• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #3 - Sorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
You have almost three weeks, that's more then enough for sure.

WIP

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Level 17
Damn ... my editor/computer crashes very often lately, unluckily I had to remake my done work all the time ... I could have been much farer but my FUCKING computer is a pain in my ass currently. If I can't finish it before my holidays end, I quit. I have absolutely no chance doing it next to school due tue timelessness. Bounty hunter, you can delete me from the contestant list as long as I have no submission until 20 april.

Level 17
Ok, faith is surely against me ...
1.) My computer really is a piece of $#!T, it's broken and will be repaired in 2 days - 2 day less.
2.)Thursday I am going on holidays for 2 days - 2 days less.

I generally was planning to do all that this week but as it seems I can't anymore. Bounty hunter, you can delete me now... -.-

Level 23
Bounty, you can delete me too, if you added me again:p
I wont have time, and are banned from Mondays to Thursdays when I am at my dad, and limited time, 2 hours, from Mondays to Fridays at my mom.

And school...

Level 18
@Just_Spectating: Yes, ofcourse. Voice-acting never has been prohibited in any contest.

@lord_ken: The only people that would actually cry are probably very sensitive people. The rest isn't heartless, it's just that low detail along with a story and clip made in a month is a good reason to be unable to insert the special touches.

Level 23
If the theme is "Sorrow". According to my mom which is a teacher, the theme is something which should follow through the whole plot. I'm not saying my mom is right lol, but making it happy first might be too twisted. It depends on how you make it though.

Level 18
@frostwhipser: You don't make the shadow, you just make the light.

@Bob27: Remove some graves. It doesn't look real at all.
9905_08_4---Graveyard_web.jpg
That's a sample of a graveyard. There isn't 1 stone every 1m2, so keep that part a bit more realistic. If it's a mass-grave, there would be 1 big stone to remember them all or no stones at all.

Level 18
That doesn't make sense. If you're short on space, you make less graves, not more.

I'll join lord_ken on this one. I'm having a big problem with Unwrapping the model I'm making for my submission. It's been in the Texturing section for about a week now and nobody seems to know what's wrong. I would really hate it if I can't finish my models in time because of something like that!

Level 24
How do you people make these shadows? Is there a tut somewhere? o_O

I use this custom script which will make everything pitch black.

• Custom script: call SetDayNightModels("","")
Then like Avator said I use custom light models to create the light.

@Bob27: Remove some graves. It doesn't look real at all.
9905_08_4---Graveyard_web.jpg
That's a sample of a graveyard. There isn't 1 stone every 1m2, so keep that part a bit more realistic. If it's a mass-grave, there would be 1 big stone to remember them all or no stones at all.

I'll see if I can make it look a bit more like the graveyard in the picture. Thanks for the feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.