• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #4 - The Story of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Guess ill make a small update in this thread to keep it a bit updated and active.

Terrain has been done for about 75%, and the current duration of the movie just elapsed it's 1st minute yesterday.
All music samples have been collected.
Male voice narration has been done and female voice narration is in progress.
Additionally the loading screen has been made and so is the minimap preview.

Level 15
I have terrained and triggered 4 out of 5 scenes. I just need to do the final fight, which will be the longest and hardest scene to trigger. Then I need to start getting some sound. Do you know a good free website for DLing music. Cause the music that i want to add in I only have in video format.

Level 13
Well a Minor update on my cinematic, currently I am triggering quite a bit of content, to fancy up the cinematics, it's quite hard to trigger the bits I am doing, for I am working on projectile movement which at least I haven't seen before.

I currently running against the 2 minute time frame on my cinematic, but the main battle scenes yet have to be made, which is going to be a sting in the behind to get done in aprox 2 weeks.

Perhaps it's good idea to make a active list on the first page of the contestants whom are still trying to complete their cinematic to see what competition and possible entries we can expect.

Level 11
Um. Why is everyone talking about exams. I mean school doesnt start until l1st September. And tomorow isnt first September. And no one has exams first day of school, aldo I cant garantie for second day.

Level 15
Perhaps it's good idea to make a active list on the first page of the contestants whom are still trying to complete their cinematic to see what competition and possible entries we can expect.

Well im still in but you dont have to worry about me being a competition, lol. You all will probably kill me when it comes to triggers and cameras. But I could care less. I am only joining this for the practice.

Ok, time for W.I.P.s

Attachments

• WIP1.jpg
    WIP1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 143
  • WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 126
  • WIP3.jpg
    WIP3.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 129
Level 13
Just a little update a week before the submissions should be done.

My cinematic basically is around 60% done time line wise, about all terrain is done so far, except for some fine tuning here and there.

There are still allot of more complex triggering to be done, I will probably post some WIP's tomorrow so you can check a couple of shots in the cinematic.

Still not sure if I will make it in time with my submission tho.

Level 13
If possible, could there be an extended deadline, cause I think with my current progression, I will not be able to deliver my entry in time, it's nearly done, aside from the Final scene, credits some sound effects and Fine tuning.

Level 14
I believe that there will be an extension. I mean, has anyone actually finished their submission? You do know there are 2 more days left.

I'm basically done. Just need to import the final voice actings but that won't take more than half an hour.

Level 21
As I have foretold it.. As usually users can't reach the time limit. But I suggest that extension shouldn't bigger then a week or even less. As you told me users need to learn to respect limits and not always push it.

But it is still over for me.

Level 35
But I suggest that extension shouldn't bigger then a week or even less. As you told me users need to learn to respect limits and not always push it.

Nothing less then a week would kinda spoil it - as when people ask for an extension it would be dumb to give the least amount of time risking another push or complain - but a week should cover it.

Well the contests are made for the users so it isn't really a problem that there is an extension, only when its pushed several times or similar.

After all the hope is for the contest to create useful resources to the community - So respect should be in "" here as it is people's free time and most have a life besides and when they are still willing to participate it would be a self destructive way to go over the top with enforcement of time limits - Although I as said agree that it shouldn't be pushed more then once. :smile:

Level 13
Here is an actual post that is a bit more on-topic and does actually have content.

I made 3 screenshots of the cinematic, it's very hard to capture the action sequences, since they are quite fast paced and are either in slomo or done significantly fast, so I did not put any particular in these except the last, which might look a bit dodgy cause I am still working on Syncing the action movements here and there.

additional note, the terrain in the last shot is still rather beta, it really depends on the fact if I can up that a bit before the date ends.
For now, completing the cinematic and fine tuning the action and adding additional lightsources has the highest priority.

Attachments

• Darkness Within - 01.jpg
    Darkness Within - 01.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 2,357
  • Darkness Within - 02.jpg
    Darkness Within - 02.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,311
  • Darkness Within - 03.jpg
    Darkness Within - 03.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,495
its 9/11

we are americans.

Kinda sad somehow. The americans blow up entire cities, destroys watering systems preserved from the sumerian age (over 2000 years bc!), and kills over 400 000 people including many civilians.

Yet when two skyscrapers fall, it makes a big day that everyone remembers.

Status
Not open for further replies.