1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Participate in Blizzard's Public Test Realm to give them feedback on the upcoming patches. Info is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Congratulate the winners of the first ATC contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. You love Warcraft 3? You love drawing? Than You mustn't miss Icon Contest #16! Display Your skills, have fun and win awards!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Traverse to a whole new location by voting for the best music pieces on the Music Contest #7 Poll
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Sneak, pickpocket and assassinate! Create a stealth map in Mini-Mapping Contest #14!
    Dismiss Notice

Mini-Mapping Contest #14 - Stealth

Discussion in 'The Arena' started by Rufus, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

qq.png
    Stealth
    Contestants are to create a map where the player should hide, sneak, pickpocket, assassinate or perform similiar quiet and stealthy things.

[​IMG]
    • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
    • If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
    • All submissions must follow the current theme.
    • Your submission must be posted before the deadline in the contest thread. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
      • Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay.
      • The file in the appropriate format.
    • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
    • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
    • Judges may not participate.
    • Your final submission should be mostly bug free.
    • Teamwork is not allowed.
      • Finding testers and voice actors to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
    • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited. You may make new models, icons, etc specifically for the contest.

[​IMG]
    • First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
    • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
    • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon
    • Finished entry and judges: 5 reputation points

[​IMG]
    • Judge #1
    • Judge #2
    Contact me if you want to be a judge in this contest!

[​IMG]

Theme How well does the entry comform the contest theme "Stealth"? 20%
    Gameplay The fun factor: Does the whole package create an enjoyable experience for the player?
    e.g. Are the spell effects satisfying, is there replayability, is the plot compelling, ...?
    40%
    Aesthetics Is it good looking terrain-wise? How polished are the details such as preview pictures, title, in-game texts and icons? 30%
    Triggers Does the map run well performance-wise?
    Factors which influence this category are: efficiency of the triggers/coding, memory leaks, etc.
    10%

• 65% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • 35% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
    [​IMG]
    • The contest shall begin on July 22nd, and conclude on September 31st, 23:59 GMT, GMT

Theme Poll | Theme Discussion

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Zenonoth Presents

Run Tyrande, Run!

[​IMG]
    "Run Tyrande, Run!" is a 2P co-op map which combines both Stealth and Escape gameplay, made for the Mini-Mapping Contest#14: Stealth by Rufus"

Story

''Tyrande and Shandris, after dealing with the Orcish & Human encroachment on the lands of Ashenvale; finds herself facing a bigger threat! the Burning Legion has returned, and Archimonde's doomguards are after Tyrande!"

Gameplay

- You get to choose between playing as Tyrande Whisperwind or Shandris Feathermoon, Tyrande's loyal friend
    - You are then forced to use stealth to assassinate demons and escape captivity from Archimonde's Doomguards!

Features

- 2 playable heroes that coordinate their abilities for achieving success
    - 3 Difficulties
    - Achievements
    - Time limit
    - Various items

- Unlockable cheats

Screenshots

Coming soon.

Credits

Coming soon..

Changelog

Coming soon..

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Nice. Off to a good start!
    Please, make it playable with both 1 and 2 players! :)

[​IMG]
    Contestant WIP Entry
    Zenonoth Click Click
    The_Silent Click Click
    Name Click Click

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2017
  4. Argus

Argus

Do these usually last for 6 months? Not really a 'mini'-mapping contest then, is it? ;)

5. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Ooooooops.

No they don't. I have no idea what you are talking about... :D

6. PROXY

PROXY

Model Reviewer

I'm so going to participate. Maybe the second mapping contest in my whole time on the hive. We'll see how it turns out :D

7. The_Silent

The_Silent

Model Reviewer

Probably going to participate. I have this somewhat unique idea for a stealth system.

8. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Cool!
    Already a lot of participants. :)

I haven't decided if I'm going to join myself yet.

9. The_Silent

The_Silent

Model Reviewer

Testing out a sight system. So here is a first wip.

The numbers is the coordinates. Anything in-between the green lines will be detected. If it is a thread the lines will turn red and you will be detected.

10. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Video doesn't work. :/

11. The_Silent

The_Silent

Model Reviewer

Refresh the page and try again. Might have to go to the youtube site. Not sure how hidden videos work.

12. PROXY

PROXY

Model Reviewer

Most impressive!

13. DD_legionTN

DD_legionTN

Oh, I'm still thinking when you will host the contest after the tie break poll. Gonna think what idea i could come up with, and contest duration is 2 months! Could have plenty of time to make it.

14. Rheiko

Rheiko

Subscribing because this is somewhat interesting!

15. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

@DD_legionTN
    Be careful not to wait for too long though!
    People usually think they have a lot of time, and then asks for an extension.

I will only extended the contest if the majority thinks its ok, by anonymous vote.

@Rheiko
    "somewhat"!?
    This is the best contest evah! The most interestinging. The greatsest.
    Making the mini-mapping contests great again!

16. The_Silent

The_Silent

Model Reviewer

Sight detection system finished (May need some optimization though)
    Uses a raycaster-like system to detect obstacles. Becomes red when an enemy is detected and no obstacles block the vision.

The red lines may be a little hard to see in the video.

17. DD_legionTN

DD_legionTN

Thanks for your reminder. Since my school exam is coming, I would have little time to participate within first month. But for the next month I'm complete free, so I might only have 1 month to complete the map after exam. Hopefully I could really be able to finish the map.

18. PROXY

PROXY

Model Reviewer

Logosmall.png
    Prepare to play as the deadliest assassin this world has ever known. Small but equipped with a quick mind, a deadly sword aswell as conveniant and clever gadgets, the goblin Tynlee Shadowfinger is an enemy feared by all those who can not afford her service.

Tynlee Shadowfinger
    Assasin.png

Basic Abilites:

- Temporal Flux Generator: Classic blink ability but has mechanical origin.

- Focusing Lens: Reveals area of the map, but other then the classic ability, this one has limited range.

- Vortex Cloak: Classic windwalk ability but with slowed movement speed. Tynlee gains the ability to instantly execute enemies when leaving the Vortex Cloak, depending on the strengh of the enemy and the level of the ability.

Basic Game Idea

Unseen is going to be a relativly simple stealth game. Similar to the Thievery campaign, but with straightforward gameplay. The abilities and mechanics are going to be relativly simple (as a I am not the master of coding and triggers) but I aim to compensate that with interesting level design, movement that requires thinking and planning as well as appealing asthetics. As in most stealth games, Tynlee is very weak when engaged in open combat and is pretty much sure to die. She has to rely on her abilities and strike from the shadows. But when she does, she is deadly. Kinda wanted to create a mix between 'Thief' and 'Dishonored'.

---------------------------------

Just some basic layout. I just love to do this stuff, so I figured, why not. I know that the abilites are pretty much standard warcraft abilities, but used under different circumstances and all with a little twist. Basic parameters for the gameplay are already set, such as enemy types, abilities, stealth 'mechanics' etc. Will post some screenshots when I get to it :)

19. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Nice!
    Maybe link the thievery campaign? :)

20. The_Silent

The_Silent

Model Reviewer

Progress preview of textures

Attached Files: