• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ranged Siege Engine: Animation issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKW

SKW

Level 3
Been working on turning the siege engine into a ranged siege unit (Before you ask if it'd overlap with the Mortar, It sorta does, but it's a work in progress. I have some plans for both units)
Animation issues have popped up though, namely the siege engine always seems to switch to the "Barrage" model when firing normally, but fires at the ground ok, yet when upgraded, firing at the ground causes it to use it's "Missile fire" animation instead.

Is there a fix for this? Or did someone else already go and make a ranged Siege Engine before?

Goddamnit this is what happens when you post while half asleep after trying one thing fifty times.

Please move this to help.

Last edited:
Level 11
If I remember correctly, this is how it works:

Siege Engine fires its mortar if it's using its first attack (I doesn't matter what you change this attack to - it could be a Chaos attack that only targets naval units).

Siege Engine fires its missiles if it's using its second attack. Again, that second attack could only target Heroes for example.

In the standard version, the upgrade Siege Engine uses its first attack against buildings and its second attack against air units. If you allow the first attack to attack ground units, the Model should play the Cannon Fire animation.

SKW

SKW

Level 3
that much it does properly.

It's when I order it to bombard, it glitches up.

Level 11
Hmmm....maybe separate the model in a model editor?

Basically, create two new models based of the Siege Engine. Remove all Alternate animations from one model and then all Normal animations from the other. This should remove the glitching.

Using Magos' Model editor, removing animations should be quite easy even for a first-comer in the field of model editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.