• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #4 - The Story of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Whoa, hold on a second there Rui. Who are you to come here and take over my contest?
As far as I know, the contest has already ended, and we have two submissions, that's that unless someone of the higher ups say different.
Who are YOU to take the lead role of any contest?

To answer your question, I am one who's trying to give a chance to the contest that shouldn't have been opened to start with. The last one was a failure, why did anyone advance with this one?
Yes, it is that big of a deal. Or doesn't Hemlock's comment demonstrate how pleased he is with the outcome?

He says a lot of things, it seems, but after all, he has no power over this contest, so if he wishes to see it extended or w/e, he can take it with the admins. My words are final, the contest has ended.
This tone of yours is seriously starting to annoy me.

Have it your way then.
~Thread locked

Level 14
The contest is complete. All that remains is for the judging and the poll.
On a side note:

Well, as long as me and Warnicro stay you can at least expect a good duel ;)

I was right, wasn't I? I wouldn't call the contest a failure, as two high quality resources were produces, right? It wasn't as big of a success as some might have hoped but still, I wouldn't call it a failure.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Linaze is not banned, he just seems not to be answering. I don't usually do judge work, but I will if nobody else is available.
I guess we're set then. I'll begin preparing the poll sometime this week. I'll still be keeping a look out on this thread. Perhaps one of you has a suggestion for a judge?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Bounty has agreed to judge this contest.
I have changed my mind, I'll probably end up judging too. Is that alright, everybody?

I'd also propose we change a few things on the judging criteria. Judges' opinion weights 75%, against users' 25%. I don't like this; the fact the jury is composed of only 1 or 2 people already makes their vote weight a lot. Does anyone want to change this?
Plus, the judging criteria is based on Theme, Terrain, Story, Atmosphere and Camera, each with a scale that ranges from 0 to 20. Personally I think a 0-20 scale is too high. I'd just write a comment and vote, but I may consider following the criteria if users want me to.

Level 14
I like the judge choice as well as the idea to abolish the scale. Writing a comment and voting is fine, there really is no need for the scale. As for the Judge/poll % I don't really have any comments. I like it as it is but I won't be too bothered if it gets changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.