• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #4 - The Story of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24

1234047002Og4jbp.jpg

Cinematic Contest #4 - The Story of...
Each contestant must create a cinematic about one person telling another person a story.

Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  2. If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  3. All submissions must follow the current theme. If any map does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  4. Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • Several screenshots of terrain and dialogue.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  5. You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  6. Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  7. Judges and/or hosts may not participate.
  8. Your final submission must be bug free.
  9. Teamwork is not allowed.
    • Finding testers and voice actors to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
  10. Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
  11. Your cinematic must follow the following time limits.
    • Your cinematic must be longer than 2 minutes.
    • Your cinematic may be no longer than 15 minutes.

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 40 reputation points and an award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judges:
    Linaze
  • Judging Criteria:

Theme
    /20

Story
    /20

Atmosphere
    /20

Terrain
    /20

Camera
    /20
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Contest Dates And Deadline
  • The contest shall begin on Tuesday, 4th August 2009 and conclude on Friday, 11th September 2009, 0:00 AM GMT

Last edited:
Level 11
Hehe. Maybe I'll join. If I do, this will be my first cinematic ever :p

I like the theme. I mean, technically, whole SotHM is this theme. Nikolas story. Aldo it touches few more lives at big part.

Level 11
hey. Is it allowed to get someone to check the grammar and spelling. Not to write it all, just to tell you where you were wrong once he watches the cinematic, since that is allowed.

Level 11
Maybe I will enter, but I guess I'm too nooby

What do you want. I entered, and this will be the first cinematic I ever made.
If you want, I say enter.

Oh, and my cinematic has little vulgarity. Its not addressed to anyone who is watching, but is peasant in mere fights between the characters, and (hopefully) makes cinematic more funnier. So, is it allowed? Or should i remove and replace with something more acceptable.

Level 18
If I got enough time, I've got an idea ready to be given shape ^^

PS: For everyone who is confused about what is meant by the theme: Imagine you sitting on grandpa's lapse and he is going to tell you about how different life was when he was your age.

Level 12
Do not Steal my idea:

Future teller anyone?

That was my idea!

I guess I could take that element out of my idea, and think of something else. (Yes, this means I am joining.)
Anyway, good luck with your entry, Just_Spectating. Let us both pray that our ideas have nothing else in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.