• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unable to change Siege Engine properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a strange problem. I tryied to modify Siege Engine on my map, so I changed things like Scaling value, name etc. I can see all the changes like scale and name changed in world editor but somehow it doesn't change in game.
I tried to create custom unit based on siege engine and changed values to what i wanted but it didn't help. I also tried to change the properties on the Siege Engine while I've had custom unit (Steam Tank) on map and it still doesn't help.
So I created new custom unit based on Footman and changed all the values to Siege Engine and some to what i wanted but in game it still shows that fu**ing Siege Engine with basic stats.
I also tried on new map without all the terrain units and doodads and it works on it. I don't know what to do. Maybe it's some trigger screwing all the things up ?

EDIT: Even when I changed the model on custom unit wich I created, it still replaces it ingame with Siege Engine.

Level 25
Does your unit have the ability Chaos(Siege Engine) or such?
Because the Siege Engine has an upgrade that replaces it with a Siege Engine that can shoot air, so if you have that research set to be researched, then it's no wonder that your unit gets replaced with the Siege Engine..

Level 5
Thanks! It works but when i removed chaos ability then he can't shoot air so I enabled both attacks for him but then he shoots from cannon and also fires missiles. Is there way to enable for him only missiles for air units ?

Level 5
Thanks!

It works but now I want that the Tank will be able to shoot on ground units with his cannon(first attack) and then to shoot air units with his rockets(barrage) the first attack should be kinda as mortar team attack. That means it should have area damage, be able to shoot ground but be instant as original Steam Engine's first attack.

But here's the problem. When the attack targets allowed are: ground, structure, debris, tree, wall then he doesn't want to attack ground units. So I allowed also organic. BUT when the organic is allowed on the first attack then tha tank attacks with his first attack also air units. So I marked the air units as ancient and allowed targets for second attack(barrage) air and ancient but it doesn't work. :(

Here's my map If you didn't understand me.

Attachments

• Tank TEST.w3x
    299.4 KB · Views: 53
Level 5
Thanks that works, but is there a way to not show the attack animation while he's attacking with his second(barrage) attack ? Because it kinda sucks when he fires rockets and shoots from his cannon at the same time however the cannon doesn't damage anything. I also improved the projectile launch position so the rockets fire from the back of the tank.

Here's new version of map.

Attachments

• Tank TEST_v3.w3x
    299.8 KB · Views: 48
Level 5
I think I am using the upgraded Siege engine. I based the new unit on Siege Engine(barrage), isn't that upgraded version? Have you looked in my map ? The problem is that the model shows attack animation when he uses barrage and I don't want that because it sucks to see shot from a cannon when the cannon in fact doesn't damage anything, only rockets do.

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm not sure what you mean could you post me a test map ?

And also is it possible to give him ability to shoot ground like mortar team or meat wagon has ?

Level 5
Thank you! That works so my last problem is that attack animation when firing rockets(barrage). Don't know how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.