• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.31 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
So earlier versions don't work with maps saved in 1.30.
And i tried 1.30.4 which somebody was kind enough to share with me, but it only opens ROC maps.
Sooo are we just screwed until fix then?

Given the back track record with releases, im afraid of using 1.31 even if a hotfix comes out.

edit: Nvm managed to get 1.30 up and running.

Last edited:
Has anyone tested setting the cooldown of abilities related to morphing? From my tests, they appear to work correctly now, not crashing the game.

The caveat is that, according to my tests, for an ability field to be assigned properly, one must specify the level of the ability - 1 as the level parameter.
I tested cooldown manipulation for "metamorph", "pocket-fabric" and "Storm earth fire" with changing Level 0 to change the wanted Level 1. All were castable and had their cooldown reduced, no crashes. This -1 to Level also seems to be needed for GetCooldown.
Its like you say.

I just wanted to join in on this and say that this cannot be justified, no matter what. Blizzard was always notorious for polishing everything, hell, they even cancelled fully polished games that didn't meet their expectations. Yes, remember Starcraft: Ghost or Warcraft Adventures? This is not the same Blizzard we knew long time ago, they are no longer the same people. The so called "Blizzard polish" is nothing more of an idealistic nonsense, a guise.

I think the classic team is definitely to blame for this, because they expect us - the community to be lab rats and test their broken patches. As far as I'm aware there's a reason why QA exists.

Level 6
I'm just disappointed that they did not include syntax highlight yet. For people who are not that familiar with the engine, like myself, these new natives are really difficult to get into.
I try to use Jasscraft still, but that tool isnt that productive. We could really use an updated version of Tesh for Jass and vJass integrated to the Trigger Editor.

I like the code highlighting was in JNGP - it is very convenient! In comparison with what is now possible to break the eye. After JNGP, all the cards worked as they should, but now they are not even uploaded to epicwar.com and the maps created in 1.31 PTR or earlier versions of the editor are compatible with warcraft3 - 1.31 and work but if you are not working on the editor of this version loaded, yes a lot of strange problems. For example, when creating a map on Batel.net, there was also a problem with the selected names for the host. disgusting support and the most battle.net I just created the same post on the forum and what do you think I was banned until 3019year. Just because. This is all thanks from Blizzard.

Level 9
@A Void
Amen.

What really bothers me that only wc3 gets the shit treatment. To some extent "Blizzard Polish" exists in their other games. You can question their design choices and whatnot but in terms of bugs the other games do not ship with gamebreak bugs. And in case they do, quickly fixed.

To be frank, I visited classic forums sometime before 1.30, when they were gathering ideas. Classic forum was filled with people complaining about Blizzard completely ignoring Diablo II, and citing problems that should've been an easy fix in my understanding.
Then again, its not a Blizzard Entertainment game, and I'm 95% convinced Blizzard Ent. actually hates Blizzard North and everything BN made.

Level 3
UNIT_STATE_MAX_MANA\UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE in GetUnitState(), BlzGetUnitMaxMana(), BlzGetUnitMaxHP() are'nt returning MaxVal but after using a BlzSetUnitMaxMana\HP they are returning a max values which was been set by help these functions.

[UPD] False alert.

Last edited:
Level 24
I found a way to make maps work.
You can download 1.30.4 and then protect maps with Vexorians Optimizer using an MPQ fron 1.29.

To avoid neutral units changing colors you need these settings when optimizing the map.

Attachments

• Purple.jpg
    Purple.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 326

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Hey guys, just realized what I should have for some time now. Where's the AI Scripts folder? It's useful to learn from those melee AI examples. It used to be in the game's folder in 1.27. I can't find it there and neither under Documents etc.

Additionally,
in non-PTR 1.31, this is still not fixed: ability level begins from 0 in the BlzGetAbility*LevelField, but begins from 1 in the BlzSetAbility*LevelField

Blizzard developers, if you see this, please fix this dummy and embarrassing bug immediately! And I recommend you also check any other index-related functions and adjust them to one standard.

The ability tooltip natives have the same issue. It actually broke my FileIO system. Ability index used to start at 1, and now starts at 0. The fix is easy, but it requires users to update their map.

Level 9
I have some files in another folder. The main game is in C:\Programfiles\WarcraftIII and Errors, war3.mpq, World Editor Errors folders and the CD-Key w3k files are in C:\Programfiles(x86)\WarcraftIII

(I uninstalled the game after updating it to 1.31 casue the localization changed so i reinstalled it to change it again)

Level 3
Some custom maps now crash the game when certain spells are used (weirdly only in multiplayer games since I tested it in single player and it worked fine). Can I expect that they are fixed with the upcoming bugfix patch ?

Level 3
Lua:
print(BlzSetItemIntegerField(item, ITEM_IF_TINTING_COLOR_RED,   128))
print(BlzGetItemIntegerField(item, ITEM_IF_TINTING_COLOR_RED))

Prints:
Code:
true

Setters for ITEM_IF_TINTING_COLOR_RED/GREEN/BLUE and ITEM_SF_MODEL_USED do not work at all.
ITEM_RF_SCALING_VALUE only works when used immediately after item creation. Other fields might also not work but they are not so important.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It seems like blizz reforged team wants fresh start. They broke all custom maps and editors. We need to remake our maps on reforged.
Nonsense. They've said the games are basically the same thing but Reforged being an enhancement. Thus if the classic WcIII editor is broken (which is the foundation for Reforged's version), so is the one for Reforged.

Nonsense. They've said the games are basically the same thing but Reforged being an enhancement. Thus if the classic WcIII editor is broken (which is the foundation for Reforged's version), so is the one for Reforged.

A really fresh start maybe just trying to make new maps that does not corrupt after saving, a great contest for community (if it is even possible) ...

I tried cleaning various stuff, tried all different game settings, then made purge and clean reinstall, and just nothing helps from making the game playable (lagless) again. I use Win8.1 Pro... there are many OS changes to Win10, and I know someone with Win10 has no lags.. idk if it's an OS problem.

Even it didn't help me, I think everyone should do a clean install. You can remove all old unsed files then, and it will install in 64 bit program files directory. And old editor exe and some other files are just not used anymore. It may also help in auto-creating the WorldEditor testmap path, which did not exist for me in first place. Probably at installation they only create the folder path, but not later from editor anymore.

Feels a bit like

beta.jpg

Level 4
I noticed since patch 1.3.1 the name options for custom games are very limited, can you maybe revert that feature?

I can't host my map "Battle.net TD" with any reasonable name anymore, this practically kills my map :(
All names including for example Battle.net or Warcraft 3 in any form or spelling are forbidden.

But its not just that, there are also other maps including "Warcraft 3" or "Battle.net" in their name, they have the same problem please give the freedom of gamenames back (at least for such major names)

Last edited:
Level 6
I just hosted a test game of my map about the Fall of Lordaeron.

It no longers recognize custom war3.mpq terrain art :( Solve it please. It ruins the game, u can walk over mountains and corrupt them.

Also, some triggers are fucked, like removing units from game when they die or tping units from a point to another one (the trigger works and change faction owner, but then doesnt move the unit...). Please solve this stuff, they ruin the game completly. Its unplayable!

Why do u touch stuff that is already working if you are going to screw it? The game was fine U.u

Last edited:
I just hosted a test game of my map about the Fall of Lordaeron.

It no longers recognize custom war3.mpq terrain art :( Solve it please. It ruins the game, u can walk over mountains and corrupt them.

Also, some triggers are fucked, like removing units from game when they die or tping units from a point to another one (the trigger works and change faction owner, but then doesnt move the unit...). Please solve this stuff, they ruin the game completly. Its unplayable!

Why do u touch stuff that is already working if you are going to screw it? The game was fine U.u

They are not using the .mpq extension anymore try putting them to 'war3.w3mod' folder, it does not work with local files but might work with map imports

Last edited:
edit: nvm, it's just the yaw/roll being swapped in SFX

So is there a way to load local files (without Allow Local Files being enabled) anymore? Using war3mod.mpq folder doesn't work anymore, tried war3.war3mod, doesn't work either.

Game can't understand what a .w3mod is I reported it several times to Kam but idk if they'll look into it, local files can now only be used by directly putting them to the game's installation folder, it is impossible to change tileset specific models\textures because of game not understanding .w3mod folders

Level 20
Bribe is still right though... the more people that participate in the PTR the more likely it is that bugs would have been picked up and fixed.

The rage in this thread by some people is unfair considering its very likely they didn't test anything thoroughly on the PTR. Like, what did you expect? A bug free patch served up on a silver platter?
This isn't the Reforged PTR or a game in beta. Warcraft 3 is a LIVE game.

Incidentally, you pointing fingers telling people they didn't test enough also applies to you. On this stance you also have to accept the responsibility for the failure as much as you want to blame it on everyone else. If you don't accept that then your stance is completely ridiculous.

And that's presuming Blizzard is actually bothering to fix what's being reported or knows how.

Level 6
Game can't understand what a .w3mod is I reported it several times to Kam but idk if they'll look into it, local files can now only be used by directly putting them to the game's installation folder, it is impossible to change tileset specific models\textures because of game not understanding .w3mod folders

When i read the patch notes i understood .w3mod doenst exist, but u use .w3x or .w3m

I used to have my changed terrain patability here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\war3.mpq\TerrainArt"

What do u mean with "placing them in installation folder"? That was the installation folder. I think maybe move the war3.mpq folder tu "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\x86_64" could work...

This isn't the Reforged PTR or a game in beta. Warcraft 3 is a LIVE game.

Incidentally, you pointing fingers telling people they didn't test enough also applies to you. On this stance you also have to accept the responsibility for the failure as much as you want to blame it on everyone else. If you don't accept that then your stance is completely ridiculous.

And that's presuming Blizzard is actually bothering to fix what's being reported or knows how.

Exactly. This game has been played for 20 years, it is not an alpah or a beta, you CANT add or change content without being 100% tested and sure that it will work, u cant ruin something that is working just for adding some new content :( I just hope they fix it soon. (Btw, whenever u open the editor u instantly see the bugs, we all noticed them, u just need a single test to notice them, i can understand that Blizzard might have bugs, as maper i know it is normal. BUT u cant miss a so clear mistake...)

Status
Not open for further replies.