• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #9 - Cataclysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
Ok here go pictures: One without effects and that same with effects!

WC3ScrnShot_031110_023458_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_031110_123627_01.jpg

*Terrain isn't finished jet and I already add more stuff to it, but if you have any idea just leave comment here or send me a message! :thumbs_up:

Level 13
@icecreamofdeath

It's pretty good, but I would wanna see something special there, dunno what but something. Try getting better models for those houses, that texture is really stretched. And when you look right, you can see really empty place there. You could add some more shrubs / grass doodads there too but not too much.

Ok here go pictures: One without effects and that same with effects!

WC3ScrnShot_031110_023458_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_031110_123627_01.jpg

*Terrain isn't finished jet and I already add more stuff to it, but if you have any idea just leave comment here or send me a message! :thumbs_up:

Ughh, The blizzard trees look horrible.

179238-albums2450-picture25844.png

hope you like it and give critisim ;D

Looking good.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Yup still working on that area and add some grass on the ground. New WIP by later tonight.

EDIT: Here is my WIP #2 (please suggest stuff)

Add some tree varitation, then modify that Light from Above ( Angled )- doodad on right, it look so damn solid atm. Try adding some far mountains or something, it looks empty. Then you could add some transparency to water. These are my suggestions.

Corretc, you seriously need to fix that light. Also, complementing what Piwlady said, the water must have some transparency because it's just a small pool, not an ocean.

For the background, add the mountains, put some increasing fog
with a suitable color (white, that clear blue or even create one) and, if you want, add several trees, to reinforce the "untouchable forest" look.

Also, most units (if not all) placed in terrains don't work that well.

Level 36
Yes you can, but not WoW imports...

As I have said one time already; Do NOT interperate lies about the rules.

"Map may be based on the Ultimate Terraining Map. Or any other models taken from either Hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns register."

That is a direct quote from the main post, and that is the rule. It states that you cannot use imports from other sites than hive and wc3c, therefore Kobas will have to remove those imports in his final submission if he doesnt want his terrain to be disqualified.

I will also change the "Map may" to "Map may only" to avoid any further misunderstandings.

Keiji said:
I will also change the "Map may" to "Map may only" to avoid any further misunderstandings.
I'd use "Map must only". People make up their own theories about models and they are so naive yet serious, when replying, it's like they invented the rules or something.

I mean look at that post:
tleno said:
Yes you can, but not WoW imports...
Who exactly told you that XGM is allowed?

Uh, along with the server's connection problem, which I can't understand why anyone tries nothing at all, I will kill myself for the second time.

Level 14
How many times does this need to be said? Jeez, its stated in the last post and in the first post AND in keiji's previous post. I don't feel the need to state what they said so you figure it out..

-Offtopic- don't post another time, cause your post count is so Leet :D

Level 12
You'll have to show the specific model and ask for permission.
-I- read the rules.

Oh, and you can only ask Keiji for permission, any other replies are not valid.

Level 36
If it is this one you are referring to, then it IS in wc3c. If not, then you have a great urban pack right there if you want to create a modern map. And Hero Lief, no, I have already specified what imports is allowed by only allowing models from hive and wc3c, that means that no other models will be approved. I also removed that little sentence from the main post, to get rid of the missunderstanding.

Level 11
No that is not the same pack. The one on TheHelper is much larger and with smaller more specific doodads.

Thats a shame though :(

Perhaps I could make something with that pack though, if I can find some stuff for the before shot.

Also in the second shot can the cataclysm be in progress or does it have to be afterwards. I don't see why it would be a problem, but I thought it best to ask.

So I was wondering... If I join this contest MUST I make two terrains or can I make it like here? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1619596/Hive/terraining9banner.jpg

My current idea is to make a nice spring looking terrain with flowers and butterflies on the one side and the harsh winter everything in ice on the other, both terrains would be on the same map.

Dunno it's just my idea and if I'm allowed to make it so(If I'll join of course :p)

Avator, of course not. It can be an in-game screenshot too. It's just some terrain you make and show it off without other party software. That's all; it can be anywhere, either the editor or the game itself. So yes, if someone has to add transparency to a model, he would need the same version of the model with greater transparency, which is against the rules, so he would have to set the transparency with triggers.

Level 36
So I was wondering... If I join this contest MUST I make two terrains or can I make it like here? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1619596/Hive/terraining9banner.jpg

My current idea is to make a nice spring looking terrain with flowers and butterflies on the one side and the harsh winter everything in ice on the other, both terrains would be on the same map.

Dunno it's just my idea and if I'm allowed to make it so(If I'll join of course :p)

Yes, the rules clearly states that you have to make two terrains, OR make one terrain of the pre-cataclysm, then change the terrain to make it post-cataclysm style, and the terrain idea you are talking about doesnt even answer to the theme, your idea is a contrast terrain.

Level 18
My idea is also ice related, but I hope it won't end up the same as Berzerker's terrain... It'll be a forest with some creatures where everything is thick frozen in a mere second. With a bunch of repeated work, I might be able to pull off a nice terrain that'll let people know exactly what happened when they see it.

If your idea is too much like mine Berzerker: Screw you, I'm not giving up this 1!
(just kidding on the screw you part xD)

Level 5
thats a great idea (not that im going to steal it or anything (seriously im not ive got my own)) cant wait to see how it turns out, good luck :p

Level 14
A nearly finished WiP, i need to add to the foreground and the left of the civilization where the water canal begins, also the far right, middle of the shot, and whatever you guys may mention! And the final detailings. (plants etc.)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_031510_225339_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_031510_225339_01.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 186
Level 11
I asee you are using cameras to change your view. You dont have to do that!
Just hold CTRL and your right mouse button at the same time while moving your mouse to change your angle.:)

Using cameras is easy to switch on, if you want to see the area from two definite points. Also I think it would be better to post your final entry with terrains screened from the same point of view, which will be better with camera :)

Status
Not open for further replies.