invalid magic number in map header.

I noticed it back in the PTR 1.31. I tried to handle this error on my own and it is very strange. Since one of the maps still loaded Storm Peak's 1.01 -Patch 1.31 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com after editing it in World Edit ptr 1.31. Who faced this error is at all or only at me. Probably the case in the site and the script that he removes the mapinfo?
    There was also one mistake when I edited the relief of my futman's WoW Footmen v1.22 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com landscape in the x64 version of the editor. There also occurs an error when editing the landscape in the editor and in the x86 version for some reason it is not observed and the editor does not hang.

4. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm just disappointed that they did not include syntax highlight yet. For people who are not that familiar with the engine, like myself, these new natives are really difficult to get into.
    I try to use Jasscraft still, but that tool isnt that productive. We could really use an updated version of Tesh for Jass and vJass integrated to the Trigger Editor.

5. micca

micca

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hell Halt for example...

6. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well the new data in the WE doesn't match with the one in the descriptions in the patch, the Anti Health Fire Orb data says 0.65 -> 65% of health reduction while the patch says 35% -> 0,35.

Another thing the items descriptions are wonky right now. this type of data <AIf2,DataA1> now gives 0 a return value on all orb items, instead of the real damage of the orb.

for example the Fire Orb.

Attached Files:

7. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    So it reduces 1 to 0.65, no? That is exactly 35%.

8. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If that is true this particular skill works in reverse compared with the rest of the abilities in the WE, where 65% of buff/debuff = 0.65

9. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It doesn't seem like nested trigger-categories work in the World Editor.

10. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you ask for patch roll back on reforged forums they will remove your post.
    Well i tried to be constructive, but this isn't working.
    I feel so done with this game honestly.
    Might as well switch to DOTA2 modding or learn a real game engine.

11. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems like great news, although I'm reluctant to re-download Warcraft 3 before Reforge goes live, somehow all this seems like a warm up to that.
    Well, that and also my lack of free time.
    Still, very happy indeed that War3 is still alive, and looking forward to what THW can do in the near future, new campaigns perhaps? COOP campaigns?! :))

Good luck to Blizzard, and thanks to people who actively contributed to THW and kept War3 alive, @Kam comes to mind here!

12. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just shut up man, nobody cares about your opinion, they're working hard on a fucking 15 year old codebase to give us what we had asked for ages, literally tons of community suggestions being implemented and you're still bitching about it, fuck off.

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please keep a civil tone.

14. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I think everyone complaining here should have downloaded the PTR and tried ti help the developers.

I see so many issues that weren't caught during testing phase because, guess what? These same people couldn't be bothered to open their own maps and tinker with them during PTR phase.

Blizzard is a huge company, but the team working on WarCraft 3 is much smaller. If you think this small team can find and fix all the bugs in a nearly 20 year old engine with regards to hundreds of thousands of different maps which were created over the years, WHILE adding major new features that improve the game experience and pave the way for the future, you need to have more realistic expectations.

Hardly anyone actually bothered to download and test anything in the PTR, it seems the vast majority just want others to do the testing for them.

This small team took the time to work with me with the errors I had while working on Damage Engine and they found the root cause after many hours of testing. The issues now being reported by people, people asking for the changes to be rolled back, where were you when the PTR was ongoing?

WarCraft 3 is only as strong as its community. If the community wants portability, compatibility and expansion, it's only fair to contribute error reporting during the testing phases and not settle for other people doing that work for you, because everyone has different circumstances and there are countless variations to consider that are impossible to predict from an armchair.

15. MadMax

MadMax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great patch Blizzard, thank you, this update is so aw... oh wait. just jk, patch so trash, now i can't even open my map to test (worked on it for like 1.5 years).
    All the names are just destryoed.
    Screenshot_23.png Screenshot_24.png
    Poor small Indie company, can't afford to make a decent working patch.... im just so angry, so much work just gone....

16. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I cannot edit my maps at all, but Battle for Tatooine GOLD still works as far as I can tell.

17. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Why don't you have backups for something you've been working on for over a year? Furthermore there is a warning on the front page of hiveworkshop stating that this bug exists.

I suggest checking your JassHelper folder for backups. If you don't have JH enabled then you can look for an old version of you map if you have it, and export the strings and import them back into your map. If you don't have either of those then yes, your data is lost. However that is your fault for not keeping a single backup.

18. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Also my custom map just work on test mode cant play on loby or singleplayer. It just show red warning mark without any error message.

19. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I agree.

Let this be a lesson to everyone that you should have backups. An easy way is to just keep your map in Dropbox and edit it from there. Dropbox keeps all old versions for a month. You can restore them via the web interface at any time.

20. Sabe

Sabe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    And have all these problems pile up to that date? Heh, can't imagine how much you would complain then... :D