• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eredar Witch

Hi guys, today I'm posting this simple but useful (I hope so :D) "pack" of eredar females. They are 100% textures in game and they have the original World of warcraft animations.
I managed to reduce the file size as much as I could. Enjoy them! ;)

Update 1:
  • Readjustment of uv map in portrait's mouth
Update 2:
  • Fixed a bug during Decay animations
Previews
Contents

Eredar Witch (Model)

Eredar Witch Portrait (Model)

Eredar Witch Purple (Model)

Eredar Witch Purple Portrait (Model)

Eredar Witch Red (Model)

Eredar Witch Red Portrait (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Such a great pack, really. They work well in-game and are very well-done. Already in approvable state, but there are 3 very minor flaws you could fix: In decay bone, the skeleton doesn't fade away slowly, it vanishes suddenly. (Following WC3...
Level 19
Yes yes, I really love that wrap work you did. I dont know if people will like the WoW animations tho... I will give is a 4.5/5, as some animations are still wonky nonetheless, like spell channel. But in my opinion it's edited enough to be acceptable.

Edit: Take off what I said, looked at them ingame, they look quite nice.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
This is really quite good, and definitely unique to Warcraft (do we have ANY eredar/draenei females??). I'm a little off-put by the WoW animations; I know they have been "modified for Warcraft', but more & more I feel like I can always pick out WoW anims; they have a sort of weird rolling/rocking quality to them that looks weird/too detailed in Wc3.

Still, fantastic model. 3.8/5

The Stand Channel animation is kind of awkward. The rest, it's pretty much great.
4.5/5.
Always be sure to check out the animations in Magos and in-game as well. Chances are that the Hive Viewer distorts some animations.

Now, this is very surprising given that you joined this year and are kicking ass already with your skills. I love them, the variations are nicely textured, modeled and resemble the Eredar Twins much.
However, I am not sure if the Harpy fur/skin texture fits that well on the tail and shoulders. Those spots are weird and I think that they could be replaced with either a cleaner texture(or some uvmapping dragging to achieve that) or adding some fel scars instead.

Once again, kick-ass models :]

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
However, I am not sure if the Harpy fur/skin texture fits that well on the tail and shoulders. Those spots are weird and I think that they could be replaced with either a cleaner texture(or some uvmapping dragging to achieve that) or adding some fel scars instead...
He could also cover them up, like with armor/cloth or something.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
He could, but what is armour good for if not protecting most if not your whole body (at least the vital parts...)? Remember Archimonde? The Eredar look quite savage for their supposedly WoW technological advancement.
Um, I mean, do I need to pull the "Realism != Warcraft" argument? : )

Lots of models (especially women) have ridiculous armor. Also, I'm not sure I understand your point about 'looking quite savage'.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Um, I mean, do I need to pull the "Realism != Warcraft" argument? : )
No but then we could have totally naked races running about. Why even keep the flesh? Let's get to the bone. Hmm... I wonder how quantum fantasy battles would look like.
Also, I'm not sure I understand your point about 'looking quite savage'
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...aft_III.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130511140847
In appearance. Does that look like a medieval warrior to you? No, it reminds more of African and Native American tribes.
The only thing you can say looks somewhat medieval are the armour parts:
But I get it, it's a demon so it should also look seductive.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
No but then we could have totally naked races running about. Why even keep the flesh? Let's get to the bone. Hmm... I wonder how quantum fantasy battles would look like.
What the... I'm saying that in Warcraft, the 'armor should cover your vital parts' bit (= realism) is often suspended for the Rule of Cool or just plain ol' objectification. Huh?

deepstrasz said:
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...aft_III.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130511140847
In appearance. Does that look like a medieval warrior to you? No, it reminds more of African and Native American tribes.
The only thing you can say looks somewhat medieval are the armour parts:
But I get it, it's a demon so it should also look seductive.
I agree it doesn't look medieval, but I'm having a hard time seeing 'tribal' in there. It's so ornate, and swirly & ostentatious. Maybe Byzantine.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
is often suspended for the Rule of Cool or just plain ol' objectification.
More like a fetish than that.
I agree it doesn't look medieval, but I'm having a hard time seeing 'tribal' in there. It's so ornate, and swirly & ostentatious. Maybe Byzantine.
http://www.ancient-origins.net/sites/default/files/field/image/Shaka-of-the-Zulu.jpg
Showy right?
Let's just say the Eredar clothing might resemble that of pre-medieval Greek warriors (Spartans maybe).
Maybe Byzantine.
Doubtful (could be some influence though):
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...0873289.png/revision/latest?cb=20140405234017
http://cdn.list25.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Byzantine-610x373.jpg

Level 7
I see those Male Eredar and Archimonde in the background... You can't tease me forever!

In all seriousness I love the work you are doing with these demon models, and I hope that we eventually have the entire legion's worth of demons for use in warcraft III ;).

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
More like a fetish than that.
Sure, whichever.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/sites/default/files/field/image/Shaka-of-the-Zulu.jpg
Showy right?
Let's just say the Eredar clothing might resemble that of pre-medieval Greek warriors (Spartans maybe).
Sure, kinda showy, but really not ostentatious. And definitely tribal; the material, the designs, the cut, etc. Eredar armor doesn't make me think of anything like that picture.

It's an aesthetic thing, and a perspective thing, and thus a doubly subjective one. I'm not concerned with necessarily nailing this to the wall.

Yeah, I threw out a guess, and was wrong.

Such a great pack, really. They work well in-game and are very well-done. Already in approvable state, but there are 3 very minor flaws you could fix:
  • In decay bone, the skeleton doesn't fade away slowly, it vanishes suddenly. (Following WC3 guidelines, they're meant to fade from 100% visibility to 75%, in the last 5 seconds of decay bone anim - that makes them invisible in the last frame under the 2 Color Alpha filter)
  • It lacks footprints atm. Adding them could be good.
  • Rename the head bone to 'bone_head' and the chest to 'bone_chest' (duh...) - they're useful in cinematics.
Those remain as suggestions, because the models do work well already. Approved and please consider them.