• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
There's also this:

a.png

Level 14
In that screenshot it shows you have not increased the resolution and it's at 1024x576 which is very low. I asked you earlier if you turned it up and you said yes but this screenshot shows otherwise.

Sorry I was getting mixed up and thinking about the following code:

JASS:
function BoolexprTest takes nothing returns nothing // no boolean
endfunction

call TriggerAddCondition(t, Filter(function BoolexprTest)) // valid
It doesnt make any difference its same fuzzy look as in 4:3 and its 1024x768 ingame screenshot.
It looks bad as you are only running it at 1024*576 pixels.

Turn off fixed aspect ratio, select Resolution pulldown and choose your display's native resolution. The result is super clean/smooth HD depending on your display capabilities.

Anyway your images do show a bug. It is reporting resolution as "1024x768x0" where it should actually be saying "1024x768x32" or "1024x768". This is purely a display error as Warcraft III was designed to support 16 bit colour as well as 32bit colour but modern OSes only support 32bit colour.

For wide screen resolutions the fixed aspect ratio flag must be off, otherwise it will only list 4:3 resolutions. Most consumer displays are 16:9 now so chances are you will want a wide screen resolution.
You said same thing to me when 1.28 rolled out xD i dont give a damn about 16:9 i always play on 4:3 with black bars so ui like command bar and map is on edge of the screen. I want it to work and display properly because it does display correctly in 1.28.5
EDIT: Here are the screenshots so you quit blaming me for that -_-
1)1.29 ptr
unknown.png
2)1.28.5
unknown.png
Same exact settings, difference being that 1.28.5 is razor sharp in comparison(tho i would love some higher 4:3 res detected since i have 1080p screen, something around vertical 800 would be good....icons would get too small and it would be even sharper on text)
Graphics settings dropbars look stretched, buttons look less detailed.

Last edited:
Level 13
  • Special Effect - Play Effect, anim index: AnimIndex
  • Special Effect - Play Effect, anim index: AnimIndex, time scale: 1.00
Those functions don't seem to work properly. The last one does change the animation speed from a special effect, though.

• Anim Init
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set AnimIndex = 2
      • Unit - Create 1 Abomination for Player 1 (Red) at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (-128.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Unit = (Last created unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (128.00, 0.00)) using units\undead\Abomination\Abomination.mdl
      • Set Effect = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Set Roll of Effect to: (270.00 x DEGTORAD)
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Current anim by ind... at (Center of TextTag <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Set TextTag = (Last created floating text)
  • Change Anim
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set AnimIndex = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 1))))
      • Floating Text - Change text of TextTag to (Current anim by index: |cffffcc00 + ((String(AnimIndex)) + |r)) using font size 10.00
  • Play Anim
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Unit, udg_AnimIndex)
      • Special Effect - Play Effect, anim index: AnimIndex

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Same exact settings, difference being that 1.28.5 is razor sharp in comparison(tho i would love some higher 4:3 res detected since i have 1080p screen, something around vertical 800 would be good....icons would get too small and it would be even sharper on text)
It detects what your GPU says it supports. You can still force a resolution like 1440*1080 like I did.

That said Warcraft III does now support wide screen in 1.29 so you need to disable fixed aspect ratio and simply choose your display's native resolution.
well a few problems with 48/9 format, (kinda works i guess) in game. But in the menu the mouse moved 1/3 of the speed sideways, still moving at the originall speed up and down. Maybe becouse the menu is 4/3 format but the mouse is treated as 48/9?
Yeh I doubt they will be supporting that fully. Practically no game does as few people have such insane display setups.

Level 12
I consider this a bug because it's normally possible (and intended) to be able to use 0,-11 for button positions: You can't set a Button Position to this (0,-11) via the new button position functions.

I'd also like to request that we can change Unit button positions, and really any button positions in general, as well.

EDIT: Looks like you can see other player's mana bars? That's really strange and probably a bug, but there's no way to tell for sure.

"Multiboards aren't placed at the top right point of the new 16:9 resolution but at the old 4:3 position. Chat is as well. Is this intentional?"

I almost think this would be intentional because that keeps them in the same positions as before. Like how the Minimap and Command Card are not in the corners, either, but instead in the same positions as they'd be in 4:3

Last edited:
Level 2
SetUnitNameAll() is not working. And I think it would be better to take the unitid as an argument instead of a unit.

SetItemName() is working. But it works like SetItemNameAll().
Other item setters are the same.

Level 9
-added base damage doesnt affect illusions, and is lost on morph abillities like militia call
-mouse event still working when game is paused
-the fps in main menu and ingame is choppy
things i would like added
+abillity to add condition stopping mouse click event to not work when the cursor is at UI
+60fps support
+player-only tooltip change(for example show damage on tooltip based on stat of hero)

Last edited:
Level 9
I was messing up with the new natives on ability cooldown.
function SetUnitAbilityCooldown takes unit u, integer abilityId, real timeout, real remaining returns nothing
//Modifies the current cooldown progress of an ability for a unit. Timeout will clamp remaining for logical reasons. Set timeout or remaining to zero to instantly complete cooldown.

I tought that you can modify the cooldown after the ability is casted. It says the ''current cooldown progress'' of the ability. So i tired to do a simple trigger to modifiy it but it doesnt. It only effect the cooldown after the ability is finished casting. Did i misunderstand the description? Also the timeout real in the function is the level of the ability for the hero in the editor, so it's not a real number.

Level 8
This texture has malformed mipmap images (mipmaps above 32*32 are all 32*32 instead of their correct sizes).

This texture has nonsense alpha bits value (JPEG content does not support 6 bit alpha).
Yes well they worked before ptr so i don't see how you can back it up with what you said. The point is ptr is breaking lots of approved hive content in this case the icons. Which means lots of other maps will break.

Level 13
I was messing up with the new natives on ability cooldown.

I tought that you can modify the cooldown after the ability is casted. It says the ''current cooldown progress'' of the ability. So i tired to do a simple trigger to modifiy it but it doesnt. It only effect the cooldown after the ability is finished casting. Did i misunderstand the description? Also the timeout real in the function is the level of the ability for the hero in the editor, so it's not a real number.

The native currently looks like this:
native SetUnitAbilityCooldown takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, integer level, real cooldown returns nothing
Perhaps they ignored the comment, and took into consideration the name of the suggested function.

Level 9
The native currently looks like this:
native SetUnitAbilityCooldown takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, integer level, real cooldown returns nothing
Perhaps they ignored the comment, and took into consideration the name of the suggested function.

OH, my bad i was thinking that the functions in that post were the same added in the game

After saving and loading a 24 player match in Custom Game, some objects' pathing for buildings are not removed when destroyed. For example; chopped down trees
Imgur
and depleted gold mines
Imgur

Also, the tooltip above buildings and units disappear after 5 or so seconds even with the cursor hovering over it.
Imgur

I can't reproduce any of these bugs. Can you send me the savegame + map?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes well they worked before ptr so i don't see how you can back it up with what you said.
They worked somehow before. Just like many others did not work.
The point is ptr is breaking lots of approved hive content in this case the icons.
Which should not have been approved in the first place as they are malformed.
Which means lots of other maps will break.
It really should not be crashing, and that is likely a bug. However if they fail to load then that really is not Blizzard's problem as they are technically malformed files made by third party tools. As a content author one can easily fix them by re-encoding the full scale image in not a malformed way.
WHICH ONE?
Windows 1.0 obviously. Seeing how the game does not even run on that it is amazing he got it to work in the first place.

Removal of ReplaceableTextures\Splats\X_NameOfTexture.blp tileset specific files, and ReplaceableTextures\Water\X_WaterXX.blp tileset specific water textures breaks fanmade models that referenced them, even though it is true that these files are not used by the game engine itself.

The new native SetUnitAbilityCooldown will affect all Units with that specific ability and level (already existing ones and units not existing yet), when used with a unit having that ability (level does not have to match).

Edit:
UnitCancelTimedLife
Does not stop timed Lifes at all.
tested on trigger added ones, and on units summoned with spells.​
kills heroes having timed life instantly.
sometimes buggs randomly breaking the progressbars shown in the unit UI, if that happens the game crashes when closing the map.
Adding Timed Life to an unit having an timed life does not kill it anymore.

Last edited:

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
I've starteid making a 24 player melee map, but I've run into the following issue:
If I try to the map against the AI, in about 1 of 3 tests, one (or more) of the players spawn on top of each other. It happens to different spawn locations, and in most game it works fine. I've never had this issue with other melee maps, but then again I've never made a map for more than 8 players. Did anyone run into a similar problem yet?

Though not technically a bug on Blizzard's part, I would like to share this one.
If anyone wants temporary access to readability in the code, you can borrow from this (applies to v.1.29+ (Currently PTR)):

JASS:
/*
    Note: All of these structs are in fact just wrapper functions that would provide a layer of
          readability to the newly-introduced natives.
*/

struct UnitFunc extends array
    static method setDamage takes real r returns nothing
        call SetEventDamage(r)
    endmethod

static method getArmor takes unit u returns real
        return GetUnitArmor(u)
    endmethod

static method setArmor takes unit u, real newArmor returns nothing
        call SetUnitArmor(u, newArmor)
    endmethod
endstruct

struct EffectFunc extends array
    static method setColorByPlayer takes effect whichEffect, player p returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectColorByPlayer( whichEffect, p)
    endmethod

static method setColor takes effect which, integer red, integer green, integer blue returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectColor( which, red, green, blue)
    endmethod

static method setAlpha takes effect which, integer alpha returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectAlpha( which, alpha)
    endmethod

static method setScale takes effect which, real scale returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectScale( which, scale)
    endmethod

static method setPos takes effect which, real x, real y, real z returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectPosition( which, x, y, z)
    endmethod

static method setX takes effect which, real newX returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectX(which, newX)
    endmethod

static method setY takes effect which, real newY returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectY(which, newY)
    endmethod

static method setZ takes effect which, real newZ returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectZ(which, newZ)
    endmethod

static method setHeight takes effect which, real height returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectHeight(which, height)
    endmethod

static method setOrientation takes effect which, real pitch, real roll, real yaw returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectOrientation( which, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 )
    endmethod

static method setPitch takes effect which, real pitch returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectPitch( which, pitch )
    endmethod

static method setYaw takes effect which, real yaw returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectYaw( which, yaw )
    endmethod

static method setRoll takes effect which, real roll returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectRoll( which, roll )
    endmethod

static method setTimeScale takes effect which, real scale returns nothing
        call SetSpecialEffectTimeScale( which, 1.0 )
    endmethod

static method setTime takes effect which, real scale returns nothing
        call setTimeScale(which, scale)
    endmethod

static method setAnimIndex takes effect which, integer index returns nothing
        call PlaySpecialEffect( which, index)
    endmethod

static method setAnimIndexScale takes effect which, integer index, real scale returns nothing
        call PlaySpecialEffectWithTimeScale(which, index, scale)
    endmethod

static method getLocalX takes effect whichEffect returns real
        return GetLocalSpecialEffectX(whichEffect)
    endmethod

static method getLocalY takes effect whichEffect returns real
        return GetLocalSpecialEffectY(whichEffect)
    endmethod

static method getLocalZ takes effect which returns real
        return GetLocalSpecialEffectZ(which)
    endmethod
endstruct

struct TrigFunc extends array
    static method registerAnyUnitEventBJ takes trigger t, playerunitevent whichEvent returns nothing
        local integer i = 0
        loop
            call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(t, Player(i), whichEvent, null)

exitwhen i >= GetBJMaxPlayerSlots()
            set i = i + 1
        endloop
    endmethod
endstruct

Also, I think some of the game text messages have not been taken into account, and the text has shrunk considerably.

upload_2018-2-25_21-57-25.png

On the plus side, mana bar seems nice...

upload_2018-2-25_21-58-39.png

All of these pictures have been taken on a screen aspect resolution of 1366*768.

(Watch out, Medusa! Anti-mage will be much more effective in Dota 1 now than ever!)

Last edited:
Level 6
Now this is a bug I found back in 1.28.5 that which I don't know if it was fixed.
Basically, if you have multiple levels on "Channel" ability (or a custom spell which has base ability Channel),
the casting time of all levels is determined by Cast time of level 1.
Don't think that's supposed to work like that.

Last edited:
Level 19
Now this is a bug I found back in 1.28.5 that which I don't know if it was fixed.
Basically, if you have multiple levels on "Channel" ability (or a custom spell which has base ability Channel),
the casting time of all levels is determined by Cast time of level 1.
Don't think that's supposed to work like that.
applies to any ability with cast time, level 1 always being inherited

Level 4
I don't think so, since I play in 1920x1080, but used to play on a very older version years ago, and I remember it being the same. I tested the new camera with Campaign and normal maps, it is zoomed out. I agree that it helps for competitive purposes, since it allows you to see pretty much everything that happens in the battlefield, but, as I said before, I can't "feel my units" anymore, with that.

Level 3
fog modifiers for players above Player(15) don't work correctly (they don't seem to start)

example code:
JASS:
scope test initializer init
    private function init takes nothing returns nothing
        local integer i = 0
        loop
            exitwhen i > 23
            call CreateFogModifierRectBJ(true, Player(i), FOG_OF_WAR_VISIBLE, bj_mapInitialPlayableArea)
            call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(Player(i), 0, 0, 60, "You are Player " + I2S(i))
            set i = i + 1
        endloop
    endfunction
endscope

example success:
O8wnGyZ.jpg

actual result:
RFfS0Xe.jpg

Attachments

• testvis.w3m
    14.1 KB · Views: 101
I think some of the new player colours need changed, 4 and 10 purple and light blue should be changed back and at least two of the White/gray colours should be changed as there's three shades of "white" just now that all look to similar. Easy solution is just make light/normal/dark variants of each colour so we could have for 24 colours:
Screenshot (1).png

Light Gray would be White obviously, dark yellow could be gold, light purple could be used if it looks sufficiently different from pink. Light brown could be added as Khaki, not sure if Dark Brown could work but it could be tested.
They should try to avoid making the colours look to neon-y or garish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.