• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #2 - Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
4748-peon-copy.png

[size=6+]Cinematic Contest #2[/size]
Each contestant must create a love story cinematic.

Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  2. If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  3. All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  4. Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • Several screenshots of terrain and dialogue.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  5. You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  6. Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  7. Judges and/or hosts may not participate.
  8. Your final submission must be bug free.
  9. Teamwork is not allowed.
  10. Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
  11. Your cinematic must follow the following time limits.
    • Your cinematic must be longer than 2 minutes.
    • Your cinematic may be no longer than 10 minutes.

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 30 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 15 reputation points
  • Third Place: 5 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judging Criteria:
    • Entertainment - /20
    • Creativity - /20
    • Storyline - /20
  • 75% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Contest Dates And Deadline
  • Each map must be complete and submitted 5 weeks after the contest begins.
    The contest shall begin on November 8th, 2008 and conclude on [rainbow]
    December 20th, 2008, 12:00 AM[/rainbow] (GMT)

Submission

bounty hunter2 - Agony
Nbah - The Broken Promise
CoBrA b - Ice Heart
Thrikodius - Awkward Affection
Avator - Cecile

Note

Extension have been provided and would end once I have gain another 2-3 submission

Last edited:
Damnit! So many contests are on and now this one comes finally.

Well, I'll see if I can make one to this contest.

There are two other major mapping contests as well, but they are coalitions of art and mapping. The Campaign Contest and the Paired Mapping Contest.

Hmm.. I would be interested to judge this contest.

Firelord213 is judging, but he wants another judge. If you're up for it then sure.

Again comedy theme? Oh come on moderators. Give something new... I think comedy is perhaps the most stupid theme because you can't create any great battles or anything serious... And it's hard to find a good music for comedy theme.

I think this is a fail... Sorry!

Yeah, well it wasn't me idea. I just post the threads. I could talk to Septimus or Firelord213 and get their opinions on just removing the theme.

Level 18
I think I got a really neat idea for a love story, but to give it a real story, it'll need a good background. If that has to fit in 10 minutes, it'll probably not be such a great story :sad:

Anyway, I'm probably not entering anyway since the cinematics must be made all alone, and I'm terrible with terraining and I can't make my triggers leakless :sad:
I don't know if it's allowed to share idea's, but if so: Then I'd be willing to tell whoever is looking for a story (who is sure to enter the contest). If it's made, I might make a Single Player version of my A for Assassin map (No, the MP version is not released yet! It's under construction) and place that cinematic in it! :thumbs_up:
But that's all if it's allowed to exchange cinematic idea's.

Level 18
I think I'm quite a decent triggerer (except for the anti-leak part). I just suck at terraining! xD

Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay

So I guess terrain does count. Even if it didn't count for the points, it still gives a very crappy overall look.

By the way: Are voice-actors marked as project partners, or are they allowed in this competition?

Can we use sounds, like voices for the characters?

Umm. Why wouldn't you be able to?

Also lets say if it does go over a bout a minutes or so how would that effect the score for every minute over? or can we just not go over no matter what?

If you're like 20 or 30 seconds under or over nothing will happen, but if it's not within those exceptions it will be disqualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.