• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ultimate Battle v2.50

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Warcraft: Ultimate Battle v2.50++
UB Development Team
@Unregret, @ZiBitheWand3r3r and @Wa666r

***Note: Map-pack required this package to work properly***
- Download package: [UB] Resource Package
- Read Me

- For WC3 TFT 1.26+: Put the map to your WC3 root directory (Ex. C:/Program Files/Warcraft 3/Maps)
- For WC3 TFT 1.28+: Put the map to "Your PC name"/Documents/Warcraft 3/Maps
- For WC3 TFT 1.30+: Under Development....

- Change the way resoures work.
- Tiny size map-pack, all required only one package.
- Fix Tavern Hero Spells.

Map Info

This is a total race compilation. You can play with original AI and custom AI at the same time. This map is exclusive for Hiveworkshop only. No permission to re-post it in other website.

*Note*: Avoid playing Night Elf AI, it may cause lag due to map terrain (Building order of Wisp is stuck by trees and Moon Well). Currently happened with Legacy maps.

*For suggestion about this project or show your interest to add your own race into UB, please create a thread in:
- Project Page & Main Forum/Threads: Warcraft: Ultimate Battle
- Download older version which work for multiplayer hosting: [UB] Legacy Versions
- Download unprotected version, for similar modders: [UB] Unprotected Versions
Credit

If I miss anyone, please tell me.

- Tech-tree Suggestion: @MogulKahn.
- Model Suggestion: @stein123, @Mister_Haudrauf.

- Spell: @Kam, @KILLCIDE...
- Tech-tree: @Sunreaver, @Skyfira...

- Buildings: @Ujimasa Hojo, @Mr.Henci...
- Units: @General Frank, @Apheraz Lucent, @Cavman, @Sellenisko, @PROXY, @stonneash, @NFWar, @JollyD, @Hayate, @Uncle Fester, @Kuhneghetz, @Kitabatake, @JesusHipster, @stan0033, @CloudWolf, @paulH, @FrIkY, @SinisterX, @Hawkwing, @Fokyip, @Legal_Ease, @MasterHaosis, @Wandering Soul, @skrab, @AndrewOverload519, @Tranquil, @Mechanical Man, @takakenji, @Ket, @paladinjst, @Callahan, @Fuzzyfury, @Darkfang, @Mr.Goblin, @morbent, @Sin'dorei300, @Tarrasque, @Grendel, @Kimbo, @Mecheon, @migB, @armel, @assasin_lord, @Haistrah, @CreatorD3292, @CeDil, @exfyre, @Storm_PCF, @Greeksaga, @4eNNightmare, , @dickxunder, @GooS, @Toroto, @Salmon, @AnemicRoyalty, @ReplikanT, @Frankster, @Shiv, @Ergius, @SamuraiPanda, @NatDis, @Elenai, @Norinrad, @kaycei, @Mc !, @Sephiroth_VII, @Illidan_09, @67_chrome, @Golden-Drake, @HandCLAW, @CRAZYRUSSIAN, @Marcos DAB, @Palaslayer, @Praytic, @Hadeis, @Killd0zer, @Mythic, @Pyritie, @s4nji, @Direfury, @CreatorD3292, @UgoUgo, @Ampharos_222, @infrenus, @Edge45, @Thrikodius, @Xelthyr, @The Grim Reaper, @Alastor, @WILL THE ALMIGHTY, @Afronight_76, @wingednosering, @donut3.5, @sigelang, @Dan van Ohllus, @bigapple90, @NFWar, @D.ee, @kitties :3, @CombatTheWombat, @Infinitynexus, @Serbianbeast, @KelThuzad, @Berz-, @JetFangInferno, @tjordell, @chr2, @Rmx, @cyberkid, @Dekku, @Dentothor, @L_Lawliet.

Contents

Andorhal (Map)

Booty Bay (Map)

Devil's Cauldron (Map)

Divide and Conquer (Map)

Dustwallow Keys (Map)

Echo Isles (Map)

Emerald Gardens (Map)

Gnoll Wood (Map)

Ice Crown (Map)

Lost Temple (Map)

Raging Stream (Map)

Twisted Meadows (Map)

Level 3
Hello guys,

I usually stay silent and admire the project from afar, but I really wanted to say that I love what you've done!
Just today I saw that you have added a second map and I am really happy seeing more choice! I'd love to see smaller maps, maybe with different terrain, not so much snow, but I know it will take a while I guess to do it.

PS: On a side note, I tried opening the first map in the editor just to see if I can edit the terrain, but it gave me an error stating missing unit or something like that.

Good work and good luck with the further updates!

Level 1
Two Questions: i get every time i Play a match heavy lag at mid-late game so it´s unplayable for me, any solves for that?
and are you planning to add a Tauren Race for this mode? would be cool!

Level 1
i Just Downloaded this map last 3 months ago and its so Good! and Right after i came back here again, didnt knew that UB is Updated! Im Just new here yet im Amazed of your works! :D

Level 2
War3 ver:1.27
map ver:2.10+
map:UB_Ruins of Alterac
Incinerator(Dark Iron Clan)'s requirements is not correct.
Shadow Phoenix(Twilight)'s requirements is not correct.
Both need Human's T3 Castle.
One building of Dark Iron Clan use Undead building animation.

All these was tested by Faceless copy other faction's worker.

Also,a lot of resource cost is not correct.
For example,Felorc's tech tier upgrade's cost.Faceless's unit transform's cost.

Last edited:
Level 15
Also when I was testing Blood Elves, I could't build 2 units, because of wrong requirements. That ship and can't remember another one.

Level 2
Hey. Great update. I really like playing the Faceless faction. However, for some reason when i play them i get really big lags towards the mid-late game. For example when you fight 1v1 with 2 100 food armies the lag makes it pretty much unplayable which is.. very unfortunate because the map is great. Pretty sure it's not my pc that's the issue. And no, i wasn't playing with the night elf AI. Any idea what might cause the lag?

Level 14
War3 ver:1.27
map ver:2.10+
map:UB_Ruins of Alterac
Incinerator(Dark Iron Clan)'s requirements is not correct.
Shadow Phoenix(Twilight)'s requirements is not correct.
Both need Human's T3 Castle.
Also when I was testing Blood Elves, I could't build 2 units, because of wrong requirements. That ship and can't remember another one
Hmm... Data transfer process bug out. I will fix that later.

is there Solo maps for those new Races? if so, can someone Send me a link?
Faceless Ones v1.0

Nope i played 3v3 only with custom races, still got those heavy lags. played both last updated Maps.
also i have a decent enough pc thats not the Problem.
Since you are not given enough information about what you did play. I wanna ask:
- What TFT version did you use. You will got lot ta trouble if play with version lower than 1.27b and higher than 1.28.5.
- Did you with friend, no AI, 3v3? or playing with AI only? May I ask how many AIs did you use? Warcraft 3 engine can't handle more than 5 diferrent AI type at the same time. Try reduce it and see if the lag exist.
- If none above work then i can't help further. I test plenty in my own beefy laptop and everything fine.

Level 1
- I played with the Version 1.30
- i played 3vs3 with 5 AI Players but i will test it if 2vs2 (3 AI Players) works,

thank you for your help!

Level 1
Hi, I used to play the previous versions, but since I reinstalled the frozen throne, it can't detect the ultimet battle's maps of any version.
I play with the 1.27b patch

Level 1
The first 2 pages of races works great with both players and ais but the third page (Dwarf, Vile Naga, Bandit, Blood Elf, Legion, Fel Blood, Faceless, Terran races dosent have a working ai also the 2 races on the fourth page (Zerg and Protoss) Are completely broken you dont even get anything I really hope you will make working ais for all races

Level 14
Hi, I used to play the previous versions, but since I reinstalled the frozen throne, it can't detect the ultimet battle's maps of any version.
I play with the 1.27b patch
Remove all these maps, download new one, put the map to your WC3 root directory (Ex. C:/Program Files/Warcraft 3/Maps) if you "really" use patch 1.27b. (Check version in the bottom right corner when you start WC3). And remember to run WC3 with administration if you use window 8+. Also please run The Frozen Throne, not Reign of Chaos since they are seperated compared to patch 1.29+

The first 2 pages of races works great with both players and ais but the third page (Dwarf, Vile Naga, Bandit, Blood Elf, Legion, Fel Blood, Faceless, Terran races dosent have a working ai also the 2 races on the fourth page (Zerg and Protoss) Are completely broken you dont even get anything I really hope you will make working ais for all races
You didn't pay attention to the map description and eager to play, that's why you didn't know that adding AI and adding new races are still hard-working/on-going process. Besides, those 3 Starcraft races are going to be hidden in the future.

Last edited:
Level 1
Remove all these maps, download new one, put the map to your WC3 root directory (Ex. C:/Program Files/Warcraft 3/Maps) if you "really" use patch 1.27b. (Check version in the bottom right corner when you start WC3). And remember to run WC3 with administration if you use window 8+. Also please run The Frozen Throne, not Reign of Chaos since they are seperated compared to patch 1.29+

You didn't pay attention to the map description and eager to play, that's why you didn't know that adding AI and adding new races are still hard-working/on-going process. Besides, those 3 Starcraft races are going to be hidden in the future.
Are you also going to fix the hero items someday? The ai heroes got things they cant get from their shop healing salves mana potions town portal scrolls etc some of the ai heroes also spawned with a orb of corruption and they dont use the special items from the shops they got anyway keep up the great work Unregret

Level 6
Level 14
Are you also going to fix the hero items someday? The ai heroes got things they cant get from their shop healing salves mana potions town portal scrolls etc some of the ai heroes also spawned with a orb of corruption and they dont use the special items from the shops they got anyway keep up the great work Unregret
The way original heroes buying and using items is hard-coded. I can create a system like that with periodic looping triggers but I simply don't have such time, that's why i choose the easiest way for the AI with functional items. Soon or later, i will allow them to use those custom items, that I can promise.

Hero Suggestion (Scarlet Crusade)
Some of these are already inside. Here, check this :)
Silverguard | HIVE

Last edited:
Level 6
The way original heroes buying and using items is hard-coded. I can create a system like that with periodic looping triggers but I simply don't have such time, that's why i choose the easiest way for the AI with functional items. Soon or later, i will allow them to use those custom items, that I can promise.

Some of these are already inside. Here, check this :)
Silverguard | HIVE
and what do you think of use this Scarlet Houndmaster (unit/minion) to replace the Serfs of the Scarlet Crusade? I think it would give a new mechanic to the race. since serfs can not arm themselves to become militia, I think summoning a light melee hound would be a good idea for self-defense.

Level 14
She is too curve for a scarlet crusade. Maybe someone will use her as a different race, such as Beastmaster race or Forest race perhap?. I once said do not rely too much on lore, but at least we need consistency about theme, style here. Just wanna be sure to not mistaken this with a model showcase.

Level 6
She is too curve for a scarlet crusade. Maybe someone will use her as a different race, such as Beastmaster race or Forest race perhap?. I once said do not rely too much on lore, but at least we need consistency about theme, style here. Just wanna be sure to not mistaken this with a model showcase.
Very Well! Lizardman Race is working in progress?

Level 1
I found a glitch! AIs sometimes dosent pick up the items/tomes creeps drop (Even through they got space for the item/tome) and sometimes build a expansion right next to the item/tome

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
hahahaha

//EDIT//
... actually I was theorycrafting such a faction but srsly stahp me

=ZANDALARI Classes=
*Augur
~Confessor
~Demoniac
*Dinomancer
Freethinker
*Haruspex
*Illusionist
*Madcap
*Predator
*Spiritbinder
~Vindicator
Potion Doc
(Warbringer?)
(Prelate?)
(Laborer/Craftstroll?)
(Archivist/Historian/Chronicler*/Annalist/Loremaster*/Lorekeeper?)
(
~~
(warrior)
prelate (this is the paladin one)
vindicator
predator
'dire troll'

(wizard)
augur
confessor
illusionist

(other)
demoniac (warrior/wizard?)
freethinker (support/buff?)
madcap (rogue/disrupt?)
spiritbinder (wizard/disrupt?) (floating spirit form?)
bloodbender (???)
mojo golem

(creatures)
/triceratops - warbringer (hero)
devilsaur - ehh
ravasaur - ehhhhh
pteranodon - !!!(big flier?)
brontosaur - ! (?) freethinker?
snake people?
spider people?
batriders?

~~
(S) Warbringer (dino-riding warlord)
(S?) "Dinomancer" (mega-dino druid, melee)
(I) Haruspex (guts-shaman hero, support, damage? caster)
(I) "Chronicler" (librarian hero, support? caster) (then who's damage?)
-
Laborer (worker)
-
Prelate (footman-ish)
Augur (basic ranged **& support caster at T2/3)
Vindicator (t3 power-melee, paladin-esque?)
-
confessor? (supportive caster?)
illusionist? (offensive caster?)
freethinker (pure support (ala Kodo Beast))
-
predator? (special warrior? Ranged?)
madcap (rogue-ish disruptor)
spiritbinder (flyer/caster?)
-
?
-
pteranodon (rider?) (T3OD?)

Level 14
... actually I was theorycrafting such a faction but srsly stahp me
I really, really hope to see your well-made race in the spotlight (in a real map). Not here but anywhere, anytime you prefer tom, not only Zandari Troll people requirement. Also, I wanna to gather something with contest entry races.

I found a glitch!
It's not a leak, that is original system. AIs will not attempt to pick up items if they are interrupted by enemy attacks, or simply those items are not very useful for them, or they are on their attack wave order, or their inventory is full.

Congrats on this compilation; AI must've been hard.
Also I'd honestly prefer a campaign instead, but that's just my personal opinion.
I do love Campaign but that would be very time-consuming which we can not focus on "yet". The story, character, mission type..........endlessly.
AI hard due their extra given global abilities, which is really unfair. I always have to cooperative with another AIs and prefer using tricks than larger sheer number.

Are 126 MB worth of resources are all used, or some are no longer used? Kind of surprising when you realize it's near the 128 MB limit D:
Would be nice if we can have some small compression or cleanup of unused materials :)
Hi. The future plan to remove even more redundancy resources after some of them are well-used (They are a lot) and might use optimized textures programs to lower their size.
Even so, the map will pass 128 mb limit eventually due to other purpose. I will try to keep map version in the archive so people can download them separately for multi-play or test or simply kill time single-hand with AI.
and hey! nice to see you being map reviewer! Congraz.

Level 2
Hi, i have written about this in the past but nobody answered me. I cant seem to play on lan with my friend this map while we both have the same versions w/e that version is and we both have the map

Level 14
kenni said:
My TFT version 1,27b
I already test the map with this version, nothing unusual about it. You can try to:
- Test the map with a friend or single AI. And even other melee map as well to the FPS reduce (or even lower game setting).
- Make sure everyone have the map with same version and same TFT.
- Check your internet. If you and your friend are in different region, using intermediate program to play instead of Battle.net. There is high possibility that you guys get high ping and can't play the map properly

Level 2

My TFT version is 1.28.5.7680 and i try to play lan network with my friend, if it wasnt the same version we wouldnt be able to see each other. So TFT versions and map version are the same. Also its not about fps or anything like that as our pc's can play with ease a game like this and anyway unrelevant with the fact that we cannot sometimes start the map due to one of us forever loading the map (even thoought we both got it) or not being able to enter the lobby. I dont see anything unusual when i play solo too but i never managed to play with somebody else and that sucks. any help welcomed

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I really, really hope to see your well-made race in the spotlight (in a real map).
Me too. xD

:<

Unregret said:
Not here but anywhere, anytime you prefer tom, not only Zandari Troll people requirement. Also, I wanna to gather something with contest entry races.
Hey, if I ever got enough of my life in order to finish multiple races, you could probably have another kind of Troll race from me (indeed, probably something like Zandalari who are, by nature, a bit too similar to my Jungle Trolls to coexist).

Let's all dream big dreams.

Level 15
So, because I wasn't able to play games for 6 months and I haven't played this map in a while, and I was studying for the exam, so logically I had some time to waste (hah) I went through all races and checked all of them. Just keep in mind that I played on version 2.10, Ruins of Alterac map. What I had in mind here, first, is to change some models to be more lore accurate. I saw that a lot of people also wanted that, so I took that job on myself to change those things. If you are willing to actually change them, of course. To be honest, I see no reason why you wouldn't, I am completely fine with use of your own headcanon and lore-raping some things if there are no fitting models (like Bandit flyers), but if there are, then why not try to make things as much lore accurate as possible? If size of the map is the problem, majority of the times here I am suggesting that one custom model replace another one, so that also shouldn't be a big concern. So here are my thoughts and suggestions:

FEL ORC

- They need serious nerf bat, especially Bruiser. With that Chaos attacks everywhere (I know it is nerfed here), they are really OP at the moment. Every time I play against their AI, they own all other AI's majority of the time.

NAGA

- Change model and name of a Sweller. For name, I would go with Sea-Caller. His model is nearly identical as Dweller's. And I think Sea Giant model fits more for Vile Naga. (I would also increase Dweller's model size a bit).
MODEL: Naga Sorceror

DRAENEI

- You need to return old Peacekeeper model now that Lightforged Draeneis are using the one that you are currently using as a Peackeeper model.
MODEL: Draenei Pack - Wc3C.net

HIGH ELF

- Change model and name of Eagle Rider. For name, I would go with Silver Arrow. Because official High Elven flying mount is actually Hippogryph.
MODEL: Hippogryph Rider and Derivatives (High Elf)
- Change model of Highborne. While I do like that model, it is overused. Dalaran and Felblood Elves are also using this model for their units.
MODEL: Elven Swordsman or BlackSunSpellbreaker or Elven Assassins (Black Sun Assassin).

LOST ONE

My goal was just to replace all Arrakoa models with the Lost One. Arrakoa models were used before, because there were no fitting Lost One models. There is no logic to see these two races playing and cooperating with each other. Only connection they has is that they are both races from the Outland.
- There is no tooltip on the buildings for their evasion.
- Add Vanish to new Lost One models.
- Swap model of Slayer and Pursuer, because I am going to suggest you to replace Slayer's model with another one, and Slayer's model has kind of unique skin with purple eyes, while Pursuer has same skin as some other units.
- Replace model of Reservists.
MODEL: Draenei Hero Beast Tamer (Just remove hero glow)
- Replace model of Slayer.
MODEL: Draenei (Lost One) and Derivatives (Shadowdancer)
- Replace model of Harbinger.
MODEL: Draenei Seer
- Change model of Ravager. Use model that you are using as Redeemer (that red one) at the moment, because I have another one from him.
- Change name and model of Copper Crotalus. Name it Nether Ray.
MODEL: Nether Ray
- Change model of Redeemer.
MODEL: Draenei (Lost One) and Derivatives (Vindicator. Just remove hero glow)
- Change model of Visionary.
MODEL: Draenei Disciple of Fire (Just add hero glow)
- Change model of Sage.
MODEL: Draenei (Lost One) and Derivatives (Druid)
- Change model and name of Breathren. I would name them Doom Beasts (there are a lot of Hydras on the Outland)
MODEL: Purple Armored Hydra

SCARLET CRUSADE

- Models of Squires and Outriders are bugged. They disappear after few minutes and can't be targeted at all.
- Not a big fan of transparent War Eagle. It doesn't make any sense for Crusaders to have ghost-like animals. I prefer old model.
- This is my own preference, but that model of Templar needs serious attack animation fixing. I would go maybe with this:
MODEL: ScarletGeneral or Saidan_DathrohanV1 or Renault Mograine

DARK IRON DWARF

- "Call of Fire" is completely broken ability. Return it back as previous version, where you had to destroy your building in order to summon that Fire Elemental. 150 health points sacrifice only, in a race that has "food" building with 1045 HP and cooldown is something like 6-8 seconds...

FORSAKEN

- Scourge's "Grave Blow" doesn't stun.
- Replace model of Bone Walker. Also change it's name. My suggestion is Undercity Guardian. There are no big skeletal constructs in Forsaken troops, only Abominations.
MODEL: Butcher
- Replace model of Death Guard. Name also should be changed. My suggestion is Embalmer. Reason behind this model change is, that cow/skull/gravekeeper thing doesn't exists in Warcraft. And Deathguards are actually melee Forsaken troops. Also "Remaining Spirit" icon is broken.
MODEL: The Grim Reaper - Wc3C.net
- Replace Gorgon model and name. Name it Dire Bat. Again, there are no skull/shadowy whelps in Forsaken ranks. I am really curious why Wa666r decided to rape lore this much with this race, while there are plenty lore fitting models on the various sites.
MODEL: Bat-raven
- Replace Blightwing model and name. Change name into Dreadwing. There are no skeletal vultures, while there are Forsaken units riding giant bats.
MODEL: Forsaken Units | HIVE Female undead on the bat. It is in this pack, but I can't remember the name of it. You should ask stein for it, he knows for sure. Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]
- Change Wraithblade model and name. Rename it into Deathstalker. There are no revenants in the Forsaken army, while there is whole organisation on Forsaken Rouges. And I would also replace that "Healing Wave" ability, because you have reused it few times on some other units for different races. My idea is to make blight in area around him, while also giving them lifesteal for set amount of time. Name it "Essence of the Undeath". It is similar, but fits their theme more.
MODEL: ForsakenAssassin

WORGEN

- "Dark Shield" of Shadow Weavers doesn't work.
- Replace Mangonel model and name with the Cannon. Gilneans are really famous for using Cannons.
MODEL: Cannons

PANDAREN

- Maybe you should give slight mana cost to the "Samurai's Shodown" ability. 50% attack and 40% movement speed increase with like 80% of uptime is pretty strong.
- Change model of Cloud Serpent.
MODEL: Pandarens - Update | HIVE Ask stein he has it. I remember seeing various Chinese Dragons in substandard section, but it seems that I can't find it right now.
- Replace Firedrum with Dragon Turtle, while replacing Dragon Turtle in Naga's race with this model. Dragon Turtles are mounts of choice for the Pandarens. Also rename "Enchanted Barrel" into "Heavy Boulder". There is absolutely no reason to add tanks and mechs in general to Pandaren race. There are actually no tracks of advanced Pandaren engineering, hell, they were slaves for majority of their existence, they still fight with their fists and sticks. If there is Pandaren on the tank, it doesn't mean it is Pandaren unit. If that is the case add then Demon Hunter, he also has pandas on the warglaives.
MODEL: Gator Turtle (Name it Sharpshell Terrapin)
- Remove Dragoncopter completely. In the last paragraph I explained why mechs doesn't fit into Pandaren race, and they already got enough flyers without it (3 other).

TWILIGHT'S HAMMER

- Honestly this is 90% finished race. It still lacks some functions.
- Twilight Battlemaster needs something more. Maybe an aura that gives -10% attack damage reduction to all nearby enemy units, called "Intimidating Aura". Does not stack.
- Remove egg from Shadowflame Phoenix as a default and instead make it as a upgrade. And add new effect to it, while in egg form reduce armor of nearby enemy units by 2 (aura). Right now, Shadowflame Phoenix have no upgrades, while every Blizzard's unit has at least one and it is kind of OP to have it without upgrading it.
- Move "United Regiments" below Abberation, while giving new passive upgrade to Twilight Combatant, named "Gift of the Old Gods" giving them passive bonus movement and attack speed increase by 20%.
- Replace "Tremble" icon of Twilight Vanguard. 2 of units in this race have same icons for different abilities.
ICON: BTNRift
- Why did you changed Druid of the Flame's model? It fits perfectly into this race, while that devil doesn't fit at all and model is really ugly.
MODEL: DruidottheTalon.BLP
- Replace Magma Dragon model and name with a Twilight Dragon. Twilight Dragons are actually made by Twilight's Hammer Clan.
MODEL: Twilight Dragonflight
- Replace model of Harbinger of Death with human form Deathwing. I could swear that I saw it on the site. But now I can't find it. Ask stein, he has it, I am 300% sure. Why would you change it, may you ask? Because, first, moving dragon with huge ass wings looks kind of stupid and he is really large. Second, it kind of makes more sense that he transforms into dragon form with his ultimate, instead of just making him fly.

NIGHTBORNE

- Switch models of Animator and Tempomancer. Just add hero glow to that model of Tempomancer.
- Replace model of Tempomancer/Animator. Because current Tempomancer model looks too heroic, honestly, and I would use his model for Animator, and would remove that Dryad completely, because Children of Cenarius are not part of the Nightbornes.
MODEL: Medivh and Derivatives (Highborne)
- Replace model of Magistrix. Current one looks really stupid, sorry.
MODEL: [HD] Nightelf Priestess - Wc3C.net or Jaina Proudmoore and Derivatives (Highborne)
- Replace model of Colibrator. Current one is satyr.
MODEL: Envoy of the Goddess / Vicaress of Elune

SATYR

- Fallen Prophet costs 0 food.
- "Harm" from Vindicator doesn't really work. Also, I would rename Vindicator into Shadow Mistress or something like that. Vindicator sounds too "just" and knightly and heroic.
- Rename Shadowy into Exalted or Chosen One or Shadowy Apparition if you really want to keep that name, right now it's name sounds unfinished.
- Deciever can attack air units but he deals no damage, for whatever reason.
- Replace model of Nightmare Lord. While current one is honestly not that bad, his face looks like gorilla, if you ask me.
MODEL: LordXavius

JUNGLE TROLL

- Inflicter's "Mojo Infusion" doesn't work properly.
- Tiki Spirit also can attack air units, but it deals no damage to them.

DWARF

- This is a nitpick, but I would change Hand Gunner's attack animation from those.. spikes? into normal rifle attack that Riflemen has.
- I would also change Bear Tamers into melee units. For me it makes no sense for them to throw axes from 250 range...
- "Forcing Fire" works in normal form instead of that rooted form (not 100% sure, but when I ordered to attack in normal form, that unit was taunted, while in rotted form it wasn't).
- Change Vapourizer's model, because this one is more fitting and honestly looks better. They have siege engines, while with these kind of machines Dwarfs are not familiar.
MODEL: Elite Siege Engine - The Übertank
- I would also change model of a Battle Helix and rename them into Irondrakes. And give them passive ability called "Blast Off", when killed Irondrake deals X damage in X AoE around himself to flying units. And an upgradeable passive ability, called "Big One" giving 10% chance with every attack to reduce attack and movement speed of flying enemy unit for 60%. Lasts for 8 seconds. While I am not satisfied with this model completely, and I would use Blizzard's Flying Machine here, but I know you won't because you don't want to see duplicate units, still, this model is more fitting than that helicopter. It looks just too futuristic, while this model looks medieval and fits fantasy settings of this game.
MODEL: Dwarven Multi Purpose Airship
- Change model of Elite Marksman, because current one is sharing it with the Dark Iron Dwarf hero.
MODEL: RiflemanElite

VILE NAGA

- "Summon Water Tentacle" doesn't work. It only puts "Slow" debuff on the enemy.
- I would reduce Incursor's health points for 100 HP or so and increase it's damage or attack speed or both. Because, at the moment, Naga Anomaly and him are too similar when it comes to stats and role.
- Tidebaron's Azshara's Blessing requires level 6 instead of 1.
- Rename Naga Anomaly hero into Anomaly Warlord, because his title is same as of one of the units.
- Replace Scrubber model and name it Brute. That model you took from Might and Magic Heroes VI, and it is kind of unfitting, while Naga got new type of units in Legion, called Naga Brutes and it fits perfectly here.
MODEL: Bagnadrana

BLOOD ELF

- When I used Darcaster's "Magic Hunger" in Bird Form it crushed the game.
- Maybe find someone to skin that bird from white into red or something like that? It is same as Scarlet Crusader's War Eagle. I guess that is the reason why you changed War Eagle to be transparent. But my advice is to find completely new skin for it. This one is really cool, but I am not sure if map is protected or not (if yes, you can ask someone from this site to do it, I doubt it is time consuming work to skin a bird model): Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]
- Magus'es "Sun Blast" deals a lot more damage than it is written, and his "Arcane Rush" doesn't do anything besides blink.
- "Verbis Virtus" and "Liberate Shield" doesn't work from Magister.
- I am not sure if "Weaking Strike" works from Spear Tower.
- Red Cavalry should get clearer role. If you want frontline unit, than you got Blood Juggernaut/Blood Knight there and their role overlap with them. Give them maybe Siege Attack? Also "Outrun" works on all your units, not only on Red Cavalry.
- I see no point it Air Charger. Anti-air unit with weak magical attack that can't attack air units? I doubt you gonna listen to my suggestion on this, but I will try. I would completely remove Air Charger and his place in the building would take Red Cavalry. While in the place of Red Cavalry I would put Phoenix (they are everywhere when it comes to Blood Elves). It would be their ultimate flying units (something similar to Frost Wyrms) with an upgradable ability called "From the Ashes" that gives Phoenix ability to be revived from the egg when it is killed(same as it works right now for the Blood Mage's Phoenix, but it would be upgrade because they are normal unit after all), and egg deals X damage to all nearby enemy units (passive Immolation) . Because all of this Monitor then has no use with that heal, so I would change so that heal works on all mechanical units. Blood Elves got only 1 mechanical unit, so it wouldn't be broken.
- I would change model of Blood Juggernaut and rename it into Blood Knight. There are no such things as Blood Juggernauts in their ranks, they are just too bulky for Blood Elves and Blood Knights are too iconic not to be used in Blood Elven race, and they can fill that role of frontline melee unit.
MODEL: Blood Elf Swordsman
- Change model of Pegasus Rider into Dragonhawk Rider. Flying pegasuses are not a thing in the Warcraft lore, and Dragonhawks are with the Blood Elves from the beginning and while I know that this model is already used few more times in different races, I think this skin make model different enough to differentiate them from each other. Those wings are just too eye striking.
MODEL: BloodElfDragonhawk.blp
- Change model of Phoenix Assassin. Only reason for this is because same model is used in Felblood Elf army.
MODEL: Blood Elven Arcane Huntress
- Change model of Battle Mistress. Same reason as above.
MODEL: Bloodelf Phoenix Guard or Female Blood Elf Lieutenant (Just add hero glow.)
I have one more suggestion here. To make it male, and rename it Blood Knight Patriarch.
MODEL: HeroBloodKnight or
Blood Knight - Wc3C.net or Death Knights and Derivatives (Blood Elf)

Last edited:
Level 15
BURNING LEGION

- I understand why you changed Fel Guard model, but why did you changed Wrathguard, Shivarra, Jailer, that female Eredar and Inquisitor models? They were perfect models for Burning Legion and no other race in this map uses those models? For me it doesn't make any sense, at all. I would like to hear your explanation for this. Because, right now, this race looks awful, to be honest. It just can't be compared with the race that Skyfira made, and it is a shame. And I see majority of people, if not all share same opinion as me.
MODELS: Felguard /
Wrathguard / Fel/Shadow Shivarra (Use Shadow one) /
Jailer /
Eredar Witch /
Inquisitor
- I would change title and model of Savagelord into Annihilator/Defiler/Fel Commander and use this model
MODEL: Eredar Fel Monarch
- And I would also change model and title of Chaosbringer to Legion Commander or Demon King and I would use this model
MODEL: Mannoroth

FELBLOOD ELF

- I am not sure if "Prestige Demonlogy" works actually.
- Sypohner's "Seeping Mana" only restores 10(18) mana and his "Sustain" ability doesn't work.

FACELESS

- Defaced's "Demented Rage" has wrong requirements.
- I am not sure that Horror's "Lucid Nightmare" works.
- Immortal can attack flying units, while in the building it is exsplicitly said that he can only attack walking units.

BANDIT

Here, my idea was identical as for the Lost Ones. While Kobolds do cooperate with the Bandits, it is nothing serious. Also, it looks stupid to have half of the race one theme, while other race is another. I do think Kobolds can be interesting race, but as separate race, not as the part of this one.
- Golden "Healing Strike" is too OP. You are just generating too much of the resources with little downside. Add at least 15 damage per second instead of 8.
- Load/Unload system doesn't work for the main building.
- Because they are losing Distraction ability of the Kobolds I would add it to Thief/Robber.
- Give Savage also to Scouts and Diggers.
- Change model of Slavemaster and change it's title to Kingpin and name of some of it's abilities. "Enrage" into "Revenge", "Rough Skin" into "Bladedance" and "Crushing Earth" into "Powder Explosion".
MODEL: Edwin VanCleef
ICONS:
Enrage/Revenge - BTNAbility_Warrior_Revenge
Rough Skin/Bladedance - BTNCRBladestorm
Crushing Earth/Powder Explosion - BTNcata
- Change model of Trailblazer and change it's title to Scrapper.
MODEL: Bandit Pyromancer
- Change model of Digger.
MODEL: Laborer or Peasant Woman or Peasant and Derivatives (Bandit)
- Change model of Outlander and name into Scout. Really fast movement speed, but low HP, damage and armor. Rename "Ember Power" into "Vigor".
MODEL: Mounted Bandit
- Change model of Leprechaun and rename it into Gambler.
MODEL: Peasant and Derivatives (Just remove hero glow.)
- Change model of Ratorg Rider and rename it into Giant Rat.
MODEL: Giant Rat Creeps
- Change model of Basher and rename it into Bodyguard. Also rename his upgrade from "Mining Master" to "Bigger Muscles".
MODEL: Team Colorless Ogre Warlord

SOME OTHER TIPS:
- Some of the upgrades are standing below wrong units.
- Check costs of your buildings and upgrades. For example, in some races, upgrade for third tier town hall costs something like -40 gold. You actually gain gold when you start it's research.
- Also some requirements are bugged. For example, Crusader's Redemption requires Castle for it to be upgraded. War Eagle also requires Castle. There are plenty of them.
- Q, W, E, R system doesn't work properly on all units. I have found 2-3, can't remember witch one.
- Also my suggestion is to increase gold capacity of the gold mines from 12000 to 20000 on this map.
- Some of the Item shops need more items. Dwarven for example.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I think the amount of work & detail you put into the above mega-post is rarely seen around here & to be commended.

However, since much of it revolves around aesthetic concerns (i.e. the visuals, the custom models & such) & many boil down to "I don't like how X looks; change it to Y", I think you need to be open to having others weigh in & possibly countermand your suggestions. Other race designers might have put those models in quite intentionally. (Thankfully, unlike many others your tone is, for the most part, more 'suggestive' than 'declarative', which I appreciate.)

Finally/Furthermore, when it comes to Lore & following it vs. "raping" it... Look, I'm a huge Lore-buff myself, I don't like seeing stuff that I feel "doesn't fit". And I don't usually flip out about the term "raping" being thrown around, horrible as it is.

But when you throw it at people like Wa666r who are, in my opinion, top-tier "Custom Faction-eers", it just really sticks in my craw. How can you accuse him of something like that?? Lore is important but there's lots of Lore, and lots of versions of a given custom faction that could exist and still abide by the Lore. Did he claim it was a WoW-accurate Forsaken faction? Even if so, WoW is an MMORPG where a 'faction' means something very different from an RTS; you can't, for example, fill a Wc3 faction with a 12 different "zombie-people-with-different-weapons/armor/skills", as might be seen in a panorama of the WoW Forsaken "faction". Ya gotta throw in a sufficient number of mechs/creatures/constructs/entities. (We could go a step further; each "faction" in Wc3 is really not one single race but instead an alliance of races, providing a great deal of the requisite diversity & variety. Even the Undead Scourge has not just Demons/Nerubians/Corrupted-Living, but undead of such a dizzying variety (ranging from Feral undead to Construct undead to Intelligent undead) that they too could be considered to be made of multiple 'races'.)

In that sense, if you start from scratch & are building a Faction that must explicitly consist of only one Race (as seems to be the case with Wa666r's Forsaken) (as is the case with my Jungle Trolls & some others) (as is an author's prerogative to decide) (i.e. the author decides not to ally their custom race with another to flesh it out), then one must find ways to mitigate that issue creatively. For Wa666r, he seems to have done that primarily through Skeletons & Ghostly-type Undead (the Bone Golem, the "Gorgon" (alright I too don't get that name but whatevs, it's a ghostly thing primarily), the Revenant-thing, etc etc)... and that's OK, unless he claims to be specifically making a current-WoW-style Forsaken race (as, say, Tomoraider).

Which leads me to my next point: "following Lore" is not always as clear-cut as we might think it is. For example, there are those who might say "if it doesn't exist in the game, it's Anti-Lore!". Others might 'widen the circle', allowing secondary/tertiary sources associated with it (manuals, cinematics, RPG books, WoW Wiki's, pre-game Concept Art, Developer commentary/interviews/AMAs, other games (e.g. Hearthstone), etc etc).

But then there are those who say "just because it's not presented, doesn't mean it can't exist." These are those who, without some kind of direct contradiction (i.e. "the High Elves can't ride the Silithid because they existed a continent & thousands of years apart from the High Elves"), could argue for the addition of all sorts of things... And I'm not sure they'd be wrong! It's simply a different perspective to take (akin to the "descriptivist/prescriptivist" debate amongst linguists).

~~~

Anyway, I might have rambled a bit, but I feel strongly that you've taken a hard-line stance on that issue which is not only unhelpful, but possibly hurtful (at least in how you've communicated it). I still think you've done this project a great service in diving into it so comprehensively. And perhaps someday I'll finish my big response post about these kinds of things (not just for you, but a few others who posted on Hermit's 'Murloc race thread' way back when).

Cheers.

Level 14
@MogulKahn Thank you a ton. I will fix all bugs you pointed out, and change some of these models, including Naga, Vile Naga. Also some models will be used as new heroes for Neutral Tavern. And will make some changes with Blood Elf too.
Well, Fel Orc is not that OP, consider how expensive their units are. With total gold cost of 4 Bruisers = 4 Grunts + 120. AIs are exceptional, they are faster gaining gold, that why they may feel a bit powerful and very quick in expanding expo. Also, please check the info under attack tab, Chaos attacks and Divine armors are heavy modified.
About Retera's models, I plan to import them as seperated guess races.

Last edited:
Level 15
I don't know how many of my suggestions are you going to implement, but I really hope that you gonna add these things to the Twilight's Hammer Clan. As I said in above post, race is not completely finished in my opinion. Also, can we expect to see Lightforged Draenei soon? I am really itching to try them out!

Level 2
It's nice to see 2.10c released.
But High elf's tower upgrade cost is still not correct.
BTW:
Can we see Lightforged in next release?

Level 2
Hey. Great work updating the map as always :) Playing on 1.28.5 right now and it works much better. Anyways, just wanted to report a bug about the faceless ones. The High Disciple's ultimate doesn't seem to work properly as it does not give me a permanent empowered copy when i use it on a unit copy like it says it does. Also sometimes items dropped by creeps seems to just.. disappear sometimes when i tried to pick them up. Not sure how that works. And when the AI is the draenei, and use the Augur. The hero gets much higher stats than normal for a lvl 1, and 20+ dmg and lifesteal for some reason. Anyways, keep up the good work :) It's a fun map.

Level 14
The High Disciple's ultimate doesn't seem to work properly as it does not give me a permanent empowered copy when i use it on a unit copy like it says it does
I will look into that, thank you.
AI is the draenei, and use the Augur. The hero gets much higher stats than normal for a lvl 1, and 20+ dmg and lifesteal for some reason
The spell is not stack and will conflict if the hero receive any item Orb of some kind. That why I prevent her from using that spell, and give her better status exactly as you said. Same thing with other heroes too.

Level 1
Hello guys,

Want to say your map and also your different custom made races are amazing. Not only are they visually enjoying to look at but also creates a whole new experience for this game, that I recently started playing again. *applause*

1. I have noted something rather strange when playing this map.
Whenever I choose the AI to be one of the races on the last page of the race selection (Legion, vile naga, Dwarfs, Blood Elf etc), they don't create or build units. All they do is to gather gold. This is a problem i've encountered in every game i've played with all those races. No problems playing with them.

2. Agreeing with the commentator above in substance but also generally, this map is so fun to play with all the different races, i'd love to see more maps with all the races (bigger and smaller).

All in all - great job!