• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Setting Research Level Crashes Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello Everyone,

I am working on a trigger that involves upgrading a unit when it dies then resurrecting it. The function itself states: ("Setting the Current Research Level of 'X' = Current Research Level of 'X' + 1").

It works!!! but only for the first two times the unit dies. At the third, the death crashes the game. With the upgrade [via Object Editor], I have set the maximum level of the upgrade to 6 and got rid of all techtree dependencies. I even set an "IF" statement to make sure the research level can't go above 6. Is there a reason why it stops at the "3rd" death. I am confident that there are no other reason except those that are related to setting research.

Level 13
Which upgrade is yours based on? I tried to reproduce this using the "Iron Forged Swords" upgrade. It worked as intended for me.

pVaQ98S.png

Level 4
Thank you for the advice. I had forgotten which upgrade I used because I decided to scrap it and just level up an ability based on "Item Bonus Life/Damage." I assumed it did not matter which upgrades you used since you could change all (not most of) the parameters. Perhaps basing it on something like Animal War Training could have add limitations like level capping. I will have to double check one time to make sure that is the case. For now, the trigger is working as intended.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I had forgotten which upgrade I used because I decided to scrap it and just level up an ability based on "Item Bonus Life/Damage."
You mean one of the item abilities that cannot be levelled because they have incorrect level change logic? I strongly recommend checking if the unit's life maximumt is being modified as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.