1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Or an issue tracker could be set up. That way one can filter for only open issues.

2. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This is a common error, mostly experienced before but setting a unit's coordinates outside of, or at least, on the maximum X and y coordinates of the world bounds would be a lot more prone to crashing.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's an issue with campaign filename length and transition between maps:
    Fixing Old Campaigns

4. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
  5. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Since Patch 1.30: World Editor crahses when compiling the jass file, if the variable Editor contains a variable of unknown Type (not defined in TriggerData) but valid jass Type example "unitpool".

The attached map contains such a unknown variable of type "unitpool" and crashs on V1.3.

Edit: For people affected by this you proably modified World Editor Data, you need to change your files position a bit checkout.
    Or you copied a spell using such unknown variables.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  6. BLOKKADE

BLOKKADE

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the report, the issue is being looked into and seems it is not just limited to channel but all abilities that are given unusual targets like eat tree on a unit.

8. Karifean

Karifean

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Several of the Orc Shaman's unit soundset in the German version seems to have been replaced with the English version in patch 1.30. Not all of them though, but from what I can tell it affected Pissed1, Pissed2, Pissed5, What1-4, Yes1, Yes3, Yes4, YesAttack1-3.

Might as well take the opportunity to mention that Grom Hellscream's YesAttack3 has suffered from this problem for a long time already, though in that case I'm not sure it was ever any different.

Not sure if any other units are affected.

9. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tested this just now on 1.30

The Action "Unit - Disable Ability" doesn't work as intended. If Disable = True and Hide UI = False, the ability will continue playing it's art effects.

For example, I have an Instant non-channeling ability based on Channel with a 4 second Art Duration and Art - Caster = Thunderclap.
    I have a trigger that says "When you start the effect of an ability (Channel), then disable it = true and hide ui = false.

With this setup, the Channel ability is disabled as intended, but it's 4 second Thunderclap animation bugs out and will loop forever (every 4 seconds in this case).

It's a purely visual bug. The ability can't be cast while disabled as intended, and there is no issue if you don't use the Art Effect fields via the object editor (as far as I know).

Edit: Turns out the disable unit ability/hide ability actions don't really work at all, although i'm sure everyone knew that already...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Is this new? As far as I am aware disabling abilities that are in use has always been buggy as it likely was not a design consideration when WC3 was being made.

11. mwsdevcom

mwsdevcom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Casting two abilities, based on different spells which have same BuffID on the same unit crashes the game. It worked ok in 1.29.
    Attaching map with reproducer case.

Attached Files:

12. BLOKKADE

BLOKKADE

Resources:
    Resources:
    in 1.30 (with the hotfix) if you have a hero with an ability based on the Orb of Slow item ability and the hero dies, the ability you have a chance of casting on attack becomes available for casting.

I also tested it in 1.29 to make sure and it doesn't happen there.

Warcraft III 2018.08.11 - 02.00.29.03 - Streamable

Attached Files:

13. pick-a-chew

pick-a-chew

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Weird, i used to get crashes from that in 1.28.5. Maybe it's related to the IDs you are using?

14. mwsdevcom

mwsdevcom

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't say about 1.28 for sure, but it definitely did not crash on 1.26, 1.27 and 1.29. I had a spell which made dummy cast innerfire, bloodlust, curse and soulburn on one target. All had same buffid.

15. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm getting a crash on startup when using windows compatibility settings.

"Required library 'WINTRUST.dll' not found"

This happens on windows 7 with "disable visual themes" checked in the compatibility settings. The game successfully launched for me once I turned it off.

Googling this error turned up a few similar issues people were having with starcraft 2. So it's not unique to this patch.

16. RagnarokBazil

RagnarokBazil

Resources:
    Resources:
  17. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Links please?

18. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    BlzSetAbilityResearchExtendedTooltip

Does not work anymore. Most of the times the tooltip would just be empty. Sometimes you get weird stuff that looks similar to parts of rawcodes or you get file paths (e.g. ReplaceableTextures\...) to some UI elements. Also if you enter the same argument the tooltip might even change.

Attached Files:

19. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Testmap works fine for me when testing from editor. Please elaborate instructions to recreate.

20. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    The research and normal tooltip of acid bomb are supposed to be the same.
    Initially they are supposed to be 726, but the research tooltip shows something else. Most of the times it is empty, but sometimes it shows one or two seemingly random characters.
    If you type a chat string prefixed with a "-" the tooltips are changed to that, so you can check different tooltips. Though it is not required, because the initial tooltip already shows the bug.

I tested it on 1.30.0.9922 both from the editor and by starting another map noramlly in warcraft.