• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of Bugs & Issues for 1.30.1+

Level 3
Can you send me the picture you're trying to have as a minimap?

EDIT: Still works fine for me. Surely you're doing something wrong, like messing up the dimensions. It needs to be 256x256. Also make sure that you haven't put .tga twice. Here's a map saved with the most recent editor. Nothing has been done to this map other than importing a .tga image in 256x256 and naming it war3mapMap.tga.

The image is 256x256 https://i.imgur.com/fccOCf2.png

It was imported as war3mapMap.tga, no I didn't put .tga twice. "war3mapMap.TGA" Is the exact string I used. When I import the file in that imgur link, save the map, then export the file, it becomes this image. https://i.imgur.com/efDp3Lh.png, which is how the map truly looks. It's the same image imported/exported, but once the map is saved it's overwritten. I've never seen that before, you?

The image is 256x256 https://i.imgur.com/fccOCf2.png

It was imported as war3mapMap.tga, no I didn't put .tga twice. "war3mapMap.TGA" Is the exact string I used. When I import the file in that imgur link, save the map, then export the file, it becomes this image. https://i.imgur.com/efDp3Lh.png, which is how the map truly looks. It's the same image imported/exported, but once the map is saved it's overwritten. I've never seen that before, you?
Can you send me the .tga file? I can see if I am able to make it work.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What about letting us drag the unit properties window so that the scroll bar won't overlap the values?

unitproperglitch.png

Level 3
Can you send me the .tga file? I can see if I am able to make it work.

Wait a second. You said .tga? It didn't have to be .tga before. It worked as a .blp. I just fucking checked the backup version of my map where the minimap still worked and the imported war3mapMap file is a .blp, not a .tga. Does it have to be a fucking .tga now? It didn't before. Importing it as a .tga just made it work, but tell me it wasn't like that before. Look. https://i.imgur.com/1YZP5cB.png it's a .blp in the older versions of my map and it worked there. They changed it?

Wait a second. You said .tga? It didn't have to be .tga before. It worked as a .blp. I just fucking checked the backup version of my map where the minimap still worked and the imported war3mapMap file is a .blp, not a .tga. Does it have to be a fucking .tga now? It didn't before. Importing it as a .tga just made it work, but tell me it wasn't like that before. Look. https://i.imgur.com/1YZP5cB.png it's a .blp in the older versions of my map and it worked there. They changed it?
But you even said here that you tried it with a .tga:
Latest patch, if he did it I need to know how because it no longer works the old way. All you had to do was import a file and name it war3mapMap.tga and it'd work, it no longer does and my map kinda depends on that working.

I'm not sure if it has always been like that as I tried it the first time with 1.31.1 but when I did it I remember that .blp didn't work as well.

Level 3
But you even said here that you tried it with a .tga:

I'm not sure if it has always been like that as I tried it the first time with 1.31.1 but when I did it I remember that .blp didn't work as well.

Yeah I said I tried it as a .tga because the files are in .tga format on my desktop, I just woke up. Forgot they were in .tga format so I could look at them in paint.net, before importing them I converted them to .blp, which is how you had to do it before. Like the images don't lie, you can clearly see in the imgur link, that my war3mapMap is a .blp, and it worked. Now it doesn't if it's a .blp.

Yeah. I'm not wrong.

Change In-Game Minimap

Tutorial from this very website. "Import with the Import Manager the minimap you maked previous step. Once you've imported the minimap, change the path to "war3mapMap.blp". Now start your game and see your minimap is changed:"

They fucking changed what file extension it has to be.

Yeah I said I tried it as a .tga because the files are in .tga format on my desktop, I just woke up. Forgot they were in .tga format so I could look at them in paint.net, before importing them I converted them to .blp, which is how you had to do it before. Like the images don't lie, you can clearly see in the imgur link, that my war3mapMap is a .blp, and it worked. Now it doesn't if it's a .blp.

Yeah. I'm not wrong.

Change In-Game Minimap

Tutorial from this very website. "Import with the Import Manager the minimap you maked previous step. Once you've imported the minimap, change the path to "war3mapMap.blp". Now start your game and see your minimap is changed:"

They fucking changed what file extension it has to be.
Right, well seems like it's working now at least. Luckily converting an image from .blp to .tga isn't the hardest thing in the world.

Level 3
Right, well seems like it's working now at least. Luckily converting an image from .blp to .tga isn't the hardest thing in the world.

It's not hard at all, but it's fucking annoying when something that's worked for 10 years has its file extension changed and I have to just guess what the issue is. But thanks for helping me figure it out.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
- You import a file of it's normal extension .blp and convert it to .tga.
- You claim it didn't have to be .tga before and worked as .blp
- Claims importing the .tga made it work but at same time doesn't work.
Is there anything you say that actually makes sense?
No, all you had to do is to download a program that opens .blp files, get your file and resize the it, save it again, and import it to your map. Simple.
I've never heard the need to change the extension twice, nor importing it as War3mapMap.tga would work nor it would stop for no reason at this patch.
Yeah. I'm not wrong.
You're not right either :D

They also need to fix the options overlapping here
fix.png

Last edited:
Level 3
- You import a file of it's normal extension .blp and convert it to .tga.
- You claim it didn't have to be .tga before and worked as .blp
- Claims importing the .tga made it work but at same time doesn't work.
Is there anything you say that actually makes sense?

No, all you had to do is to download a program that opens .blp files, get your file and resize the it, save it again, and import it to your map. Simple.
I've never heard the need to change the extension twice, nor importing it as War3mapMap.tga would work nor it would stop for no reason at this patch.

You're not right either :D

They also need to fix the options overlapping here
View attachment 338181

No, I'm correct. You could import a .blp file and use it as a minimap image. You can't anymore, now it has to be a .tga. It didn't have to be a .tga before. Do you need any other help understanding basic sentences or are you good man? Because I can sit here and educate you if you need.

Level 18
No, I'm correct. You could import a .blp file and use it as a minimap image. You can't anymore, now it has to be a .tga. It didn't have to be a .tga before. Do you need any other help understanding basic sentences or are you good man? Because I can sit here and educate you if you need.
It has always been possible to use BOTH war3mapMap.tga and war3mapMap.blp, nothing changed. The reason you are having problems is because you import a BLP file, but give it a TGA file extension. That obviously won't work.

Level 3
It has always been possible to use BOTH war3mapMap.tga and war3mapMap.blp, nothing changed. The reason you are having problems is because you import a BLP file, but give it a TGA file extension. That obviously won't work.

That's not what I did. Considering I very specifically knew that war3mapMap should be a .blp, why the fuck would I give it a .tga file extension?

Level 3

Okay I'll go real slowly for you so you can understand.

"Yeah I said I tried it as a .tga because the files are in .tga format on my desktop, I just woke up. Forgot they were in .tga format so I could look at them in paint.net, before importing them I converted them to .blp, which is how you had to do it before."

This is what I said above. What this very complex and daunting sentence means is, I just woke up. I was still a bit tired. I saw war3mapMap.tga on my desktop, which was in .tga format. I thought I had imported them in the world editor and got the problem I was having. Reading the FoolsGoodMans posts made me realize, I never imported them in .tga format. I had converted them to .blp and imported them which is how I had always done it in the past to get a minimap picture. Do you understand? The .tga was converted to .blp. It wasn't a .blp with a .tga extension. It was a .blp. Which apparently no longer works. Any other questions?

Level 3
Not sure if low key talking shit or from a country where the keyboards has the "E" and "O" keys right next to each other.

Nah you were actually legitimately helpful. I just have dyslexia and sometimes I mix up words that sound similar, Feels, Fools, and my brain just legit WON'T register it. You were honestly helpful. It's the other two coming in and talking down to me that's annoying. Blizzard has released patches that scrambled all string variables if you saved in the editor, but I'm the crazy one for assuming they fucked up minimaps being saved as .blps? Alright.

Level 18
Okay I'll go real slowly for you so you can understand.
Excuse me for trying to make sense of a situation that already took like 20 posts and is apparently still not resolved. No need to be so hostile.

The .tga was converted to .blp. It wasn't a .blp with a .tga extension. It was a .blp.
So you imported a .blp file and called it war3mapMap.blp? Do you really need so many words to explain that?

Any other questions?
Can you post the .blp file in question? It may be incorrectly formatted, fake mipmaps or whatever, I'm sure @Dr Super Good can tell you more about that.

Level 3
Excuse me for trying to make sense of a situation that already took like 20 posts and is apparently still not resolved. No need to be so hostile.

So you imported a .blp file and called it war3mapMap.blp? Do you really need so many words to explain that?

Can you post the .blp file in question? It may be incorrectly formatted, fake mipmaps or whatever, I'm sure @Dr Super Good can tell you more about that.

It's been resolved man. I'm all good now. Aside from some blurryness, FeelsGoodMan told me everything I needed to know. Then Wrda came in acting like I was an idiot, so I responded to him, then you responded to me, under the impression I still needed help, but I took that for you talking down to me like he was so I responded in kind. I'm sorry if I misread you.

But no everythings fine with the minimap. Importing it as a .tga works, using it as a .blp doesn't work, which I assume is Blizzards fault. I literally used the same image I was using for the .tga as a .blp (when converted to .blp i did not just change the extension of a .blp to tga) but as a .blp it doesn't work, it does as a .tga. Same image. So I guess it just has to be .tga's now.

Again I apologize for the hostility, I misread you.

Level 18
It's been resolved man. I'm all good now. Aside from some blurryness, FeelsGoodMan told me everything I needed to know. Then Wrda came in acting like I was an idiot, so I responded to him, then you responded to me, under the impression I still needed help, but I took that for you talking down to me like he was so I responded in kind. I'm sorry if I misread you.

But no everythings fine with the minimap. Importing it as a .tga works, using it as a .blp doesn't work, which I assume is Blizzards fault. I literally used the same image I was using for the .tga as a .blp (when converted to .blp i did not just change the extension of a .blp to tga) but as a .blp it doesn't work, it does as a .tga. Same image. So I guess it just has to be .tga's now.

Again I apologize for the hostility, I misread you.
It's alright. I know you solved the problem now by using .tga, but since you claimed that .blp does no longer work I wanted to clarify the situation. I hope that clears up the misunderstanding.

Level 3
It's alright. I know you solved the problem now by using .tga, but since you claimed that .blp does no longer work I wanted to clarify the situation. I hope that clears up the misunderstanding.

If you want to test a .blp, feel free. I could just be an idiot. But I mean, before this patch came out, I had a .blp in my import editor that was functioning as a minimap. After the patch came out, I was doing some tests on my map, and noticed the minimap is completely fucked now. I didn't touch it. That's what lead me here, because I had to figure out why it suddenly stopped working and how to fix it.

Level 28
I don't know if this bug has been reported before or not but I just found out that if a unit is devoured and the unit that devoured it gets hexed during the devour process, the devoured unit will be lost forever after the devouring unit dies.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't know if this bug has been reported before or not but I just found out that if a unit is devoured and the unit that devoured it gets hexed during the devour process, the devoured unit will be lost forever after the devouring unit dies.
Should be tested with Polymorph too and also on/over other spells and their buffs.

In the Demo Campaign (official TfT custom campaign), when Sen'Jin is shown in the intro, a Footman can be seen in the distance on the right of the screen. I guess it's because in the newer patches they increased the camera visibility for the widescreen aspect.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I tried to open my map Mana Gathering in the editor.
It shows for few seconds the loading progress and then it closes without any error message or anything...
1.31.1 has issues with trigger comments (those between triggers not those created via actions).
Had to recreate the ones in the Wind folder but I did not keep the text that was inside them.

I used 1.30.4 to open the map first to do the debugging in tandem with the 1.31.1 editor.
The map crashed right at the end of the triggers load bar.

Attached the fix below.

Attachments

• Mana Gathering v1.2b (deepszFix).w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
Level 28
Should be tested with Polymorph too and also on/over other spells and their buffs.
Yeah, same thing happens with Polymorph.

Found another bug : The Spirit Walker's Ancestral Spirit ability has a problem with upkeep. If you test it on a melee map, it works just fine since you can build farms to provide food but if you test it for example in a dungeon map where there are no food supplies, then the ability doesn't work because of the upkeep.
1.31.1 has issues with trigger comments (those between triggers not those created via actions).
Wait, are you saying that if I use comments between triggers, the map/campaign will crash on the latest patch?

What game version, beta 1.32?
Nope, just 1.31.1.
Are those custom icons used for the buffs? Try normal/game icons.
I have tried everything already. Even icons in Blizzard melee maps are black.

Normally I would have thought this is a local issue but it happens on 3 different computers.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I'm not really sure but I can safely say it didn't happen around 1 month ago.
Did it happen when you worked on your RPG? I don't remember you complaining about it.

Very weird indeed.
Did you do a fresh install on those other computers and test without loading xyours_trulyx's map?
Have you always connected to B.net when installing, through the app?

Did it happen when you worked on your RPG? I don't remember you complaining about it.
Nope, didn't happen when I worked on that.

Did you do a fresh install on those other computers and test without loading xyours_trulyx's map?
I haven't tried this, and I have suspected that this might be the issue but I literally see no reason at all why that would happen. I will try clearing my cache and local files first and see if that fixes it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I haven't tried this, and I have suspected that this might be the issue but I literally see no reason at all why that would happen. I will try clearing my cache and local files first and see if that fixes it.
Did he use anything suspicious to make the map, edited with another editor or something? What game version is he running, what localization?

Well, something seems to have changed in your game files or like that.
I suffer from a severe case of amnesia it would seem.

I used a custom MiscData file to make steep hills in his map and showed him how to use the same MiscData. After removing the MiscData file buff icons showed up again.

Level 28
You can't order units to cast Phoenix spell.
Yes, you're right. It's because of the order string, in the Object Editor it says the order id of the phoenix ability is "phoenix" while in reality it's "summonphoenix"
Anyway, it can be fixed with a custom script :
  • Cast Phoenix
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing 1 as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call IssueImmediateOrderBJ( gg_unit_Hblm_0001, "summonphoenix" )

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not sure if it's an actual bug or not (seems that way though).
I've opened the campaign maps through the file->open->Blizzard Campaigns and some units have their names renamed to P like the three demons in OrcX02_10 from the Bonus Campaign.
Testing the map with the editor's option also shows those P names ingame.
First I thought it might be just some dummy units but when I opened the map mentioned above it became clear that something was wrong.

An annoying thing is that when you want to load another map, instead of showing the Blizzard Campaign window+tab where I last loaded a map from, the editor shows the window with the last out of the game files folder I last loaded a map from.

Last edited:
Level 28
Major bug : The Goblin Tinker's Engineering Upgrade ability is bugged, it causes the hero to lose all his learned abilities after he's reloaded from the campaign game cache, not only that be he also loses his skills points making it impossible to restore his abilities.

Edit : The only solution to this problem for now is to reset all his abilities with the "Tome of Retraining" and modify the skills points.

Last edited: