• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Research upgrade unit type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
For my current project I have two units, let's call them unit A and unit B. When you complete a certain research, unit A gets upgraded to unit B, using the chaos ability and "Unit Availability Change", similar to how the Siege Engine upgrade is applied.
Everything seems to be working now, except for the fact that when I have not yet done the research, I am able to train both unit A and unit B. I have tried making only unit A trainable, but then after completing the research, neither can be trained. I have looked at the siege engine, workshop, chaos, and barrage (research) object data, but can't see what I'm doing differently that could cause this behaviour.
What am I doing wrong?

Blizzard wrote a function (in Blizzard.j) that runs for every map that disables siege tank and head hunter from training for all players at the start of the game. You also have to do that, disable the training of the better type at the start.
If that is for one map only and you don't like coding that much you can alter the tech setup in some of the menu next to the one that changes forces and players.

Level 18
Blizzard wrote a function (in Blizzard.j) that runs for every map that disables siege tank and head hunter from training for all players at the start of the game. You also have to do that, disable the training of the better type at the start.
If that is for one map only and you don't like coding that much you can alter the tech setup in some of the menu next to the one that changes forces and players.
I found the function you're referring to (InitSummonableCaps). I should be able to get it working with this information. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.