Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Feb 22, 2018.

1. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Damn, I got fooled by JassHelper. Not even 1.27b runs a map without Condition() or Filter() in boolexpr args.

2. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is how it looks like in 4:3, when i turn the aspect ratio fixed option off it doesnt change much, still looks terrible.....it doesnt look like this in 1.28.5 and earlier....
    [​IMG]
    Edit: Also it seem i cannot play in original 4:3 anymore :(
    I hope this gets fixed so i can play either in 16:9 or 4:3 if i like, now it's just 16:9 it seems(ingame).....
    EDIT2: another thing.....while scrolling through alliance menu i cant drag the bar with my mouse and can only do it with scrolling when pointing at it. And every ticked option resets everytime i scroll. So if i ticket to share control with one play and scrolled up or down....it unticks everything that was ticked......
    Also here ingame screen shot showing the resolution.. aswell.....all text is really blurred and difigured....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  3. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    In that screenshot it shows you have not increased the resolution and it's at 1024x576 which is very low. I asked you earlier if you turned it up and you said yes but this screenshot shows otherwise.

Sorry I was getting mixed up and thinking about the following code:

Code (vJASS):
    function BoolexprTest takes nothing returns nothing // no boolean
    endfunction

call TriggerAddCondition(t, Filter(function BoolexprTest)) // valid

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It looks bad as you are only running it at 1024*576 pixels.

Turn off fixed aspect ratio, select Resolution pulldown and choose your display's native resolution. The result is super clean/smooth HD depending on your display capabilities.

Anyway your images do show a bug. It is reporting resolution as "1024x768x0" where it should actually be saying "1024x768x32" or "1024x768". This is purely a display error as Warcraft III was designed to support 16 bit colour as well as 32bit colour but modern OSes only support 32bit colour.

For wide screen resolutions the fixed aspect ratio flag must be off, otherwise it will only list 4:3 resolutions. Most consumer displays are 16:9 now so chances are you will want a wide screen resolution.

5. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Ported Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Imported textures above 256x256 dimension don't show up (models with these imported textures are black)

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I assume you are using my Java BLP library to make this file? If not then its because of faulty BLP logic since everyone until recently got it wrong.

Attached is an example map showing off a 1920*1080 texture.

It is worth noting that BLP terrain textures that are 1920*1080 appear to crash. Tga ones do not. I am unsure of the reason behind this and have not done extensive testing.

Attached Files:

7. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Ported Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    OK, this map has given me more questions than answers. How do you even create a 1920x1080 BLP? The only way I know of and use is opening an image in BLPLab and converting, and it doesn't let me convert images whose dimensions aren't 2^n...
    Maybe using BLPLab to make BLP files is causing the problem, but I don't know any other method.

8. rioru

rioru

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a diagonal (top left to bottom right) screen tearing issue that I didn't have in a normal version of Wacraft III. Anyone else having it?

EDIT: nvm, it's because the Windowed Borderless mode and my vcard has issues with that mode.

9. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My map crashes the moment a hunter spawns into the game (It does not crash the whole map, just the person that would be playing as a hunter disconnects). This was never an issue in 1.28 so i can 100% guarantee it's not a problem with my map but it's something to do with the patch. At first i tried with the 24 player version i made and it crashed. After that i looked through my triggers to see what could possibly be causing the crash but everything seemed to be in order, i than decided to try with the version of my map that worked in 1.28 and it still crashed which brings me to my verdict: The patch is breaking maps.

Here is the map: akaka's Prop Hunt 2.7

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The unit this guy who crashes gets, does it use a custom model? They changed BLP loading behaviour so it is possible some textures can cause crashes.

11. Abovegame

Abovegame

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's also this:

a.png

12. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was thinking it could be the custom model, but i tried removing the custom model and it still crashed.
    Unless i need to remove it completely in import manager.

13. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    It doesnt make any difference its same fuzzy look as in 4:3 and its 1024x768 ingame screenshot.
    You said same thing to me when 1.28 rolled out xD i dont give a damn about 16:9 i always play on 4:3 with black bars so ui like command bar and map is on edge of the screen. I want it to work and display properly because it does display correctly in 1.28.5
    EDIT: Here are the screenshots so you quit blaming me for that -_-
    1)1.29 ptr
    [​IMG]
    2)1.28.5
    [​IMG]
    Same exact settings, difference being that 1.28.5 is razor sharp in comparison(tho i would love some higher 4:3 res detected since i have 1080p screen, something around vertical 800 would be good....icons would get too small and it would be even sharper on text)
    Graphics settings dropbars look stretched, buttons look less detailed.

14. CanFight

CanFight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    well a few problems with 48/9 format, (kinda works i guess) in game. But in the menu the mouse moved 1/3 of the speed sideways, still moving at the originall speed up and down. Maybe becouse the menu is 4/3 format but the mouse is treated as 48/9?

15. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • Special Effect - Play Effect, anim index: AnimIndex
    • Special Effect - Play Effect, anim index: AnimIndex, time scale: 1.00

Those functions don't seem to work properly. The last one does change the animation speed from a special effect, though.

• Anim Init
      • Events
        • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Set AnimIndex = 2
        • Unit - Create 1 Abomination for Player 1 (Red) at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (-128.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Set Unit = (Last created unit)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (128.00, 0.00)) using units\undead\Abomination\Abomination.mdl
        • Set Effect = (Last created special effect)
        • Special Effect - Set Roll of Effect to: (270.00 x DEGTORAD)
        • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Current anim by ind... at (Center of TextTag <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        • Set TextTag = (Last created floating text)

• Change Anim
      • Events
        • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Set AnimIndex = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 1))))
        • Floating Text - Change text of TextTag to (Current anim by index: |cffffcc00 + ((String(AnimIndex)) + |r)) using font size 10.00

• Play Anim
      • Events
        • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Unit, udg_AnimIndex)
        • Special Effect - Play Effect, anim index: AnimIndex

16. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    You play at 48/9 for real xD?

17. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It detects what your GPU says it supports. You can still force a resolution like 1440*1080 like I did.

That said Warcraft III does now support wide screen in 1.29 so you need to disable fixed aspect ratio and simply choose your display's native resolution.
    Yeh I doubt they will be supporting that fully. Practically no game does as few people have such insane display setups.

18. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Figured out that the custom icons i was using in my map were causing the game to crash. I got rid of them and everything works.

19. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Can you upload some of those icons?

20. wc3neverdies

wc3neverdies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I found a little bug, when you try to build something the red spots on the temporary model does not appers anymore, so you can't tell if you can build in a spot until the games says it

Edit: this appens when you are <12 player number