• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrade / Research Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
This will immediately research the desired upgrade:
  • Actions
    • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Forged Swords to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
    • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Forged Swords to ((Current research level of Iron Forged Swords for Player 1 (Red)) + 1) for Player 1 (Red)
Setting a research level to 0 will un-upgrade it.

If you have multiple Enemy/Computer players then put them in a Player Group and use Pick Every Player to research the upgrades for all of them at the same time.

And I don't know why "Applies to All Units" doesn't work. I assume that's supposed to bypass the need for a unit to "Use" the Upgrade.
Anyway, you can always go through each individual unit and give it the Upgrade as one of it's Techtree - Upgrades Used in the Object Editor.

Level 12
This will immediately research the desired upgrade:
  • Actions
    • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Forged Swords to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
    • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Forged Swords to ((Current research level of Iron Forged Swords for Player 1 (Red)) + 1) for Player 1 (Red)
Setting a research level to 0 will un-upgrade it.

If you have multiple Enemy/Computer players then put them in a Player Group and use Pick Every Player to research the upgrades for all of them at the same time.

And I don't know why "Applies to All Units" doesn't work. I assume that's supposed to bypass the need for a unit to "Use" the Upgrade.
Anyway, you can always go through each individual unit and give it the Upgrade as one of it's Techtree - Upgrades Used in the Object Editor.

Thanks, tested it out and it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.