1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Elite Siege Engine - The Übertank

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
Team Green Quality presents...
Elite Siege Engine
The Fenrir-class siege engine has been developed by the Ironforge Engineer Corps during the aftermath of the Third War.
With the Troggs and Frostmane trolls all around Ironforge, it was dangerous for King Magni Bronzebeard to leave his city
without heavy guard, and a siege engine capable of incinerating ground targets was the perfect solution. The Fenrir-class
Siege Engine is a heavy support vehicle, often used as a commander on the front lines. Armed with a devastating 150mm
Pounder-class cannon capable of firing mortar shells to incredible distances as well as main combat anti-armor shells, a
deadly Dragonfire-class Flamethrower capable of burning ground targets 30 meters in front of the tank and armor-piercing
Gryphon-class anti-air auto-targeted barrage missiles, it truly is a beast on the battlefield.
[​IMG]

Also known as the Übertank. The model was made for the first Paired Modeling\Texturing Contest here at the Hive, also known as 'TAGTEAM BITCHFEST 3000', by me and l0w_kwaliti. We entered under the team name 'Green Quality'.

HUGE thanks, of course, to l0w_kwaliti, for pretty much making this model real. Without his help it would be a complete and utter piece of crap. He helped me out a lot with the model during its creation, taught me a lot I didn't know about modeling and pretty much 'made the dream possible'. And of course, not to forget the über textures he's made for the model!

I'd also like to thank TurieL and his Rifleman Elite model for inspiring me in the first place, before I joined with l0w_kwaliti for the Paired Modeling\Texturing contest. I think his model is one of the best ones around. It's got it's own 'charm' while still being Warcraft 3-like.

The model contains a completely optional external portrait model, featuring the Tank's pilot, which contains a talking animation. You are in no way required to use this external portrait and its accompanying texture, 'EliteSiegeEnginePortrait.blp', as the model features an internal portrait featuring a slightly zoomed-out view on the tank itself. For those who wish to preserve a low file-size in their maps, it is recommended NOT to import "EliteSiegeEngine_Portrait.mdx" and "EliteSiegeEnginePortrait.blp". For those who still have plenty of file-size left to use, however, it is recommended to use the external portrait file as its quality is higher and it is more fitting for a hero unit.

If you use this model, you must credit l0w_kwaliti. I do not require credits, but it would be nice to include me in you credit list if you use this model. (However, crediting l0w_kwaliti is a must). Do not heavily modify the model or the texture without mine AND l0w_kwaliti's direct permissions. Do not upload this model on any other site. Especially not Warcraft 3 Unlimited.
Also, if you use this model in your project, be sure to also use one of these awesome icons made by Mr.Goblin:
[​IMG] [​IMG]

Keywords:
Uber, Tank, Übertank, Über, Fenrir, Fenris, Wolf, Siege, Engine, Machine, Train, Snow, Dwarf, Dwarven, Assault, Combat, Heavy, Ironforge, Vehicle.
Contents

Elite Siege Engine - The Übertank (Model)

Elite Siege Engine - The Übertank (Model)

Reviews
21:29, 7th Sep 2010 General Frank: Impressive work you did there. The texture is awesome and the animations are nicely done. Works in-game. Approved. Will get rating after the contest.
  1. 21:29, 7th Sep 2010
    General Frank:

Impressive work you did there. The texture is awesome and the animations are nicely done.
    Works in-game. Approved. Will get rating after the contest.

2. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
  3. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm attaching the portrait's texture here, because for some reason, it never asked me for that texture when uploading the model(what the hell?). I also attached a version without hero glow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  4. Titania

Titania

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The super tank from the contest ran out and hid in the model resource ! D:< runn

5. Soul Theft

Soul Theft

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    :ogre_love: so awesome

6. Latecat

Latecat

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks epic. nuff said.
    5/5.

7. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now that's a tank! :D 5/5

8. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The "face" is just perfect.

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy Shit! this deserves something above A for effort :ogre_haosis:

10. Jake Command Wolf

Jake Command Wolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy freaking crap! That’s one badass tank... :goblin_wtf:

I think even the word uber doesn't come close to the sheer epicness of this tank... I love the dwarven pilot portrait it comes with as well, this reminds me so much of my younger days playing StarCraft and raining death on units with the good old siege tank... :grin:

The only thing I would suggest changing is the fact the tank looks a little to bright, comparing to the coloring on the siege engine it looks a little to pale to me, but I suppose that could just be darkened by adjusting the RGB within the editor.

But this tank is just FAR to epic not give a 5/5 with some well deserved + rep... :thumbs_up:

Regards,

Jake

11. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This Tank is UBER and EPIC!!
    5/5

12. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    AAARRRRGGGGGGGG!!!! I'm dieing from the awesomeness!!!!! 5/5

13. DarthBodya

DarthBodya

Resources:
    Resources:
    king of all tanks

14. Crave.

Crave.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Epic. 'Nuff said

15. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Holy ****! This is simply epic.

16. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome!
    By the way, if there is elite rifleman and tank, will there be elite gyrocopters and grphon riders?

17. blek121

blek121

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMg awsume! cool!!

18. Greedforce

Greedforce

Resources:
    Resources:
    AWSOME!!! EPIC!!! ÜBER!!! Non of thoose word can explain this tank. But I guess that´s the closest you´ll get. Keep up the good work!
    :goblin_good_job:

This should be DC but I´ll leave that for the moderators!!!
    +rep
    My Rating:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. hashveen

hashveen

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    wow this is badass~ love it! great texture and concept