• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #9 - Cataclysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Here's my final pre-cataclysm version :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Not yet Sunken Ruins.jpg
    Not yet Sunken Ruins.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 704
Level 2
Here it is, my final version of Cataclysm
Some evil force is at work here, if y'ask me...

Attachments

• Blue-Eggsplosion Haxx0rz!.jpg
    Blue-Eggsplosion Haxx0rz!.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 633
Level 2
Although it's simple, I like it! You might want to add a second layer of water though, since it is has high clarity currently. It can't be that clear with all the rain and the ruins, that lie underwater.

You're absolutely right :wink:
I'll do that...
... tomorrow

Level 15
Thanks, Oziris, for mentioning that. It never dawned on me till now that the rocks that I'm using for that aren't on the hive or wc3c. The rocks that I used were the Custom_Rocks from this UTM.

But not a problem. I am currently working on replacing those rocks with some approved ones. The end result should be pretty much the same. Thanks again for bringing that up. I would hate to get disqualified because of it. Especially since the same thing can be done with other rock models, hehe.

And I guess I will have to construct some chains or some other type of support system for my robot thing, since those chains are from that map aswall and not an approved model on these two sites (at least I don't think it is, correct me if I'm wrong). But that ain't a problem either. I have an interesting idea for that.

Btw, thanks for the motivational posts people. My next wip for pre-cat will come soon.

Level 6
Really awesome contest :)
I won't be in since i suck at it, but it's an awesome theme!
Goodluck to everyone!
The WIP's i see so far are amazing :O Good job !

Level 9
You need this:
UTM 3.0
Blizzard trees are ugly. Replace them with some from the utm (i would replace the other plants either).
Your idea is pretty cool but i don't understand what this "white clouds" on the water should be. If its meant to be fog then you need to make it more like a big cloud on the water.
You could also change the terrain fog (don't know if its called like that in english) to a green/blue one.

Level 13
If this contest I think is still open I guess Ill join though my terrain may be a fail since i haven't terrained in years sadly.

Level 18
No, you have to make both terrains in 1 map. That discussion has been made once or twice before and there are no exceptions on that matter.

You don't remove anything. You simply use 1 half of the map for the pre-cataclysm terrain, and the other half of the map for the post-cataclysm terrain. Both terrains must be in the same map that you will have to attach to your final submission post.

Level 18
You can customize tilesets. Ofcourse not all tiles can be combined. You will have to do with whatever tiles you can combine. Maybe you can cover the flooring with models of a tile you need as a last resort if you need a tile that can't be combined.

EDIT: That would most certainly suck, because that discussion has been here before and it was very clear that everything had to be in 1 map. If really every contestant did that, then they better remake their terrains in 1 map or there will be either no contestants or no value to the rules.

Level 15
No, you have to make both terrains in 1 map. That discussion has been made once or twice before and there are no exceptions on that matter.

You don't remove anything. You simply use 1 half of the map for the pre-cataclysm terrain, and the other half of the map for the post-cataclysm terrain. Both terrains must be in the same map that you will have to attach to your final submission post.

If that were the case, then every single one of us, so far, would get disqualified. lol
Yes, you can make two different maps.

Level 15
Hm.... Ok... But that is a Very hard thing to accomplish :?

1. Tileset limits
2. Copy of the terrain and appropriate doodas
3. Screening angle (so that u don't 'see' the other part or the edges or smoething)
4. Different weather/sky needed ? o_O

That condition really ruins my plans ... yah

One more question:
Does it REALLY REALLY have to based on UTM 3.0? What If I don't need that huge laggy base of models and use my own selection? Is that a problem?

Level 15
Thank you Keiji! You saved me :)

I really want to try myself here, so I'll do it.

Edit:
Here we go:

First WIP2.JPG

The first WIP of my HL inspired generator thingy, which will blow up and unleash "Unforseen Consequences". I am looking for a way to add the rotating parts from above. And ofc - more things in the place. THat's just the very beginning. :)

Edit: Found how. Here's what it looks like, now.

Last edited:
Level 13
I have a question would a great attack on a certain building or something count as a cataclysmic event?

Will this do for now? The problem is i have bad grades in school and i did it really fast and i cant go on my computer. Only when my mother cant see me i can go ^^ I moved the angel a little (considering you approved Megafyr terrain this wont be a problem ), but its the same map, everything. So, don't tell me i made everything new and etc. Hope you like it and it isn't finished ofc. For the big crater in the ground i just raised the surrounding ground. It was difficult but i kind of did it. Suggestions and critiques are more then welcomed. Oh and i will be editing the castle latter, no worries ;)

Attachments

• After Cata.JPG
    After Cata.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 133
Level 36
Oziris, looks even better. Only add those things on the ground to make it look fuller.

My new WIP:

View attachment 80032

If I were you, I would try to make the terrain cleaner. There is awfully much going on in your terrain, mostly color difference. This could be done through making the terrain darker, like really dark. What this place would look like at night or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.