• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Cinematic Contest #3 - Sorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Just a few questions...

Can we ignore leaks, as long as they don't lead to lag?
Like Kingz said: Yes. As long as it doesn't cause issues seen by the viewer it's ok.

Is having a black and white film going to give me a disadvantage on atmosphere?
That depends on you: If a black and white filter matches your cinematic story, it would give you bonus points in the atmosphere part.

Has voice acting been a huge factor in these contests?
It's not going to be judged on by the judges, but it could be possible that the public will give more votes to cinematics with voice-acting then to cinematics without, even though it'll probably won't be very much I think. It's your choice :wink:

Good luck in the contest :thumbs_up:

Level 17
Is it any better?

I turned trees to doodads so they can randomly resize.

I finally found the BLP path of flowers.

I started unflattening the land.

I added a desaturated Dalaran sky.

Placed some doodads.

thegray2.png

Any better now?

Level 18
I don't have children in mine either. It does contain a memory of the main person's youth, but he's a young adult then :wink:

And before you ask me the same question: My cinematic will blow everybody's mind! You'll won't even come close to my stardom cinematic :thumbs_up:

Level 18
It's all your choice. Your goal is to make it sad, so if you just kill hundreds at the same time without anything specific to care about, you'll won't score very high.

PS: Resize that image or put it in hidden tags please. It's bigger then your post...

Level 18
That's just one way to make a story a sad one. You don't have to explain the main character, you can have multiple characters for that matter. You don't have to make someone die, leaving them or hurting someone can do the trick as well.

Anything is possible, it's mainly the execution that makes someone get the feeling it's sad (as long as the story is sad ofcourse).

Level 18
Now, you can all be amazed and notice you don't have the slightest chance of winning, for I, Avator, have the key to assaulting the first place and leave you mediocre modders far behind me :mwahaha:

cecile_wip_3260.jpg

This high-poly model will allow me to use extreme detail. It's so detailled that I can make expressions on the face by animating the mouth, eyes and even eyebrows! You don't have a chance. MUHAHAHAHA!

Level 24
The fire thingy is cool... How did you do that?

I just used a few custom light models and used this model pack.

Fire, Shrapnel, Smoke, & Explosions - Wc3campaigns

All the fire models I used in that screenshot should be in that pack.

Now, you can all be amazed and notice you don't have the slightest chance of winning, for I, Avator, have the key to assaulting the first place and leave you mediocre modders far behind me :mwahaha:

cecile_wip_3260.jpg

This high-poly model will allow me to use extreme detail. It's so detailled that I can make expressions on the face by animating the mouth, eyes and even eyebrows! You don't have a chance. MUHAHAHAHA!

Looks great, I look forward to seeing what it looks like in-game when its animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.