• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of Bugs & Issues for 1.30.1+

GUI:
BlzGetAbilityStringLevelField uses wrongly abilitystringfield.

BlzGetUnitAbilityCooldownRemaining gives wrong results when an unit has rain of fire and blizzard.

The demo map should show the remaing cooldowns for Blizzard and rain of fire. With Blizzard beeing the first line. But Blizzard will always show the same remaing cooldown as Rain of Fire through one asks for Blizzard in that line.

Edit: the same thing happens in another map with warstomp and thunderclap, but somehow I can not reproduce that with only that 2 skills.

Edit: Happens also for Archmages mass-teleportation using an staff of teleportation. Remaing cooldown of archmages mass-teleport will return the value of the staff.

And for warden with dagger of blinking.

Through it seems that the timing the unít gains the abilities matters. When for warden the dagger was first gained and then the warden spell is learned as second, It works as wanted. But is the ability learned before the dagger is picked up the value one gains from remaing cooldown of warden spell is equal to blink dagger.

Attachments

• BlzGetUnitAbilityCooldownRemaining.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Problem I have on 1.31.1 in the World Editor is that if I open a map and then want to open another, either by first closing the one before (which is the first one opened by the way, except for the dummy one that starts automatically with the editor) or leaving it be, the map that is actually being opened is the one that I opened before, basically, like I'd reopen the map instead of opening another.

EDIT: actually, what happens is, the textures from before are kept and loaded on the new map. This seems to be happening with custom imported textures. If I load a normal Warcraft III map afterwards, it loads fine.
It's weird because all those maps I was trying to open had the same paths for their custom textures, Barrens but if I open a melee Barrens Warcraft III map afterwards, the issue doesn't persist. So it only appears when it's related to imported path overwritten custom textures.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

In Orc RoC mission 5, Grom has no inventory.

Edit: Also happened on NE RoC mission 2 with Tyrande. Perhaps it's not specific to the mission.

Edit 2: In NE RoC mission 4, Tyrande had died before cut scene where corrupt NE are encountered. After the cut scene, Tyrande was alive again.

Edit 3: In NE RoC mission 6, Illidan lost his inventory after metamorphosis.

Last edited by a moderator:
After one reduced the size of the world frame the left part and right part of the screen are still valid locations for orders, although they are blacked out and should not be part of world frame anymore.
The bottom part extends to the wanted amount.

Lua:
function Test()
   local fh = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_WORLD_FRAME, 0)

BlzFrameClearAllPoints(fh)
   BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(fh,FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.2, 0.6)
   BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(fh,FRAMEPOINT_BOTTOMRIGHT, 0.6, 0.2)
end

Attachments

• Small World Frame.w3x
    16.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Small World Frame.jpg
    Small World Frame.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 132

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
This bug is starting to annoy me. I thought it was related to older maps but it's present on some or those saved on the latest patch:
War3UIissue.png

It doesn't seem to happen in custom melee games.

Last edited:
Level 14
There's a bug in the World Editor when creating a custom building.

The special object data fields for buildings (such as Ground texture, pathing map, pathing requires... etc) are all missing, so you can't edit them. This happens when creating a custom building, or copy-pasting an existing building.

Interestingly, the base game buildings (eg. Human barracks) DO show these fields correctly, but copying it doesn't work - the fields disappear again.

Nothing is working.
I have backups reaching back a whole year.

I was holding back on the new patched editor because of corruption and generally blizzard just breaking everything.
So i thought i should try it now that it's been out some time, but this feels really dumb.

Have you tried deleting all of the trigger comments?

Level 24
Setting "start cooldown on decloak" on wind walk to false doesn't work.

Would also love to know when (attachment) is getting fixed?
Every time i run test map custom imports dissapear.

Import window also loves to prioritise staying over my web browser.

Moving folders in trigger editor won't always respond

If i cut and paste a folder the cut icon is still displaying after i cut something else.

Attachments

• imports.jpg
    imports.jpg
    796.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Level 26

JASS:
local gamecache gc=InitGameCache("gc")
call StoreInteger(gc,"","key",0)
//call TriggerSyncStart()
call SyncStoredInteger(gc,"","key")
//call TriggerSyncReady()

Game crashes when syncing stored game cache entry with "" or null missionKey. It also happens with StoreInteger only but "" will trigger the crash when running for the 2nd time.

Last edited:
Level 5
  • Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: Hero[3]'s Ability with Ability Code: Ability XXX)'s Boolean Field: Check Dependencies ('achd') to False
This one apparently does not work. Changing it in the Object Editor before running works, but changing it in real-time with that action does not work.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
There's an UI issue with the suggested players field in map options. You have to start selecting/dragging the mouse on all of the text there from the middle of the whole field to be able to edit/rewrite the text. It should be possible right at the end of the word written in the field though.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
When using A Unit Takes Damage, if the unit is at full health and you cast Finger of Death on it or damage it with an attack and then try restoring the unit's life based on the Damage Taken Event Response, the unit does not heal back completely, sometimes at all but if the unit has 10 HP and these damage means are used on it, it does not die or take damage while the trigger to restore it's health based on the damage it took is in motion.

EDIT: not to mention that the damage detected with Event Response Damage Taken takes armour into consideration.

Last edited:
Level 11
Sorry if these issues have been mentionned before, I don't read the forum so much these days.

When I open World Editor on 1.31b, I get error messages:
1-31-error-messages-png.330051
("Error in the trigger database" ; "The data and text sections have a different number of parameters (3, 6))
(Chaîne manquante = Missing String)

And later, those messages don't seem to go away:
1-31-bug-2-png.330052
Needless to say it's pretty annoying when trying to get some work done with WE. :peasant-confused:

And finally, animations are no longer displayed (in the main window and in the animation window on the left).

I run World Editor on Windows 7 with the French client.

Level 10
Trying to Test Map using the editor button doesn't seem to be working: View attachment 330204

It looks like a permissions issue. Blizzard is aware of it but last I heard they weren't sure why it was happening.

You can manually create the folder and then test map should start working. I think you may also be able to change the test map path in the editor preferences.

Level 10
I was replaying Founding of Durotar (Act 1) on 1.31 tonight and some text strings seem garbled:

- Stash and Bloodfeather both displayed their unit names as "You are not paying me at all, little goblin."
- On the Thunder Ridge map during the Drek'thar quest, the counter that displays the number of Thunder Lizards left says "(null)" on the top line

By Trigger added ability magic guard ('Adts') ignores: "check requirement = false" (set in object Editor). In the command Card the ability looks enabled but near invisible Units are not detected.

In the demo map there is a footman and a Tower. The Tower has the ability added in object Editor the footman gets it by trigger.

Attachments

• Ignores check depency false.w3x
    17.9 KB · Views: 27

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
There's an issue with neutral hostile polymorph in that after the player owned unit comes back from polymporph but not being in the attack/acquisition range of the caster, it will go to attack the caster and so will the friendly units nearby they recently recovered unit.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Reiterating hide ability to false more times when using a loop will actually make it show.

Removing an ability, on cast, (in my case, a 0 cooldown Berserk) while the unit is attacking will disable any other possible actions for that unit except for the stop order.

this Lua Code creates 4 clickable Buttons, But the onClickTrigger's TriggerAction does not run when the buttons are pressed.
If one removes the DestroyForce line the TriggerAction executes as soon a button is clicked.
The TriggerActions also work when the block doing the force stuff is moved below TriggerAddAction.

Lua:
TimerStart(CreateTimer(),0, false, function()
    local forceA = CreateForce()
    ForceEnumPlayers(forceA, nil)
    ForForce(forceA, function()
    end)
    DestroyForce(forceA)

local buttonSize = 0.02
    local box = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0)
    local onClickTrigger = CreateTrigger()
    for index = 1, 4, 1 do
        local button = BlzCreateFrameByType("BUTTON", "MYBUtO",box,"",0)
        local icon = BlzCreateFrameByType("BACKDROP", "MYBUtO",box,"",0)

BlzTriggerRegisterFrameEvent(onClickTrigger, button, FRAMEEVENT_CONTROL_CLICK)
        BlzFrameSetSize(button, buttonSize, buttonSize)
        BlzFrameSetTexture(icon, "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNHeroPaladin", 0, false)
        BlzFrameSetAllPoints(icon, button)
        BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(button, FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.2 +0.025*index, 0.5)
    end

TriggerAddAction(onClickTrigger,  function()
        print("OnClick")
    end)

print("Done")

end)