• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of Bugs & Issues for 1.30.1+

Due to the amount of issues addressed in 1.30.1's PTR which started in 1.30.0, I figured a new thread should be made to report bugs and give feedback. The previous thread was getting pretty long. Please only make comments relevant to patch 1.30.1 or greater. If you made a post about an issue on 1.30.0 and it still exists on 1.30.1 please comment with a link to your post.

Current Live Patch
1.30.1 (1.30b)

Current PTR Patch
- old

Last edited:
Reactions: pyf
Level 5
upload_2018-8-29_20-33-13.png

when clicking still.
good job blz

Level 1
61ce39dbb6fd52667db84a31a618972bd407360d.jpg
FPS没有限制?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III Public Test\Video]
"resheight"=dword:00010086

Situation after modification of resolution

Last edited:
Level 5
61ce39dbb6fd52667db84a31a618972bd407360d.jpg
FPS没有限制?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III Public Test\Video]
"resheight"=dword:00010086

Situation after modification of resolution
Many thank blz for that change on the blz classic game forum. But it doesn't make any difference to me.

3D Sounds are still bugged. You can now attach them to a unit or play across a region, but you hear nothing in-game. I tried both Sound - Add 3D sound across Region and Sound - Attach 3D sound to Unit. A test map is attached.

Also, custom movies played with the PlayCinematic JASS command play fine, but after the movie, the game goes into a bugged mode and returns to the campaign main screen. If you click any button in the bugged mode, the result is a permanent black screen. You can try it out with my special build of Gnoll Campaign. What should be fixed is:
1. After the movie, the game should continue to the next chapter.
2. No bugged mode, the game should function normally.

Attachments

• 3dsoundtest3.w3m
    547.4 KB · Views: 228
In the german version of warcraft 3 some Unit-Sounds are using the english UnitSounds:
This is a list of sounds i found using world Editor Sound Editor.
ShamanPissed1
ShamanPissed2
ShamanPissed5
ShamanWhat1
ShamanWhat2
ShamanWhat3
ShamanWhat4
ShamanYes1
ShamanYes3
ShamanYes4
ShamanYesAttack1
ShamanYesAttack2
ShamanYesAttack3

KodoBeastPissed3

GromYesAttack3
GromYesAttack4 (Maybe the voice sounds somehow different but grom only roars here)

FurionPissed1
FurionPissed2
FurionPissed3
FurionPissed4
FurionWarcry1
FurionWhat1
FurionWhat2
FurionWhat3
FurionYes2 (other voice, but elf language)
FurionYes3
FurionYesAttack1 (other voice, but elf language)

Level 23
Ok - Ok. I was upset enough that I decided to stay up late at night to check if what I suspected is true.

I recently saved a number of maps in a another person's campaign on 1.30. It completely bugged the AI for every single computer AI using AI made with the AI editor. When those missions were played, the AI just sent both the workers meant for getting gold and the ones meant to getting lumber to the gold mine, and made nothing else. So all that happened was there was an overstocked goldmine with 8-9 peons trying to mine it, the AI did nothing else. The other maps in the campaign work fine, since they were saved on 1.29. I just had my friend test the maps on the PTR, and the exact same problem persists. I will post screenshots later.

Let me explain why this is so upsetting. I thought that bugs related to 1.30 were ones that affected how the game was played, but once the next patch came the gameplay would be fixed, since the errors related to 1.30 did not actually effect the map itself, but just how it was played. What this AI bug shows is that anything made with 1.30 actually completely ruins the map, and there is no reason why it does so. The only changes I made to those maps were language /grammar mistakes.

In addition to those to maps in that campaign, I have recently edited 2 entire campaigns on behalf of 2 other people, all done in 1.30. Of course I didn't bother testing, since there was no reason for me to suspect anything would go wrong.

Can I just ask, has this 1.30 version actually destroyed those maps, and was I just a fool to spend time on those 2 maps in that campaign + the other 2 entire campaigns on 1.30? Like I said, I had no issue with 1.30 affecting gameplay, but it seems it has actually destroyed AIs permanently in maps. This is really upsetting for me. 2 entire campaigns + 2 maps in 1 campaign are all heavily based on melee gameplay, which includes AI. These maps will be ruined if the AI is permanently broken.

I will add pictures tomorrow, but there is nothing to see--- just 9 peons on 1 goldmine, not making anything.

Edit1: Also, the fact that the map reviewer who discovered the bugs was on 1.29 is important, since it means it actually messed up the map itself, not just affecting the gameplay (of course it bugged on 1.30 and the PTR as I said above, but just want to emphasise this). If it was just limited to 1.30 and the PTR, maybe you could argue its just a gameplay issue,and has not effected the core map itself. But if someone on 1.29 had the same error, it means 1.30 permanently destroyed the AI.

I can understand a permanent bug affecting maps made on a PTR, since they are still tests. But I made these on 1.30, an official release, and I waited a week or so to use it incase of any huge bugs. I really hope someone can explain how a permanent error could have occurred such as this.

Edit 2: Pictures

BROWN PTR.jpg
RED PTR.jpg
GREEN PTR.jpg
YELLOW PTR.jpg

Last edited:
Ok - Ok. I was upset enough that I decided to stay up late at night to check if what I suspected is true.

I recently saved a number of maps in a another person's campaign on 1.30. It completely bugged the AI for every single computer AI using AI made with the AI editor. When those missions were played, the AI just sent both the workers meant for getting gold and the ones meant to getting lumber to the gold mine, and made nothing else. So all that happened was there was an overstocked goldmine with 8-9 peons trying to mine it, the AI did nothing else. The other maps in the campaign work fine, since they were saved on 1.29. I just had my friend test the maps on the PTR, and the exact same problem persists. I will post screenshots later.

Let me explain why this is so upsetting. I thought that bugs related to 1.30 were ones that affected how the game was played, but once the next patch came the gameplay would be fixed, since the errors related to 1.30 did not actually effect the map itself, but just how it was played. What this AI bug shows is that anything made with 1.30 actually completely ruins the map, and there is no reason why it does so. The only changes I made to those maps were language /grammar mistakes.

In addition to those to maps in that campaign, I have recently edited 2 entire campaigns on behalf of 2 other people, all done in 1.30. Of course I didn't bother testing, since there was no reason for me to suspect anything would go wrong.

Can I just ask, has this 1.30 version actually destroyed those maps, and was I just a fool to spend time on those 2 maps in that campaign + the other 2 entire campaigns on 1.30? Like I said, I had no issue with 1.30 affecting gameplay, but it seems it has actually destroyed AIs permanently in maps. This is really upsetting for me. 2 entire campaigns + 2 maps in 1 campaign are all heavily based on melee gameplay, which includes AI. These maps will be ruined if the AI is permanently broken.

I will add pictures tomorrow, but there is nothing to see--- just 9 peons on 1 goldmine, not making anything.

Edit1: Also, the fact that the map reviewer who discovered the bugs was on 1.29 is important, since it means it actually messed up the map itself, not just affecting the gameplay (of course it bugged on 1.30 and the PTR as I said above, but just want to emphasise this). If it was just limited to 1.30 and the PTR, maybe you could argue its just a gameplay issue,and has not effected the core map itself. But if someone on 1.29 had the same error, it means 1.30 permanently destroyed the AI.

I can understand a permanent bug affecting maps made on a PTR, since they are still tests. But I made these on 1.30, an official release, and I waited a week or so to use it incase of any huge bugs. I really hope someone can explain how a permanent error could have occurred such as this.

Edit 2: Pictures
Blizzard left "Imported files in custom campaigns silently corrupt on save" bug to patch 1.30. It is fixed in 1.30.1 PTR.
As a result, you MUST NOT use 1.30.0 World Editor to edit campaigns. It will totally destroy your maps. You must use 1.30.1 PTR or wait that 1.30.1 is released to live servers.

Also, custom movies played with the PlayCinematic JASS command play fine, but after the movie, the game goes into a bugged mode and returns to the campaign main screen. If you click any button in the bugged mode, the result is a permanent black screen. You can try it out with my special build of Gnoll Campaign. What should be fixed is:
1. After the movie, the game should continue to the next chapter.
2. No bugged mode, the game should function normally.
Also, we noticed that if you use 1.29 version of the Gnoll Campaign, playing the movie crashes the game. It should not crash but silently move to the next chapter without playing the movie that it cannot find or decode.

Level 23
Blizzard left "Imported files in custom campaigns silently corrupt on save" bug to patch 1.30. It is fixed in 1.30.1 PTR.
As a result, you MUST NOT use 1.30.0 World Editor to edit campaigns. It will totally destroy your maps. You must use 1.30.1 PTR or wait that 1.30.1 is released to live servers.
That is really sad the a patch blizzard released for an entire month actually corrupted maps. Just so I can check though, does editing the campaign object data affect anything if the editing was done on 1.30? The person who found the bugs only encountered the AI issue on those 2 maps I edited on 1.30. The other maps seemed to have no issues, even though I edited the general campaign object data while on 1.30.

Thanks anyway though Tommi for letting me know about this file corruption. I guess it was my fault for not checking through those posts to see if there was any permanent corruption caused by 1.30.....

Just so I can check though, does editing the campaign object data affect anything if the editing was done on 1.30?
You should not use the 1.30.0 World Editor at all to edit campaigns. If you happen to save the map file inside the campaign, it will automatically corrupt all map imports in the Import Manager (F12).

Reactions: pyf
We tested the new patch 1.30.1.10211 with the Gnoll Campaign (special build).

Bugs found
1. Most cinematic musics don't play. We have used the Sound - Set Music Volume to 0% trigger action and then the cinematic music is played with Sound - Play Sound trigger action (all these sounds are in the Default effect and the General channel). However, we found a couple of cinematics where the musics still worked. We also found that one reason may be that if you play the music immediately after putting the cinematic mode on, it may not work. We tried to move the Sound - Play Sound trigger actions after 1.50-second waits, and then they started to work normally.
2. If you stop a sound using the Sound - Stop Sound trigger action with the "stop after fading" option, the fading does not seem to work. The sound stops immediately.
3. Normal music does not resume after Gnarl Goldmane's avatar music theme has played. We used the Sound - Stop Music Theme trigger action to do that previously. Now, that trigger action does not do it anymore. You need to use the Sound - Resume Music trigger action to actually resume the music. This, of course, breaks backward compatibility.
4. 3D sound (across a region) does not work when we moved its Sound - Add 3D Sound across a region trigger action after a 1.50-second wait (after the music played with Sound - Play Sound started to work, then the 3D sound stopped working).

Bug fixes found
1. Custom movies work correctly again but they need to be placed inside a campaign file and encoded into VP9 CQ AVI with a separate sound track. Thanks!

Changed behaviours found
1. User interface sounds have been set to 0% during the cinematic mode. This means no button clicking sounds in dialogs, and also all other sounds in the User Interface channel do not play during cinematics. You need to manually set User Interface sounds to 100%. Is this inteded behaviour?

We fixed most of these problems for Gnoll Campaign C1R5, but Blizzard should consider if the bugs should fixed so that the 1.30 branch would resemble 1.29 in behavior.

Edit: 3D Sounds still do not work perfectly.
Edit: We updated the Gnoll Campaign on the Hive Workshop to work with this patch. Only 3D sounds do not work.

Last edited:
Level 5
Preloader() and PreloadGenEnd() behave differently for players with cyrillic user names.
Preloader() reads *.pld files perfectly fine from windows user with cyrillic name but PreloadGenEnd() requires you to run warcraft in admin mode because it writes *.pld files into another folder.
This is my user folder "C:\Users\Дмитрий\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomMapData"
And this is folder where PreloadGenEnd() writes files to "C:\Users\Дмитрий\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomMapData"

For now there are 2 solutions for this problem:
1. Create new windows user with non-cyrillic name
2. Manually move created files from folder to folder after each data save with PreloadGenEnd()

Level 2
Hello everyone,

I'm here to discuss several problems with the new 1.30.1 patch.

Anyone can post there problems here and maybe we can solve one or the other :D

So let me start first:

Many, and I mean like half of my custom maps now have the following problem:
5d5a3b8444.jpg

When you try to start the map it says:
c0e500c24a.jpg

Now I have tested this with maaany maps, changed location of them, put them in the documents folder and directly in the war3/maps folder, didn't work either way...

The next problem is that many visual effects play one time, the next time not; in the same map and in the same game.

Same with custom sounds, playing one time, next time not.

Let's see if anyone else has this problems :D

Greeting

Level 4
I've found that the new native to "Cancel Timed Life" actually just outright kills the unit. Some more testing and I've found that other methods of removing timed life (removing the specific buff, removing all buffs including expiration timers) do the same. Is there any way to remove an expiration timer that doesn't involve merely pausing it or killing the unit in the process?

Level 1
Since the patch it takes several minutes from launching the game to the game actually starting, with no indication that the computer is processing anything (other than being able to see the process in task manager). I am using Windows 10. Not sure if this is the right place to post about it, but I don't know where else.

Level 20
I've found that the new native to "Cancel Timed Life" actually just outright kills the unit. Some more testing and I've found that other methods of removing timed life (removing the specific buff, removing all buffs including expiration timers) do the same. Is there any way to remove an expiration timer that doesn't involve merely pausing it or killing the unit in the process?
That's normal behavior for units with Timed Life.

Level 14
It is just me or there are big differences about FPS consistency and lag spike. I play a normal melee game with 3 computers, got a few lags and then after 15 minutes, the lag is getting heavier to the point I can barely keep up with my mouse. I use windows 10, didn't have any other running process during gameplay.

Level 11
Today I felt the urge to play Rexxar's campaign again, and I encountered a visual bug when I met the Harpy Queen, her name did not appear and her level was displayed in random places of the game view, depending on where the camera were pointing at. See the two screenshots attached ("niveau 10" = level 10).

I had never seen this bug before, first time was when playing with 1.30.1 (I haven't tried playing this campaign with every single patch though)

Attachments

• TextBug01.jpg
    TextBug01.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 196
  • TextBug02.png
    TextBug02.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 216
Level 5
Today I felt the urge to play Rexxar's campaign again, and I encountered a visual bug when I met the Harpy Queen, her name did not appear and her level was displayed in random places of the game view, depending on where the camera were pointing at. See the two screenshots attached ("niveau 10" = level 10).

I had never seen this bug before, first time was when playing with 1.30.1 (I haven't tried playing this campaign with every single patch though)
because it has characters that is not in war3 charset. Same issue with chinese version war3.

Level 11
because it has characters that is not in war3 charset. Same issue with chinese version war3.
Not sure this is the reason why, because the harpy's name is Bloodfeather, even in the French version (it wasn't translated), so no unusual character. Plus, other units with French-specific characters such as é, è, à, etc, don't display that kind of bug.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Not sure this is the reason why, because the harpy's name is Bloodfeather, even in the French version (it wasn't translated), so no unusual character. Plus, other units with French-specific characters such as é, è, à, etc, don't display that kind of bug.
Maybe, there are different strings nevertheless and that part is bugged?

Level 14
The Chain Lightning, Spirit Link, Ray of Disruption or similar spell type, when you want them to affect player units only. You change the target allowed in OE, but end up with only first target is correct. The spell keep jumping from friendly units even you not allow it.

Level 11
Again in Rexxar's campaign, Act One, main map. Some cinematics (the one with the dying chaman, the one with the grunt at the scout camp...) are bugged: dialogs are automatically almost skipped. More specifically, all dialogs last like 0.2 seconds, which drastically reduce cinematics durations.

These bugs had never occured before.

Level 5
In the lastest patch 1.30.2, a lot of sound issues has been fixed which blizzard feel embarrassed to list on the notes. However, a lot of custom maps are suffering from new lags brought by this patch.

Level 1
5:4 aspect ratio bug (click positions scaled too far left or right) still occurring on 1.30.1.10211
I'm also noticing that the frame rate is a lot lower than on previous versions.

Level 5
5:4 aspect ratio bug (click positions scaled too far left or right) still occurring on 1.30.1.10211
I'm also noticing that the frame rate is a lot lower than on previous versions.
The frame rate is not just a little lower. If a map is played longer than 20min or 30 min, the whole game will stuck, fps drop to 20 or lower, especially when you scroll the screen. It happens both on Bilzzard map/campaign and custom maps. The bug is related to the sound engine I guess, because it get fixed a lot from 1.30.1 to 1.30.2.

On Patch 1.30.2 PTR, when I play a sound from the Sound Editor using a trigger, the "Pitch" setting only applies the first time that the sound is played. Subsequent attempts to play the sound revert to a Pitch value of 1.0. I confirmed from an older version of the game that used the Miles sound system, instead of FMOD, that it was not a problem in the older version.

I know that bug from Jampion.
In patch 1.30.1 using the natives BlzSetUnitAbilityCooldown/BlzSetUnitManacost onto an unit-morph ability (bearform, metamorph, submerge....) will crash the game as soon the unit tries to use that ability.
Further: Corpse animating spells also bug with that natives. Edit( only raise skeleton type spells)
According to Jampion also polymorph, if it does, it won't crash instantly from my testing.

In the uploaded map write "mana" to set manacosts of the relevant spells to 1.
write "cooldown" to set cooldowns to 1.

Attachments

• Test BlzSetUnitCooldown ManaCost.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

LeP

LeP

Level 13
It seems like StringHash was changed.
This used to be true:
JASS:
StringHash("äöü") == 1243485226
StringHash("我") == 1458977629
But now it is like this:
JASS:
StringHash("äöü") == 437096840
StringHash("我") == 800563971
Not that it only changed for multibyte characters.
If someone can drop me the disassemble of StringHash i could reverse it myself.

LeP

LeP

Level 13
I've had desyncs between clients who used non-ASCII names when using stringhash ops, cannot even say what it depends on exactly, but results are differs between 2 PCs if one of those PC (wc3?) has UTF support and other dont (i'm always the 2nd case) on 1.26
i would still like the algorithm. doing unsafe operations with it is not its fault.

Advanced -> Adjust Cliff Levels... with waters is completely broken.
It does not adust water level.
If you increase the cliff levels, the water will disappear beneath the surface.
If you decrease the cliff levels, the water will remain on higher level and make some kind of a water bed with possible water cliffs.
Try it out yourselves!

Level 20
Advanced -> Adjust Cliff Levels... with waters is completely broken.
It does not adust water level.
If you increase the cliff levels, the water will disappear beneath the surface.
If you decrease the cliff levels, the water will remain on higher level and make some kind of a water bed with possible water cliffs.
Try it out yourselves!
I have to believe that is intentional as that's the way I've always known it to function.

At the very least, it's functioned like that for years, and there was rarely a need to use this function (and I have actually used it to 'drain water' before). Unless it functioned a different way in earlier versions.