• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elite siege engine animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hi, I have a problem with replacing the model of Siege engine(barrage) with this model.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/elite-siege-engine-aoebertank-178202/?prev=mmr%3D6
Everytime I use Barrage it plays improper animation. Insted of playing Spell Throw it does play Attack - 1. What should I do in order to make it work ?

I just downloaded the model an saw its Animation Tags are fine. By the way, why do you want to play the Spell Throw, it is just like the stand animation.

I think the reason why it does not work is because of your base ability. Have you tried using the Channel Ability to play the animation with animation names spell,throw?

Level 5
Have you tried to replace the model of siege engine with Uber tank ? The barrage is passive ability wich enables to shoot air with second attack and when I shoot with second attack it plays improper animation. It should play Spell Throw but it plays Attack - 1. It's ugly to see cannon shooting and tank shaking when there are only missiles launched from the back

The difference between Spell Throw and stand animations are flashes of light coming from rocket magazines.

Level 22
Have you tried to replace the model of siege engine with Uber tank ? The barrage is passive ability wich enables to shoot air with second attack and when I shoot with second attack it plays improper animation. It should play Spell Throw but it plays Attack - 1. It's ugly to see cannon shooting and tank shaking when there are only missiles launched from the back
The difference between Spell Throw and stand animations are flashes of light coming from rocket magazines.

No and at the moment I cant because I currently have no access to world editor. You could try extracting the original Siege Engine model and look at its Animation Tag and compare with your Uber tank. Maybe the Animation tag differs. If not, change the Spell Throw tag to Attack 2 if you are not using its Attack 2 animation for other purposes.

Level 5
I can't do that because the model editor doesn't want to open since I reinstalled my windows. But can someone try to test that model ingame if it's showing proper animation while barraging air units ?

Level 3
This is actually completely unrelated to the Barrage ability; you'll might notice that the vanilla siege engine doesn't have "Attack 2" for its second attack animation like most units, but "Attack Two". This means that rather than being an alternate attack animation to pick randomly, it's an animation to play when the unit uses its second attack - which, in this case, is the barrage engine's anti-air attack.

From the sounds of it, it seems like the ubertank instead uses its equivalent animation for a spell animation, meaning it's not tagged correctly to be used as an attack animation. You'll need to replace the ubertank's "Spell Toss" animation tag with "Attack Two". Or, if you have your unit's anti-air attack set up as its first attack, "Attack One", then also retag its current "Attack One" as "Attack Two".

Also, just as a quick reference, the reason why Barrage only activates for its second attack is because the ability itself can only attack air units by default. It's completely unrelated to what attack the unit is currently using, all that matters is that the attack can target the same units.

Status
Not open for further replies.