• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jailer

Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum, I managed to make this model 100% textures in game. I'm glad to see that Wc3 is still part of our lives. Enjoy it! :wink:

UPDATE 1:
  • Added 2 new color variations (red & blue )
  • Fixed a little bug during "Dissipate" animation
UPDATE 2:
  • UV mapping adjustments
  • Fixed "Overhead attachment point" position
Previews
Contents

Jailer (Model)

Jailer Blue (Model)

Jailer Blue Portrait (Model)

Jailer Portrait (Model)

Jailer Red (Model)

Jailer Red Portrait (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Well, I'll leave it approved for the only thing you should fix is the mesh seam on its shoulder, and it works fine in-game. I suggest you to make a thread in the Modeling & Animation forum on how to fix that. You might find some help there.
Level 1
Now these are the kind of models i was looking for! Good Job man! (still dont know how to apply the potrait sadface)

I also see a moarg in those screenshots.Are you going to share that model aswell by any chance? :D

Level 10
AMAZING! I was hoping someone would make more Legion demons.

EDIT: I see the Brute in the background omg

Level 15
Daaaamnnn. This deserves director's cut. Today only models that are getting DCs are custom made models. This is perfect example of amazing model with in-game stuff!

Level 10
Daaaamnnn. This deserves director's cut. Today only models that are getting DCs are custom made models. This is perfect example of amazing model with in-game stuff!

Wholeheartedly agree. This is DC worthy.

I hope FerSZ has some more heat in store for us. I saw the Moarg Brute in the screenshot pic and I can only imagine what else he'll make :D Maybe a proper Observer model the Hive's been lacking? Or an Inquisitor?

Level 23
Whooaaa awesome.!!! Nice to see you around here FerSZ, hope to see more stuff from you man, and bienvenido!!!

Oh! thanks hermano ;)

Now you can see why was a great idea to join the Hive? :D
Great work bro!

Yup, I can see bro, thanks ;)

Wholeheartedly agree. This is DC worthy.

I hope FerSZ has some more heat in store for us. I saw the Moarg Brute in the screenshot pic and I can only imagine what else he'll make :D Maybe a proper Observer model the Hive's been lacking? Or an Inquisitor?

I'm gonna try to work harder and bring that kind of models as soon as possible ;)

Someone needs to make a fel version please!

Soon I'm adding some variations for this and other models still waiting to be posted.

Great looking models. It's really nice how you achieved to use in-game textures here. There's a small glitch you might be able to fix, though:

Untitled.png

There's a geometry seam at his arm. The faces are in different smoothing groups. If you could smooth that putting them in the same one (no additional polies are needed), it would be great.

Also, you could raise up a bit his Overhead attachment point, at moment it is too close to the head.

Awaiting update.

Level 23
Great looking models. It's really nice how you achieved to use in-game textures here. There's a small glitch you might be able to fix, though:

View attachment 260417

There's a geometry seam at his arm. The faces are in different smoothing groups. If you could smooth that putting them in the same one (no additional polies are needed), it would be great.

Also, you could raise up a bit his Overhead attachment point, at moment it is too close to the head.

Awaiting update.
Thanks, well I think it happens because the front and back torso are in different geosets (For some reason it changes the illumination). What I can do here is smoothen the texture to fix the continuity of the "muscle lines" in the arms.
About the Overhead attachment, you're right, It's close not to the head but the cage, it's almost inside it. Gonna fix that ;)

Thanks, well I think it happens because the front and back torso are in different geosets (For some reason it changes the illumination). What I can do here is smoothen the texture to fix the continuity of the "muscle lines" in the arms.
About the Overhead attachment, you're right, It's close not to the head but the cage, it's almost inside it. Gonna fix that ;)
The wrap looks great, it's already very continuous. But that won't solve the shading issue. In which software you edit them? Under 3dsmax and Gmax, that is called "Smoothing Groups". Neighbor faces are shaded smoothly if they belong to the same group.

(Sorry for not saying this upon moderation, but I also noticed now that you have all your materials 2-sided. If you're to edit it, check that too. Only use those when they are needed [when the backface appears], since they use twice more memory to be rendered than 1-sided)

Level 23
The wrap looks great, it's already very continuous. But that won't solve the shading issue. In which software you edit them? Under 3dsmax and Gmax, that is called "Smoothing Groups". Neighbor faces are shaded smoothly if they belong to the same group.

(Sorry for not saying this upon moderation, but I also noticed now that you have all your materials 2-sided. If you're to edit it, check that too. Only use those when they are needed [when the backface appears], since they use twice more memory to be rendered than 1-sided)
Hehehe, all the models I've been posting here are entirely made in MDLVIS (and Magos), I chose this simple software(s) for very simple models like mine, they allow me to make the uv mapping with in game textures very fast. It derivates from the "mesh transport" technique to make models, but of course I make the most of them from scratch. That's the reason cuz I don't use custom unique animations (I'm still a noob with Professional softwares for 3D design) :p I don't know if I'd be able to fix that. However, gonna try it ;)
Well, when I make the models I test them in many ways (different textures and combinations) and now that you mentioned it, I noticed that I always forget to uncheck the "two sided" box (Also I've never paid too much attention to the memory :) )