• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #2 - Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
-I thought I set the camera's and sky to get the snow field out of sight. I'll have to check that again then.
-The camera's were annoying, because of some distances, angles or views it doesn't show some of the environment.
-For all terrain related stuff: I truly suck at terraining, so in my opinion I've done one heck of a job with this one xD
-Due to lack of space on the road, I can't place pathing blockers to separate the trottoir from the road. So to prevent people from going out to walk over the road and walk straight through cars, I gave them small collision size.
-Big size... What did you expect with 3 music files and over 100 imports?
-That must be a mistake when 'censuring' this map. The original already has all voice-acting triggered and I deleted those along with the imports and excess sounds in the sound editor to prevent spoilers. Seems like I accidentally deleted the 'Stop shaking' command along.

For the other comments:
-You may thank the voice-actors for that. They're all mentioned in the credits (if you managed to read it through shaking xD)
-It's far from what I wanted out of it :sad:
-Same as with the voice-actors: Thank the people mentioned in the credits for that ^^
-Thank you very much :)
-Not much to say here... Thanks composers and artists of those tracks! I love 'em :thumbs_up:

I'll try to fix as much as possible of the comments you gave. Thanks for taking the time to test and comment my WIP and I'll try to get in done in proper quality ASAP :wink:

EDIT: No Septimus, it was just a WIP. The cinematic is not finished.

Level 31
I already review that resources and I think this have been delayed quite a time just for you only. I would give you an extension of up to 2 weeks to finish it, if you failed to send me the latest submission by 12/2/2009; I going to use the submission I have just receive from you.

And it would be unfair for the other if I give you a rather longer extension time while not for them. Hope you understand that.

Level 34
No more extensions, this has gone on too long. You all have one week, the contest will end Feb 16th.

Level 34
First you say no more extensions and then you extend the deadline by 4 extra days? :gg:
From what I read, there was no deadline. Septimus was going to end it when he got enough submissions. I'm putting the pressure on to actually finish it.

Level 18
I already review that resources and I think this have been delayed quite a time just for you only. I would give you an extension of up to 2 weeks to finish it, if you failed to send me the latest submission by 12/2/2009; I going to use the submission I have just receive from you.

And it would be unfair for the other if I give you a rather longer extension time while not for them. Hope you understand that.

It's the first post on the previous page :wink:

Level 18

What about this then? We are all done Gilles, just waiting for Avator.

Level 31
I don't see anything fair in a 3 month submission compared to our deadline.

Because you all said you all have complete it. Apart from that, if 2 out of the 4 submission was poorly develop, it won't be fair because the 2nd worst submission entry could get a free reputation for being at 3rd place all because he finish it before the deadline.

Level 11
Because you all said you all have complete it. Apart from that, if 2 out of the 4 submission was poorly develop, it won't be fair because the 2nd worst submission entry could get a free reputation for being at 3rd place all because he finish it before the deadline.

I would have changed many things and developed it far more greater if I had 3 months that's the point, sadly I thought the deadline (3 days or so I think it was) was going to be final so I rushed.

Level 12
I would have changed many things and developed it far more greater if I had 3 months that's the point, sadly I thought the deadline (3 days or so I think it was) was going to be final so I rushed.

This is what happened to me, too. I thought I only had a week to make my cinematic, so I rushed really hard to get it done by the deadline. If I had 3 months, I would probably have taken my time to make my cinematic look better than it did when I turned it in. Still, no complaints on my part.

Level 18
So you guys didn't improve your maps while I was working on mine? If I had my submission entered and we were waiting for someone else, I'd have worked on my submission to improve it where possible, and post a new improved submission every once in a while. Then I'm sure to have as high quality as time can buy.

Level 34
Everyone has had the same amount of time. Besides, it's all about modding isn't it? Wouldn't you rather see good submissions, and win in a close contest than winning simply because you finished on the original deadline?

Level 28
I made a mini-rush the last week and was done 3 days before the deadline, but I didn't upload it till 1 day before. And then with the extent I was able to fix some of the bugs.

But seriously, if you are too stressed you might get a heart attack and die. That's my philosophy anyway so I take it easy and enjoy the calm moments. XD

BTW: Post number 666! :mwahaha:

Level 12
So you guys didn't improve your maps while I was working on mine? If I had my submission entered and we were waiting for someone else, I'd have worked on my submission to improve it where possible, and post a new improved submission every once in a while. Then I'm sure to have as high quality as time can buy.

So, if no one else has a problem with this, if I manage to make an improved version of my cinematic before Avator finishes, would it be accepted, or would the one I've already submitted be the only one that would be accepted because I declared it as my official final version?

I have some minor changes in mind that could easily be done with a few tweaks to the triggering, maybe even a few terrain changes.

If anyone has a problem with me trying to do this, let me know and I'll just stick with the version I already submitted.

Level 12
Done! Here's the map!

Should I PM this to Septimus, or just leave it posted here?

Attachments

• Ice Heart.w3x
    4.2 MB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.