• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #2 - Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
This is as far as I can get it. I'm really sorry I took so much time of everyone here to wait for the judging and I know that this submission is still low of quality, but it's all I can get out of it, since I'll be going offline right after this post. I tested it and I still see a lot of camera trouble (damn, I hate those stupid camera's!) and some other issues, but it's alright to be viewed. I tried to make the stuff that wasn't done in the meantime, so the last part will show most lacks. I just wanted to complete the story at a bit less quality instead of posting only 4/5th of the cinematic.

Since my cinematic is over 15MB, I've uploaded it here and will send this link through PM to Septimus as final submission.

I hope you'll all enjoy the effort put in it (also by the voice-actors and other people mentioned in the credits) and very best luck to all contestants. May the best man win :wink:

Level 12
Just to make sure, did you get my updated version of my cinematic, Septimus? I think I posted it about a day or two ago. If you did not find it, I can PM it to you.

Level 34
Here are all the submissions I got, did I miss anyone?

The Hive Workshop

Cinematic Contest #2 Poll

Welcome to the poll for the latest Cinematic Contest. Please read through the rules before voting!
  • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Yes, this is seriously a rule now.
Contest Prizes And Winnings

First Place: 30 reputation points and a special award icon
Second Place: 15 reputation points
Third Place: 5 reputation points
Submissions

Even though you'll probably never see this raging...

What do you mean a song from your dad for free? Like, is it a song your dad made, or is it a song by a well-known artist that you got from your dad? Because getting it from your dad is not much different than getting it from Piratebay or Limewire you know. It's still distributing copyrighted material.

And Nbah, this is not a matter of wether or not you own the cd, or in this case game, that the music is taken from, it's about you redistributing it.

Anyway, I might be totally wrong on this in the end and the judges will disregard the rules, what do I know (waits for the moderator to reply).
Importing any material that is not freely distributed, will result in a disqualification and possible punishment.

Please report any submission that could have used illegal imports.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.